Aston Martin Unveils the $90,000 AMR-C01 Racing Simulator

I don't know if they still do it, but Aston Martin used to have driving days for a couple thousand dollars at a UK facility in Millbrook (I think was it). I know in the last year, they did a driver's club tour around Europe, teaching people how to drive their cars and if you were good enough, you could pay to learn how to drive a GT4 car for around $10K all-out.

Seems like a better way to blow $90 grand on Aston Martin-branded fun, imo.

Let's be honest here - you lot, and I, are not the market for this, obviously.

This is for people that have the means to buy an Aston outright for cash, and where another 90K is merely an afterthought.

We all already know that we can do far better for way less money, So if Aston wants to sell a "designer" sim rig to it's existing customers then that's OK by me. The people buying this aren't sim racers, they're people who are buying into the Aston brand, and for whom this is a toy, and simply for their amusement when not driving the real thing.

LOL at the comments.

But seriously I wouldn't mind one if I was a multi-millionaire or billionaire.

LOL at the comments.

But seriously I wouldn't mind one if I was a multi-millionaire or billionaire.

Exactly. There are tens if not hundreds of thousand of millionaires in the world who have the change for this.

How many would actually buy it I don’t know but given it looks quite good why not have it, it could be in a room and not an eye sore unlike other rigs.

Most orders going to Russia, USA and UAE probably

They also do a drivable version.

9062_0.jpg

Let's be honest here - you lot, and I, are not the market for this, obviously.

This is for people that have the means to buy an Aston outright for cash, and where another 90K is merely an afterthought.

We all already know that we can do far better for way less money, So if Aston wants to sell a "designer" sim rig to it's existing customers then that's OK by me. The people buying this aren't sim racers, they're people who are buying into the Aston brand, and for whom this is a toy, and simply for their amusement when not driving the real thing.
Totally right!

But was it not Aston Martin who sold an Toyota Aygo with some AM luxury stuff here and there, named it Cygnet and sold it for ridiculous amount of money! Why not doing the same with this "racing" rig, without VR and 6-axis full motion. :) But people who spend 90k for this, do not care about such minor issues ;)

Back