PlayStation 5 Sells 4.5 Million Units in Its First Seven Weeks on Sale

What? Where? It is playing hide and seek

tenor.gif

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm happy to wait a year or two. It's not like either the PS5 or Series X have any new racing games anyway. Wait a couple years and the price will be drastically reduced.

Not just racing games, there is practically nothing you can't play elsewhere at all so far. Demon's Souls, Spider-Man and....?

I have to assume most people are buying them early because of BC to PS4.

Not just racing games, there is practically nothing you can't play elsewhere at all so far. Demon's Souls, Spider-Man and....?

I have to assume most people are buying them early because of BC to PS4.
Beyond having the latest tech I honestly don't know what the appeal of the next Gen Consoles are. The games look ok, but there doesn't seem to be a lot available. Seems like more people are playing PS4 games on them than anything.

I don't know that I'll ever get one, consoles don't seem that groundbreaking anymore. Just marginal improvements over the previous.

If you only think about PS5 games, yeah, I guess you could say there are not many good ones out yet. If you haven’t played that many PS4 games or want 60fps, then PS5 is awesome. It finally feels like I don’t need my PC anymore, as far as gaming is concerned anyway. I hope the devs always give us a 60fps option from now on.

Last edited:
Yeah - great news.

Sony is not able to provide everyone with a PS5 right now but go on and praise them :boggled:

For the players my sloth ass.

To be honest, I'm happy to wait a year or two. It's not like either the PS5 or Series X have any new racing games anyway. Wait a couple years and the price will be drastically reduced.
That"s absolutely right !!! There is still no games ( races ) to give me a reason to buy PS5 !

I don't know what to do, buy one or not. I haven't touched my racing setup for more than 5 months and I'm still not interested in going back to play racing games. But ..... and there is a but, GT7 is going to be like the traditional GT titles, such as GT4 and that is what I like. These nostalgic feelings are making me happy.

Have... you read the article at all?

Yap and thats why I would have chosen a different headline.
Its too positive for the mess that is currently going on.

I have friends who paid already for a PS5 and still wait for one ;)

I think if you're playing a lot a PS5 does make sense, regardless of whether you're actually playing PS5 games on it. I think many people fail to realize how much of our lifetimes is being wasted away staring at loading screens. The article about how GT Sport plays on PS5 points out a 36% time save compared to PS5. You'll be saving that time every single time you load up a race. That is huge.

Last edited:
I think if you're playing a lot a PS5 does make sense, regardless of whether you're actually playing PS5 games on it. I think many people fail to realize how much of our lifetimes is being wasted away staring at loading screens. The article about how GT Sport plays on PS5 points out a 36% time save compared to PS5. You'll be saving that time every single time you load up a race. That is huge.
It certainly cuts down on frustration that's for sure, and from what I've seen around the forums on this site many of us PS5 earlier adopters skipped the PS4 Pro so the performance gains, even for the PS4 titles, are huge for us. Many of my old PS4 games feel like new ones again so as a result I'm replaying them 👍

Yap and thats why I would have chosen a different headline.
It's a statement of fact. There's no positivity in there: it's what happened.

There's not exactly a lot of positivity in the piece either. Maybe the concept that Sony expects it to beat the PS4 in its first year - but then that was stated outright by the CFO, and reported factually.

I'm not sure how you'd come away from reading any of this as "praise" for Sony. It's literally reality.

Meh, don't care to own one so over GT series. Bought a ps4 just for GT sport knowing how bad the title all ready was. Moving on to PC sims, rather spend $$ on gaming PC.

Last edited:
Biggest thing is games are higher definition and run at 60.

It honestly makes a difference to your enjoyment. Its like back in the Sega mega drive days where games just feel better due to the 60fps

This, it’s made a massive difference for most of my games. My base Ps4 struggled to hit 30 fps on most of them, now my ps5 looks better and runs everything at a consistent 60. Backwards compatibility has been great.

What mess? It's a simple case of supply and demand. There's more demand for components than there is supply, this leads to there being more demand for the console than supply. It's not just Sony either. Microsoft and Nintendo are both going through it and have you looked at the new Nvidia cards? Good luck trying to get one of those before summer and even that's being optimistic.

Is it ideal? No, but it's how basic economics work. The demand for the consoles was always going to be high since people aren't doing things outside of the house as much right now. If Sony could've produced more before the launch date, it most certainly would have since its keen on making money.

Even the car industry is getting hit by this same microchip shortage. Manufacturers are shutting down production lines because of this.

Last edited:
All I want to know is when are they going to be restocked in stores available to buy. I want to buy one because of its far superior performance and advantages plus reviews have been very positive about them but I'm definitely not prepared to pay scalper prices.

All I want to know is when are they going to be restocked in stores available to buy. I want to buy one because of its far superior performance and advantages plus reviews have been very positive about them but I'm definitely not prepared to pay scalper prices.
If you're waiting for the PS5 to available to buy off the shelf you could be waiting a long, long time. In Australia all of the pre-orders for the next batch (whenever that is) are already completely sold out. There's a fair chance the same will happen to the batch after that too with the way things are going... and good on you for not buying from the lowlife scalpers!

Yeah - great news.

Sony is not able to provide everyone with a PS5 right now but go on and praise them :boggled:
No one is able to provide anyone with anything right now to meet demand, nevermind meaningless faff like game consoles. Multiple automakers have had to idle production of entire plants due to running out of computer components. DIY PC hardware has been basically nonexistent for 6 months now. Samsung warned yesterday that cell phones are going to be affected next. Sony deserves a bit of credit for being able to deliver as many as they have due to the contracts they signed before COVID started; because anything else with AMD chips basically might as well not exist.

You should get some more perspective.

They probably won’t be in stores until at least summer. And there was no way I was going to pay a cent to those parasites, that made me more determined to get one if anything.

So I made a twitter account and started following someone called Lbabinz who does stock updates for things like this in Canada.

I missed a few drops because of work but eventually I got lucky. I wouldn’t have one right now if it wasn’t for that twitter account. It was a total of $711.89 for the disc version, not exactly cheap at msrp either.

Last edited:
I think the early adopters have been punished heavily, you have a big white brick for at least 18 months (thanx to covid) with nothing "exclusively new gen" of note to play... the console price innevitably will drop and drive size will increase in time too... Ive a bad feeling the first batch of AAA new gen games slated for 2021 will be very late or released in a rushed state for next xmas cyberpunk style. Dont get me wrong though around year 3 it will be incredible...

Beyond having the latest tech I honestly don't know what the appeal of the next Gen Consoles are. The games look ok, but there doesn't seem to be a lot available. Seems like more people are playing PS4 games on them than anything.

I don't know that I'll ever get one, consoles don't seem that groundbreaking anymore. Just marginal improvements over the previous.

Nah, its a pretty good jump. Its just got nothing to prove that yet. Plus, large tech advancements are making smaller to the naked eye.

Remember the jump from VHS to DVD. That was insane. But DVD to bluray was more... Meh!

Back