440 CHARGER's GT5 Gallery - NICE ASTON MARTIN WITH BLINGS

Thank you Sir! I tried the HDR effect on it. I didn't really like it until I flattened it and soft-light-layered the HDR version on top of the original and did a level adjustment on the original, and it really made the colors pop. I think I may have discovered a new way of making my colors pop! I did clean up a couple rough textures here and there and smoothed out a couple poly jaggies, but I think in total about 15-20 minutes.

I just uploaded another btw. I have more to come also, just gota download them off my slim.

Very nice man, wowsers!

What you mean with HDR effect, in PS? Is this a new feature? man 2/3 years really did set me back... :)

Got to give it to you, the colors do pop massively. They bring this sexy beast to a real live almost...

Very nice man, wowsers!

What you mean with HDR effect, in PS? Is this a new feature? man 2/3 years really did set me back... :)

Got to give it to you, the colors do pop massively. They bring this sexy beast to a real live almost...

Thanks! HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, and basically it's a process for adding a lot more contrast and color through a series of steps and you really don't lose much detail from the original photo. A lot of times if you just adjust just the levels in an image you usually make your dark areas darker and your light areas brighter, and you usually lose information and details in these areas. It gives the image more contrast and makes the colors brighter and vibrant, but you lose detail. With HDR you are able to keep most of this detail and also add brighter, richer colors along with more contrast.

It's done through Image>Adjustments>Shadows/Highlights and then a series of different layers and blending modes. It really works well. I suggest doing a Google search for "Photoshop HDR Effect" or something similar and find a tutorial that you can follow. There are lots of them out there.

Mmmm, I was waiting for this :D

It could be me, but it seems the EV levels don't work on tracks with variable time/weather. Well, going positive anyways; negative seems to work on everything. That's been my experience so far.

Loving Kermit as Lexus supercar, the tunnel shot in particular looks like it was made for ads or desktop wallpapers with all of that clean black space. The Z really does look phenomenally better with the enlarged rims. What I love so much though is you've got that HDR effect without sacrificing the realism of the shots. I tried a similar faux-HDR approach with the white F40, and while I posted the shots, I'm still not happy with the lack of realism. Truly an awesome job, 440 👍

Plum Crazy is the only correct colour choice for Challengers, new or old. This is fact.

:D 👍

Crazy lighting + crazy angle + crazy colours + crazy exhaust tips = One crazy good shot!

Wow, that's insane! I love it, throwing the rulebook out of the window works wonders sometimes!

Thanks! HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, and basically it's a process for adding a lot more contrast and color through a series of steps and you really don't lose much detail from the original photo. A lot of times if you just adjust just the levels in an image you usually make your dark areas darker and your light areas brighter, and you usually lose information and details in these areas. It gives the image more contrast and makes the colors brighter and vibrant, but you lose detail. With HDR you are able to keep most of this detail and also add brighter, richer colors along with more contrast.

It's done through Image>Adjustments>Shadows/Highlights and then a series of different layers and blending modes. It really works well. I suggest doing a Google search for "Photoshop HDR Effect" or something similar and find a tutorial that you can follow. There are lots of them out there.

Thanx alot for this good info! Keep it up! 👍

Always was a fan of you outrageous images and clean editing, so it is great to see you have GT5.

That green really makes the Lexus pop, my favourite would be the one you entered in the 2.0 competition though, but they are all good really. Good to see they still have some bling wheels. :D

The Z is perfect 440 style.

Love the Challenger, crazy as Slip said. I'm happy there are some old muscle premiums. 👍

You had some of the best GT4 photos, so I am really looking forward to your new work. So far so good, have fun!

Wow thats really cool with hot colouring and the reflection. Nice angle too. 👍

Been quite a while since your last update, with work like this I hope you can post mores soon.

Nicely done! Deceptive, at first it just looks like a very cool photo, but then you notice the reflection and spray and realise the amount of work that must have gone into it - big 👍

Great job :)

Very nice distortion on the reflection and I can see how much effort you have done. Great to see your good old orange tone back. Awesome!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It really wasn't too much work to be honest. It took me a while to perfect the method, but once it's figured out, it's easy. The distortion in the reflection is just a filter that uses the texture from the original photo. Doesn't get much easier than that.

I hope to do some more updates soon. I have a lot of good shots, I just struggle to find time to pump them out. But I do have a nice set of 370-Z shots that I'm itchin' to post on here.

That's a brilliant effect you've carried out there! It has a very angry mood about it which suits the car perfectly. I'd be worried if I were driving that car on what looks like a very wet road inside a tunnel though! :lol:

Back