4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Things have come up, and I don't think i'll make tonight, again :grumpy:. Good luck F1Mad!!!

There's a possiblity I may not be at tonight's race, or any others for that matter. I have so much more I could be doing. Sorry guys, it was fun but I'm getting kind of bored with it now and I rarely get to practice, making me less competitive, and I don't like not being able to compete at a high level.

Peace out.

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could join you all if you had any spare spaces left. I'm not a particularly brilliant driver and don't really expect to be competitive but I'd just like to be able to gauge how far off I am and think it would be fun anyway.

There's a possiblity I may not be at tonight's race, or any others for that matter. I have so much more I could be doing. Sorry guys, it was fun but I'm getting kind of bored with it now and I rarely get to practice, making me less competitive, and I don't like not being able to compete at a high level.

Peace out.

No way Kak :guilty: no probs if you can't make it tonight though.

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could join you all if you had any spare spaces left. I'm not a particularly brilliant driver and don't really expect to be competitive but I'd just like to be able to gauge how far off I am and think it would be fun anyway.

Yep, sure you can, maybe we will see you tonight :)

Password details on first page along with rules.

Thanks for letting me join I enjoyed it even despite being so far behind everyone and having a million spins, all the same would like to do it again if you have some spaces free next week.

It's good to just be able to drive around on track with people whilst I'm learning them even though I can't race with them, I've only had the game two weeks so I hope I get better than I am at the moment.

Thanks for letting me join I enjoyed it even despite being so far behind everyone and having a million spins, all the same would like to do it again if you have some spaces free next week.

It's good to just be able to drive around on track with people whilst I'm learning them even though I can't race with them, I've only had the game two weeks so I hope I get better than I am at the moment.

Great thanks for turning up, hope to see you next week.

Did you want to create a team ?

Well here goes i qualified 4th with a average lap. As we went into T1 i get a penalty. I quickly made my way back through the pack and was racing nev and kakundoo for 3rd place. I knew i had the pace on them but had to make sure i didn't get any penalties. kakundoo drifted off me and nev so most of the race we was battling it out for position i wasn't lucky though getting penalty after penalty. Lucky for us f1madad got kicked out so i ended up 3rd.

Well done nev it was a good battle mate.

Qualified 1st, Finished 4th

Got pole with a good lap, and seeing other's times i was optimistic about the race. Got off to a good start, and held the lead in the opening few laps. Then it became clear GYLES was the big threat. He was right behind me, but then he got a penalty which gave me some breathing space. But i couldn't relax so i still pushed on. Was still leading by half distance, but a small error put GYLES back on my tail. The next few laps it was intense battling, but then with his car right in my view i took the wrong line and went too wide at the start/finish line and got a penalty. But i pushed on regardless, and towards the end of the race i think GYLES made another error and i was starting to gain on him. Was probably only 3 seconds or so behind him, but then with 4 laps to go, i got a bloody network error. I was gutted! Logged back in, but i didnt get my car, so i watched it on the map and hoped it would keep up a decent pace. By then end it had been passed twice and dropped down to finish 4th. Could have been a lot worse, but i was on for a dead cert 2nd, maybe even a win if i'd have caught GYLES a bit more. But thats F1 online for you :( Still kept the fastest lap which was 1:14.6 so that's something. Great racing with GYLES and good win mate, also NEV seemed to be having a strong race so well done to you too mate. Look forward to next week, will be a man on a mission :)

Ps. I think it would be a good idea to make a new room before the race starts if it's not full, because then if someone gets a network error they can re-join as their car and carry on near to where they left off. Thanks.

Overall, a great race for me. Can't remember where I qualified, think it was around 7th or 8th with a decent time (1'17.9 I think, I can do 1'16s but never at command). Got a good start and the first 2 laps jumped me up a few places initially as people got penalties or spun. I unfortunately made a huge mistake at the end of the 2nd lap I think it was, not only did I spin at the last chicane, but I also went backwards into the barrier and destroyed the rear wing. This meant I not only suffered from the spin, but also the waiting to respawn and also a penalty on top of that!
Needless to say, I was out of the running for a points position after that...or so I thought. From then on I just ran my own race, lapped consistently and attempted to avoid anymore further penalties. I slowly started to gain on Hemi, who seemed to be making a lot of mistakes. After the 2nd pit stops, I caught and overtook Hemi after he had crashed at turn 4. I then closed down on GINTY who also crashed at turn 4. It was then just plain cruising to collect my points. Satisfying race all around, nice for my consistencey to be rewarded for once, even though I'm no where near the fastest times.

Thats the spirit 👍 This is how I approached it when I organised the first championship - I was using it to learn the tracks mostly.
I'm sure you'll be closer at other tracks, Imola is notorious for being a tough one because of the easy penalties and very high kerbs. If you practice a bit online racing other people, you should be ok at Nurburgring - or at least I was, I found my groove with that track very quickly.

Here are the unoffcial results and I need some input from you guys.

With 4 laps to go F1MadAd was approx 3 - 4 seconds behind me and got disconnected from the game. Now F1MadAd could have late joined but decided not to. With this in mind I would like to award F1MadAd 2nd position.

However I will only do this if it is agreed by kingmart1n and DonkeyFuzz, so please post here guys, otherwise it will be 4th.

The second point i would like to make is that the fastest lap was held by F1MadAd with a time of 1:14.642, however Hemi did a 1:14.443 on the last lap, but did this by coming into the pits. This would have cost Hemi some time and possibly could have lost the 8th position to GINTY1.

There is nothing in the rules to state that we are not allowed to do this, therefore I feel the FL should go to Hemi.

What does everybody else think about awarding Hemi the fastest lap ? Also if anybody else has any comments awarding F1MadAd with 2nd place ?

Thanks.

Fastest Lap:- HEMIata 1:14.443
Fastest Lap:- F1MadAd 1:14.642

FIA Post Conference:

I would like to say well done to everybody and what an unlucky finish for F1MadAd, also I had an awsome race with Kingmart1n but I came out on top and into second place. I've read the other comments and that perhaps myself both take secoond place, if is not at all possible I will finish third but to share second would be good with 8 points each.

I had a good(ish) lap in qualifying for sixth place and moved up the field and at the start was racing Kingmart1n and Kakundoo, I think pressure became a main fator and it got to Kakundoo and then Kingmart1n came into the pits early and then I came in coupple of laps later and he ended up 2 seconds ahead but luckily for me,he unfortunately got a penalty and I went to third and then F1MadAd had a connection error thus promoting me to second. Again would it be possible to share second place?

All i would say is last year it happened to me at this track i was battling for 3rd i got kicked out and had to settle for 7th so i know how you feel F1MadAd.

All I can say is that was a pathetic excuse of a performance by me.
I think I did well to achieve 3rd in the qualifying, but to get a penalty at the first corner...something i've never done before? Terrible. It cost me a whole lot of time and even though I managed to pull myself back up to the battle for 3rd, it still wasn't good enough.
I knew I wasn't the fastest, I was still trying to find my pace because i'd only done 10 laps of practice during the week and it really cost me, not only in time, but also consistency. I can't honestly remember a time when I got so many penalties in the duration of a race. I am surprised that I finished 4th/5th (depending on the F1MadAd situation).
Personally, I think that if I can't get the practice in during the week, then I won't be racing in the Championship anymore. It sucks not being competitive.

I'll probably check back to see how things are getting on, and if I don't race again, then you'll all see me back on the track for F1 2010 :D

When HEMI said he came into the pits to get the FL on the last lap, i thought he meant where you go flying across the gravel into the pit lane and miss the last chicane because he said he 'cheated' to get it. Will have to check with HEMI but if he simply got it by pitting he should take FL

Here is my race report and I will be posting the official race results and FL result within the next few hours.

Qualifed 2nd on the grid, but it was F1MadAd with a brilliant pole into the 1:14s.

I got off to a reasonable start, but 2 laps later I hit a penalty and that increased the gap to F1MadAd significantly. I decided to pace myself and did not push as hard as I could, Imola is a track that will punish you with an 18 second penalty with the slightest of mistakes :crazy: On the 10th lap I found myself just behind the leader, and with leader making a mistake I took full advatange and pulled out a lead.

With 5 laps remaining I made my second penalty and the lead for the race was hotting up, unfortunately F1MadAd lost connection and I cruised home.

I would also like to mention it was a fantastic result for DonkeyFuzz with a brilliant podium result 👍

Hope to see everyone at the Nurburgring, where we will probably see the lap glitch :ill:

Last edited:
Thanks for awarding a second place split, I undertand how F1MadAd felt as I've come across that situation before but super stuff from everyone. Also what is the 'lap glitch'?

It puts someone one lap behind. So someone could be leading a race, but it would say that they were last because the game put them a lap behind everyone else for no reason.

Hey DonkeyFuzz,

Yes no problems, I did not want anybody to lose out.

The lap glitch normally puts the front few cars a lap down at the start of the race, just as the lights go out 👎

EDIT:- Kak beat me to it :lol:

Gyles, how come I only got 2 points, but everyone else was moved up one position? Hemi got 2 points and GINTY got 1 point despite finishing behind me? The same goes for Arrows' points as well. Which should also put us ahead of Team Redbull ;) with one more 2nd place than them.

Last edited:
Gyles, how come I only got 2 points, but everyone else was moved up one position? Hemi got 2 points and GINTY got 1 point despite finishing behind me? The same goes for Arrows' points as well. Which should also put us ahead of Team Redbull ;) with one more 2nd place than them.

Ah, sorry Ardius good spot, clerical error, and now corrected :nervous:

However Redbull have 2 podiums and Arrows Grand Prix have 1 podium, so I think Redbull will be ahead in position, well the unofficial way ?

Well, the way current F1 scoring works is first points then 1st positions, 2nd positions, etc.
So if two drivers had equal points, the driver with the most 1st places wins or most 2nd places and so on until one driver has more than the other driver of something. So, by that system we have more 2nd places, despite them having more 3rd places. Thats how I organised the old tables anyway.

I'm not bothered either way, I'm sure we'll beat them eventually :P

Just a quick update, after discussions with Hemi, the fastest lap for Imola will go to F1MadAd.

Race results have been updated and the tables will be done later.

Thanks.

Oh, so thats the glitch, I have experienced this before and it's rather annoying.:banghead: Also can I now always drive a Super Aguri online, I think it's my lucky car as I've neither had a penalty with them.:)

Hey guys,

Bad news i'm afraid :( I finally found my spark back for the game after realising that F1 2010 was literally just around the corner (the season, not the game lol...i've been counting down the days XD), so I was ready to do some serious practice for the next track. Unfortunately, disaster struck and my PS3 got the yellow light :( rendering my PS3 useless until I can get it fixed, and I just don't have the money at the moment.
It really sucks because I wanted to prove myself...especially after my last two performances.

Anyways, have fun and good luck with the rest of the Championship. I'll probably check back to see how it's going from time to time.

Back