Assetto Corsa Competizione (Console) Review: Niche But Nice

Great review and pretty much sums up how I feel about it after a few hours' play.

It's very odd that they don't really bother to explain what any of the tuning actually does, just a general overview. For those new to setting up cars it's a massive oversight.

But still, I'm eager to get behind the wheel again asap

Good review @Famine

I played it this morning for half an hour or so. I'd read about all the steering wheel issues so I disconnected my DS4 and started the game with the G29. Unbound the controls, told it what keys I wanted to use, and everything worked fine.
does the wheel feels light to you as well ? :) no matter how much ffb you put in ? :)

I would say that was more than generous.

Well known sim racers take on ACC:

David Perel, positive on ACC
Jardier, positive on ACC
Kie, positive on ACC
Jimmy B, positive on ACC
Z28Gaming, positive on ACC

DriveSpark moaning about ACC. Wait, DriveSpark Who? Have some pie boy!

F68EE30E-3001-47BA-AFE1-B7849D0C4E12.jpeg

Well known sim racers take on ACC:

David Perel, positive on ACC
Jardier, positive on ACC
Kie, positive on ACC
Jimmy B, positive on ACC
Z28Gaming, positive on ACC

DriveSpark moaning about ACC. Wait, DriveSpark Who? Have some pie boy!

View attachment 933976

Oh, got it, need to be a youtuber, until then I'm not allowed to have an opinion ?

Grow up a bit eh ?

Until then, stop trolling.

Can anyone answer me whether you have free choice on how you assign the buttons on a controller? Or is it set like the first game

think last game was like that but you couldn’t on a controller fully, will influence my decision whether to buy

Looks like you can't. You can map buttons for auxillary functions but for throttle you can have "normal" or "reversed" and steering left or right stick.

Oh, got it, need to be a youtuber, until then I'm not allowed to have an opinion ?

Grow up a bit eh ?

Until then, stop trolling.

Clearly you’re still waiting for a through ball from Messi... but why would Messi pass to you, a player sitting on the bench? ;p

And yes, seasoned well-known sim races have more validity than you do...

And yes, seasoned well-known sim races have more validity than you do...

Just because I don't sit in front of computer games on youtube does not stop me having an opinion or it being completely valid, despite what you think.

Seeing as you know everything, maybe you'd like to actually contribute sometung and answer my question over here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-arrives-june-23.392628/page-37#post-13149774

That is, assuming you're not just here to troll.

He is entitled to an opinion, what I saying is his opinion holds less weight that those that sim race for living.

Considering Jardier is one of the top sim guys on the planet and Perel is a real GT driver and ACC get a positive on their scales, makes no sense to entertain a guy who offers nothing but complaints.

I really would like to hear more about how it plays on a controller as that's my only realistic option.
For me the best games on a controller are GT Sport, F1 and Forza. Asetto Corsa and Project Cars might be playable but you can't get serious and the experience is more of a challenge than it is fun.

I really would like to hear more about how it plays on a controller as that's my only realistic option.
For me the best games on a controller are GT Sport, F1 and Forza. Asetto Corsa and Project Cars might be playable but you can't get serious and the experience is more of a challenge than it is fun.
It’s fine with a controller. Use default settings and keep steering assist on. Also stability control at 100% you will still get spins and can feel what the car is doing. It’s pretty good right out the box. Just remember to map a button to the Multi functional display (MFD).

He is entitled to an opinion, what I saying is his opinion holds less weight that those that sim race for living.

Considering Jardier is one of the top sim guys on the planet and Perel is a real GT driver and ACC get a positive on their scales, makes no sense to entertain a guy who offers nothing but complaints.
I always take those ''sim race for a living'' types reviews with a grain of salt. Remember, they receive free products to review and are often also sponsored by sim racing brands so it's often in their best interest to give favourable reviews.

There's many people on this forum that I trust far more to give an honest review than those youtube celebrity reviewers.

Jardier on PC did a 1:36.9 at Kyalami
Jardier on PS4 did a 1:36.4 at Kyalami

HE WENT FASTER ON PS4. This is not opinion, this is fact!

PS4 is a 1.3 build, PC is a 1.4 build, so might be due to physics updates, but this shows your FFB and 30 FPS gripes are non issues.

04BCBA1F-9703-4AC8-815E-20E7D165A5A9.jpeg

Attachments

• 8EB91F85-E252-43B4-981B-604EA6AF00E3.jpeg
    8EB91F85-E252-43B4-981B-604EA6AF00E3.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 22

You might be star struck by your youtube heroes, what they think has nothing to do with my own opinion or that of anyone else.

I'm not sure why you think my opinion "needs to hold weight" ?

In any case your posts are a massive over reaction to my original comment, which was in no way, shape or form a "complaint" and wasn't even directed at the game, but the review. Yet you took exception to it and were trolling for a reaction, all because I suggested the review was generous ? Somewhat over sensitive aren't we. Maybe you can explain why you're so bitter about any comment that isn't overwhelming positive ?

That's a very nice and fair review. Most people are going to have problems with the frame rate and input lag but I'm willing to put up with those to get chance to play the game. It's been my most anticipated game since it was announced as the GT World Challenge is my favorite series and the Spa 24 Hours is my favorite race of the year, right along with Bathurst and Kyalami. A gaming PC isn't an option for me right now so this is my only way to play.
The game feels really good. Its amazing how stable the cars feel until you overdrive or hit a giant curb like I've done a few times. I'm definitely enjoying what little time I've had with it so far, maybe 20 laps and I can't wait to get back on the track.

I really wish I could experience these amazing physics, but unfortunately I can’t get past the way the game feels on a controller.

Just spent another hour trying different settings and while it got better in never felt right.

I’ve come to the conclusion that it must be input lag.

I really wish I could experience these amazing physics, but unfortunately I can’t get past the way the game feels on a controller.

Just spent another hour trying different settings and while it got better in never felt right.

I’ve come to the conclusion that it must be input lag.
I think it feels great on controller so far. What settings are you using?

I had a bad start but am now starting to find the fun. Im not sure why people dont like the graphics. Its very natural and real looking. Nothing flashy but very solid. I can live with the 30 fps but the stuttering on the xbox x is a real bummer. If they can get that straightened out it would be more than serviceable until the new systems come out.

My take away is if your a racing/sim racing enthusiasts how could you not want this game for 40.00. Most people can waste that money on a crappy meal and not even blink an eye.

Back