5 reasons GT6 is a PS4 game

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 709 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you quote me with that response? What you've just said is nothing to do with what I said.

Because your reasoning with size isnt true. 4K will come in smaller sizes and it will make differance and especially if you sit 6feet away and especially since you can have larger TV even if you sit that close. (another way to put it..computerscreens use higher res than 1920x1080p even if they are small and you sit just 2 feet away). Even 13" netbooks use full hd res and still they are just 13" and small screen and you sit close. 4K capability can be usefull in many ways, connect a computer and you have nice large screen to surf the web or play games.

So, since Sony drives 4K forward it just makes all the sence in the world to assume PS4 will be a 4K player.

You've just agreed with what I said, the only use for 4k on a smaller screen is if you're sitting right in front of it, like a laptop or PC monitor.

resolution_chart.png

If you're sitting even 5ft away you won't see the full benefit of 4k until 80 inches. That's exactly why all 4k+ demonstrations have been on massive screens. You won't see the difference otherwise. Unless you can give me another reason they've not demoed it on cheaper, smaller displays?

Because your reasoning with size isnt true.
His reasoning for size has been common knowledge for HDTVs for a decade now. Even TV manufacturers quote optimum screen size/viewing distances for 1080p content.

I guess some people is loosing the point of a TV...this is like iPhone 4S is for iPhone 5... i mean is just a phone...0,5s faster but it does the same thing...better but if you own a 4S what's the point of buy a iPhone 5 a year later.

I love technology but this thing like every year a new iPhone with some new stuff and whatever, is something that we don´t really need. They need us to buy it and make money to develop more and make it better yes and then make more money...but do we need the same thing better again and again and again and again? I think not.
(at first with the iPod touch and first iPhone/iPad it was like a "revolution" but now is just the same all over again...like it or not)

With TV´s happens the same thing...people forgets that we don´t need 4k (here at this topic) because 1st- is expensive, 2nd- there are a few channels that even transmit in HD (1080p) at least in Europe or those that you have to pay (satellite or cable-Direct TV, etc) and 3rd- it is just a TV that can do what current TV´s and TV´s from the past can do...show you an image in your screen.

1080p looks good, looks clean, with a big TV like 47" (mine) it all looks great...why should i buy something that i am not going to enjoy more? Do you really think that 4K is going to be a bast difference?

I play my PS3 and PC games here (my TV)...on PC at 1080p and comparing that to the PS3 720p average resolution, is way better and you notice it. But after that when you look all this so clear and "clean" is not going to be a major difference because what does the real difference is not the resolution itself.
The difference comes with the filters (antialiasing, etc) post-processing and effects. That is what makes all looks better too.
The size of the TV is not going to change what you see because you´ll need a bigger one like 80" and the resolution is going to be good for that size to not have to stretch the image (pixels) and see again all clear and clean but in a bigger TV. That i repeat it again...you don´t really need a bigger TV. Not that resolution.

You need processing power tu move games at that resolution too. The HD7970 and GTX680´s GPU´s can move 4k resolution (3840×2160) and at 30FPS (game Dirt Showdown) but one of those costs more than a PS3 at release now. More than 500$/€.

Look at this link: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/lates...s-can-handle-pretty-well-4k-resolution-games/

The only "advantage" just because i am objective about everything, probably is that just because that high resolution we are not going to use (probably i don´t know) so much anti-aliasing filters that we use now just because the resolution being so high/large or whatever, it means that you have more pixels to "not compress" the image. (that´s why it will look crear as a 1080p with filters)

(PLEASE IF I SAY SOMETHING WRONG CORRECT ME)

And as a last bit...anyone can do whatever they want with his money and i am not saying that you can´t buy this or that...you can buy whatever you want and feel the need to.

Sorry for long thread...TL DR...xD

You've just agreed with what I said, the only use for 4k on a smaller screen is if you're sitting right in front of it, like a laptop or PC monitor.

resolution_chart.png

If you're sitting even 5ft away you won't see the full benefit of 4k until 80 inches. That's exactly why all 4k+ demonstrations have been on massive screens. You won't see the difference otherwise. Unless you can give me another reason they've not demoed it on cheaper, smaller displays?

Perhaps we are saying same thing. But from different angles.
Yes, sitting close is where you see the differance. And what it gives you is that you now can use larger screens without having to sit 15 feet away. Higher res gives you possibility to have larger screen even if you sit close. Since most want larger screens (but dont have larger homes) higher res is the solution. So now sitting 3 feet away with a 55" is ok. While having same effect on full HD you have to sit 7 feet away. So higher res gives you possibility to sit closer to the TV without seeing differance in quality. Hope you understand the graph in consumerpossibility for resellers.
If you dont have 4K and want large TV on 1080P you have to move the sofa farther away or bigger room.

nobody sits 3 ft away from a 55in screen. I'm in a small box room with a 32" HDTV and i'm still 6ft from it.

I'd like to sit 4 feet away and have it interactive.
And as ive seen 4K at IFA, for me (and all with me that saw it) 4K isnt just like theory. It just looks great and its not possible to get that lifelike quality with 1080p. Like looking through a window. Yes, and i do belive large screens are the future. And they wont be used just for TV-watching. And yes i do think 3D will get better with 4K tv's. And i do know its nothing for today, but since we talk PS4 (2014) it is set to last until 2022 or 2024 and somewhere inbetween theese years OLED, 4K, Interactive and large screens will not be that expensive. Especially 60-80" will be cheap.
2 years ago 80" was realy expensive, today 80" for 5000$ and going down really fast.
70" is like 3200$ and 60" is 2000$.
2 years ago this was not even remotly possible on LED/LCD.In Sweden anyway.

SimonK
nobody sits 3 ft away from a 55in screen. I'm in a small box room with a 32" HDTV and i'm still 6ft from it.

I sit 4 feet from a gorgeous 50" Kuro when I race and 6 feet during normal viewing. If you have an issue with THX standards for 1080p or 720p vs searing distance, take it up with George :P. The minimum searing distance for 1080p is 4 feet, maximum is 10 feet. The living room has a 32" and the couch is about 8 feet. It's WAY too small.

I want to replace my 50" with at least a 60".

Target has a 60" Sharp LED for $1500. I wouldn't buy it because it's a Sharp. 6 years ago I paid $1500 for (what turned out to be an utter POS) a 44" RCA DLP. It's original MSRP was $2200 just 2 years earlier.

Last edited:
I guess some people is loosing the point of a TV...this is like iPhone 4S is for iPhone 5... i mean is just a phone...0,5s faster but it does the same thing...better but if you own a 4S what's the point of buy a iPhone 5 a year later.

I love technology but this thing like every year a new iPhone with some new stuff and whatever, is something that we don´t really need. They need us to buy it and make money to develop more and make it better yes and then make more money...but do we need the same thing better again and again and again and again? I think not.
(at first with the iPod touch and first iPhone/iPad it was like a "revolution" but now is just the same all over again...like it or not)

With TV´s happens the same thing...people forgets that we don´t need 4k (here at this topic) because 1st- is expensive, 2nd- there are a few channels that even transmit in HD (1080p) at least in Europe or those that you have to pay (satellite or cable-Direct TV, etc) and 3rd- it is just a TV that can do what current TV´s and TV´s from the past can do...show you an image in your screen.

1080p looks good, looks clean, with a big TV like 47" (mine) it all looks great...why should i buy something that i am not going to enjoy more? Do you really think that 4K is going to be a bast difference?

I play my PS3 and PC games here (my TV)...on PC at 1080p and comparing that to the PS3 720p average resolution, is way better and you notice it. But after that when you look all this so clear and "clean" is not going to be a major difference because what does the real difference is not the resolution itself.
The difference comes with the filters (antialiasing, etc) post-processing and effects. That is what makes all looks better too.
The size of the TV is not going to change what you see because you´ll need a bigger one like 80" and the resolution is going to be good for that size to not have to stretch the image (pixels) and see again all clear and clean but in a bigger TV. That i repeat it again...you don´t really need a bigger TV. Not that resolution.

You need processing power tu move games at that resolution too. The HD7970 and GTX680´s GPU´s can move 4k resolution (3840×2160) and at 30FPS (game Dirt Showdown) but one of those costs more than a PS3 at release now. More than 500$/€.

Look at this link: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/lates...s-can-handle-pretty-well-4k-resolution-games/

The only "advantage" just because i am objective about everything, probably is that just because that high resolution we are not going to use (probably i don´t know) so much anti-aliasing filters that we use now just because the resolution being so high/large or whatever, it means that you have more pixels to "not compress" the image. (that´s why it will look crear as a 1080p with filters)

(PLEASE IF I SAY SOMETHING WRONG CORRECT ME)

And as a last bit...anyone can do whatever they want with his money and i am not saying that you can´t buy this or that...you can buy whatever you want and feel the need to.

Sorry for long thread...TL DR...xD

Using some of the logic at the beginning of your post. This is exactly the reason I'm not upgrading to PS4 yet even when I see some of the new tech demos they got, talking about this is how it's suppose to look it still doesn't feel like I need(definitely don't need)/want the system.

I mean Sony never realize that people would actually get attached to these game systems that's why their technically messing up right now. I admit I got attached to my PS2 literally and for good reason it was the best console gen hands down.

With PS3 because of being able to buy older titles I never got to play this generation is catching up although it has a long way to go.

I'll feel like moving on once another MGS3(MGS4 was good, but not as good) is made because thinking back to some of the crap that went into that game on PS2. You could get me to believe now that PS2 was pushing it's limits at that point and even with Gran Turismo 4.

True but I think after the debacle of GT5 Sony and/or PD have decided they're not going to say or show anything until they're 100%, absolutely sure it's going to be ready to go when they say it is, not long after. They want to avoid releasing a trailer a couple of years before the planned release then not making it, releasing the game 4 years after the trailer.

Anyway like I said in the relevent thread, I firmly believe TGS is where we will know the fate of GT6. If it's shown there, it could be a PS3 game. If we don't see anything at TGS then it really is too late and it's a PS4 game.

I agree...

There's no reason PD shouldn't finish implementing features for GT6 (if it's a ps4 game), since they're having more time to catch up.

True but I think after the debacle of GT5 Sony and/or PD have decided they're not going to say or show anything until they're 100%, absolutely sure it's going to be ready to go when they say it is, not long after. They want to avoid releasing a trailer a couple of years before the planned release then not making it, releasing the game 4 years after the trailer.

Anyway like I said in the relevent thread, I firmly believe TGS is where we will know the fate of GT6. If it's shown there, it could be a PS3 game. If we don't see anything at TGS then it really is too late and it's a PS4 game.

As I posted on that thread, I am supremely confident Gran Turismo 6 will not be at TGS in any shape or form.

Though that doesn't confirm GT6 will be on ps3 or ps4, because that depends on Sony's decision on when to announce and to release the PS4, as it isn't necessarily at the same time as the xbox720, and a new console does not come with the consequence of moving all franchises to it immediately (actually it never happens).

As I posted on that thread, I am supremely confident Gran Turismo 6 will not be at TGS in any shape or form.

Though that doesn't confirm GT6 will be on ps3 or ps4, because that depends on Sony's decision on when to announce and to release the PS4, as it isn't necessarily at the same time as the xbox720, and a new console does not come with the consequence of moving all franchises to it immediately (actually it never happens).

Why are you so confident? Based on what, exactly?

As for the PS4, most industry people expect it to be announced at E3 2013 and so do I. They're not going to announce a new console and then announce their biggest franchise has a new game....on the old console. It makes no sense.

Why are you so confident? Based on what, exactly?

As for the PS4, most industry people expect it to be announced at E3 2013 and so do I. They're not going to announce a new console and then announce their biggest franchise has a new game....on the old console. It makes no sense.

That's probably what I'd expect anyways I mean it's been almost 10 years since PS3 was first announced, and right now I think sony realizes that people haven't had enough of PS3 yet to move on.

At least I know I haven't.

As far as Sony announcing stuff it isn't the first time they or anyone else has messed up like that. They could have far worse blunders than that you've described Simon K like the BS that happened during E3 05/06 I forget which one talking about how we Americans had money to buy PS3 and whatever.

GT6 is going to be on ps3. Think bout it seriously. GT1 and GT2 PsOne GT3 and GT4 PS2 GT5 and ???(soon to be GT6) on ps3 and so on. I think you should get the deal by now.

eminembeastfan2
GT6 is going to be on ps3. Think bout it seriously. GT1 and GT2 PsOne GT3 and GT4 PS2 GT5 and ???(soon to be GT6) on ps3 and so on. I think you should get the deal by now.

That doesnt guarantee it will be on ps3.

I'd say it does. Want to know why? Kaz has pretty much confirmed GT6 will be on PS3 himself.

How? Before we actually got DLC and Kaz was asked if we'd get DLC he said that they had not decided yet whether to release new content as DLC for GT5 or hold it back for GT6.

Implication? GT6 must be a PS3 game as this content must be workable on either GT5 of GT6.

Second reason. Kaz also said we would not have to wait as long for GT6 as we did for GT5.

Why does this confirm GT5 is on PS3? Because Kaz has also said that PD throw away all their code and start again from scratch when they start on a new generation. Therefore he couldn't possibly have said that if he knew his team had to write a new game engine on new hardware.

But words goes with the wind...

We never know. All said here is just pure speculation. Even things that i said myself.

Foxiol
But words goes with the wind...

We never know. All said here is just pure speculation. Even things that i said myself.

Where are Amar's bird tamers and the winds when you need them?

It's not set in stone it will be on PS3, but it better be for PD's sake.

Just because a few people can fork over $300-$600 or more worth of cash for PS4 plus $60 for the game itself, and extra doesn't mean everyone can.

Plus GT5 left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth mine included. I know I had a thread talking about how I gave the game a 8.5 out 10, but just damn that game was a lot worse then I thought.

Where are Amar's bird tamers and the winds when you need them?

I guess you can find them in the "exclusive Premium area" of GTPlanet where mortals like me and others can´t see anything. :dopey:

But also i guess that they know as much as you and me by now.

That´s why we have the news section with Jordan updating it with those little whispers that come with the wind time to time. ;)

xD

That doesnt guarantee it will be on ps3.
Oh yes it does just like the IPOD touch they make every new ipod touch once a new Iphone come outs 3rd gen touch 3G iphone, 4th gen touch 4th iphone, 5gen touch 5th iphone. They don't make Ipod touch for the extra Iphone like 3gs and 4s so they won't make a 6th gen Itouch unless Iphone 6 comes out,

eminembeastfan2
Oh yes it does just like the IPOD touch they make every new ipod touch once a new Iphone come outs 3rd gen touch 3G iphone, 4th gen touch 4th iphone, 5gen touch 5th iphone. They don't make Ipod touch for the extra Iphone like 3gs and 4s so they won't make a 6th gen Itouch unless Iphone 6 comes out,

That has nothing to do with consoles.

eminembeastfan2
I am just giving an example I never said the Iphone was a console and yes it is. Its a handheld gaming console/ phone.

No need to split hairs my comment was more directed that the movement of mobiles cant be related to consoles.

I'd say it does. Want to know why? Kaz has pretty much confirmed GT6 will be on PS3 himself.

How? Before we actually got DLC and Kaz was asked if we'd get DLC he said that they had not decided yet whether to release new content as DLC for GT5 or hold it back for GT6.

Implication? GT6 must be a PS3 game as this content must be workable on either GT5 of GT6.

Second reason. Kaz also said we would not have to wait as long for GT6 as we did for GT5.

Why does this confirm GT5 is on PS3? Because Kaz has also said that PD throw away all their code and start again from scratch when they start on a new generation. Therefore he couldn't possibly have said that if he knew his team had to write a new game engine on new hardware.

Cars and tracks are just 3D models, they can be put into any game. Code is irrelevant.

3D models are 3D models, they had to have come from some kind of program on a computer, they can be adapted to virtually any system, they're not bound to the PS3.

I'm really kinda hoping it will be on PS3, but that's just me...:)

Just been researching PS4 news, and found this site. Sorry if it has already been linked. :guilty:
http://www.ps4playstation4.com/ps4-release-date-countdown-begins

Interesting that the second paragraph states....
Although we've yet to see what the PS3 can fully do when really put through its paces (in fact Sony states that games currently on the market are not even close to pushing the system to its full potential),
I read that as saying that not even GT5 has pushed it to the limit???

So, in my purely uneducated, unqualified opinion, I would say there is room for a more refined GT6 to be played out, on the PS3. :)

Cars and tracks are just 3D models, they can be put into any game. Code is irrelevant.

How is the game code irrelevant? You think they spend months developing for a second game on one generation and then scrapping it to start again from scratch on a new system?

When they started development of GT6 did they do it on PS4 dev kit? If so where is the PS4?

If they started it on PS3 Dev kit then why would you lose all that code to start again.

How is the game code irrelevant? You think they spend months developing for a second game on one generation and then scrapping it to start again from scratch on a new system?

When they started development of GT6 did they do it on PS4 dev kit? If so where is the PS4?

If they started it on PS3 Dev kit then why would you lose all that code to start again.

When PD talked about DLC they were talking about tracks and cars. When they model tracks and cars they are virtually independent of any building of a game. They're just 3D models that you or I could create and then place into a game. In this case they could place them into a PS3 GT game or a PS4 GT game. The only difference is what LOD versions they include.

As for what they started doing two years ago and on what, well who knows. My best theory is that when Kaz said they were working on GT6 already he meant simply that more cars and tracks were being created with GT6 in mind, assets. They would have also started planning their game out. They may not have had a dev kit two years ago but they would have known roughly what they were aiming for and could work on the base of the game, planning. But remember Kaz said for GT5 60% of dev time was spent purely modelling cars.

Then, whenever they received the PS4 dev kit, they then begun actually working on the game/code.

That is my best guess, anyway.

However you also have to remember this is PD. They certainly could have started on a PS3 game then scrapped it for whatever reason and started again on a PS4 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back