450PP French Championship

I won all the races with ease using the Berlinna sp? I purchesed all the upgrades except the weight reduction, and used the engine limiter to get me below spec. The first race was beat by 25 seconds. I am going to see how much below the PP I can get to rake in the cash!!!!!! I also tried it using the comfort tires the car comes with, and it was a whole lot more fun with the rear end of the car hanging out at 140 mph heading into the turns. The A110 car seems to be the pain in the neck rabbit this go round.

What can I do to avoid slippery-ness with the cars? Is there a setting to change to reduce this or is it just because we're using Sports Hard? Thanks again.

Sports hard makes it slick, you could always turn on the computer assists to help with that.

Done it earlier today with the Hommel Berlinette. As some others have said, the car is a bit slippy but I actually found that useful. With some of the corners, I could just throw my car into them, swing it around and come out the other side with no problem. You just got to keep the car centered using the analogue stick and making sure the car doesn't swing too far in one direction.

The only real trouble I had was with the Tokyo track. That Alpine car gets a big advantage starting out in front.

Polly Pocket
A real handful indeed. So, I've got a slighty tuned Hommel (exhaust level 1, race air filter, sports suspensions) and it's as slippery as a soap in a prison shower. While making it fun to drive, this proves to be a challenge to finish those race in first position (3rd is usually quite easy and I just won Suzuka with the Hommel).
Anybody has some tips/settings recs to make it more efficient?

PS : despite being slippery as hell, it is still a bit quicker than the A110.

I'm no tuning guru, but I just lowered it all the way, camber 1.5 f&b, stuck a wing on the back & lowered the middle LSD to low 20's. No aids used...400pp got me the win at Deep Forest with a 9sec lead. Not had time to do the others yet so not in a position to give advice. Good luck.

A real handful indeed. So, I've got a slighty tuned Hommel (exhaust level 1, race air filter, sports suspensions) and it's as slippery as a soap in a prison shower. While making it fun to drive, this proves to be a challenge to finish those race in first position (3rd is usually quite easy and I just won Suzuka with the Hommel).
Anybody has some tips/settings recs to make it more efficient?

PS : despite being slippery as hell, it is still a bit quicker than the A110.

I just re-ran deep forest with the Hommel against the Renault A10 and won easily but it took several attempts and tweaks before it handled a little less like "soap in a prisoners shower" lol. My set-up was;

BHP 189 Weight 923kg pp 415

Ride Height 0 0
Spring Rate 5.0 6.0
Damp (Ex) 4 4
Damp (Co) 4 4
Anti Roll 3 3
Camber 2.0 1.4
Toe -0.25 0.05

LSD
Initial 5
Accel 15
Brake 13

Brake balance 2 1

Ballast 30kg
Balast pos -50 (to give 47:53)

Gearbox
1st 2.774
2nd 1.986
3rd 1.504
4th 1.189
5th 0.982
6th 0.847
Final 5.500
Max Speed 130

Parts List:
Chassis weight reduction 1
Engine tune stage 1
Sports catalytic converter
Racing Exhaust
Custom Transmission
Twin Clutch
Semi racing flywheel
Custom LSD
Custom Suspension

Edit: No aids used except ABS=1

Last edited:
I used the 206 Turbo 86. Was doing ok, then realised l had comfort tyres on!! Swapped them and it was easy

I also used this car, but it wasn't terribly easy!
No aids except ABS.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

I used this tune for my Hommel - credit to Red Valley Racing for the tune.
No driving aids except ABS = 1. At first I thought it was a little slippery too, but once I got use to driving it, it was fun. Sometimes drifting like around corners. On Tokyo watch your wheel spin around the long carousel corners it will naturally scrub your speed. Thought about turning TCS on, but what fun would that be...lol

LSD
Initial Torque - 14
Acceleration - 20
Braking - 18

Suspension
Ride Height -20/-15
Spring Rate: 10.6/13.4
Dampers Ext: 6/7
Dampers Comp: 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 7/5
Camber Angle: 2.5/2.2
Toe Angle: -0.30/0.35

Brake Balance
7/4

ncrthree
Try TC or as last resort SRF. Best to work on your driving though. Slow in fast out-that sort of thing. Good luck.

Thanks mate. Will have a few attempts tonight.

Used a 03 Lutecia V6 at 360pp and managed to beat Deep Forest with a 8 seconds lead. Unfortunately, I only had a 130% login bonus, so the payout wasn't exactly great. :indiff:

8077650218_fd92c99128_b.jpg

Payout

8077651002_79cd2c034a_b.jpg

The car. I used a modified tune from Praiano found here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5239673#post5239673

I used this tune for my Hommel - credit to Red Valley Racing for the tune.
No driving aids except ABS = 1. At first I thought it was a little slippery too, but once I got use to driving it, it was fun. Sometimes drifting like around corners. On Tokyo watch your wheel spin around the long carousel corners it will naturally scrub your speed. Thought about turning TCS on, but what fun would that be...lol

LSD
Initial Torque - 14
Acceleration - 20
Braking - 18

Suspension
Ride Height -20/-15
Spring Rate: 10.6/13.4
Dampers Ext: 6/7
Dampers Comp: 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 7/5
Camber Angle: 2.5/2.2
Toe Angle: -0.30/0.35

Brake Balance
7/4

I also used this tune. Made a little adjustments to it to suit my driving style. The only hard challenge was the last one on the kart track witch the alpine in front, but made it with 3 seconds to spare.

Should I topgear it and use an avantime? Not, just kidding, would the 206 rally car fare well in this event?

Should I topgear it and use an avantime?

That's what I've done as I have a very fun tune on a old one that I've had since near the release of the game. With full ballast added, you can make the 2 tonne vehicle 'crab' along while still maintaining high cornering speeds. I'll copy-paste the set up if anyone's interested.

I had a crack with the Hommell then switched to the Alpine A110 1600S. Much easier to drive as its not as tail happy as the Hommell.

Used the Megan Renault Sport 08 for the first three races and won easily. Tokyo is proving a bit more difficult.

Used the hommel for all but tokyo was a pain with 110 always starting in the front. Closest i came was 6 seconds so i switched to the luncia to win it easy.

That's what I've done as I have a very fun tune on a old one that I've had since near the release of the game. With full ballast added, you can make the 2 tonne vehicle 'crab' along while still maintaining high cornering speeds. I'll copy-paste the set up if anyone's interested.

Sure i would like it actually!!!👍

Hommell Berlinette will do perfect in this series.
That's what I figured, but I agree with LordZycon that the Alpine is hard to catch. Doesn't help that my steering wheel I bought when GT3 came it is crapping out. Still, I have to have a nearly perfect run to catch that car. Only made 2nd twice now

I've only tried it twice now. Been busy buying the new online car selections for 3 profiles.

Presley22... If your day one started where mine did, the Hommel is also available days 7, 115, 124, 327, 408, 470, and 661. I'm up to day 796. The last time I saw it online was the 1/16/12 update. I didn't buy my PS3 till December though. Otherwise I would be through the entire used car list by now. My day 1 cars were:

Top:

Toyota MR2 Spyder ’99
Nissan SILVIA Q’s AERO (S14) ’93
Mini Mini One ’02
Jaguar XKR Coupe ’99
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) ’96
Hyundai Tuscani ’01

Last edited:
GolimLongshanks
What's a Luncia?

I was away from the ps3 and couldnt exactly remeber the name of it so it was the Lutecia Renault Sport V6.

I got the Hommel to behave itself by adding customised suspension (Add camber) & a LSD. Set your acceleration sensitivity quite a bit lower. The arse still wants to come out, but it's nicely controllable. (Possible drift car? :lol:) You can also add a bit of ballast & move it to the front of the car.

I have been a ford mechanic for 17 years in 3 countries and have both worked on and driven many cars over those years. I have to say Peugeot's are one of the cars I hate most and never drive on gt5 for that reason. And now this stupid kart track with a Peugeot that's just crap on crap. And I never complain about this game as I love it!

Peugeot Turbo 16 '85 with torque split set to 50/50 and no aids except ABS. This wins all races with PP to spare at most.

Respectfully,
Steve

I used the 206 Turbo 86. Was doing ok, then realised l had comfort tyres on!! Swapped them and it was easy

Me too I did on the deep forest with comfort tyre but ooops didnt win over 1st so I did all of it and it is peugeot 205 16 i think with hard tyre and so not so bad......the tokyo R246 it is difficult to win because of stupid alpine a1100 grrrr so finally I win r246 on my hard tyre and peugeot 205.

Martyn

This has turned out to be a great sessional, won all races in the hommell, now having fun with some 80's French classics..Renault 5 Turbo '80, Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85..inc the rally variants of both, fantastic fun.

Back