450PP Japanese 90's Challenge

All of my cars are 5k or less. It is fun looking for then in the UCD. I always have to verify mileage on my current car, then buy the new one if it is lower.

Funny, I am doing the exact opposite, buying cars with high mileage, in fact bought a some yesterday with over 60,000 km on the speedo and two with over 90,000.

I figure they may one day be used in a Seasonal where a high mileage reduces their PP.

In any case when one always has $20 mill in the bank you can't go wrong buying anything at all, although I usually stick to higher priced items even if I already have them.

I haven't been doing the seasonals because of the SRF thing but the cars in this one are just too fun. My Skyline GTS-t type M is still loose enough that I can have fun with it despite the SRF 👍

Surprising Car. Took the Nissan Staegea wagon from the OCD with only upgrades on the transmission, drive train, and suspension 418PP and I was very surprised at how well it handled. It can easily gold this seasonal at 418PP - not bad for a very heavy wagon.

Funny, I am doing the exact opposite, buying cars with high mileage, in fact bought a some yesterday with over 60,000 km on the speedo and two with over 90,000.

I figure they may one day be used in a Seasonal where a high mileage reduces their PP.

In any case when one always has $20 mill in the bank you can't go wrong buying anything at all, although I usually stick to higher priced items even if I already have them.

I think engine degradation above about 15k will reduce the hp so much that even old oil won't compensate this. In my present account (GTP_Rossi) I'm buying everything under 20 000 km. There's probably some stats on this somewhere.

I think engine degradation above about 15k will reduce the hp so much that even old oil won't compensate this. In my present account (GTP_Rossi) I'm buying everything under 20 000 km. There's probably some stats on this somewhere.

Yes, I did that without knowing a great deal about the subject, but it seemed like it might be a good idea at the time.

Nothing to lose if it doesn't work to my advantage however I'll keep a weather eye out for more info on the subject.

Thanks Clive.

PS, interestingly, in real life an engine with 15,000 to 20,000 km on the speedo is hardly more than broken in.

Once darkness falls, having the Driving Line on will easily show the way.

Maybe not as good as street lights, but pretty damn good all the same.

It's in the Driving Options.

OK, had a try at 341PP and won. 106hp...58.9% power...total weight 1026kg, ballast 96kg.

Total time 7:19.737...BL 2:25.8, but that would be at least half a sec better had I not misjudged the final r/hander at the top of the hill and ran off the road and had to change down.

Win $2,533,000 exp 249575.

Oh my god, why the hell didn't I think of that?

I was able to complete all of these races with ease (well, Toscana was not so easy: more on that in a moment). Looking through my garage, I found:

Spoon Integra Type R (DC2) '99. 216bhp 1080kg.

At 415pp, a win with this car still gives you a fairly hefty Performance Difference Bonus. The Fixed Sports Suspension (standard on the car) is an advantage, naturally. Fine handling. I breezed through all of the tracks, winning first time, with the exception of Toscana: the night-time conditions badly affecting my second and third lap times. The way round it for me was to ensure you could always see a set of rear lights ahead to show the way. That, and learning to circuit a little better. Got there in the end.

This morning, just did Trial Mountain in the Toyota MR-S S Edition '99, that is currently in the OCD; 138bhp, 970kg, 377pp. Great race, caught the rabbit (Celica GT-Four '91) on the last lap, at the start of the back straight. The light weight and great weight distribution means you can carry plenty of speed through the final chicane, up over the rise, through the tunnel and into the hairpin. Having to be creative with the 'mobile chicanes', as ever.

Total race time: 9:07.702, fastest lap 1:47.909 (I'm not the quickest!)

Edit: Oh, and for this race, this car combo: $1,779,750, and 174,020 exp. points.

Line up is very important. Just ran tsukuba and finished 1st 5.998 sec ahead of 2nd place finish. Different line up gave me barely first before. Cr. 1,902,750. going for more. civic type r 97 361pp

97civic 355pp 6:58.88 total time. laps mostly 1:09 range one 1:08. 3.8 ahead at finish almost 2 million.

97civic 350pp and over 2 mil credits. done. btw the line up has a supra sz-r 97 first in the grid followed by a silvia spec-s aero (s15) 99

I know I have trouble with the Sleighty and GT-Four in pole position. So what is the easiest line up?

For the LIFE of me I can't get past Sukaba no matter what car/PP combination I use. Second place every time as the first place car gets out to a 25 second lead.
Somebody please, some tips for me on car choice and possibly driving tips for that course??

walkerf5e
For the LIFE of me I can't get past Sukaba no matter what car/PP combination I use. Second place every time as the first place car gets out to a 25 second lead.
Somebody please, some tips for me on car choice and possibly driving tips for that course??

Use 450pp skyline or GTR, lower the gears top speed to around 130mph, use manual transmission if you can. Should be a straight forward win

I know I have trouble with the Sleighty and GT-Four in pole position. So what is the easiest line up?

hi,
I looked for the supra and the silvia 1 and 2 respectively in the starting grid.

My best at Toscana is winning at 341PP.

Anyone getting lower than that?

I hate this track. Those damn fire works are so nice to look at I keep running off the course. So. No not yet but I will try. ooooohhhh look at that .....crash. :)

Much thanks. Don't know why I'd never picked up a skyline, terrific car to drive.

Reasonable grind: Honda CRX SiR at 370PP (max ballast and lowered HP to ~150HP? iirc) @ 200%, getting over $2m/race at Trial Mountain, winning by around 10 seconds with some average driving.

car used: nsx 95
upgrades: none
oil change: yes
detuned engine to 75%
411 PP

won all 5 races with ease. and fell in love with the handling of this car again.

Same here, (the winning part, but I do love the handling) and I'm what you'd call a novice.

Another 787B to add along side my low mileage 787B & Stealth 787B.

Yeah, I also have a 787B, which I purchased from the dealership, and cannot sell back. Not that I need the money since you can only have 20M, ever since I started the seasonals, I have been purchasing the most expensive cars I can. What the heck do you do with a second 787B?

Back