450PP Historic European Super Lap: Matterhorn Rotenboden

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 113 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
450PP Historic European Super Lap: Matterhorn Rotenboden

TT#47 - 450PP Historic European Super Lap @ Matterhorn Rotenboden.jpg
TT#47 - 450PP Historic European Super Lap @ Matterhorn Rotenboden - ER Cars List.jpg

^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#47] - 450PP Historic European Super Lap @ Matterhorn Rotenboden.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 by ImToLegitToQuit

Alpine A110 1600S '73 by eran0004

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 by Doodle / MODS by shoenboggie

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 by shaunm80

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 by Denezin

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Arghhhh. These might be my two least favorite tracks in the whole game. Not running too great on the TT lottery the past couple months, lol.

Oh wells, at least the ending to the 550pp event was exciting with L-Shooter doing yet another one of those last minute unranked-to-first-place swoop-ins at the very end of the registration period. That dude is pretty sick, lol.

The dino 246 is the troll car for this, Will post tune if anyone wants or needs. Was afraid of this event before hand because MR drivetrain is not my strong suit and i murdered the time with a few traction losses.

The dino 246 is the troll car for this, Will post tune if anyone wants or needs. Was afraid of this event before hand because MR drivetrain is not my strong suit and i murdered the time with a few traction losses.
I'll take that tune please. Fun car but can't get the suspension where I want it.

What a nice combo! I love driving Rotenboden and in my three years of doing Online Seasonals (GT5 & 6), i don't think that a classic like the Dino has ever been the one to go to before. Watch out; here comes Danny Wilde...

Used a Dino 246 at 440 PP and took it easy learning the car and track and ta da! Gold in 1 lap. Then pushing for more sliding off the track and red lapping. Don't really like this track.

Used a Dino 246 at 440 PP and took it easy learning the car and track and ta da! Gold in 1 lap. Then pushing for more sliding off the track and red lapping. Don't really like this track.

Yea, I can't stand the narrow tracks.

I love the ones that are nice and wide, and without sharp dropoffs at the edges, but just like GP-style checkered borders with grass or rough-pavement lining it, so you can still complete a nice lap even if you get 1 outer tire off a little bit, but still keep the overall car in-bounds so it's not red-lap.

The narrower the track, the less fun it seems to me, since there's less room to mess around with your line of approach and exit and all that stuff. It makes it feel too much like a 1980's video game where it's like binary, left, right, left, straight, left, right, etc.

I guess the one good thing is it's caused me to realize how idiotic it was of me to skip last months' TT's, due to not liking the track/car-combo's that much. In retrospect, I'd be THRILLED for that to be this month's TT, by comparison, lol.

I guess at least this one is somewhat nice since the cars are really cool, and at least the background landscape scenery is aesthetically pretty and stuff. But that willow one... ughhhhh... I feel like actual dread/anxiety from even looking at that TT, let alone actually driving in it. That thing is just pure evil, hahaha.

Well, I guess it can only get better from here though. I've browsed all the tracks in the game, and, I think the only TT-lottery outcome that would make me unhappier would be if they did like a pair of two Dirt Track tracks for the two TT's for next month. If that happened, I'd probably throw my PS3 out the window.

I guess I'll spend this month just trying to memorize a larger and larger amount of non-narrow tracks, so that way no matter which non-narrow track(s) get picked next time, I'll have it memorized, and not have any reason to feel "aww shucks" about it if it isn't one of the tracks that I am personally most familiar/in love with. Hell, I might even try to re-memorize the Nordschleife. I remember way back in GT5 I actually manged to memorize every single curve of that entire monstrosity (I still sucked at it and I don't think I finished in the top 250, or if I did, it wasn't by much), but, I'm guessing it's twists and turns must still be buried deep in my hippocampus somewhere, to where if I did give it a go, maybe I'd be able to re-learn it refresher-style a lot faster than how long it took me the first time around.

Alright, I think I'm done whining about stuff, for now, lol. :guilty: :embarrassed:

1:58 and change with the Stratos tuned to 436PP and CM front/CS rear tire arrangement. Also have custom wing which really seems to calm this car's handling. Fun spin around the track with moderate sliding through the corners.

This one's done. I took three sessions around Matterhorn Rotenboden with two different cars. Actually... more like four runs. The first run was in my 1972 Renault Alpine A110 1600S. I quickly changed out of it as I feared this car would snap on me on a course like this. This car was initially set for that GT Arena time trial from a previous Seasonal. My first completed run was a casual drive in my upgraded 1973 Lancia Stratos. As I saw the World Rankings, the Top 10 had Ferrari Dino 246 GT's. So being the "monkey see, monkey do" type, I dusted off my Dino 246 GT and upgraded it. It drove quite well around this course. My first serious run in the Dino was a 2:01.839. Then in some surreal sense, I was in the zone and laid down a Gold lap of 1:59.014 in the Dino 246 GT. Gold time is 2:01.000. I was more than pleased to not only clear this with a time lower than 2:01.000, but pull a time south of 120 seconds.

I like Matterhorn Rotenboden. I sometimes use this as a test track, so I was rather pleased to see this course as the focus of one of the latest Time Trial courses. My only advice would be to not cut the first hairpin too deep to where you graze the inside guardrail, and also make sure to keep the car stable on the roads leading up to the second Intermediate. It can be too easy to have your car go flying off the road with either an ill-prepared car or with poor driving skill. Stay on point for the whole course. Also remember you're racing older cars, so they aren't going to be as peppy and athletic as modern machines. This is otherwise a good Time Trial to take part in.

I thought this Event would be more anoying to me. Dont know the track at all. dont like old car with rear-drive in general because they feel to "aggresiv" to me an so on.
So i gave it a try anyway and soon found out that this is a beautyfull track to drive with such a car on.
I first tryed out my STRATOS 15th Anniversary tuned and set up a little. And it was allready fun. then i took the Dino (Cause everyone does) and gave it a try.
in the end it came down to a low 1.56. But thats not the end i guess.

next bunch of rounds i did with Stratos again. this oune nominally schould be faster. More power less weight than the Dino.
Unfortunatly i messed and threw away a 1.55 in the middle section with the Stratos but i think the Stratos has more potential then the Dino if someone is managing a clean Round with it. (I not the one for "clean" rounds :D )

Why does anyone in the Top 100 drive the Dino ? is it more popular or even better and i dont understand "why" the Dino is better ?

Arghhhh. These might be my two least favorite tracks in the whole game. Not running too great on the TT lottery the past couple months, lol.

Oh wells, at least the ending to the 550pp event was exciting with L-Shooter doing yet another one of those last minute unranked-to-first-place swoop-ins at the very end of the registration period. That dude is pretty sick, lol.
To me that thing L-shooter does is chicken, he doesn't do a lap in the last second he does it a night before and when he gets infront he stays sign out till there's 2 minutes left then signs in so no 1 can get the chance to beat it

Why does anyone in the Top 100 drive the Dino ? is it more popular or even better and i dont understand "why" the Dino is better ?

The Dino is much faster overall. I tried the Stratos in the very beginning and had a lot of trouble completing a lap, but I got a 1:51 with it after a few laps, then I switched to the Dino and improved by 1-2 seconds on the very first lap.

ok , i for sure didnt think that they could all be wrong using the Dino. :rolleyes:

I just trying to understand the difference. Weight balancing ? driveability ? Sony likes Ferrari more than Lancia ? I dont get the key for this :D
Do you have a suggestion what makes the Dino go faster ?

ok , i for sure didnt think that they could all be wrong using the Dino. :rolleyes:

I just trying to understand the difference. Weight balancing ? driveability ? Sony likes Ferrari more than Lancia ? I dont get the key for this :D
Do you have a suggestion what makes the Dino go faster ?
I'm not sure. Maybe that's something I can test. :)

People going for all-out world records need to use the easiest setup possible and the Dino is preferred for its better stability. The Stratos generally gets a bad reputation for some foibles and eccentricities that make it more challenging to work with, but in my opinion it rewards skilled driving rather than forced driving.

For sure the Stratos is less forgiving as the Dino.
But its also more fun to get the same time with the more chalnging one.
in some turns i had the feeling that the stratos could have done a lot more if i just did not overpace him.
in my opinion the response on throttle and steerung is way better if one is able to control it.

obviously I'm not by now :rolleyes:
although it can be that I screwed myself due to the setups i choose

1:44.366. Current goal is to hit a 1:43 so I'll try to make that happen, or at least get close to that mark this weekend. :D Here's my setup so far. I had difficulties creating a good transmission for this track and the Dino but this one will have to do for now.

Suspension:
135/140
2.63/3.86
1/1
1/1
6/4
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.10

Brakes:
8/5

Transmission:
Reset and set top speed to far left (minimum)
Final: 2.610

LSD:
5/10/7

Power Limiter: 93.7
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exahust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports

Full Weight Reduction
Downforce: 20

Last edited:
I gave my two alfas a go first. On my second lap with my Giulia sprint gta I managed a 2:03. I could probably get gold if I worked at it, but I'm just not that patient haha. Might give the Stratos a try. Sounds more fun than the dino

Back