4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Sorry guys I didn't realise how late you run these. I have to up early so I won't be able to do it.

Just finished checking my SDTV works fine, all ok so should be able to make it tonight. Its not nice mind, think I may end up with a headache at the end of the night! :lol: Its not even a 16:9 TV, its a 4:3....
Just did a brief practice around Sepang to check I can still see my braking points and I can run a decent lap still - all seems ok. I'm glad we aren't using collisions though! I won't be able to see or hear half of you!

At the very least I can say I won't be disappointed today whatever the result, as I don't expect much with this crappy tv.

Good stuff, I was playing on the snes the other day via an RF connection, I switched it off after a few minutes :lol: I remember when I bought my US PS3 back in Nov 2006 and hooked it up to my SDTV via scart, it looked quite good, I suppose if you are going from HD to SD you will notice the immediate low resolution.

I think my times are way off to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised with a 5th or 6th place finish but I guess that's just the way it goes since I find it hard to get into a decent rhythm at Sepang.

Oh and Rob_101 may be joining in tonight if there is space?

Yep, no probs with space tonight.

Sorry guys I didn't realise how late you run these. I have to up early so I won't be able to do it.

Ah, is this a one off, or is the 11:00 PM start too late for you ?

That was a hateful race for me.. All alone for the entire race making several huuuge mistakes as well as being epically slow every lap.Even my cleanest lap was a 1:34 and i dont think i can improve even if i spent hours pounding the track, maybe if i had a compatable wheel to use with it...

Anways, nice to see you all and at least i get some points this time round due to the poor turn out.Look forward to the reviews from the guys who actually done some competitive racing

Wow, that was a good race for me. Once again took qualifying steady just to ensure I was ahead of the AI. I didn't really expect to qualify ahead of anyone else, especially as my best lap in the race was a 1'30 and that came after some good consistencey over several laps, something that doesn't happen in qualy.

Anyway, started 6th, finished 6th. I had an ok start, following the pack for a couple of laps until Duck made a mistake somewhere and gained a penalty, promoting me to 5th. I stayed there for about 8 laps longer, all the while keeping ahead or just behind Duck into the first pit stops. After that Duck laid down a good margin ahead of me and I basically just cruised to the finish after that. I did make one error at turn 2 just before my 2nd pit stop and spun after going wide. But in the end it wouldn't have mattered because judging where Duck came out after his 2nd pit stop, I wouldn't have been that much closer to Hemi and king. Oh and I also hit the dreaded bump on the pit entrance and spun into the barrier, but by that time I wasn't looking at catching anyone up.

So, good race for me with only 2 major mistakes and no penalties! Nice points haul for me and the team too! 👍:)

Also very happy to finally finish a race with some decent consistencey down! All my laps barring the ones with mistakes were in the 1'30 to 1'31 range!

I qualified 3rd and was hoping for a good result. For the first 5 laps me and Hemlata was trading between 2nd and 3rd he then pulled away by 2 seconds. Lucky for me he span it and i was up in to 2nd with a gap between me and kakundoo. On lap 13 i hit the shift down by mistake which through me and i cut the corner getting a penalty and letting kakundoo by. Then on lap 15 i spun it that put Hemlata right behind me and duck coming out of the pits just in front of us. For the last 4 laps me and Hemlata was trading places again. I finally ended up 5th which really should of be 2nd but for my silly mistakes.

Here are the results from Sepang, sorry the battery in my camera died so couldn't get the results photo 👎

Race report will follow:-

Race Results:-

1. fishfash
2. Kakundoo
3. FastDuck
4. HEMIata
5. kingmart1n
6. Ardius
7. Scoop2004

Fastest Lap:-

fishfash - 1:28.746

This was virtually a copy of the Bahrain Qualifying, Hemi along side me on the front row, just a few tenths behind and the top 5 within a second of each other.

Off to a good start and Hemi and King where all over me for the first few laps. I managed to pull out a few seconds and held this margin just after the first round of stops.

Not sure what happened after the first round of stops, and I noticed Hemi was no longer in 2nd/3rd and Kak was now showing 3rd on the radar and king in 2nd.

With 8 laps to go I got a penalty at turn 1 and king closed right down on me, he had closed the gap to around 2 or 3 seconds, and I was constantly looking back :nervous: Then all of a sudden the tables turned and king was no where to be seen and Kak was in 2nd and with a few laps to go, out of no where Duck was in 3rd :sly: Quack Quack :lol:

Cya you all next week and we should hopefully have 1 or perhaps 2 more drivers from another league I used to race with 👍

Sorry about missing the race, I had to do a science group project at my group member's house, then after that I went out with some other friends for ice cream and didn't come back until just 2 hours ago.

For the first 5 laps me and Hemlata was trading between 2nd and 3rd he then pulled away by 2 seconds. Lucky for me he span it and i was up in to 2nd with a gap between me and kakundoo. Then on lap 15 i spun it that put Hemlata right behind me and duck coming out of the pits just in front of us. For the last 4 laps me and Hemlata was trading places again.

Awesome racing mate 👍 Too bad I came out on the wrong end of it :lol:

This was virtually a copy of the Bahrain Qualifying, Hemi along side me on the front row, just a few tenths behind and the top 5 within a second of each other.

Shows we have the potential of some real tight battles, now if I could just hold it together for more than 5 laps :lol:

Off to a good start and Hemi and King where all over me for the first few laps. I managed to pull out a few seconds and held this margin just after the first round of stops.

Not sure what happened after the first round of stops, and I noticed Hemi was no longer in 2nd/3rd and Kak was now showing 3rd on the radar and king in 2nd.

As noted by king, I spun after the first right hander in the third sector and that let Kak catch me :nervous: then a few laps later I spun it again in the same spot :embarrassed::yuck::ouch::banghead: I guess I need to stay out of that spot :lol: I should have known that was going to be a problem for me as on my 3rd hot lap in Q3 I was up by 2 tenths over my P2 qualifying lap and blew that same spot totally messing up what might have been a pole :dunce::drool::sly::lol: The racing again was great and other than my two goofs I'm satisfied with my pace. Sorry for running after the race but the missus wanted me to do something for her :rolleyes::lol:

That was a pretty good race :D lol

Hadn't really done much practice for Sepang tbh and knew that most of you would be quicker, so I was expecting about 5th.
Qualified 4th, but Duck got a great start and overtook me down the straight. Then my first two corners were terrible resulting in Ardius getting by me as well.
I got back my places after the first lap (or was it the second? lol), anyways I could see Hemi and King fighting for position and Gyles gradually getting away from us all, and I knew that they were all faster so I just put in consistent laps and was waiting for someone to make a mistake. Luckily for me, this happened more than once, and with being able to pit a lap later than almost everyone (if not everyone), I came out a couple of second behind King in 3rd and Hemi was still a good distance behind. He caught me up as expected when I made a mistake, but again Hemi made a mistake as well, leaving me to get away and chase King.
King was the next to make an error, giving me 2nd place and a good lead on him as well.

Overall I am extremely happy with my result because I didn't expect it at all XD, still need to beat Gyles if i'm going to win the Driver's title though :P

Hi every1. I am a friend of Gyles69 who reccomended the site to me. I wud like to race in this season please. Let me know wat i need to do now so i can race :)

Adam

Hi every1. I am a friend of Gyles69 who reccomended the site to me. I wud like to race in this season please. Let me know wat i need to do now so i can race :)

Adam

Please follow the Acceptable Use Policy:
https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums. All messages must be posted in English.

Thanks.

Adam

Hey F1MadAd,

It's Gyles69 here and thanks for joining 👍

Please have a read of the first page of this thread were you can find race details, rules etc.

Quick summary here:-

We race every Friday at 11:00 PM, next race is at melbourne, weather will be Sunny with Collisions off and you must pit twice, the password can be found on the first page :)

We all have team mates although this is not necessary, you can create your own team or join PJ-FFL as I believe his team mate has recently pulled out, PJ-FFL will be extremely pleased to have a fast driver on his team ;)

See you Friday 👍

Last edited:
Since PJ-FFL has no team-mate, i will join him at Andrea Moda. What car will i be driving?

Also it says the race will be held at 11pm GMT+1. So since i live in England which is GMT, does that mean i will be racing at 10pm?

Also it says the race will be held at 11pm GMT+1. So since i live in England which is GMT, does that mean i will be racing at 10pm?

No mate it's 11pm as you live in england.
I hope you are not to fast add me might get some practice in together my psn is kingmart1n.

Since PJ-FFL has no team-mate, i will join him at Andrea Moda. What car will i be driving?

Well, welcome aboard, F1MadAd!!! Add me on PSN, it's pj-gm, and i'll try to do some practice with you whenever I can. I can only come on on weekends, so it'll be on the weekends. King, if you get to race against him this week, tell me how good he is, please?

Apart from McLaren, that's my car this season ;) lol

Welcome to the Championship and I hope you have fun here and I can't wait to see how fast you are. I love the challenge :D

I know all the cars online perform the same, but i presume you have all picked a 'chassis' for the season. Just wanted to know which ones weren't being used?

I don't think anyone really minds, well I don't care anyway. I pick MF1 most of the time but I won't be mad if I don't get it :lol:

I know all the cars online perform the same, but i presume you have all picked a 'chassis' for the season. Just wanted to know which ones weren't being used?

Hi,

Just the Mclaren has been picked by Kak and the Ferrari by PJ, so any other car is free. The rest of us just randomly select what ever is available on the day 👍

Thanks.

Fishfash, I was wondering whether I could join for the race at Melbourne, would be brilliant if there were any spaces. 👍

Fishfash, I was wondering whether I could join for the race at Melbourne, would be brilliant if there were any spaces. 👍

Hi,

Yes, sure you can have the seat, it's the last seat so we now have a full house 👍

Please have a read of the first page of this thread were you can find race details, rules etc.

Quick summary here:-

We race every Friday at 11:00 PM, next race is at melbourne, weather will be Sunny with Collisions off and you must pit twice, the password can be found on the first page

We all have team mates although this is not necessary, you can create your own team, however you will be all alone as you will be the 11th driver :crazy:

See you Friday

Looks like were going to have our work cut out to keep those points positions, Scoop :nervous:

You guys will be fine :yuck:

I checked some of F1MadAd times out and i got to say he looks quick. I think that i will have to put in some practice to win a race.

Also f1 2010 release date has changed to 11/6/10 now.

Cool thanks, just wondering what team on the actual game I will be driving, also seen as I wil be on my own can I create a team name? :)

I checked some of F1MadAd times out and i got to say he looks quick. I think that i will have to put in some practice to win a race.

Also f1 2010 release date has changed to 11/6/10 now.

That's good to know, that my team mate is a good one, Arrows, we're gonna catch you :mischievous:, and then on to some bigger fish.

Cool thanks, just wondering what team on the actual game I will be driving, also seen as I wil be on my own can I create a team name? :)

Yes you can create your own team name, the Mclaren, Ferrari and Williams have been taken by other drivers. The rest of us just select what ever car / team is available on the day, you can do so if you like 👍

Hope to see you Friday at 11:00PM and thanks for joining.

We may have 11 drivers turn up on Friday :)

Back