4 videos of Gran Turism 6 SERIOUS BUG!!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by the_kingb_, Dec 6, 2013.

1. the_kingb_

the_kingb_

There is a Serious issue with racing tyres .. even sports soft tyres ...
    THese videos are with racing hard tyres ...

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

Video 4:

MOON GRAVITY ????

Tacobell18 likes this.
  2. GT CHAMP

GT CHAMP

How is that even possible. :confused: :scared:

3. LeadFootLiam

LeadFootLiam

This would happen in real life, thats why you never see cars run over the big curbs at Nurburgring in real life.

In other words, clean up your lines.

4. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

Racing tyres on street cars, and trying to corner over bumps with very little downforce. It sounds more like user error

5. GeeBaby

GeeBaby

He didn't hit any bumps on willow springs and the tires were dirty from going off road and the car still flipped

6. andrewhake

andrewhake

SERIOUSLY BAD DRIVING!!

Streeto likes this.
  7. georgetigra

georgetigra

its like forza 3 problem!

8. aelxino

aelxino

my friend drive on Abarth 500 Tropheo and he had two times roll over with car, it's so simple

9. Streeto

Streeto

I don't know what else you expect hitting the curb so fast like that... you're too used to GT5 physics where it's impossible to flip, and frankly unrealistic.

GT6 is more realistic in this case.

10. anonite

anonite

Did anyone experience this in the Academy Demo? I know I didn't :confused: Now I'm scared.

11. jabofu

jabofu

False. At this part of the track, a BMW E92 M3 should not flip over. The car is too heavy and to planted on the track. The speed at the section where it lost ground contact is also way too slow for such forces to work.

Here is an example:

GT6 has a serious problem there...

chron, PLRacer and the_kingb_ like this.
  12. chron

chron

Jabofu is correct. At those speeds in the video the car is perfectly planted. Even if the driver were to hit the curb it'll lose transaction... but flipping is absurd.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    the_kingb_ likes this.
  13. LeadFootLiam

LeadFootLiam

Is that M3 in real life using racing slicks? On stock suspension? Thats why the car is flipping in the game, the tire are too grippy.

14. the_kingb_

the_kingb_

Even if you use racing suspension, same thing happens... I'm not criticizing as much as pointing this out so it be fixed... and trust me I thought of these arguments you stated before uploading these videos.
    There is something wrong here with the physics

chron likes this.
  15. jamesst99

jamesst99

No, its because the physics is fake.

chron likes this.
  16. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

= Lunar rover moon-physics, for any additional questions feel free to contact me.

chron likes this.
  17. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

Cars roll over in real life. So do dogs. They must have fake physics as well

18. chron

chron

To those in this thread that doubt the validity of the OP's claim... I drove the Nurburgring in an E92 M3 this past Labor Day. I watched people in Aston Martins, Ferraris, Porsche GT3s, GT-R's etc. blow past me at triple digit speeds on some of those corners. They didn't flip, crash themselves or cause anyone else to. The physics needs to be fixed. Jabofu and the_kingb_ are still right in their assumption about the engine not working correctly. So since this is a game and NOT real life, I asked someone on the forum who actually drives race cars in real life for a living to chime in. Hopefully he'll reply with his feedback on Monday when his copy of GT6 arrives.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    the_kingb_ likes this.
  19. Wild Cobra Z28

Wild Cobra Z28

I only watched the first two videos, but yes... Like the two said in post #3 and #4, that seems more realistic and not a bug to me.

One thing that disappointed me about GT5 and earlier 1s that the cars stay upright when they shouldn't.

I am only at day 23 now, but I had a race or two that I really had to change my driving behavior with. You do need to be more precise in your driving. Though it will take me a little getting used to, I like it!

syntex123 likes this.
  20. Zenmervolt

Zenmervolt

Nowhere in that example are cars even riding up the berms, much less going entirely off the track or sliding sideways like they are in the OP's videos. In the OP's M3 video, the car is completely off the track when it starts the flip.

I'm not saying that GT6 is perfect here, but your "example" doesn't prove anything. The Fiat 500 examples are much more similar to the conditions in the OP's videos.

phil_75 and sk8er913 like this.
  21. CarBastard

CarBastard

Me likey what you're trying to do. If it's not much trouble, could you please suggest him to make a thread with his professional opinion on GT6s physics?

22. oink83

oink83 Premium

The 3rd example, I've actually seen a video at Willow Springs where nearly that exact same thing happens, in a shelby.

If you slide sideways at that speed (example 3 still here), on full slicks, they will stick to the road and you will roll. That's fairly simple.

phil_75 likes this.
  23. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

Seems pretty realistic to me. I'm not sure what people are expecting when hitting a steep curb at very high speed, with little to no downforce and especially with sideways momentum in play? Of course you're going to flip the car. As someone above said, this is more driver error than physics error.

That Willow Springs example; I was in an accident very similar to that as a child. My mother was driving down a rural-ish road when a drink driver in a Rolls Royce pulled out right in front of us at a junction. My mother swerved, barely missing the drunk, at a time where we were travelling at 65-70mph. The sides of the roads were very similar to that of the Willow Springs tracks; sand, dirt and a little uneven.

My mum's car dipped two wheels into the turf which caused the vehicle to start going sideways. As she swerved back on to the tarmac, the tires regained their grip and the car performed a tripple rollover into some trees. We were lucky enough to have the car wedge itself, mid-air, inbetween two thick trees rather than colliding with them.

OP, you should check out some Youtube street crash videos, plenty of cars rolling over at lesser speeds and with lesser grip tires.

phil_75 likes this.
  24. Rod Carvalho

Rod Carvalho

Mayturismo, ildd and sk8er913 like this.
  25. sk8er913

sk8er913

Awesome! :D

Actually in physics #3 you shouldve rolled more.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  26. MrGrado

MrGrado

GT6 has 13yo boys with no talent using DS3 controller, RL has professional driver with incentive to keep himself and his equipment in good condition. Other than that, no difference.

You could roll a car in GT5 anyways.

27. Nikked

Nikked

How is this a tire issue? Tires aren't suction cups...

28. BlauPunk9000

BlauPunk9000

I was going to make an almost identical reply.

I'm actually excited about the physics far. That actually looks about right from my experience.

Since the Bmws aren't race prepped with roll cages, I'd think they probably don't have racing slicks. Given that, if the outside suspension is loaded and a bump pushes the inside wheels off the ground, the outer two tires would not have enough grip to hold and the car would simply slide side ways. Either way, they are not hitting the curbs much, let alone on a hard angle.

On slicks, you can put much more load On the outside tires, much more lateral force on the chassis. By hitting the curb outright, you create a vertical impulse on the inside which is already unloaded and "light". If the suspension is also tightened up, it can't absorb the shock of the curb. If the suspension is too loose, body roll allows the car weight to begin tipping prematurely. If the slicks are grippy enough to hold the lateral force, they become a pivot point and rolling begins.

I like physics. Hope I explained what I'm thinking well. :-)

My personal opinion aside, it is pretty well known from driver interviews that the curbs are to be avoided on the nurb. ;-)

29. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

He kinda did, and he even spun out. That's why the car flipped, when the tires regained traction.

phil_75 likes this.
  30. beezball

beezball

Looks normal to me. I kinda wanna to go recreate this now.

phil_75 likes this.