5 reasons GT6 is a PS4 game

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 709 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden
GOTHEBURG
1: To get a good start of PS4, GT6 is going to make the ps4 a sucess in sales which Sony needs with todays big moneylosses.
2: GT5 is as good as it gets on todays consoles, to get something worth called GT6 it needs more horsepower. PS4 will bring that.
3: Since they starting to talk about GT6 it means we are about 1.5 - 2 years away from the finished game. Perfect for a ps4 launch.
4: With early PS4 launch there is time left in PS4 lifespan to launch GT7 if needed
5: The game needs new incomebase, that means competition with prizes on more regular case than today. For that there needs to be better network and gamestability + rules. PS4 can handle that.

For me this is enough to convince me it is a PS4 title and it should be a PS4 launchgame.
The timing should be perfect too...with GT5 getting its final update + some new DLC to keep fans playing for a year or two.

They should just give us an HD remake of GT4 to keep us busy for a year and a half...

What you have said is nothing new worthy of it's own thread, there are plenty of threads discussing this matter.

Your reasoning makes way to many assumptions.

I would be very surprised if GT6 is a PS4 launch title; GT5 was expensive to make (Don't see why GT6 wouldn't be any different, especially if the rumor is true that PD is looking at scanning a lot more real world tracks), and this is a flagship series for Sony. They are not going to launch it with the PS4 because the userbase will not be big enough yet to move enough copies to make a profit on the game.

Maybe a year after the PS4 launches, at the earliest, but not before then. If I had to guess about earlier software releases, I would say it's going to work similar to the PS3, where Sony will use the launch to establish brand new I.P.

They should just give us an HD remake of GT4 to keep us busy for a year and a half...

That's exactly what GT5 was though.

How could GT6 be for PS4 when they just started to give out dev kits this year? We would have to wait a LONG time if it was for PS4.

I find it a little ridiculous that nearly everyone talk about PS4 as if Sony had confirmed that it's coming. They haven't and I'm quite confident that the PS3 still has some years left. Some say that new consoles are overdue when comparing the gap between PS2 and PS3 but it's important to remember that games also take much longer to develop nowadays. We all know the story with GT5 but remember how the last console generation had three major Grand Theft Auto releases within just four years? Then look at this console generation and we only have one major Grand Theft Auto title so far and the fortcoming successor has taken +4 years to develop.

I'd expect GT6 as a PS3 release in november 2013. Yamauchi said that this game will not require as much time to develop as we might expect and who knows how much content they didn't include in GT5 in order to save it for a more polished and refined GT6?

Last edited:
That's exactly what GT5 was though.

Did you ever play GT4? It's completely different. The A-Spec mode has more variety, the GT Mode display is much better, the car selection is better, no standards, and in total, there is more difficulty.

1: To get a good start of PS4, GT6 is going to make the ps4 a sucess in sales which Sony needs with todays big moneylosses.
2: GT5 is as good as it gets on todays consoles, to get something worth called GT6 it needs more horsepower. PS4 will bring that.
3: Since they starting to talk about GT6 it means we are about 1.5 - 2 years away from the finished game. Perfect for a ps4 launch.
4: With early PS4 launch there is time left in PS4 lifespan to launch GT7 if needed
5: The game needs new incomebase, that means competition with prizes on more regular case than today. For that there needs to be better network and gamestability + rules. PS4 can handle that.

For me this is enough to convince me it is a PS4 title and it should be a PS4 launchgame.
The timing should be perfect too...with GT5 getting its final update + some new DLC to keep fans playing for a year or two.

Your #2 is worthy of a facepalm seriously if GT5 is the best PD got they have way more problems then anyone knew about.

Just got done playing Batman Arkham Asylum(Awesome game) and it felt like the game was complete and it also feels as though that was the best the PS3 could give us over anything GT5 claims.

Until I see a GT game as breathtaking as Uncharted 2, Batman(both games), and many others I say their just talking out of their as* far as I'm concerend.

Yeah, except they started to talk about and work on GT6 before GT5 even launched.lol

Isn't there a new PS3 coming out soon? That would be perfect to sell with GT6, and I'm pretty sure Sony may have that planned out as well. So no crazy PS4. :sly:

Isn't there a new PS3 coming out soon? That would be perfect to sell with GT6, and I'm pretty sure Sony may have that planned out as well. So no crazy PS4. :sly:

Thats just a super slim to cut costs as much as they can before ps4 release, ps2 slim never needed to go smaller as was cheap enough to make before ps3 release anyway. Its got similar stuff to the Slim but a flip top lid like ps2slim. Shown at gamescon i think :?

Mulan

1.-I won't buy a PS4 right after its released, and I think many, many, many millions won't get it right at the begining

2.- GT5 is ****, and how is it as good as it gets if pretty much any other game this generation and even some from the past generation just rape it.

3.-They are not starting to talk about GT6, the started way back 2010, Do you have an official release date for the PS4? how do you know it's gonna be released in 2 years?

4.- True

5.- We know nothing about PS4, you're just assuming

2.- GT5 is ****, and how is it as good as it gets if pretty much any other game this generation and even some from the past generation just rape it.

GT5 is not 🤬, it is just sub par compared to what GT fans normally expect. From someone who had never played a single GT game before, I think they would be amazed.

Mulan

With the new slim PS3 coming along Sony will make more money per PS3 Slim sold then PS4 with it's cutting edge tech. PS4 will not make big profits for Sony, at least not early on. A new, slim cheaper PS3 will though

Mulan

Better graphics? GT5's graphics are amazing as they are, save a few technical gremlins.

Mulan

Most game companies announce new games around 12 months before they release them. But PD isn't most game companies, unfortunately.

Mulan

This is just funny. GT6 needs to be a launch title so PD has time to release GT7 within the 5-6 year lifespan of PS4? I think people are too accepting of PD's ridiculous time tables...

Mulan

Nothing means more income then releasing GT5 on the PS3.

If someone, somewhere had said something about the PS4 at all I might be inclined to believe this. But the only people I ever hear talking about PS4 are users on this website. No blogs (aside from rampant speculation), no Sony Reps, no leaked info or pictures, no nothing. So this isn't a "reason".

You don't know that (unless you work for PD or Sony or some other major video game company). Not a "reason" unless you have proof.

Like others have pointed out, they started to talk about GT6 before GT5 was out. And considering that there have been numerous things that have been shown or talked about that never showed up in GT5, I'm willing to bet they intentionally left out a plethora (I say plethora but I don't actually know, just guessing here) of content to bolster GT6 later on. I reference Rhys Millen talking about getting up Pikes Peak in GT5, shots of El Capitan and another race track, the icons on the website showing various tracks that are not in the game and little things like what looked like an RM'd Mini Cooper appearing in one of the demos but then nothing like it showing up in GT5 as well as the disappearance of the Sienna Kart track. Heck I'm willing to bet there's a small game's worth of content sitting on PD's servers that's been there for a few years waiting to get implemented.

So there's a very nice chance that we'll see another GT title on PS3.

Let's start talking about a tangible PS4, then any PS4 launch, let alone an early one.

No it can't, because it doesn't exist. That makes the rest of "reason" number 5 a bunch of hot air.

While it's been a year, the last I heard of PS4 was that Sony was assembling some developers to talk about what the hardware should include. They were in the earliest of conceptual stages. GT6 on the other hand is 2+ years into development. Why would PD bother making a game for a system who's hardware specs may not even be finalized right now? Talk about wasting time.

Last edited:
No it can't, because it doesn't exist. That makes the rest of "reason" number 5 a bunch of hot air.

While it's been a year, the last I heard of PS4 was that Sony was assembling some developers to talk about what the hardware should include. They were in the earliest of conceptual stages. GT6 on the other hand is 2+ years into development. Why would PD bother making a game for a system who's hardware specs may not even be finalized right now? Talk about wasting time.

Not to burst your bubble but it does, Code name Orbis does and its not far away. Sony has a spec and a kit to give Developer to design new game modes. They just need time to finalise there coding for the next XMB etc and designs and manufacturing and the Updated PSN to go with it all. Next year will end up being the last hurra for the PS3 i think with 2014 Q3 being PS4 release. and XBOX Durango at the same time.

The whole point of a Dev Kit is that its as close to the final System as possible (spec wise) and since both sony and microsoft have release next gen dev kits to developers, GT6 will most likely go to next gen, just like next COD, Assassins creed (after 3), Uncharted, Battlefield etc. They'll all have kits and be working on the future. Given that GT5 lasted 2+ years, why release on a Dieing system, Release on launch and keep that going instead.....

Not to burst your bubble but it does, Code name Orbis does and its not far away. Sony has a spec and a kit to give Developer to design new game modes. They just need time to finalise there coding for the next XMB etc and designs and manufacturing and the Updated PSN to go with it all. Next year will end up being the last hurra for the PS3 i think with 2014 Q3 being PS4 release. and XBOX Durango at the same time.

The whole point of a Dev Kit is that its as close to the final System as possible (spec wise) and since both sony and microsoft have release next gen dev kits to developers, GT6 will most likely go to next gen, just like next COD, Assassins creed (after 3), Uncharted, Battlefield etc. They'll all have kits and be working on the future. Given that GT5 lasted 2+ years, why release on a Dieing system, Release on launch and keep that going instead.....

To be specific, what I meant is that the PS4 does not exist in the capacity that he knows what it can and cannot handle.

Hyped
GT5 is not 🤬, it is just sub par compared to what GT fans normally expect. From someone who had never played a single GT game before, I think they would be amazed.

No, it seriously is garbage compared to any racing game, OPEN you eyes!, If you only play GT5, then of course is going to be the best, but play other games and you'll see what I mean.

No, I think it seriously is garbage compared to any racing game, OPEN you eyes!, If you only play GT5, then of course is going to be the best, but play other games and you'll see what I mean.

I fixed that for you. For a second there it sounded like you were stating opinion as fact.

I've got beef with #2. Gran turismo would look amazing with current graphics if it were consistent. Gt6 on ps3 could be just amazing if it were consistent, consistent car quality, consistent track quality, better car list, better track list, customization, and various other things could make gt6 heavenly without improving the graphics at all. I'm perfectly fine with the great graphics gt5 has, just drive a premium on the ring, it's fantastic as long as there's no standards.

Im asuming Gt5 will get a larger track/car update. Theese cars will show up in gt6 too. So gt5 will still benefit of gt6 development. There is no need for a Gt6 on ps3 as long as they release a major addon. That + current dlc will make gt5 last a long time still. Many say there were more releases on ps2. Sure but then they didnt release updates through internet.
And if Kaz was to say a date or a year then he would aknowledge when ps4 is released so he cant say anything.

Im asuming Gt5 will get a larger track/car update. Theese cars will show up in gt6 too. So gt5 will still benefit of gt6 development. There is no need for a Gt6 on ps3 as long as they release a major addon. That + current dlc will make gt5 last a long time still. Many say there were more releases on ps2. Sure but then they didnt release updates through internet.
And if Kaz was to say a date or a year then he would aknowledge when ps4 is released so he cant say anything.

Highly doubt it.

Snaeper
If someone, somewhere had said something about the PS4 at all I might be inclined to believe this. But the only people I ever hear talking about PS4 are users on this website. No blogs (aside from rampant speculation), no Sony Reps, no leaked info or pictures, no nothing. So this isn't a "reason".

We have rumours, statements and Sony said that they'll work on PS4 games. And we have a PS staff page and he said that he works on the Next Gen Playstation since 2010. He edited the post after it was public.

We have already some threads. For example:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260316

Last edited:
GT5 is a 2007 PD(not other developers) game. I played Prologue months age for the first time & i shocked! its models & tracks have same quality as GT5 , its a solid 60fps game , its shadow are better than GT5 , its loadings are much more faster than GT5 and ...
Take a look at differences between Uncharted 1 & Uncharted 3 and you can see what GT6 should be. I believe in PD , they have a black magic in terms of graphics & we saw that magic in GT1,2,3,4 & even 5:Prologue. GT4 was a 60fps game with outstanding tracks & car models on a 2000 hardware (PS2) but i dont know why they did this with GT5. it was brilliant in some aspects like car models , lighting , some tracks , animations , ... , but it wasnt a GT (only in term of graphics) that i want from PD & i hope they can reach our expectations in GT6.

We have rumours, statements and Sony said that they'll work on PS4 games. And we have a PS staff page and he said that he works on the Next Gen Playstation since 2010. He edited the post after it was public.

We have already some threads. For example:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260316

That link proves nothing, in case you were trying to prove something by sharing it. It did have a nice post by a user who was crunching some numbers and predicts a 2013 GT release, and since a PS4 would've been teased by now (if it was releasing in 2013), I'm assuming we'll see the PS4 in 2014, which makes it a year late to the party.

But even that was using lots of if's, and's and but's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back