500 Cars Garage limit

• Thread starter MGTurismo
  • 115 comments
500 Cars? And the game has over 1200 cars? *Hangs head in shame* Should of just got rid of the thumbnails, or add the maximum count of 5 garages. I know its a data thing, but hell if there was a DLC to buy extra slots I`d buy it. Anyone else?

I haven't retrieved a car from the stockyard yet. What does/not save? I remember (e: incorrectly) that distance does not save to stockyard, anything else?

Last edited:
I haven't retrieved a car from the stockyard yet. What does/not save? I remember that distance does not save to stockyard, anything else?
I've had no issues with the stockyard. There's 600 ish cars in there, some tuned etc. ...all good, have retrieved many without any probs. (though I regularly back up my game saves....very regularly!!!)

I haven't retrieved a car from the stockyard yet. What does/not save? I remember that distance does not save to stockyard, anything else?

Your distance is saved. The only thing that's reset is the 'date obtained'. It will reset to the date you move a car from the stockyard to the main garage. Not a big deal for some, but could be for car collectors.

It definitely needs to go.
Damn right. :bowdown:I`d prefer to have the long loading times that we had in GT5, than to have a small garage (well...small for a game which has over 1200 cars) that we have trouble stocking all the cars in. What was PD thinking? Even if it means getting rid of the thumbnails or something, anything! Because apparently its got somet to do with pushing the PS3 to the limit, or so I`ve read in a different thread.💡 Sounds quite pointless and stupid Now but should try and get some petition to get rid of the Stockyard. Like I said... What was PD/Kaz thinking? :yuck:

I only used it once in the early days. Never had a need to use it since. Definitely not a fan, though the date resetting thing could be useful to sort my Favourites.

I once had about 150 in the stockyard, but got tired of having to crosscheck car purchases (as the stockyard cars do not show up as owned in the car buying areas.)
And that is just an example of how it has ruined the fun for us, car collectors. And the game. In my opinion.

I'm one of those people who largely bought cars as needed and was useful to the game.

eg. The S15 Silvia is a great car because it can compete in so many disciplines.

But GT5+ and the seasonals changed that.... ie. in the last few I bought pretty much all the eligible french and american cars to compete.

Yes I do wish there was a more intuitive way to group cars in garages... I feel maybe a French garage vs. American garage? And then subdivided into race and road cars (get rid of the damn tuner cars... may as well meld them back into road cars).

500 Cars? And the game has over 1200 cars? *Hangs head in shame* Should of just got rid of the thumbnails, or add the maximum count of 5 garages. I know its a data thing, but hell if there was a DLC to buy extra slots I`d buy it. Anyone else?

Do people not remember the good old days of GT2, when we had 600 cars, but only 100 slots in the garage? 500 out of 1200ish is way better than 100 out of 600.

"Next Gen GT7 will allow for a record 600 cars that are allowed to be stored in a player's garage at a time.

Genius creator Kaz Yamuchi commented in how far the series has come in terms of players Garage freedom.

'We felt that this was the next step,' Yamuchi said in an exclusive interview to IGN Japan, 'Amazing to bring GT7 into the next gen with giving our suckers... aherm... players the ability to put 100 more of our nearly 1,500 car list in their personal garages.'

GT7, slated for a Christmas... er... Holiday... 2018 release, will launch with an unprecedented lack of features and content.

Players can expect features to be added over the course of several months, new cars through the VGT 2.0 program will also be added periodically.

When asked about GT7's predecessor's GT6 still unfinished game. Yamuchi said... Course Maker coming soon.

9/10- IGN
-Not enough standard cars."

Do people not remember the good old days of GT2, when we had 600 cars, but only 100 slots in the garage? 500 out of 1200ish is way better than 100 out of 600.
This wouldn't be a problem if GT5 had a stockyard too. I'm more narked off because they brought the Garage limit down to 500 when in GT5 it had less cars but a bigger garage. I mean, logic? I would rather have the longer loading times as I always say. Even in GT4, you could have 1000. Back in the day, it wasn't a problem because we were use to it. Having 100 out of 600 cars, that felt..normal? But in GT6 it feels like we don't have much choice and some of us actually collect cars and tunes each different version of the cars, you know.. Duplicates? And anyway, like the other guy said technology had evolved! We should have the 2000 or more garage limit back, even if it means getting rid of the thumbnails and having a garage like GT4. You know what I mean? But GT2 was back in the good ol' days, we're in the future now. It sucks that we can only use not even half of the cars in GT6 at a time, just plain stupid the way I see it.

As @Wide Boy once said; 'have several different garages limited to 500 cars each', that way we'll have acces to all our cars & loading times won't be affected. Problem solved.

👍

"Next Gen GT7 will allow for a record 600 cars that are allowed to be stored in a player's garage at a time.
Genius creator Kaz Yamuchi commented in how far the series has come in terms of players Garage freedom.

'We felt that this was the next step,' Yamuchi said in an exclusive interview to IGN Japan, 'Amazing to bring GT7 into the next gen with giving our suckers... aherm... players the ability to put 100 more of our nearly 1,500 car list in their personal garages.'

GT7, slated for a Christmas... er... Holiday... 2018 release, will launch with an unprecedented lack of features and content.

Players can expect features to be added over the course of several months, new cars through the VGT 2.0 program will also be added periodically.

When asked about GT7's predecessor's GT6 still unfinished game. Yamuchi said... Course Maker coming soon.

9/10- IGN
-Not enough standard cars."

"Suckers"?
Well now I know what I am playing Gran Turismo.
Still, a seemingly happier sucker than the ones who write fiction about it. That is fiction, right, not just typos in the names?

Who else hates the stockyard? :gtpflag:

*raises hand.

I only started using the stockyard recently - always avoided it, and kept my garage limited to just under the 500 mark. The 'collecting' aspect of Gran Turismo is missing so I don't have to hold on to any cars; I can buy and sell them as freely as the game allows and not have to depend on 'Justin' popping up with new cars I didn't have, and which I had to buy and store. What we have now is a catalog of cars that we unlock via credits.
Makes the cars actually disposable.
But we like to get attached to our virtual machines - so there are cars I keep close to me - my Nardos, Lancias, Ferraris, some Fords that are so well tuned in to me, that there is no necessity to replace them with a car that I can easily buy as required.

I'm using the Stockyard now to throw in prize cars - for some strange reason I seem to have had everyone that was offered - even the Jag.
A seemingly useless preoccupation, since they are worth nothing, credit-wise.
Could this be a build up for trading' - will that feature (never spoken of) be returned to us? Who knows.
For now having a limit doesn't really affect me - but faster menu navigation through filtered sub-menus with thousands of cars would of course be an added benefit for quick load and fire.

I haven't even played the game yet but I think the 500 car garage will annoy me as I like collecting cars. It would great if you had a choice when setting up your game to have a 2k car garage but slower loading time if you wanted.

I'm finally at the point where my garage is large enough to use the stockyard more frequently. It's not ideal, but not terrible. Granted it's slow loading and saving, but it just makes me make some decisions on cars I don't really need on a regular basis.

Even if the option is longer loading times every time you access the garage?
Yep.
I would gladly sacrifice loading speed for triple the amount of garage space. The loading times in my GT5 1500+ total car garage didn't bother me at all, so neither would GT6's times.

Back