GT Sport Has Received 103 Free Cars & 32 Tracks Since Release

You paid for the updates? Weird, you might want to look into that.
He paid to have the game in the first place, just like you and I. Why can't people seem to grasp this concept when it's brought up? Just because the DLC itself doesn't have a price, you kind of have to own to the game to use the DLC. Pretty sure the game isn't free to buy in the first place.

32 tracks though? How many are just the same track but hey drive it in the other direction?

He paid to have the game in the first place, just like you and I. Why can't people seem to grasp this concept when it's brought up? Just because the DLC itself doesn't have a price, you kind of have to own to the game to use the DLC. Pretty sure the game isn't free to buy in the first place.

32 tracks though? How many are just the same track but hey drive it in the other direction?
We aren't talking about the price of the game. We're talking about the price of the updates and post-release content. Which was free. Why can't people seem to grasp that concept?

We aren't talking about the price of the game. We're talking about the price of the updates and post-release content. Which was free. Why can't people seem to grasp that concept?
Have fun playing said DLC if you don't spend money to own the game. Somewhere in the equation money is given in exchange for the game. It's all relative.

Have fun playing said DLC if you don't spend money to own the game. Somewhere in the equation money is given in exchange for the game.
Ok, that makes it somehow more relevant in what way? Updates are still free, no matter what way you try to spin it.

If that's the case, don't forget the price of the TV in order to see it, the console in order to play it, the electric bill in order to have either of those working and the house in order to have an electric bill. That's quite a price to pay for some DLC.

Ok, that makes it somehow more relevant in what way? Updates are still free, no matter what way you try to spin it.

If that's the case, don't forget the price of the TV in order to see it, the console in order to play it, the electric bill in order to have either of those working and the house in order to have an electric bill. That's quite a price to pay for some DLC.
Excellent answer!!

I wouldn't quite call them free.
He paid to have the game in the first place, just like you and I.
miss-the-point.png

Yea, actually having things you want costs money. You don't think about it actively but yes, you wouldn't even be able to play that DLC if you didn't earn the money to buy a TV and game console. Life is tough... :)

They are free, yes. But if, for some reason, I decide to buy the game today, I'll have to go through the pain of downloading the whole internet plus 9000 GB plus and add the time of installing the stuff. And if for some reason, I decide to get the game or re-install it 10 years from now, the servers will probably be down, so goodbye free content.

TL;DR: It is content that should have been in the disk from the beginning. Especially the off-line events.

Yea, actually having things you want costs money.
Cool. Never was confused about that though :lol:

You don't think about it actively but yes, you wouldn't even be able to play that DLC if you didn't earn the money to buy a TV and game console. Life is tough...
Yup, but good thing I only have to pay for those, and then I get these free updates in the long run. I guess that's the price of admission for free content.

He paid to have the game in the first place, just like you and I.
I didn't.
Ten. Eleven if you count the Outer Loop of Tokyo Expressway South, although the layout is different.
Yea, actually having things you want costs money. You don't think about it actively but yes, you wouldn't even be able to play that DLC if you didn't earn the money to buy a TV and game console.
An average child costs $500,000 to its parents. So really, if you think about it, each additional car in GT Sport cost your parents $5,000.

If we've quite done being dumb now?

I wouldn't quite call them free.
Did you buy the cars from PS Store or something?.

Your concept has a major flaw you forgot that we payed x amount of money for what was there day 1 regardless if we like it or not , DLC's are "extra" content charged 99% of the time. That being said i agree they should change the title to 32 layouts.

Last edited:
Then you must use a synonym for free then.

The content updates, have come at no extra cost on the base game. Hence, free.

I know that you are trying to be snarky about the view that the game had a lack of launch content...but....the added content still is free post-launch content.

I suppose you all consider your time to be free?

Even if I wanted to play this game for many many hours per week, I would have to spend many of those hours doing things that I don't really want to do (grinding) to obtain just one of these 20 million credit cars.

I really want to drive the F50! It'll be a few more sessions (once or twice per week, in which I play for an hour or so) before I get to blow my whole account on it.

I suppose you all consider your time to be free?

Even if I wanted to play this game for many many hours per week, I would have to spend many of those hours doing things that I don't really want to do (grinding) to obtain just one of these 20 million credit cars.

I really want to drive the F50! It'll be a few more sessions (once or twice per week, in which I play for an hour or so) before I get to blow my whole account on it.

When I'm doing something I enjoy, yes that time is free.

Would you rather pay more money and have the cars immediately? Because that is also an option if you really want. You could then save your in-game credits for the expensive cars that can't be bought with real $.

it's all rather subjective really. Some people are happy with the system, some people are not. You can't please everyone. In other news water is wet.

If that's the issue here, then why even play games in the first place.
Well I really like to drive virtual cars. So what I do, is I take the GTS disc out, pop in the Assetto Corsa disc, and make efficient use of the time that I do have to spend on this hobby.

This was all fine until the F50, which is thankfully obtainable.

Yes, my free time is free.
Keep doing what you're doing man, and don't look back.

When I'm doing something I enjoy, yes that time is free.

Would you rather pay more money and have the cars immediately? Because that is also an option if you really want. You could then save your in-game credits for the expensive cars that can't be bought with real $.

it's all rather subjective really. Some people are happy with the system, some people are not. You can't please everyone. In other news water is wet.
I almost dropped the big $2 on the F50, but just can't.

I get it, I spent uncountable thousands of hours in GT1, 2, 3 and 4. It was worth it then. Things change. My original comment stands - these new cars aren't free for me. I have no way to obtain them aside from paying, or getting lucky on the workout.

The new cars are free. You aren't required to make additional purchases to obtain them. Quit with the bs technicalities.

If the game was constructed in a way that it heavily favored microtransactions (*cough*GTA*cough*), you might've at least had a bit of a point with the "time isn't free" thing, but that isn't really the case here.

The $20M cars are probably the worst example of this anyway since there isn't any obtain them besides outside of playing the game. You can't buy your way into flexing on people in N300 with the Miura. You either get it or you don't.

Well I really like to drive virtual cars. So what I do, is I take the GTS disc out, pop in the Assetto Corsa disc, and make efficient use of the time that I do have to spend on this hobby.

Based on your logic of not wanting to play GTS (until the F50 came out) because you prefer AC, it means your GTS Disc would have unlikely been in your PS4 anyway to be popped out.

Free time is free. You are free to do with it what you want, play AC, play GTS, etc, it is free.

Latest Posts

Back