3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing lots of new moderators, need to watch what I'm saying in the future :scared:
:lol:
We'll go easy on 3D3 drivers ;)

For today's EU practice slot, I'll be posting the room number at 11:55 AM PST / 2:55 PM EST / 7:55 GMT.

The instructions for joining Public Lobbies are posted here.

As with yesterday's NA practice, I encourage all available drivers to attempt to join the lobby regardless of whether or not you will be driving so that we can see if there are any issues with the public lobby system.
It's alll in the name of Science :) 👍

I'll probably make it next week, Genk plays Champions League tomorrow :D

I was incommunicado yesterday because I was on a "information gathering expedition". I was looking at my future and got to meet a real race team as they showed there metal. I'll definitely be on line for some practice today so I’ll be popping in later.

EU practice lobby is open.
Room # 1472-6399-8408-2432-4723

Yesterday, I invited all drop in drivers to check out GTPlanet, and 3d3, so a couple may join the practice room today

2 drivers even signed up to the site today 👍

Could you sign me up for EU race tomorrow please. Got to move my PS3 and pinch the daughters tele to set up in the kitchen to get on tomorrow. Gutted I missed last week and had a really poor race at spa so hopefully 3rd time lucky.

Sure. Nice podium yesterday, Paul. 👍

NA Drivers Grid
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dom
  2. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe
  3. us.gif
    GTP_EDK ..........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Kevin
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Marc
  5. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Tim
  6. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas
  7. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright ..
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lefty
  8. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Blair
  9. us.gif
    GTP_RaceRyder ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Dale
  10. ca.gif
    GTP_Allibubba99 ..
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Al
  11. us.gif
    DragonGT83 .......
    badge_division_0.png

EU Drivers Grid
  1. fi.gif
    GTP_MadMax86 .....
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Pekka
  2. nl.gif
    GTP_w-g-e ........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Wes
  3. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Marc
  5. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Tim
  6. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas
  7. uk.gif
    GTP_Owen .........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Owen
  8. nl.gif
    GTP_Don ..........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Don
  9. uk.gif
    GTP_hasslemoff ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Paul
  10. us.gif
    DragonGT83 .......
    badge_division_0.png

3D3 Racing is looking for a couple volunteers to help out as race marshals for our upcoming special event: GTP Inter-League SuperGT GT500 Challenge taking place on December 3, 2011.

Speedy has volunteered to stream the event as an observer and serve as a marshal for Semi-Final Lobby B. Wardez is going to do the same for Semi-Final Lobby A.

We could use one additional marshal for each semi-final lobby. The duties would primarily include taking a car on track during quali and observing one of two track sections to observe and "encourage" drivers to stay clean in areas where the runoff can be very beneficial to lap times (e.g. Eau Rouge). Once qualifying is complete and just before the race countdown timer is started the marshal will leave the course, but stay in the lobby during the race to observe. This will also prevent any of the public from entering the room during the race (we're going to set the driver limit to 14 in the lobby which is for 12 drivers + 2 marshals).

The volunteers would need to be available from 18:00 GMT to 19:30 GMT on December 3rd for the pre-race, qualification and the semi-final rounds. The final will follow after a short break, but we have the final covered as far as marshals. If you would like to be considered as a backup marshal for the final round and potentially get to observe that round from the lobby as well let us know.

Anyone not in the lobby will be able to observe the races live from one of the following live feeds:

My understanding is wardez is also going to be including play-by-play and/or color commentary on his feed. 👍

Send me a PM if you are available and interested.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

3D3 Racing is looking for a couple volunteers to help out as race marshals for our upcoming special event: GTP Inter-League SuperGT GT500 Challenge taking place on December 3, 2011.

Speedy has volunteered to stream the event as an observer and serve as a marshal for Semi-Final Lobby B. Wardez is going to do the same for Semi-Final Lobby A.

We could use one additional marshal for each semi-final lobby. The duties would primarily include taking a car on track during quali and observing one of two track sections to observe and "encourage" drivers to stay clean in areas where the runoff can be very beneficial to lap times (e.g. Eau Rouge). Once qualifying is complete and just before the race countdown timer is started the marshal will leave the course, but stay in the lobby during the race to observe. This will also prevent any of the public from entering the room during the race (we're going to set the driver limit to 14 in the lobby which is for 12 drivers + 2 marshals).

The volunteers would need to be available from 18:00 GMT to 19:30 GMT on December 3rd for the pre-race, qualification and the semi-final rounds. The final will follow after a short break, but we have the final covered as far as marshals. If you would like to be considered as a backup marshal for the final round and potentially get to observe that round from the lobby as well let us know.

Anyone not in the lobby will be able to observe the races live from one of the following live feeds:

My understanding is wardez is also going to be including play-by-play and/or color commentary on his feed. 👍

Thanks in advance,

Tim
Being a reserve I'm not sure on technicalities, but assuming I can make the date/time, and I'm not racing, I could do this.

Of course, if someone can confirm with certainty they're available and won't be racing, that would work easier.

So I guess maybe you can put me as a reserve marshal? (just in-case maybe type) :lol:

WRP001

http://www.twitch.tv/wardezgo
http://www.twitch.tv/speedy6543

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Got an idea, how about afiliating with ORB? They can watch over the race and give reports at the end about penalties etc...

Being a reserve I'm not sure on technicalities, but assuming I can make the date/time, and I'm not racing, I could do this.

Of course, if someone can confirm with certainty they're available and won't be racing, that would work easier.

So I guess maybe you can put me as a reserve marshal? (just in-case maybe type) :lol:

I'll put you down as a reserve marshal for sure. When do you think your team will finalize the lineup?

Got an idea, how about afiliating with ORB? They can watch over the race and give reports at the end about penalties etc...

Thanks for the suggestion kk, but we'll handle this one internally with 3D3/WRS drivers that we already know and trust.

WRP001
Thanks for the suggestion kk, but we'll handle this one internally with 3D3/WRS drivers that we already know and trust.

Cool

Also, I cant find the information about tomorrows race anywhere on the thread...could you PM me the info please...

Cool

Also, I cant find the information about tomorrows race anywhere on the thread...could you PM me the info please...

I'll repeat this for others.

Finding the most current event

There are two easy ways:
  1. You can always find the link for the current race in the signatures of the 3D3 founders (Hydro, Gravitron and myself).
  2. The OP of this thread serves as a table of contents. The current event is always near the top of that post with a direct link to the event post.

Taking part in our weekly events if you are not on the registry

As it states in the OP, you need a referral from a registered driver to join our events. KK -- this serves as your official referral so you are welcome. When you confirm your interest I'll add your name to the driver registry at the bottom of the OP and thus moving forward you can take part in any of our events that do not require membership in the registry.

3D3 events hosted in the future may be limited to the GTP_Registry and not allow referrals so we encourage you to run the qualifier and join the GTP_Registry.

I'll put you down as a reserve marshal for sure. When do you think your team will finalize the lineup?

I believe it's finalized now, with me being a reserve driver.
Basically, if someone is having connection issues and can't race, or doesn't show from WSGTC, then I'll be racing.
At least that's my take on the situation.

I just have to wait till Friday (this week) and I'll know if I can make the date for 100% or not. I'll be sure to keep you guys informed when I find out though. 👍

3D3 events hosted in the future may be limited to the GTP_Registry and not allow referrals so we encourage you to run the qualifier and join the GTP_Registry.
Is the registry re-opened?

Is the registry re-opened?

Not yet, we're just reminding everyone (we've had some recent requests due to public lobbies) so that when it does re-open all drivers will be up to speed 👍

Hope so, looking to become "official" 👍

You can certainly create your GTP_ Id Dragon.
You'll need to in order to run the qualifier when it does re-open anyway, as that must be submitted with your GTP_ id, and the replay must be from your GTP_ id as well.

We're all hoping it opens soon. Part of 3D3's original mission was to recruit great new drivers like Dragon and KK. They would both be great additions to the registry.

We're all hoping it opens soon. Part of 3D3's original mission was to recruit great new drivers like Dragon and KK. They would both be great additions to the registry.

They most certainly will be 👍

Pencil me in for a definite maybe tomorrow (EU).

Stress at work this week has left me with a bit of time in lieu, and I hopefully won't be terribly late thereby anyway with some transport planning.

I'd hate to miss a GT300 run 👍

They most certainly will be 👍
You guys look like 🤬 twins, man! :lol:
Seriously have to read the name each time, I thought that was a triple post! :D

But yes, hopefully it will be open again soon enough.👍
A good idea for those interested to make and start up the GTP accounts though, so they can submit immediately.

:lol: I just thought the same thing - can you at least have a different accent colour like Le Mans teams use?

audi_motorsport_110421_0062_3.jpg

audi-r18-tdi-630.jpg

:lol: I just thought the same thing - can you at least have a different accent colour like Le Mans teams use?

I had my avatar first so I'm thinking Marc needs to change his -- at least a little. Those Canadians are always so quick to follow U.S. ideas... see how they've taken to Ice Hockey. :lol:

Not too late to join the EU grid?

GTP_Masicampo | EDK Goes to Laguna | EU Grid

Absolutely not too late. Consider yourself registered and it will be great to have you join us. 👍 However, I should warn you we've decided to up the ante a little bit and offer the following dual seat cockpit to the winner of our series:

!CD-YslwCGk~$(KGrHqIOKkIE0Weu9OriBNQYz2HltQ~~_35.JPG

hahaha I don't see where i can mount my steering wheel! Unless i have to buy it separate? :sly:

Not too late to join the EU grid?

GTP_Masicampo | EDK Goes to Laguna | EU Grid
The one time lately I can't make the EU time? :lol:
About time somebody came over.👍

I had my avatar first so I'm thinking Marc needs to change his -- at least a little. Those Canadians are always so quick to follow U.S. ideas... see how they've taken to Ice Hockey. :lol:

Absolutely not too late. Consider yourself registered and it will be great to have you join us. 👍 However, I should warn you we've decided to up the ante a little bit and offer the following dual seat cockpit to the winner of our series:

!CD-YslwCGk~$(KGrHqIOKkIE0Weu9OriBNQYz2HltQ~~_35.JPG
That's a nice seat, just need a gearshift mount, perhaps a small bowl bungee'd on the side?

NA time slot is a bit early for me. That's nom-nom time in the west coast. :D

By the way, to WRP, maybe update the OP every event? Had to do a bit of browsing to find the current event infos. Maybe it would attract more participants if it's immediately in the first page.

NA time slot is a bit early for me. That's nom-nom time in the west coast. :D

By the way, to WRP, maybe update the OP every event? Had to do a bit of browsing to find the current event infos. Maybe it would attract more participants if it's immediately in the first page.

Yes, you're the second person today with that issue.

I guess it's not obvious that the OP contains a link to the current event post -- if you click the title of the current event at the top it directs you right to the event details -- so a little redesign to make that clear and/or copy some of the event info into the OP every week is in order.

Thanks.

The first thing that caught my eyes was post 2 - mountaineering online - which i realised wasn't current. I totally missed the link on the very first post so i went straight to the last page - the picture attracted me on Post 2, so it's really my fault. But yeah, maybe a small picture on Post 1 as a focal point?

No offence, i think this is very well organized. OP is easy to read - which i ignored completely (Post 1). Just thought i'd share some input. :D

Masi_23
The first thing that caught my eyes was post 2 - mountaineering online - which i realised wasn't current. I totally missed the link on the very first post so i went straight to the last page - the picture attracted me on Post 2, so it's really my fault. But yeah, maybe a small picture on Post 1 as a focal point?

No offence, i think this is very well organized. OP is easy to read - which i ignored completely (Post 1). Just thought i'd share some input. :D

No offense taken. The OPs in your threads are epic so your advice is welcome. We will do a little redesign to clean it up. I wish we had reserved a couple additional posts at the top of the thread. :dunce:

Oh! Make sure that both myself and Marc (GTP_Hydro) are on your PSN friends list by race time as these events are run in our private lounge. Marc's lounge first and mine as a backup/alternate. Join us for pre race practice too in one of our lounges. We typically get started an hour before race time and will post on this thread when the lounge is ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back