F1 2019 Gameplay Video Thread

Hm, the stream looks rather low-res for me, 4K footage would be much appreciated. Until thats available, its hard to judge for me, but it sure looks impressive so far. I think the lighting engine is incredible important these days, the racing game that got the lighting right are looking the best IMO...

While the lighting is certainly impressive, I’m more concerned with the physics engine. As someone that doesn’t have a wheel to play on, I find it very difficult to find controller friendly racing games. GT and Forza do a great job adapting to controllers, but the previous F1 installments were pretty terrible to drive IMO. They aren’t the only ones either. Project Cars, and AC were also extremely unfriendly to the controller as the cars (even FWD) would constantly whip the tail end around as if you were trying to drift in every turn. Makes it very difficult to branch out from GT Sport when that’s what you’re fighting every time.

While the lighting is certainly impressive, I’m more concerned with the physics engine. As someone that doesn’t have a wheel to play on, I find it very difficult to find controller friendly racing games. GT and Forza do a great job adapting to controllers, but the previous F1 installments were pretty terrible to drive IMO. They aren’t the only ones either. Project Cars, and AC were also extremely unfriendly to the controller as the cars (even FWD) would constantly whip the tail end around as if you were trying to drift in every turn. Makes it very difficult to branch out from GT Sport when that’s what you’re fighting every time.
The previous games were rather good with a controller for me. It took a little bit of tweaking but they were almost better than GTS.

Have you played 18? I've only played the demo and that felt very good to me. I think 19 will be just as good. At least for me.

The last 3 days on the news feed has only been about F1 2019, it was already getting monotonous days ago. When will someone step in and diversify the feed already? It's literally been days.

Love the series but with no fresh tracks this time, im gonna skip the new release (maybe grab a second hand copy at some point). The series is excellent ive got it each year but I really cant justify it for F2 and slightly improved reflections... The difference between 17 & 18 was negligible in gameplay terms. I love codies since the c64 era lol, but theyre a bit cynical offering 99% the same game each year with minor tweaks, undoubtedly its improved but in tiny increments... Why not just have a season pass each year instead? surely that would be good business, covering the licence fee and maintain the fan base too.

The last 3 days on the news feed has only been about F1 2019, it was already getting monotonous days ago. When will someone step in and diversify the feed already? It's literally been days.
If you can't find diversity of content on this site you are doing it wrong ;)

Its worth playing with settings decreasing the sensitivity helps alot theres youtube vids on it

Forza Motorsport will help shake things up a bit come Tuesday. ;)

On topic: F1 2019 looks to be a great entry for me to jump in at. It's been quite some time since I've played an F1 title and this one appears to be shaping up nicely. Loving the broadcast-style replay angles.

Love the series but with no fresh tracks this time, im gonna skip the new release (maybe grab a second hand copy at some point). The series is excellent ive got it each year but I really cant justify it for F2 and slightly improved reflections... The difference between 17 & 18 was negligible in gameplay terms. I love codies since the c64 era lol, but theyre a bit cynical offering 99% the same game each year with minor tweaks, undoubtedly its improved but in tiny increments... Why not just have a season pass each year instead? surely that would be good business, covering the licence fee and maintain the fan base too.
I skipped F12018, still playing 17. I couldn't justify the expense of upgrading and 18 seemed quite buggy. I'll definitely upgrade to 19 so long as it isn't real buggy and looks and runs well on the PS4 Pro.

They said they were developing this for two years or whatever. I'm expecting more than tiny improvements.

I get these every year since it's a great f1 game. F1 stuff in forza, pcars, or gt don't get anywhere close to it.

I've found both F1 2017 and 2018 excellent with a controller! 2018 especially has some really nice tweaks that make it a joy to play with a controller. I'm actually faster with my Xbox One controller than I am with my wheel

I have always followed F1, but I didn't realise the driver gets a "beep" to tell him when to brake. Is this real? If it is, then it's laughable. I was aware that they might get a "beep" to upshift at peek revs, but to tell the driver where the braking point is? At what point will drivers become redundant? And whilst on going further off topic, F1 should ban all these massive number crunching teams back in England and elsewhere working out the best strategy to get to the end of the race. Cut costs and make the guys on the pit wall work it out. That will mix it up.

I have always followed F1, but I didn't realise the driver gets a "beep" to tell him when to brake. Is this real? If it is, then it's laughable. I was aware that they might get a "beep" to upshift at peek revs, but to tell the driver where the braking point is? At what point will drivers become redundant?

Yes, every corner. (No.) Are you actually serious?
How can you be aware they "might" get a beep when to shift? They dont.

Jeeez! That Renault at Bahrain looks pretty close to real life. Certainly looks a lot better than F1 2018. Comparison here:

Sound sounds better too.

4K or not, this is looking exceptionally real.

The thing is, realism depends on so much more than resolution. It's much more about details. The quality of the lighting plays a huge part, but also many small things, such as vibrations of the driver's head, the wheels, and camera movement with on-board cam. This is something GT lacks in my opinion. Everything in GT looks 'damped'.

Yes, every corner. (No.) Are you actually serious?
How can you be aware they "might" get a beep when to shift? They dont.

Clearly the video shows this, at least at the end of straights. As the game seeks to reflect real life, I ask the question. You should be aware that F1 drivers do or have gotten beeps in their helmet for shifting. May I suggest you do some research.

Wow,Bahrain looks amazing - i didnt think they could push the graphics much more on this generation of console,but the lighting and car physics look much improved! Codies were always great at lighting in games..

Any news for this game on a ps4 std? . 4k videos looked awesome, but I don't know if I will get same video quality on my ps4 std

I’d say to expect visuals on par with F1 2018, it might look a little better though with the tweaked lighting and reflections.

I do think they probably maximised all they could with the visuals with F1 2018 so we’ll probably have to wait until next gen to see the visual upgrades that PC users will see this year.

Back