Nissan's New GT-R Nismo Revealed, Launches October 2021

having owned a gtr for a year. I have to say it's the most overrated car on the market. For the price you have so many better options. The gtr had it's time. Even a mustang gt is more exciting. Can you imagine what you can get for 200k lol. A proper supercar with proper interior and good performance, not a nissan.

having owned a gtr for a year. I have to say it's the most overrated car on the market. For the price you have so many better options. The gtr had it's time. Even a mustang gt is more exciting. Can you imagine what you can get for 200k lol. A proper supercar with proper interior and good performance, not a nissan.
So... why did you buy one exactly?

Reminds me of that Top Gear news segment about the Evo IX... "What they did was cross over VIII, and write on IX."

Where's this?

Goodwood_NC_2020_VGT_4-800x480.jpg

R35 GT-R is a bit outdated at this point, but the car has its market: it is somewhat cheap for the performance it offers and the tuning possibilities seem to be near endless, making it a good choice for a build car

I, however, completely don't understand the reasoning to buy a Nismo GT-R: it barely has more power compared to the standard version, it is not exceptionally lighter either (for what pretty much is a road-spec track car of sorts). Sure, it has aero and it might handle a bit sharper, but that alone doesn't justify the price that is nearly twice as much as the standard model. Considering how many aftermarket tuning options there are for GT-Rs, you could probably build up a stock GT-R to similar specs and save up a whole bunch of money

The only reason I see to buy a Nismo is for investment/collecting purposes, and even then there are better alternatives probably. I'm surprised they even sell enough for Nissan to bother to make an updated version

R31, R32, R33, and R34 happened within 15 years. R35 is fast approaching 15 years of being current. Meh.
Granted the R31-R34 span was during the time when Nissan had a burning need to be dominant in Japanese motorsports and two strong rivals in the form of Honda and Toyota leaning very hard on them. Nowadays the GT-R's existence seems purely a "because we can" sort of thing, and Nissan probably doesn't see any urgency to drastically change something that's still making them money.

The new 400Z or Nissan Z is a much more interesting and better looking car than this "not-so-interesting-and-not-so-good looking-car". I wonder how the Nissan Z Nismo is going to look like.

Last edited:
Save money and find one of the early Spec-V editions with those wonderful special wheels and stripped out rear seats. 90% of the performance and probably a little bit more special.

Last edited:
Reminds me of that Top Gear news segment about the Evo IX... "What they did was cross over VIII, and write on IX."

Where's this?

Goodwood_NC_2020_VGT_4-800x480.jpg
Well, the GT-R50 is pretty close.

VXR
Save money and find one of the early Spec-V editions with those wonderful special wheels and stripped out rear seats. 90% of the performance and probably a little bit more special.
The only problem is that the Spec-V was not sold where I live and it'll be a few years before they're fair game for importing.

Also, the color reminds me of the color of my mom's Subaru Crosstrek (I think the Subaru color is called Cool Gray; still a cool color though).

I will just leave this here because Rory sum's it best...

Plus that new colour is awful, why could they not make it the 400Z yellowy tinge!

Honestly making the same car for 13 years sounds a lot less weird when you remember how long the RX-7/Supra/NSX stuck around for, but considering that those cars were all obsolete by the time they left, I would say that this is definitely pushing it.

Looks exactly the same and they're seriously touting this as a new design??
Don't see them claiming it to be a new design, only a new model year.

This design is 15-20 years old at this point. I'll give Nissan some props for somehow managing to keep this car from aging so poorly for something that's spent a decade on the market.

Back