Codemasters Has Recorded This Autozam AZ-1 for an Unknown Title

• Thread starter Filipe1020
  • 36 comments
Brazil
Brazil
Apparently Codemasters is working on a new game where they will focus on japanese cars in the near future, there is no information about which game this is for but I found this Facebook post from the company called J-Imports who has an Autozam AZ-1 in storage, I thought that was an interesting piece of information to share.

120187763_2985167704921100_1250242025032651629_o.jpg

I can't recall the AZ-1 being in any main stream games other than Sega GT and Gran Turismo. Where this car would fit in with Codemasters, they'd need more Kei cars.

Would be cool to see what they could do with classic and modern Kei cars.

Knowing Codemasters, this will probably have terminal understeer and have the ride stiffness of an F1 car. I don't think there's gonna be another GRID game so soon after the last (disastrous) one, but you never know.

I’d rather they work with Genki to bring back Shutokou Battle and Kaidou Battle

Genki tried to bring it back a few years ago as a mobile game and it tanked spectacularly. I don't think there's a viable market for these games anymore to make an AAA studio like Codemasters bother. Maybe as part of a bigger game, but not a focused Wangan only racer.

On the other hand, the Maximum Tune series of arcade games are going as strong as ever (mostly in Asian countries), but the physics is whack.

Of course, if you have a PC, you can just build your own Shuto Battle game with AC and mods. We have the whole C1+Wangan+Yokohama loop in the game, and recently Ikebukuro/Shibuya has been added too. Car choice is virtually unlimited.

Last edited:
Knowing Codemasters, this will probably have terminal understeer and have the ride stiffness of an F1 car. I don't think there's gonna be another GRID game so soon after the last (disastrous) one, but you never know.

Genki tried to bring it back a few years ago as a mobile game and it tanked spectacularly. I don't think there's a viable market for these games anymore to make an AAA studio like Codemasters bother. Maybe as part of a bigger game, but not a focused Wangan only racer.

On the other hand, the Maximum Tune series of arcade games are going as strong as ever (mostly in Asian countries), but the physics is whack.

Of course, if you have a PC, you can just build your own Shuto Battle game with AC and mods. We have the whole C1+Wangan+Yokohama loop in the game, and recently Ikebukuro/Shibuya has been added too. Car choice is virtually unlimited.

The mobile game failed because it was a mobile game. People wanted a modern console title with the fidelity and depth that comes with it, not some poor man’s Wangan Midnight arcade cabinet with gachapon elements.

The mobile game failed because it was a mobile game. People wanted a modern console title with the fidelity and depth that comes with it, not some poor man’s Wangan Midnight arcade cabinet with gachapon elements.
I think there was more working against it than that, but that is indeed the reason why it might as well have not existed as far as I'm concerned.

Back