5 reasons GT6 is a PS4 game

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 709 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents... GT6 will come out for PS3. But who really knows.... The only way to make money off console games is sales (and for some, DLC). Playstation consoles are pretty expensive, especially when they're new. If they released GT6 for the PS4, they wouldn't get the raw numbers they would see if released for PS3. PS3 is already in millions of homes. It will take too much time for PS4 to get in enough homes to make it feasible

My 2 cents... GT6 will come out for PS3. But who really knows.... The only way to make money off console games is sales (and for some, DLC). Playstation consoles are pretty expensive, especially when they're new. If they released GT6 for the PS4, they wouldn't get the raw numbers they would see if released for PS3. PS3 is already in millions of homes. It will take too much time for PS4 to get in enough homes to make it feasible

This. :sly: +1

Here's 5 reasons for ya:

1. You don't know
2. You don't know
3. You don't know
4. You don't know
5. You don't know

:dopey:

PS4 can be cheaper, they can get money from Playstation Plus. This is important that they follow Microsoft. Because if you migrate to that system you start paying subscriptions and downloading games for that system. To start doing it on two systems will be expensive. See it as Apple, they bind people to their apps and other accessories that people buy next Iphone just to keep their investment in apps.
This is a good reason to release PS4 same time as the new Xbox. Selling content will be lucrative and making it even more possible to sell the hardware with a bigger loss. And even if your PS3(4) is broken and you have to buy new console you will stick to the same console just to keep your online games and software, emigrating will be harder and harder to do.
As for GT6, after new DLC and update to 2.08 i belive it will be a PS4 game. DLC and further patches will keep GT5 well ahead of any competition so Sony has no need to release a new game for the PS3.

Selling content will be lucrative and making it even more possible to sell the hardware with a bigger loss.
After the complete financial disaster that was the PS3 launch (and first couple of years of its life), I'm not seeing Sony being too eager to redo from a unit cost perspective, except they lose even more money per console, under the exact same pretext that they did it last time. Particularly not when Sony as a whole is in considerably worse financial shape now than the were in 2006.

As for GT6, after new DLC and update to 2.08 i belive it will be a PS4 game.
Thanks+if+you+don+t+say+it+I+wouldn+t+get+it+_5f9e1c8635920bccd8c65dcac41264f6.png

Last edited:
As for GT6, after new DLC and update to 2.08 i belive it will be a PS4 game. DLC and further patches will keep GT5 well ahead of any competition so Sony has no need to release a new game for the PS3.

BOOOORING. It's nice that GT5 is getting a new update and DLC, but that caused to much drama from just the DLC itself and GT5 needs to be put down, its getting old now. We need GT6 on the PS3 as a new fresh game, and since we won't see the PS4 till 2015 *chuckles* PS3 is the only choice to choose it on at this point.

Besides, Sony lost a ton a money. You really expect they'll release a $1000 dollar console and expect people to buy them? My ass they would. Not even GT6 would save them. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
BOOOORING. It's nice that GT5 is getting a new update and DLC, but that caused to much drama from just the DLC itself and GT5 needs to be put down, its getting old now. We need GT6 on the PS3 as a new fresh game, and since we won't see the PS4 till 2015 *chuckles* PS3 is the only choice to choose it on at this point.

Besides, Sony lost a ton a money. You really expect they'll release a $1000 dollar console and expect people to buy them? My ass they would. Not even GT6 would save them. :lol::lol::lol:

But the only points you can make that attempt to prove that it will be on PS3 are basesd on assumptions. Why would it take that long for the PS4? Who says it will be ridiculously expensive?

Who says it will be ridiculously expensive?
That was in response to Mulan claiming that Sony could design the PS4 so it loses them even more money per unit sold than the PS3 (which, for the record, cost about $300 more than they sold them for) and then make it all up on the backend.

There is a reason they go for a 10 year lifespan. Somewhere they start earning. And why shouldnt ps4 cost 1000$, iphone 5 cost the same (in sweden) and that will last you 2 years. Sony cant and i hope wont make the same misstake as releasing ps3. Late after xbox and no good games to support it in the start. Ps4 hopefully will go for being a performance machine, being the only thing you need connected to the screen to surf, watch movies (stream and bluray), playing music and gaming. Remember, sony will release a gamingservice so you can play the games through internet, no need to buy the game (subscription). I belive ps4 will support this.

And why shouldnt ps4 cost 1000$
Because Sony can't afford to lose that much money again. They simply can not. They don't have the dominance of the industry that they had going into the PS3 and they don't have financial strength that they did then either. In fact, they've been hemorrhaging money for the past 5 years now.

Sony cant and i hope wont make the same misstake as releasing ps3.
Sony releasing a PS4 system that costs a thousand dollars to manufacture is the definition of them repeating the mistakes from the PS3.

Remember, sony will release a gamingservice so you can play the games through internet, no need to buy the game (subscription).
Oh? When did they announce this?

Because Sony can't afford to lose that much money again. They simply can not. They don't have the dominance of the industry that they had going into the PS3 and they don't have financial strength that they did then either. In fact, they've been hemorrhaging money for the past 5 years now.

Sony releasing a PS4 system that costs a thousand dollars to manufacture is the definition of them repeating the mistakes from the PS3.

Oh? When did they announce this?

They didn't announce anything like that.

Production cost and power wise it's obvious GT6 will be a PS4 title. GT6 needs MORE horsepowers to finish what GT5 should have been: a perfect game.

AA, no more flickering and low def shadows, much better and richer sound engine, better physics, better dynamic weather for all tracks, better collision and damage engine, more premium cars, more cars on tracks... all these combined, the PS3 would NEVER be able to deliver. The PS3 was already on its knees for GT5: all the technical graphic glitch, Low def SFX, poor damages were there because of this obvious lack of power.

They didn't announce anything like that.

yep. Mulan makes up a lot of things he posts, if not all really. Every single of his posts I've read is just facepalm after facepalm after facepalm.
And he is like 10 years behind the times. Reading him is a trip back to the past.

There is a reason they go for a 10 year lifespan. Somewhere they start earning. And why shouldnt ps4 cost 1000$, iphone 5 cost the same (in sweden) and that will last you 2 years. Sony cant and i hope wont make the same misstake as releasing ps3. Late after xbox and no good games to support it in the start. Ps4 hopefully will go for being a performance machine, being the only thing you need connected to the screen to surf, watch movies (stream and bluray), playing music and gaming. Remember, sony will release a gamingservice so you can play the games through internet, no need to buy the game (subscription). I belive ps4 will support this.

$1000 iphone 5? Who buys phones off-contract, they're $200-300, depends on the carrier, the majority I would assume purchase it this way. How do u compare a necessity in life (cell phones) with a hobby (gaming)?

urmie
$1000 iphone 5? Who buys phones off-contract, they're $200-300, depends on the carrier, the majority I would assume purchase it this way. How do u compare a necessity in life (cell phones) with a hobby (gaming)?

I have asked this same question and his answers have been somewhat cryptic.

PS4 can be cheaper, they can get money from Playstation Plus. This is important that they follow Microsoft. Because if you migrate to that system you start paying subscriptions and downloading games for that system. To start doing it on two systems will be expensive. See it as Apple, they bind people to their apps and other accessories that people buy next Iphone just to keep their investment in apps.
This is a good reason to release PS4 same time as the new Xbox. Selling content will be lucrative and making it even more possible to sell the hardware with a bigger loss. And even if your PS3(4) is broken and you have to buy new console you will stick to the same console just to keep your online games and software, emigrating will be harder and harder to do.

To the point in bold.
Do you see this as Sony making money?
I have purchased 1 PS3 yet I am on my 9th console all courtesy of Sony.
They even replaced one of their replacments 17months after the warranty had expired. Now before you tell me that it was mighty good of them to replace everyone of my faulty consonles they did put up a fight with the last one and only replaced it because of all the others that had gone wrong and they had a record of it.

Will I buy a ps4? Of corse I will but I will only buy one unless it get broken or damge through fault of my own and Im sure Im not the only one reading this that has only bought/owned 1 ps3.

I dont compare phone vs ps in usefullness. All can decide what they want. Though there are many other cheaper phones that do the important stuff, you can call, sms, email and facebook as the iphone 5 can. So its not only functions. And regarding payment..you can buy it on credit, monthly paymentplan for a console isnt more expensive than a modern phone. Id rather wait a year changing to new phone and buy ps4, others buy new phone and wait to buy ps4.

I dont compare phone vs ps in usefullness. All can decide what they want. Though there are many other cheaper phones that do the important stuff, you can call, sms, email and facebook as the iphone 5 can. So its not only functions. And regarding payment..you can buy it on credit, monthly paymentplan for a console isnt more expensive than a modern phone. Id rather wait a year changing to new phone and buy ps4, others buy new phone and wait to buy ps4.

I dont know how much hardware in your region generally costs, but throwing a price from 1000 $ into the discussion doesnt help. The most realistic path of the PS4 price tag would be going way under the initial price for the PS3 (600 $/€). So I think it will be more like 399 $/€ for North America and Europe. They only can justify a price up to 600 € if they include some fancy technology or an extra like the Wii U Pad or Kinect. But looking at the Wii U start, Nintendo will charge nearly the same for the Wii U as for the original Wii. Even with the new pad controller included.

jabofu
I dont know how much hardware in your region generally costs, but throwing a price from 1000 $ into the discussion doesnt help. The most realistic path of the PS4 price tag would be going way under the initial price for the PS3 (600 $/€). So I think it will be more like 399 $/€ for North America and Europe. They only can justify a price up to 600 € if they include some fancy technology or an extra like the Wii U Pad or Kinect. But looking at the Wii U start, Nintendo will charge nearly the same for the Wii U as for the original Wii. Even with the new pad controller included.

I think he got $1000 from some countrys like australia.

GT6 is going to be a PS3 game. They just announced the released of a new slimmer slim PS3 so PS4 is not coming soon. GT6 will be a lot like GT5 but with enough tracks to make your hat fall off. And it will have the Toyota 86 data tracker (that is going to be released in 2013). I think GT6 is going to be released in about a year from now, just in time for Christmas 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back