Volvo Is Offering $2m of Cars as Super Bowl Safety Prizes

LMAO, I would take first generation S60 R anytime, but offered now seems not appeal.

878670827.jpg

As a owner of a 2004 S60R with 333000 miles on the clock I can honestly say I would rather keep that than drive one of these new soulless ones.

While the S60R is probably one of my top five cars of all time, the fact the angle gear and slave cylinder will eat themselves turns me off from owning one.

Still, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a new model. It's a bit criminal that the Polestar Engineered cars don't have an option for Swedish Racing Green, but I suppose the V60 looks just as good in black. Plus Heico can take care of all the other details (not like I'm going to win though).

Signed up for a V90 Cross Country worth about $71K.

Most likely not going to win it, but what the hey. Wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I built a $50,000 XC40, I didn't want to go too crazy because in the (very unlikely) event I win, there will be a tax bill needing to get paid.

I built a $50,000 XC40, I didn't want to go too crazy because in the (very unlikely) event I win, there will be a tax bill needing to get paid.
If this is like most contests involving new cars, the rules should have a provision where you can opt to take the cash equivalent of the vehicle instead. There's still some taxes involved but at least it comes out of your prize and not your pocket.

Yeah, nah. Onyx Black V90 Cross Country T6, with standard 19s for ride comfort and road noise, Amber (there's no red, but that's the reddest I could get) Nappa leather, lounge pack (heated rear seats... mmmm), HUD and 360 camera, HK audio (B&W is nice, but pushing it), dog guard, tow hitch, luggage net, adaptive suspension and Polestar pack.

upload_2021-2-3_0-35-20.png

$66k of goodness. I can't enter, but if anyone wants my spec to enter with, click here.

Cannot enter, but I have just bought an XC90 T8 R-Design in Onyx Black (Registered 1st December).
I can comprehensively say this is the best car I have owned, and I have had some good 'uns. I hope one of you lucky people have the opportunity to win one of these.

Back