4 videos of Gran Turism 6 SERIOUS BUG!!

• Thread starter the_kingb_
  • 43 comments
The 3rd example, I've actually seen a video at Willow Springs where nearly that exact same thing happens, in a shelby.

The Cobra that flipped on Willow Springs lost control on the front straightaway, in the braking zone just before the 1st turn. A suspension piece broke or a part of the steering. These aren't my assumptions, they are from the driver. Minute 6:09. Rest In Pieces lil' Cobra...:(

You have to learn which curbs you get hit and which ones should be left alone. I haven't been to the Ring in real life. But i hear the curbs there are mountains.

TP3
The Cobra that flipped on Willow Springs lost control on the front straightaway, in the braking zone just before the 1st turn. A suspension piece broke or a part of the steering. These aren't my assumptions, they are from the driver. Minute 6:09. Rest In Pieces lil' Cobra...:(

Yeh but the car didn't flip because of the suspension breaking. The suspension broke, the car started going sideways across the tarmac at very high speeds, the tyres gripped the surface, thus, the car flipped. Exactly the same situation as in the OPs video at willow springs, only instead of the cause of the car going sideways at high speeds being due to suspension failure, it was due to his bad driving.

Edit: Imagine going fast in a straight line on Ice-Skates. Then jump 90 degrees sideways. That's gunna hurt. That is a more extreme example, but the underlying physics are exactly the same here, the tread in tyres are designed to grip laterally.

Or take another example, if you're riding a mountain bike very fast, and you do a skid sideways. Unless you angle yourself down towards the ground to counteract the forces, the bike is gunna throw you off. In a car, you can't "lean" towards the ground to counteract the forces, so again, we see the car flip. This isn't rocket science, if you can't see that this is a realistic reaction to the circumstance in the OP's video, then you don't have a solid grasp on the physics at work.

This isn't rocket science, if you can't see that this is a realistic reaction to the circumstance in the OP's video, then you don't have a solid grasp on the physics at work.

Actually it is rocket science. :D (Physics)

Based on these videos and my knowledge of general physics and (since I'm only just starting to drive now) slot car racing, these rollovers kinda make sense to me, especially if you're on racing tires. High grip means the car is more likely to tip than slide, and from past knowledge, haven't the tire models (in GT5, anyways) been a bit over-grippy…? It would stand to reason… Especially if you're on stock suspension. Hitting a bump would set your car off balance, and if you're putting a strong sideways force into the car after it's become unstable (like a slide), it would make sense to tip and roll...

TP3

What game is that? The AI are terriblly slow in it.

"Cars can drive around Nurburgring in real life without tipping over." Well of course, in real life you probably don't have slick tyres on a road car, and its more than likely you wouldn't drive the car into a curb at full lock 150kph +

Even if your suspension somehow remained intact and the wheels remained on your car, it is likely you will get up onto two wheels, and if you don't counter steer or you actually turn into the direction you are leaning then obviously you are going to roll the car.

Almost every racing sim I've tried has this same "issue". LFS, iRacing and rFactor. The videos in the OP are user error IMO, you have to remember with every racing sim no matter how good the physics engine is, the simulation ends when you are no longer in control of the car (ie, crashing, spinning or rolling the car).

The physics start to look bad when you look at what happens after the roll or in bigger rolls, the car becomes floaty. The videos in the first post here is actually quiet realistic.

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

I love pointless internet fights.

A curb is a little ramp. Hit it, and you get airborne. Hit it harder and you'll get more airborne. I've tuned away the tendency to roll from the taller cars.

But it sounds like what's being ask for is a driver aid to assist with roll prevention.

The videos of cars in gt6 have a higher centre of gravity, as with the Fiat. Hence the risk goes up compared to a low slung exotic. The Cobra was a combo of speed, uneven shoulder after leaving the tarmac, and gravel for the car to dig in to, therefore flipping. I welcome the change as Forza has had that effect since FM2. Having said that, when you do cut the apex and live to tell about it, it makes for a great replay!

Anything wrong in those videos is driver doing 100km/h+ all over curbs and grass ,spining on a track :D next time you post videos it would be good if you post with info on , so we can see what going on with lateral G's, speed... this helps to see whole picture . Not that physics is not without some issues , but try driving like this in real life and I don't think you'll live long enough to post a reply here.

Yeh but the car didn't flip because of the suspension breaking. The suspension broke, the car started going sideways across the tarmac at very high speeds, the tyres gripped the surface, thus, the car flipped.

The Cobra doesn't flip over till it hits the dirt off the track. Had the tarmac stretched for eons, the cobra would keep sliding until it came to a smoky, gradual, "Thank God, now I only have to fix a broken suspension/steering component" stop. As long as a sliding car does not hit an object (like a curb) or some other object which abruptly halts the momentum akin to a pole vault motion it is relatively safe. An SUV or any other vehicle with a high center of gravity is a separate issue. Pre-roof flap Nascar cars are a separate issue.

Doesn't start rolling till they hit the dirt. Slid the whole way there.

Doesn't start rolling till they hit the dirt. Slid the whole way there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wu7_QDwbWg

Back