440 CHARGER's GT5 Gallery - NICE ASTON MARTIN WITH BLINGS

GTNic84
Nic84
Howdy folks! My name is Nic, aka 440 CHARGER, and I have been a die-hard GT Photomode'r since the release of GT4. This is my gallery, and you are going to want to stay tuned! I'll do my best to amaze you if possible, and I'll do my best to have frequent updates if time permits. So enjoy!

To start this off, I wanted to upload my first image. Take it, it's not quite what you would expect, but I wanted to document my entire journey through this amazing game we call GT5. It's been a long journey to this point, but it's only begun. While I don't have the game in hand just yet, I will in just a few hours, and here is proof!

amazonshipped.jpg

I hope you enjoy my gallery as much as I will. And as I said, stay tuned, it's going to get crazy in here!

UPDATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/01/2010 - LEXUS LFA @ AUTUMN RING, TOKYO, & AHRWEILER

12/02/2010 - NISSAN FAIRLADY Z33 @ MADRID

12/02/2010 - REWORK OF NISSAN FAIRLADY Z33 @ MADRID

12/07/2010 - 70' DODGE CHALLENGER @ TRIAL MOUNTAIN

12/10/2010 - SHELBY COBRA CHROME-LINE EDITION @ GRAND VALLEY

2/26/2011 - DODGE VIPER SRT-10 COUPE @ SSR-11

8/1/2011 - CITROEN GT ROAD CAR @ INDY

8/1/2011 - MITSUBISHI EVO @ THE NURBURGRING

1/28/2012 - LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR, DODGE VIPER GTS, & MINI COOPER CLUBMAN @ SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE X

2/16/2012 - ASTON MARTIN @ SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE X

Last edited:
It's fantastic to see you back, Nic!

Remember the old days in which I kept stalking you? :lol:

I'm very curious to see what sort of images you'll come up with, or all members in general. Since the new graphics I guess we don't have to spend 3-4 hours cleaning cars up, although I've seen some stuff on the models that could use a little brush work.

I cannot wait to see this gallery kick off! :cheers:

You've had the game for two whole days and no update!?!?!?!?!?! lol. I'm joking of course, but seriously, I can not wait to see what you can do with GT5.

Impatiently waiting for new pics lol, jk. For everyone new here, this is easily one of the top 5 galleries to be watching. Can't wait!

I'm waiting too! It will be interesting to see how you work with the GT5 photo mode options.

i'm waiting to get the game in my hands too. the disc reader on my ps3 is dead, so i'm buying it from the playstation store instead. great to see everyone here again though!

Mr. 440 Charger! :)

Another one i followed in GT4, when i used to be here more often. You had amazing shots back then, together with the Franz and some others.
I've seen the pick in lemon green in 2.0 already and i know now, this gallery will rock!

Following!!!:)👍

Thanks to everyone for stopping by! Sorry I have not uploaded any photos yet. GT5 has come at somewhat of an inconvenient time since I have school work that needs finishing up here in the next 2 weeks. Then after that I am going to go nuts with photomode, don't worry!

However, I have taken a few shots and I might get some uploaded soon. I have been in search for a good location where chrome wheels show up with nice reflections. I have found a few places and I have taken some satisfactory shots thus far. It's just a matter of getting them ready to be posted.

But there is an update coming soon! Thanks for everyone's interest in my photomode works!

Nic

Freaking sweet. Love the colour and your famous bling wheels 👍
I am wondering how much editing you have put into.

Freaking sweet. Love the colour and your famous bling wheels 👍
I am wondering how much editing you have put into.

Thank you Sir! I tried the HDR effect on it. I didn't really like it until I flattened it and soft-light-layered the HDR version on top of the original and did a level adjustment on the original, and it really made the colors pop. I think I may have discovered a new way of making my colors pop! I did clean up a couple rough textures here and there and smoothed out a couple poly jaggies, but I think in total about 15-20 minutes.

I just uploaded another btw. I have more to come also, just gota download them off my slim.

Loving the fact the shiny rims are still a feature of your work :D Great two updates, must admit the LFA looks quite smart in that colour. The only thing I can think of to say in terms of C&C is that the last LFA shot has a buildin sticking out of the roof that makes it look like it's got a roof-vent, but I guess that could be 'shopped out. But nice work! I'll be sure to check back here 👍

I really like how even though GT5's photomode doesn't really need any work put to it, there's still that old-school Nic touch to it. Looks really nice! I especially love that first Z shot. The colors seem to be spot-on in there 👍

Really nice pics, just wondering where you got the green paint. Its really nice and would look good on some of my projects :)

Pretty sure I saw that middle lexus shot on a billboard, its that good! The lady is just fantastic as well, the reflections are just crazy in the first shot! But man that second LFA shot is just insane. What tunnel is it at?

Now we're talking Nic! That's GT4 days all over again. It reminds me a lot of the CTR2 you did at Seattle way back then 👍

Oh, and you never wrote me back on that color guide you were working on on that Prius shot of mine :P

Now we're talking Nic! That's GT4 days all over again. It reminds me a lot of the CTR2 you did at Seattle way back then 👍

Oh, and you never wrote me back on that color guide you were working on on that Prius shot of mine :P

HA! I can't believe you actually remember that! To be honest, that is exactly what I thought once everything was put together. It really does resemble it, all it needs is a flame shooting out the back.

And about the Prius, I never did get it to pop. But I recommend you do a google search for "Photoshop HDR effect" and see if you can find a tutorial for it. I found one that was ok, but I still had to do some post-processing after it before I got what I liked. But just a suggestion.

Last edited:
HA! I can't believe you actually remember that! To be honest, that is exactly what I though once everything was put together. It really does resemble it, all it needs is a flame shooting out the back.

And about the Prius, I never did get it to pop. But I recommend you do a google search for "Photoshop HDR effect" and see if you can find a tutorial for it. I found one that was ok, but I still had to do some post-processing after it before I got what I liked. But just a suggestion.

Could I ask what kind of tools there are available in GT5's photomode? Like, mostly the same as in GT4 or do you get more options for filters, levels and such thing in the menu?

Personally I feel kind of sad the MKIII Supra is a premium and not the MKIV. I assume the Supra looks as bad as it did in GT4?

*hint hint :D

Great to see these shots again Nic! :) I love especially the first Z shot. Good times are officially back!

*Subcribes thread*

Could I ask what kind of tools there are available in GT5's photomode? Like, mostly the same as in GT4 or do you get more options for filters, levels and such thing in the menu?

Personally I feel kind of sad the MKIII Supra is a premium and not the MKIV. I assume the Supra looks as bad as it did in GT4?

*hint hint :D

The photomode is mostly the same when it comes to exposure, but there are 7 or 8 different kind of filters. The ones I like best are Cool and Warm, and sometimes Cross-Processing looks good. There is also Sepia and BW of course, but I find myself leaning towards Cool or Warm or none. The others just make the picture look crazy and I'm just not into those.

The biggest improvement though is the ability to change the type of panning you would like. There are 3 modes, one which is like the GT4 panning style where if you are close, only the focal point will be clear and the rest of the car will be blurry. Then the other 2 seem to be the same and they make the entire background blurred but the car stays nice an crisp. (THANK YOU PD!!!) This is what you are seeing the most of I think.

Also, while it may be tricky to figure out, you can also walk around the car and get whatever camera angle you desire instead of going through the 50+ camera angles that GT4 would generate. Now you can get that perfect angle and distance. Big plus!

Then the usual F-Stop and Aperture settings are present just like they were in GT4. Then you can change the focal point just like GT4 as well.

I think that's about it. There isn't any type of level or color sliders, just the exposure and filters. And I don't know about anyone else, but I am having trouble with getting the exposure to actually work sometimes. I'm not sure why it doesn't sometimes, but it's frustrating. Perhaps this might get fixed in an updated, or maybe I don't know of the reasoning behind this.

Oh, and about the Supra, I don't really know how good the MK-IV looks. But the MK-III looks mighty nice. I was thinking of buying one, so maybe that will be my next car I snap a few photos of.

The exposure doesn't work in some cases. I even played with AE lock with success, but the final photo's exposure is not the same as preview screen, and I was like WTF!

Your updated Z33 is so much better. At least I like the background being more clean and bright to get the car standout. Enlarged rim is a huge improvement too :lol:

The exposure doesn't work in some cases. I even played with AE lock with success, but the final photo's exposure is not the same as preview screen, and I was like WTF!

Your updated Z33 is so much better. At least I like the background being more clean and bright to get the car standout. Enlarged rim is a huge improvement too :lol:

Yeah, it's really frustrating with the exposure. I think maybe there is a certain process that you have to follow and if you alter from it, it no longer works. Because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And I have never gotten the AE lock to make any difference either. Maybe once you turn the AE lock on you can't change any of the settings until you exit out of the photomode and re-enter. Just a thought. But it is annoying when it doesn't work!

And yeah, I looked back at the Z and realized it really didn't look very good. It is amazing what enlarging the wheels does!

Vintage 440! :D I think if you lay this next to one of your GT4 shots, you almost can't see it's another game. ;)

Back