Wet Conditions for Spa-Francorchamps Revealed for GT Sport

Also rainy Bathurst and the Nordscheliefe!!
I can see Nordschleife happening but I don't feel overly confident about Bathurst though.

Even more importantly night time Sarthe.
I would love that but I don't see that happening unfortunately. The circuit needs a rebuild as the modelling is outdated, it is fundamentally the model from GT5/6 bar a few updates, and I feel PD won't put resources into the environmental and asset lighting only to scrap it for the required rebuild.

This!!!!!

Hope Spa has been delayed this long in order to release it to us with rain already included :) Still can't believe we are finally getting Spa!!! Can't wait..
I think that is the case. Finally getting Spa-Francorchamps will be amazing and I cannot wait to turn my first laps there in all weather conditions in my TS050 Hybrid.

Considering that it looked like Spa was mostly finished at the New York world tour back in August, barring a few details and dynamics; I assume they've had plenty of time to sort the model out by now and the wet weather variant seems to be added almost as a 'sorry' present for taking so long. Hopefully it will be coming this update to put the 'Spa-rtans' at ease :lol:

I would love that but I don't see that happening unfortunately. The circuit needs a rebuild as the modelling is outdated, it is fundamentally the model from GT5/6 bar a few updates, and I feel PD won't put resources into the environmental and asset lighting only to scrap it for the required rebuild.
I don't think that's the case. If you compare, the road's completely different and a lot smoother as it is now in real life, compared to GT6, and the barrier placement, scenery and kerbs are quite different compared to the previous iteration as well.

Last edited:
I'm guessing we'll get this in November's update, and new track in December's update that will be shown at the Monaco event.

I'm guessing we'll get this in November's update, and new track in December's update that will be shown at the Monaco event.

Do we necessarily know that there'll be a new track at Monaco? Where'd it indicate that?

Do we necessarily know that there'll be a new track at Monaco? Where'd it indicate that?

Nah only a guess, but it’s the last event to tease anything new, and GTplanet/Jordan did say at the August event they had heard PD was going to show a new-to-series circuit track before plans changed at the last minute to introduce Spa.

https://www.gtplanet.net/spa-francorchamps-gt-sport-soon/

“This both tallies with and contradicts some information we already had. There is an unknown track in the schedule for this weekend’s World Tour event, which is usually a solid indicator of a circuit that is waiting its grand debut. GTPlanet is on the ground at the event, and the rumors there were of a real world circuit coming to the game, but one that would be brand new to the series.”​

Well, isn't Spa supposed to be wet already? 💡

csm_XEC_1920x1025-09_SPA_dfe67c9e79.jpg

The wet roads at Spa need to be more reflective given it's heavy rain. I hope they don't rush it, it looks like they need more development time and polishing up, as it currently has weirdly placed random patches of reflective puddles while most of the track looks almost completely dry.

Should be more reflective like the bottom pic, and Tokyo Expressway rain shows it's possible to do.

gtsportsparain2ukhr.png

Did anyone notice that in the world tour event with the wet version of spa, all the cars wipers were synchronised. It’s not a game breaker but it’s quite annoying once you’ve seen it.

Back