Could Forza Motorsport 8 Give Players Every Car from the Start?

I mean the progression is already pretty much non-existent, you can have the fastest cars within the first 15 minutes of starting the game, and players that have played previous games get a lot of cars and money automatically, constant stream of level up cars and money every few races makes it really hard to stick to one car and at some point cars become boring and disposable. Years ago you had to really work to get some exotic machines, but now it's just a number on the checklist.

I wonder how many people will get bored within the first months if everything was available from the start. I guess if they make online great it would make sense. But I am afraid it would kill the single player part. Forza's strongest part is collecting cars. You do certain amount of races, you grind for credits, you buy cars. You work for something and you get rewarded for it. That alone keeps me playing the game for days, months.
I had a lot of fun with Project Cars and still think it is a great game, but it also burned out pretty quick. Once I completed the career I played online for a bit then never touched the game again. On the other side I played FM 7 for at least a year regularly . I had a purpose to returne and grind for more credits so I could bought all the cars.
So please Turn 10 don't change that part. Be the greatest car collecting game on the market.
I would love if they went on the opposite side and make it harder to obtain cars. Getting rid of the wheelspins wouldn't hurt much, IMO.

Not a good idea in my opinion. They should go back to the old Gran Turimso model, give you a small amount of credits to buy your first car. They could do a rental system for online, allowing you to rent any car if you have enough credits. They've done that in the past for Forza. I can't remember if that is in Forza 7 because as a veteran Forza player I started the game with so many free cars and credits.
Games are almost too accessible these days.

Not a good idea in my opinion. They should go back to the old Gran Turimso model, give you a small amount of credits to buy your first car. They could do a rental system for online, allowing you to rent any car if you have enough credits. They've done that in the past for Forza. I can't remember if that is in Forza 7 because as a veteran Forza player I started the game with so many free cars and credits.
Games are almost too accessible these days.
I agree. To start up with every car is not a great idea. I prefer starting with low amount of credits and Begin with a slower car. And keep building your self up. Just like you did in gran turismo 4. You can still rent cars in Forza motorsport 7 so i don’t see en issue for players that wants to try every car in the game

Don't like the sound of this at all. I dislike this feature in other games, (Project Cars, etc) and notice I don't spend so much time with them as there is no sense of progression or rewards. I like doing the career mode to build up a garage to use cars in time trial etc, but when you have everything from the beginning it's a bit overwhelming and you feel like a kid with too many toys.

I would love a game that had a good progressions single player system.

A game where you start with only a small amount of credits, and then work you way up in a balanced meanigfull matter. You shouldent be able to buy the best cars after playing for 1-2 hours. On the other hand it shouldent take years of playing to get all the cars.

The best way to do it is.

1. For online, arcade, and quick race modes all cars are unlocked from the start.

2. For single player campaign you have to work your way up starting from the very buttom, and slowly progressing towards more and better cars.

Having every car available? Sure, I suppose although I would prefer some rarer/exotic cars behind the in-game series instead of the FE cars.

Having them available without the need to buy them? No. It becomes a big sandbox game and sandbox games do better on games like SimCity and what not where you can take a moment to experience everything the game has to offer (even then, some things are locked behind campaign achievements) and correct your mistakes with no cash limits.

If this is a route they want to explore, keep it under an Arcade suggestion like the Rental aspect of 7. But you can’t tune them, modify them, paint them, etc. Create purpose for the players, otherwise there’s no point in Forza’s typically time-investing “career” races.

Thats why i didnt like the first PCars too much. Yea it was amazing when it came out but it was all open from the jump. A part of me misses the old GT grind, Felt more like an rpg then a racing sim

I think what the Motorsports series needs is some sort of narrative and a progression system that fits such a narrative. I would love some sort of hybrid between Horizon and Motorsport. After all, racing events are supposed to be festive.

I think what the Motorsports series needs is some sort of narrative and a progression system that fits such a narrative. I would love some sort of hybrid between Horizon and Motorsport. After all, racing events are supposed to be festive.
I think they could borrow some ideas from Codemasters, having racing seasons, moving between teams, all the action in the pits and the starting grid, press conferences, stuff like that.

Why not have both option? A career in which you can only drive cars you buy for your garage. On the side, a Free-play mode that allows you to just jump into anything you like (minus upgrades and custom parts, as that's for your career cars). A win for everyone. I would just wish they'd return to the days when free-play didn't use rentals and you could select other manufacturer colors.

If I'm reading the article right, it doesn't say give everyone every car right from the start. I believe they're saying make every car available for purchase in-game right from the start. No more locked cars. That's a system I can get behind.

I think one of the first prize car in Forza 6 was the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. There is no sense of satisfaction in the latest games, and it's true for Forza Motorsport, Horizon and GTSport. No feeling of progression.
You can get a free Lotus F1 car in under an hour in FM6, and FM7 let’s you have either a McLaren F1 or a Brabham F1 Car as your first car

I think they should make it a leader board reward. Take a car and race on every track for a trophy or the car.
Going over this board you'd realize that people don't like playing the game in order to unlock vehicles that they can use in game.

If I'm reading the article right, it doesn't say give everyone every car right from the start. I believe they're saying make every car available for purchase in-game right from the start. No more locked cars. That's a system I can get behind.
Besides, some people don't like how PG handles its car list either (such as locking half of it through wheel spins, festival rewards, etc.) so I really don't get why some are making a fuss over this. There can still be progression in the game, but let people buy whatever car they want. Don't just lock it away like FM7 did back in 2017.

Kinda seems like its getting to a point where people are becoming too lazy to play a video game to the end. Good thing the fallout, elder scroll and diablo players are still around, more now then before. In Statistics

That would kill the essence of the game. There is an inexplicable pleasure that comes from slowly collecting, personalizing and using the cars that you really love. This will destroy what little is left of these kind of games.

Make the all available for purchase, yes; without blocking cars behind one-time events or nonsense like that. And for the love of god don't create all these nonsensical restrictions that FM7 brought in.

I prefer the FM3/FM4 system of pretty much starting at the bottom and working up. Now, make every car available to everyone? Absolutely, make them all free with no sense of progression? Hell no, if i want to spend 20 or 30 hours in my Nissan Micra from stock all the way to swapping a R34 engine into it with a fully raced specced open exhaust and a massive turbo...spending silly amounts of money on upgrades, then i'd absolutely love that!

There is a pure special kind of pleasure associated with progressing with cars you love, upgrading them, and taking them higher and tougher heights in racing and free-roaming

If they want to do this whole "Make it personal to you" thing with cars, we need to look into the upgrades process other than just performance mods. Harking back to the old days, it felt amazing to take a 206 or a Corsa B or a 180sx from stock...all the way to bat-poo insane race car. Same with how NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed let you go from stock cars to works converted cars with enough credits and times. That's what I personally love...racing against almost (key word here) any class, within reason, felt special. A 70hp corsa specced to 300hp taking on subbys, evos, surpas, mustangs, benz and audis, etc was pure joy and that's what i'd personally enjoy the most.

Let's keep a good solid car list in the 4-600 range, but let's combine the massive diversity in cars of later games in the franchise, with older forgotten "normal" cars of the past games. That's my two pennies. I disliked PC/PC2 purely for the sense it felt like a sandbox game and completely unrewarding.

I guess you're right. I panicked a little bit because I really don't want FM to follow the other sims formula where everything is available from the start for free.
Actually I don't mind cars being locked behind events or levels. However I don't like wheelspin exclusive cars.

It does. I thought that at first too til I saw it say “instead of purchasing”.
How would a Forza Motorsport game work if, instead of purchasing or unlocking a car through specific means, all cars were available from the start?

Good thing the fallout, elder scroll and diablo players are still around, more now then before.

*looks at signature*

aar39tdbt3dz.jpg

I wonder how much of that has to do with the community.

I think that plays into it, but also looking at other games, which is pretty typical in the racing game space nowadays.

I mean, I think the open sandbox nature does work, but it depends on the context. For AC, PCARS 2, and iRacing to an extent? Absolutely, because ultimately, the game is racing, and it does somewhat limit the effectiveness of a sim if you cannot use every car out of the box. In iRacing's case, the subscription buoys the game, and more often then not you're buying what you need, which for North American players, usually would be one NASCAR Cup car (until they bring out the current aero package) maybe one of the Nationwide cars, various NASCAR feeder vehicles, a Dallara Indycar (Again, until the current aero and performance package comes out) and whatever sports cars and prototypes you need.

Hell, I probably think GT Sport could get away with making all the Gr. vehicles at least available for use, for free, in Sport Mode, considering it is a bit silly that with how utterly ****ed the game's economy is, that some people can't keep up with the Joneses in terms of BOP meta, but that might make Sport mode races even more of a meta of bust game then it probably is now.

For Forza, especially considering this article is operating under the principle of making all cars available for purchase from booting up the game for the first time? That'd work well, and it would avoid the consistent complaints about vehicles being locked away via Wheelspins, at least within FH4, Of course, this won't eliminate the complaints about vehicles within Forzathons, but still, what can you do? You can't win completely with some features, and I think the benefits (or at least, the inherent benefits with such a live system, not how PG have implemented it within FH4) do work.

Latest Posts

Back