GT Sport By The Numbers: 8 Billion Miles, 51 Million Liveries

My 51.518.428km driven means I've contributed 0.004% of that. Glad to have made a difference, guys.
51,518km is 0.0004%.

Out of curiosity, what is your most used car? Mine is the Toyota TS050-Hybrid with c.10,850km of my 45,824km.

51,518km is 0.0004%.

Out of curiosity, what is your most used car? Mine is the Toyota TS050-Hybrid with c.10,850km of my 45,824km.
There's me trying to cheat and make myself seem just a bit more worthwhile.

Gr.3 Nissan GT-R. No idea the distance, and no idea how much I've used the manufacturer ones in FIA races.

Yamauchi should really not hypothesise without numbers. He is trying to equate 51M liveries with 51M days game time, but there is no way 99% of created liveries take a whole day to make.

I would like to know how many people use more than 5 or 10 scapes.

Last edited:
I would like to know the rolling daily totals of all of those. The experience of the player base is impacted by the current active users, Not the total.

Daily would be weird. Some people don't get to play during the weekdays and only one weekends. Weekly should be better, after all the races are weekly as well now.

Kudosprime has some of those stats with decent accuracy.

650,000 players on the game in a week
25,000 - 40,000 Sport Mode players every day
90,000 Sport Mode players every week

Daily would be weird. Some people don't get to play during the weekdays and only one weekends. Weekly should be better, after all the races are weekly as well now.

Kudosprime has some of those stats with decent accuracy.

650,000 players on the game in a week
25,000 - 40,000 Sport Mode players every day
90,000 Sport Mode players every week

You need to measure a daily average as a metric of user experience in an online game. If I log on today I would be racing against 25-40K players, not 90K players (if regions weren't segregated)

Which is why sport mode shoehorns the players into a selection of only three races at a time, to ensure that there's enough depth. Which tells a much different story than 7M players.

Now of course PD wouldn't highlight this at its own event, but perspective is important when it's being discussed.

Last edited:
I've been thinking today about creating a video about GT Sport achievements on my YT channel, just before I've seen this post.

51 million liveries... that's pretty amazing.

... you'd have thought they might improve the search function a little!
They'll need to collaborate with Google for that :lol:

Seriously though the current search feature is crap tbh. The feature needs major overhaul. Implement some AI or more competent search engine or something.

Polyphony should overhaul the campaign mode. Or release a mainseries title. Only 6-7% of all races are online, even though GT Sport is centered around it? Looks like there's a huge amount of interest not being met.

Polyphony should overhaul the campaign mode. Or release a mainseries title. Only 6-7% of all races are online, even though GT Sport is centered around it? Looks like there's a huge amount of interest not being met.

More people have raced in lobbies than daily races - which surprises me a little.

Only 358,000 have competed in the FIA out of 7 million players. The game expects casual players to know how the FIA races work - it could probably do with a basic introduction.

Edit: wrong number used!

Last edited:
There's is no real point to the FIA races for the majority of players, if you're nowhere near being good enough, why bother?

I do get what you mean, but on the other hand - at what stage does it become relevant to players? By the same logic, do daily races have any real point?

For me, it is the only championship series I can compete in, so it doesn't matter that I am way off the pace of those who are'seriously' competing for the finals. The FIA races tend to be the best matched events - so I have a chance of doing well. I usually don't - but at least I have a chance!

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me at all that the majority of people race in Single Player or Online Lobbies Events and not Sport Mode.
The racing is just much better in most Organized Lobbies vs Sport Mode. Rules in lobby races are often more strict so driving like people do in Sport Mode will ruin your race or get you kicked out fairly quickly.

This also once again proves that Sport Mode is not as popular like most people would have you believe. That the majority of GT players enjoy this game with little interest in touching the online competition sim racing side.
Hopefully PD is taking notes on their fanbase and will not make the next GT titles focus point all about Sport Mode but instead make it a very balanced game for everyone.

When every time you change the colour of your car it counts as a “new livery”, it’s easy to inflate that number

I painted 1 car over a year ago and my stats show 7 liveries. Not sure how that happened but yeah, the numbers are easily exaggerated.

Only 283,000 have competed in the FIA out of 7 million players.

Now imagine out of the 283,000 players that attempted a few races how many simply gave up. Incidentally if there was a trophy for participating in just a single FIA event I would not be ‘The 4 percent’.

EDIT: not sure where 283,000 came from. The story says 358,000. So that’s 5%.

Last edited:
Back