>500 to >650 to >???cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter zonekill
  • 163 comments
  • 8,013 views
phantasm
you didn't loose horsepower over time... it was b/c your oil needs changing. Once you change your oil your hp is back to full capacity. 👍

what needs to be remembered is no previous GT had enough garage space to have every incarnation of vehicle in it all at the same time. We know GT4's garage is 1000 as it was announced @ TGS... we know that b/w E3 and TGS the car count from PD went from "over 500" to "over 650". I for one have full confidence that they'll hit 1K, especially since online mode was dropped, they need that hammer to drop to quell the lack of OLR.

Wrong. After, iirc, about 550 miles, your car would lose a bit of power after gaining some from run-in, or in the case of a prize car, 320 miles (as there was no run-in for them).
 
Mukai
@Cobra: The TVR Tamora will be in. The Sagaris is just the hard tuned Version of it, isn't it?

Not even close I'm afraid.

The Tamora is TVR's 'entry level' model and considered to be the most user friendly TVR ever made, in the fact that it does not try to kill you in the wet. The Tamora is based on the Tuscan Speed Six.

Specification
Engine: 6-cylinder inline alloy engine with 4 valves per cylinder and dry sump lubrication

Capacity:
3605 cc

Max Power:
350 bhp @ 7200 rpm

Max torque:
290 ft.lbs @ 5500 rpm

0 to 60 mph:
4.4 secs

0 to 100 mph:
9.5 secs

Maximum:
175 mph




The Sagaris, a development of the T350 coupe has been designed with endurance motorsport in mind. Destined for the race tracks of the UK and Europe next year, the Sagaris is a T350 which has undergone major development to address the needs for greater aerodynamic stability and downforce.

No true figures are avaliable for the Sagaris but 400 bhp is the most often quoted figure, light weight should be assured due to its carbon fibre body.
 

Attachments

  • front_tracking2.jpg
    front_tracking2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 9-1314.jpeg
    9-1314.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
The T350 Coupe, however, is based on the Tamora platform, so they are (distantly) related :).
 
Cobra S
i love TVR's, but pretty much all the TVR's(at least the ones i found on fast-autos.net) are in GT4, except the Sagaris... however, the Sagaris looks like a shoe, IMO, and its performance isn't spectacular anyways...


but who knows, maybe they'll add it anyway :).

Yep 400bhp in a car weighing 1100kgs and a resulting power to weight ratio of 364 bhp per tonne is crap.

Lets compare with a few others

Ford GT (550bhp / 1583 kgs) - 353 bhp per tonne
Chrysler Viper (460 bhp / 1290kgs) - 362 bhp per tonne
Corvette Z06 (385 bhp / 1413kgs) - 277 bhp per tonne
Murcielago (570 bhp / 1650 kgs) - 351 bhp per tonne

I'd say if it makes production (its on hold following the recent TVR takeover) its performance will be quite spectacular.
 
SlipZtrEm
The T350 Coupe, however, is based on the Tamora platform, so they are (distantly) related :).

Quite true, but its a bloody big leap. ;)
 
tha_con
4) F1 cars were also not mentioned before the GT3 release, they were included. They are not licensed cars though, simply generic model F1 cars, there are no real life counter parts, but I am pretty sure they will appear in the game for sure.

Other than the fact that the P001 & F094/S were Senna's 1994 Williams FW16 (P001 differs slightly, in that it has a 1995 McLaren-Peugeot nosecone), the F094/H was Damon Hill's 1994 FW16B, the F090/S was Senna's 1990 McLaren MP4/5b, the P002 & F688/S (P002 again differed in that it had a different nosecone - of undetermined lineage) were Senna's 1988 McLaren MP4/4, the F687/S was Senna's 1987 Lotus 99T and the F686/M was Nigel Mansell's 1986 Williams FW11?

I see what you mean by "no real life counter parts" (sic).
 
tha_con
3) Race mods are a no show, it's been confirmed.

Where did you get this information? I am quite sure Race modifications are in the game. I'd like to see a reliable source (that rules out IGN then :dopey: ) stating that race modifications aren't in the game.
 
Mukai
@Cobra: The TVR Tamora will be in. The Sagaris is just the hard tuned Version of it, isn't it?

not sure, the body lines of the Tamora don't look like that of the Sagaris, to me..

tamora14.jpg


sagaris2.jpg
 
Just before GT3 was released, we were told that the game would have about 150 cars (the notice is still up on the US PlatStation site), but it came with about 182 and a 200 garage capacity.

So, if PD gives us the same guidline and if we start at 650 and have a garage capacity of 1,000, then we should figure a few extra vehicles will make the final cut. I doubt it will approach 1,000, though. There will be no telling how many until we open a few Christmas packages and start recording them.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
The more cars the better. 650 is good enough for me, since only about 400 have been confirmed, that still leaves us with at least 250. But if PD wants to go over 650, which i'm sure they'll do, well be my guest!
 
Cobra S
not sure, the body lines of the Tamora don't look like that of the Sagaris, to me..

tamora14.jpg


sagaris2.jpg
Except that from the cut of the door - back they're identical and the contour of the hood line is the same just below the windshield.
 
Im thinking abuot 667 :dopey: . I hope they put at least one version of the Pontiac Firebird / Trans Am in it. preferable a 1998+ version
y_pray.gif
 
I do know Bathurst was used my 2 different companies when it first came out of race driver 1..was owned by codemasters and EA Games...who did the game V8 challenge..I'll just go back praying to my racing gods!!! just give the god dam falcon ok....
fte
 
Famine
Other than the fact that the P001 & F094/S were Senna's 1994 Williams FW16 (P001 differs slightly, in that it has a 1995 McLaren-Peugeot nosecone), the F094/H was Damon Hill's 1994 FW16B, the F090/S was Senna's 1990 McLaren MP4/5b, the P002 & F688/S (P002 again differed in that it had a different nosecone - of undetermined lineage) were Senna's 1988 McLaren MP4/4, the F687/S was Senna's 1987 Lotus 99T and the F686/M was Nigel Mansell's 1986 Williams FW11?

I see what you mean by "no real life counter parts" (sic).

What I ment was there are no sponsored true to live F1 cars, the are modeled cars with generic adverts. on them etc, but the REAL counterparts of these F1 cars are already licenesed therefore they are not in the GT series. :)
 
Hey makes since right? If they take out the online mode, that makes space on the disk right? Well, what better way to fill in on that than to surprise us with some new stuff. I'm sure November will be they're month to get a few surprises in. As for that list, I don't believe it. We have to think.

How much space did the online mode take up?
How much space do the cars take up?
How much space do the tracks take up?
How many cars will fit in?

IF we knew these answers, we might have been able to guess how many more cars there would be added. Just have to wait and see.

AS ALWAYS. :)
 
Online mode would have consisted of nothing more than the code and the menu interface, it did not take up that much space. I believe they always planned to release lots of cars, but due to the online problem, they simply bumped up their "projected number" so it would add a bit more hype with the bad news, and when they release the game with more than 650 cars, people will be happy for the most part and forget about online play.
 
That Tamora looks like a younger brother of the alluring Griffith. And that Sagaris looks a little overaggressive to me. I think in the past, I said it was pretty ugly and looked too much like a tuner car. But of course, it isn't- in fact, it's for real. And not to offend older people, but the front of it looks old and wrinkly at the front. The little rear spoiler give it that "stock" car look. Only thing is, it's not made for Talladega and Daytona. It's made for Monza and Brands Hatch.

Maybe this hasn't been mentioned, but I'm going to "read between the lines" of McLaren F1 GTR's Post #75, page 4. McLaren (F1 GTR) mentioned this question: "How much space did the online mode take up?" I'm going to challenge that statement. If GT4 features 650 cars as said at the Tokyo Game Show, do you think that this factor may determine if PD will make a surprise and add more cars? I'm not saying that Ferrari, Porsche, and/or Lamborghini will be in the game (personally, I'd like that rather rare McLaren F1 GT), but would more cars (and maybe a new track or two) be very nice "compensation" for all of the space needed for worldwide online play? If the car count at TGS was believed to be 650 cars/80 manufacturers, how many more cars would or could be added to further satisfy the wants of Gran Turismo gameplayers?
 
Jedi2016
I remember you could get Mark Martin's Winston Cup paint job if you race-modded the Taurus. That was pretty neat (I was a big Winston Cup fan at the time).


👎 👎 👎 with nascar :crazy:

sorry.. just my opinion :dopey:
 
(I want these added to the TVR's already in GT4!)
1981 TVR Tasmin
1970 TVR Vixen
2005 TVR Typhon
2003 TVR T440R
2005 TVR Sagaris
 
Adam_b24
some comapny just puts some stickers on the side, does the suspension, wheels and tires, body kit and slaps on a turbo and its a new edition, like who cares.

Adam_b24
It would be alot more meaningful if they put a...MACH 1, SVT, Cobra, etc

a few pages late, but this was too funny to pass up.

Ford is king of new color+new wheel = new 'edition'.

If the array of mustang badges that are slapped on different wheel, paint, and suspension combos aren't enough, How about a Kona or Sony edition focus to top it off?
 
JohnBM01
Multiple cars in a GT game won't exceed 1,000 unless a PlayStation disk is able to hold a terrabyte (meaning, much more than 1,000 gigabytes)

6 gig = 650 cars, so it takes a terrabyte to hold 1500?

brilliant.
 
I remember you could get Mark Martin's Winston Cup paint job if you race-modded the Taurus. That was pretty neat (I was a big Winston Cup fan at the time).


Does a Taurus share any components with its NASCAR equivalent?

- i always wondered how you could turn a road going Taurus into a Winston Cup car by race modding it in GT2!
 
ha - only the badge :)

actually, not even the badge, because NASCAR version is a decal (or perhaps painted on) and the road going vesion is a medal emblem.

in GT2, the car was still the original unibody FWD V6 car after the race mod, not the tube-frame RWD v8 configuration of the NASCAR>
 
Greyout
a few pages late, but this was too funny to pass up.

Ford is king of new color+new wheel = new 'edition'.

If the array of mustang badges that are slapped on different wheel, paint, and suspension combos aren't enough, How about a Kona or Sony edition focus to top it off?

that was too great...are you the same greyout from ap.com and h-t.com?
 
ahh...good company then. Just had to check, lol, you've helped me many a time with my lude, so gracias...she's being a PITA now though...I'm going to end up rebuilding or just tearing down and restoring a lot of stuff...I'm having fuel problems *sniff* ah well. Cool to see someone I know tho, lol.
 
I haven't posted on AP in quite a while, I guess I should have shared my recent findings for those who wanted a budget setup.

I just got a F-series block running with an H-series head. The oil passages aren't an exact match (kinda like a kid trying to shove a square peg in a round hole) but I've put a couple hundred miles on it with no prob.

It just serves as a daily driver, but I had a H23 head laying around and 1 cam is always better then two :) so if anyone with an F22 lude on AP asks, it can be done.

If you want my $0.02 on whatever trouble you're having, PM me on this board, I check this a lot more then AP.
 
Well, I mentioned the "terrabyte" thing so that the CPU can operate and read all of the data and such on a DVD-ROM. If the game had a 5 or 10 TB capacity, let me tell you something. GT4 would include Le Mans and have more than 10 cars on track (Le Mans 24 Hours had as many as 20 or 24 on a track, and Le Mans was a blast). So as much as high capacity would be nice, the PlayStation 2 would have to use up all that space and access all that data with a more-than-capable processor to make it all work. All I know is that with the PS3 still in the works, you can only imagine what the PS3 would be like as well as GT5. But we can save that for about maybe... 1-5 years.
 
John

So let's say it takes 10,000 gigabytes of game data to allow for 10 cars to race on Le Mans in the virtual world at once.

And yet a 4.7 GB GT4 disc can run the Nurb (a much longer race track) with 6 cars at once.

So by your rationalle, GT4 should instead surprise us by being on a 6,000 gigabyte (6 terabyte) disc. A single disc. Or, if they capably stick with today's more realistic technology, GT4 will ship with 1,277 DVD's each (6,000 / 4.7).

Do explain your numerology, please.
 
JohnBM01
Well, I mentioned the "terrabyte" thing so that the CPU can operate and read all of the data and such on a DVD-ROM. If the game had a 5 or 10 TB capacity, let me tell you something. GT4 would include Le Mans and have more than 10 cars on track (Le Mans 24 Hours had as many as 20 or 24 on a track, and Le Mans was a blast). So as much as high capacity would be nice, the PlayStation 2 would have to use up all that space and access all that data with a more-than-capable processor to make it all work. All I know is that with the PS3 still in the works, you can only imagine what the PS3 would be like as well as GT5. But we can save that for about maybe... 1-5 years.

lol, don't get yourself lost in your own technology beliefs...I'll make it simple.

It doesn't take a huge amount of space to store a car. And online mode did not take up a lot of space, if any at all.

PS3 will run on the 30GB disc, called the BluRay.

Size of disc does not effect the performance of the game, at all. It's all about how large the data stream is from the laser, and how fast the processer can take the input and translate it into processed information on the screen (as the game)...so even with what you said, your crazy numbers are still crazy.

Not being rude, just trying to give you a better explanation :)

Also, I'm willing to be we'll see GT5 in 07, it will be good, but "GT6" (doubt it'll have numbers by this point in the series) will blow it away, it would be the second gen of PS3 games....and oh so nice.
 
Back