450PP Japanese 90's Challenge

Good time (PP) Boxernman.

I mostly stuck to Tsukuba because there is hardly any corner cutting to help win.

At Trial Mountain the first, second, and last corners especially are great for making a quicker time in a 5 lap race.

Just wondering if you are availing yourself of the corner cuts I mentioned with your 343PP?

I have no problems whatsoever if you are, it's just that to keep it on a level playing field we all need to be aware of the options available.

I don't know if I'll even get a chance to have a try today

Cheers.

Good question! Like someone said "it was clean but there might have been some yelling over right of way". I have been testing 450pp cars m.r., f.f. ,f.r on that track for weeks now to get my garage stuffed with options for online racing. I work real hard not to cut those corners because of the penalties online. and when practicing using time trial your time goes to red if you do. soooo the answer is I don't think so. besides, with that low power, cutting those corners works against you. The one thing I did was buy a new car and not change the oil. I'll take it over tsukuba to see how it fairs (not my favorite course) and get back to you.

343pp. first try second place, total time 7:01..... not sure. if the savanna is in the pole position at tsukuba try another day.

Last edited:
Ok, tsukuba, civic type r 97 343pp, 129 hp, 1232 kg, sports hard, mt (shifting like I was on a motorcycle) 7:02.530 total time (had some 1:09s) supra, second place 7:03.156, 00.626 gap 2,168,250cr. Dalone I think you could do this.

It seems like everyone is also taking the EK Civic route...:lol:

Was wondering as money is so easily available I thought I'd set up a challenge for myself - is it possible to earn enough points and levels to buy the UCD Toyota 7 - Lvl 23 @ 4.4 Mill within 5 game days!

I also :lol: @ when you first race at a seasonal and level up ten or so levels at once. Difficulty = Gone :lol:

It seems like everyone is also taking the EK Civic route...:lol:

Was wondering as money is so easily available I thought I'd set up a challenge for myself - is it possible to earn enough points and levels to buy the UCD Toyota 7 - Lvl 23 @ 4.4 Mill within 5 game days!

I also :lol: @ when you first race at a seasonal and level up ten or so levels at once. Difficulty = Gone :lol:

Oh that's easy! I got that in 3 game days. Dalone et al could probably get it in 2 considering how much he's getting for lowered PP bonuses.

The levels are pretty stoopid.

Toscana night '/ what a pain this is. Blitzes the others first try at 430pp I just can't see the track well enough in the dark and either to slow or just crash out...

Toscana night '/ what a pain this is. Blitzes the others first try at 430pp I just can't see the track well enough in the dark and either to slow or just crash out...

Haven't tried that one. In the dark yet. Sounds like fun.....for some!

Oh that's easy! I got that in 3 game days. Dalone et al could probably get it in 2 considering how much he's getting for lowered PP bonuses.

2 game days at 110% with a level 0 car? 3 perhaps is easy if you win at least twice netting 4 mill - but level 23? Granted you can get 0-18 in about two races, but five levels on the last one?

It was awesome. By far the best race in the series

Have to agree, awesome event, the graphics are astounding.

Just tried it with the car I'm using at Tsukuba, the MR-S S Edition '99, uptuned (max power and minimum weight, no other changes) which made 393PP ..146hp and 882kg and won $1,649,000 for 1st on my first try.

Really enjoyed it.

OK, won at 370PP, same weight, $2,040,000, xp 201000.

Total time 7:17...BL 2:24.0.

Had a go at 361PP (same weight) but came 2nd, some seconds behind. But that's enough for tonight, will definitely have another crack at this one tomorrow.

And there are no short cuts here that I can remember.

Last edited:
I changes car and won second time by a good few seconds with a s2000 mugen or spoon in standard trim.

With the nsx I just couldn't drive it quick enough and make it around safely.

I took the Celica GT-Four straight from the OCD, oil change, then dialled it back to 392PP. Won all events at that level other than cape Ring where I had to tune it back out to 400PP to catch the 180SX Type X. These were a lot of fun, especially getting good momentum through Toscana at night time.

This was a trip down memory lane for me. The first car I bought in GT5 was a Honda Prelude SiR 96 and it served me very well in the early days. I used it a lot until I'd earned enough to buy a 69 Camaro and it's been languishing at the bottom of the garage ever since. So I changed the oil, gave it a wash and removed the few parts I'd added, to get it back to stock at 398PP. Went for ABS off BB 3/2. Had a blast and won them all with by good margin in the end. Toscana was the toughest for a change. I had to turn the driving line on to see where I was going. Won 1.3M per race, but it wasn't about the money. It's a great car to drive in its stock form and I reckon if were starting GT5 over again I'd like it as my first car. To top it all I reached level 40 by winning the last race at Toscana. There should be a trophy for reaching level 40 in your first purchased car.
I even felt a bit nostalgic about SRF.

Back for another go at Toscana.

Changed my car to the Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car and detuned it to;

351PP (352PP at the end of the race) 111bhp 62.6% power. Weight 930kg, no ballast.

Win $2,346,000......forgot the exp.

Total time 7:23.413....BL 2:26.5.

~~~~~~

Last one for now, won at 342PP.....103hp (57.8% power) weight 963kg ballast 33kg.

Win $2,516,000 exp 247900.

Total time 7:22.381 BL 2:25.996.

Would like to see a good tune for this little car, likely could do better yet.

Last edited:
im saving money for 787B and now is for winning
superb,im very glad,somebody from gt must heard me :sly:

this seazon is very fun, im testing with my every Japanese cars
Impreza 22b STi, many Evos 2-5 , Integra , Civic typer , Silvia and 200sx , Skyline R32 33, Mazda MX5, 300ZX and 3000GTO

So it wasn't just my eyes.

So it wasn't just my eyes.

Once darkness falls, having the Driving Line on will easily show the way.

Maybe not as good as street lights, but pretty damn good all the same.

It's in the Driving Options.

OK, had a try at 341PP and won. 106hp...58.9% power...total weight 1026kg, ballast 96kg.

Total time 7:19.737...BL 2:25.8, but that would be at least half a sec better had I not misjudged the final r/hander at the top of the hill and ran off the road and had to change down.

Win $2,533,000 exp 249575.

Last edited:
Running Trial Mountain in the Civic Type R EK pretty easily at 355PP. Reward is around 2.4mill with the 200% bonus. Will work on whittling the PP down even more.

Too bad I have nothing left to spend money on in the game these days.....

Running Trial Mountain in the Civic Type R EK pretty easily at 355PP. Reward is around 2.4mill with the 200% bonus. Will work on whittling the PP down even more.

Too bad I have nothing left to spend money on in the game these days.....

I know the feeling. I've taken to buying every car that comes up in the ucd whether I have it or not. It's usually a different color anyway. Lol

I know the feeling. I've taken to buying every car that comes up in the ucd whether I have it or not. It's usually a different color anyway. Lol

My current little "challenge" I have for myself is to lower the mileage on all of my cars as much as possible. I'd like to eventually have no cars with over 10K miles. But it has been tough to do!

I like to use a different car for each track, so I used a stock '95 Civic Sir II (383PP) to win Tsukuba (1.2M at 110%), a stock '92 Mitsu Eclipse (around 390PP) to win Suzuka East. Working on remaining tracks now !

Used a Gathers Drider Civic Race Car '98 with 411PP. Won the races easy, only needed 3 tries on Toscana because I didn't recognize the circuit in the dark :)

So far just a quick run through. After trying TM in a 420pp Midget (5th), I used a Cappuccino RM at around 420pp for the first three - great fun car and reasonable races as it is underpowered compared to most of the opposition. I got silver at Cape Ring (there was quite a distant rabbit in the race) so looked for something different, and after reading StirlingMoose's post I found out my first car: a '91 EG Civic.

I had heavily tuned this and painted it some purple pearl colour. It was quite firm and understeery so I adjusted the diff', made a couple of minor setup changes, and added ballast to make around 440pp. Obviously easy wins on Cape and Toscana (once I'd sort of learned the course), but great revvy fun if a bit of a front tyre shredder.

Quite enjoyable races I thought, hopefully I'll get chance to revisit with some different rides: want to try my tuned up Move 4wd and maybe a Cube, though I think this might struggle like the Midget.

Happy to see no Eifel Kart track.

I don`t get why people are annoyed with the Eifel tracks....I find them amusing, and a refreshment to the game....There are SO few tracks in GT5, and the Eifel and the Toscana tracks make GT5 bareable....

What annoyes me, is Tsukuba....Hey wait; it has changed its name to "Again-Tsukuba-again-again-again" - Even in the 750pp World Circuit Tour we had to take our LMPs and GrpC`s to Again-Tsukuba-again-again-again....

What this game lack are TRACKS...

So thank You for Eifel and Toscana....eeeh..yes....Yes???

My current little "challenge" I have for myself is to lower the mileage on all of my cars as much as possible. I'd like to eventually have no cars with over 10K miles. But it has been tough to do!

All of my cars are 5k or less. It is fun looking for then in the UCD. I always have to verify mileage on my current car, then buy the new one if it is lower.

All of my cars are 5k or less. It is fun looking for then in the UCD. I always have to verify mileage on my current car, then buy the new one if it is lower.

Good to see I'm not the only one! :lol:

I find the RUF's in general very hard to get with low mileage. There was also a stretch for about a year where I could not get a Honda BEAT without ridiculous mileage on it.

Update: Beat Trial Mountain with the EK Civic at 350PP. Reward with 200% bonus was 2.2mill. I was a little off by saying 2.4 earlier. There is room to lower it a few more PP's, but it's going to get really annoying and start to depend on how traffic treats you. You can reliably win at 350PP with a few minor mistakes. About two seconds of wiggle room.

Good to see I'm not the only one! :lol:

I find the RUF's in general very hard to get with low mileage. There was also a stretch for about a year where I could not get a Honda BEAT without ridiculous mileage on it.

Update: Beat Trial Mountain with the EK Civic at 350PP. Reward with 200% bonus was 2.2mill. I was a little off by saying 2.4 earlier. There is room to lower it a few more PP's, but it's going to get really annoying and start to depend on how traffic treats you. You can reliably win at 350PP with a few minor mistakes. About two seconds of wiggle room.

I cheated on a few cars. I used the reset your car to factory tickets on a few of them.

Back