500PP British LightWeights

Golds first try in Modded 111r. First to FR me can have it with tune. 2nd and third get random Elise. Toscana great fun. Great game. Thanks PD.

Rit
@Endless-Wilso

Your problem with glare is probably due to your exposure being set to a (-)value. I like to use +0.2 to 0.4 at Toscana. Try that for a quick fix.

That actually fixed it 👍

Anyone try the the Elan its abit slow and slippery I need a tune .

I enjoyed that car 23 months ago. I golded all those races within an hour. I called you a liar, cos you said you took the lead in all races in lap 3. That is a FAT LIE.

In Grand valley and in Fuji, you did not took the lead in lap 3.

Just because you lack the ability to do it does not mean that someone else can't do it and certainly should not be called a liar! I consider myself to be a player with average ability at best and I can do it in all the races. I used the 111R '04 tuned to 500PP and with the fixed sport suspension only. No special tune was even needed.

Pretty much agree. Just did the first one, Grand Valley, after trying several times. My lap times got better until I was down to about 1:13 and nabbed the win by 0.003 over the 2nd car just at the line. Winning that way is a lot more satisfying than winning in the 3rd lap and cruising. This was in a Esprit V8 GT '98.
It is kind of funny when you see the AI twisting and turning ahead of you as if they're saying, "These cars are really hard to handle!". I've never seen that before except for the Lambos going off the track. At least the Lotuses stay on the track.
In every seasonal event that's existed (other than the Ferrari F1 of course), there have been a large handful of different cars that can win the events, and below the maximum PP level. That's because PD make sure that the races are not impossible and can be achieved in pretty much anything, so people should stop worrying about which car to use and what tune to have on said vehicles, as essentially it's your core driving skills that win the race. Concentrate on improving that rather than searching for a 'magic car and tune'.

It does sadden me to see people having to ram the AI, wall ride and cut corners because they are not willing to increase their basic skills. In that case, is there much point in owning a racing game?

Just because you lack the ability to do it does not mean that someone else can't do it and certainly should not be called a liar! I consider myself to be a player with average ability at best and I can do it in all the races. I used the 111R '04 tuned to 500PP and with the fixed sport suspension only. No special tune was even needed.

First thing: I do not lack anything. Second: Usually I finish between 300-700 in the world in every time trials (after final results) losing to winner from 1,9 to 3,3 seconds. I do consider myself better than average driver. Being able to take the lead in third lap, one must drive 3,8 seconds faster lap times first three laps in order to catch the lead in third lap. That`s why I seriously doubt the possibility of doing that. Video proof would be more than satisfying.

For the record, I just did, again, take the lead in the 3rd lap at Grand valley, just after the turn into the straight.
Lap 1/ 1.14.368
Lap 2/ 1.12.097
Lap 3/ 1.10.301

This was my second attempt just now and failed by just a few metres on my first try, although my 2nd and 3rd laps on it were 1.11.588 and 1,11.152 respectively. I think my first lap was 1.13 something but didn't record it.

I'll now try Fuji again and see if it is normal to be 1st by lap 3.

Fugu to Kaiser;

"I enjoyed that car 23 months ago. I golded all those races within an hour. I called you a liar, cos you said you took the lead in all races in lap 3. That is a FAT LIE.

In Grand valley and in Fuji, you did not took the lead in lap 3. "

~~~

Well I don't know if Kaiser did but I certainly did it again, twice for good luck, and both times took the lead in the 3rd lap before that extremely tight R/hander at the bottom left of the track map.
Lap 1 1.58.303
Lap 2 1.55.309
Lap 3 1.56.959.

My quickest lap in the 6 I just did was on my first try 1.54.641 in lap 2.

I can't see why anyone couldn't achieve this taking 1st in lap 3 as I am definitely not 'up there' when it comes to TT. I am always about 3 or 4 seconds off the pace and over 1,000 or more.

It is certainly doable, and for this test I never cut any corners.

Hi,

I've been testing my limits using a detuned Esprit Turbo HC '87 at Toscana (Tarmac) 109A.

So far I've been able to win the race at 412 PP - 199 bhp / 1197 kg
(high mileage car bought from UCD , no oil change)

mistake log
off track 6 (+5?) (of which one dodging AI car and 5 possible off tracks)
off track + wall touch 1
AI touches 0

Driving aids : ABS 1 , controller steering sensitivity 7
Controller : Sixaxis

Putting together a perfect run is pretty difficult with the blind corners and AI in the way.

lap times
1'44.240
1'40.271
1'39.765
1'39.544
1'40.363

8'24.184
Elise 190 + 0.724

1,813,760 Cr. (PDA 1,246,960)

174720 exp (PDA 120120)

MadMax

Fugu to Kaiser;

"I enjoyed that car 23 months ago. I golded all those races within an hour. I called you a liar, cos you said you took the lead in all races in lap 3. That is a FAT LIE.

In Grand valley and in Fuji, you did not took the lead in lap 3. "

~~~

Well I don't know if Kaiser did but I certainly did it again, twice for good luck, and both times took the lead in the 3rd lap before that extremely tight R/hander at the bottom left of the track map.
Lap 1 1.58.303
Lap 2 1.55.309
Lap 3 1.56.959.

My quickest lap in the 6 I just did was on my first try 1.54.641 in lap 2.

I can't see why anyone couldn't achieve this taking 1st in lap 3 as I am definitely not 'up there' when it comes to TT. I am always about 3 or 4 seconds off the pace and over 1,000 or more.

It is certainly doable, and for this test I never cut any corners.

I think this comes down to what kind of laps the AI are running. One thing I think I've noticed is that the AI they give you are somehow dependent on what car you are driving, so depending on what car you choose your competition may be stiffer or weaker which will change when you can overtake them.

I'm wondering if this is a possible explanation

Ronald, our French model, claims I am a liar. So sorry that your abilities are less than so many others here Ronald.

And I would have to prove it to you before it is accepted? Not so madam.

However I would be delighted to post my races if I knew how to. Do French models with poor racing abilities know anything about how I would go about that?

And as previously stated I am driving an Elise 111R but I am just going out and the PS is off so I can't post any more about it at the moment. It is about 298 hp and @ 500PP though and using everything including 3rd stage turbo if I recall correctly, and 200kg ballast with one of the tunes posted earlier.

Catch you later at the Cabaret, Ronbald.

I have literally spent the last 2 hours on the first race.....I've spent atleast a million dollars buying different cars/upgrades to see what works best. And I've finally won it by a 3 second margin! :D

Don´t take this personally Kaiser, but you are a big fat liar.

Why so aggro? And how do you figure anyone's "a big fat liar"?

I just did Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, and Fuji in the 111R '04 with my own tune on it, and was in first place in Lap 3 on TM and Fuji, and Lap 4 on GV with a few offs thrown in on that race, so Lap 3 seems totally do-able to me. I'm not an "alien" driver, either. I think I was in the top 1500 on the last Time Trial, so there are at least 1400-something drivers around here better than me.

Don't let yourself get slowed down by traffic or caught up in it, pick your passing zones and your lines, and don't overdrive the car. Slow down a bit, and you'll pick up speed.

Last edited:
Ronald, our French model, claims I am a liar. So sorry that your abilities are less than so many others here Ronald.

And I would have to prove it to you before it is accepted? Not so madam.

However I would be delighted to post my races if I knew how to. Do French models with poor racing abilities know anything about how I would go about that?

And as previously stated I am driving an Elise 111R but I am just going out and the PS is off so I can't post any more about it at the moment. It is about 298 hp and @ 500PP though and using everything including 3rd stage turbo if I recall correctly, and 200kg ballast with one of the tunes posted earlier.

Catch you later at the Cabaret, Ronbald.

My 111R is running 127Kg of ballast at position -50, for 49/51 weight distribution, and 277hp. Feels quite lively, but quite drivable.

I did it! :D

Finished the last race 20 seconds ahead of everybody else! Cote was problematic, but didn't take more than 1 attempt.

And it was so worth it! The car is only slightly slower than the C60, but the performance is incredible. (Steering alone)

Ronbald, lol. I shaved my head two days ago.

Ha ha, ESP. Actually it was a typo, although happy to take the credit for getting it right.

Not many bald headed French models about. You must stand out like a sore thumb, ha ha.

Now, "How to post races here", any idea?

For Ronald, in case it is his tune which is letting him/her (ha ha) down.
This tune is from here somewhere but I have made a few little changes myself.
Bought all power and weight reduction options and driveline freebies.
PP 500 298hp 959kg
H -25 -25

S 7.0 6.0

D 6 6
D 6 6
R 5 5

C 2.0 2.0
T 0.0 0.20

LSD 10 40 20

Aero 20

Ballast 200kg @ -24.

Brake 5 5

Power level 98.3.

Very ordinary gearing set to 270km/h top.

Try it Ronald and see how you go.

Just did a couple more laps for fun and took the lead again in lap 3, just after the tunnel and then near the r/h corner at the bottom, and neither races were good ones in my opinion, missed gears/line etc, (have two boys playing games next to me on the other PS and TV, anyway that's my excuse).
The last race I did 2 laps in 1.10 something seconds.
Anyway I have saved them so they are there if needed.
And I see in Replay mode that there is an Export feature, so maybe that is how to do it.
But later on anyway.

Haha, i have been doing these for a while now actually, only thought to post them up on these threads last 2 weeks though, ill make sure these appear each time from now on :)

Thanks mate. I truly appreciate you doing this.:cheers:

Made a video, hopefully can help anyone who is having trouble with this.

Great video mate. Now, I am taking 1st place in lap 3 (as others also do) and there are some here who do not believe me/us.

I have recorded (saved) a couple of ordinary runs in which I do this but do not know how to post them here to show the disbelievers.

Can you explain to me how you do it please?

Slowly clearly and precisely. Thanks in advance if you can.

Just tried Grand Valley and Trial Mountain last night, first with a Cerbera and then a T350. Best place finish was second in both with the T350, but what a hoot to drive. Getting it sideways coming through the second tunnel in Trial Mountain and squrmy climbing the hill to the start-finish line, awesome.
Have a feeling the Lotuses will be more clinical, but less fun. Will try with a 111R and an Evora tonight. Anyone won with a souped up Spitfire yet?

Thought I'd try the old Spitfire (after an engine and body rebuild and fully beefed out, including aero) at Toscana.

Grid: Elise Sport 190 98, Elan S1 62, Elise 96 & Elise 00

Came first - 609,310 Cr.
Tune:
PP 497
Full weight reduction and rear wing
Aero: 15
No Ballast
Tranny - set it to max speed 137mph(bottom box), then scroll the final gear left to 3.178 giving a max speed in top box of 159mph - just more than enough for the long straight while drafting.
Turbo - stage 3
Drivetrain upgrades to max.
LSD: 10, 40, 20 (I didn't touch this, there's probably room for improvement here, especially for reducing rear wheel spin)
Suspension
Height: -25, -20
SR 10.6, 10.2
Extension: 5, 4
Compression: 5, 4
ARB: 5, 5

camber: 1.5, 1.0
Toe: -0.20, 0.20
There is room for improvement here too, as I'm no tuning guru!!!
This tune provides good front end grip, but the rear end wiggle needs dialing out. I haven't used ballast yet either. That could have a positive impact too.
This car can carry excellent speed through the apices - more than you might think. A really enjoyable race too:tup:

Edit:
1st
736,840 Cr
488pp
Minor tweaks:
Aero: 15
Ballast: 30kg (-50)
Tranny - set it to max speed 137mph(bottom box), then scroll the final gear left to 3.178 giving a max speed in top box of 159mph - just more than enough for the long straight while drafting.
Turbo - stage 3
Drivetrain upgrades to max.
LSD: 8, 30, 15
Suspension
Height: -25, -20
SR 10.6, 10.2
Extension: 5, 4
Compression: 5, 4
ARB: 6, 6

camber: 1.5, 1.0
Toe: -0.20, 0.20
BB: 7, 5

Edit:
Got pp down tp 480 - 201bhp (I reckon there's another 10pp to take off!)
1st - 1,006,070 Cr
A cracking afternoon GT5ing!!! Thanks Cullenster for the idea of using the Spitfire!! Now off to watch Brazilian Grand Prix:tup:

Last edited:
I regularly do the first lap in under 14 sec's. I did one just now in 13.401.

The rest are often in the 10's or 11's if I get good runs.

Can anyone post their usual lap times for Grand Valley to compare. And especially those who doubt that gaining 1st place on lap 3 is possible. Thanks.

I regularly do the first lap in under 14 sec's. I did one just now in 13.401.

The rest are often in the 10's or 11's if I get good runs.

Can anyone post their usual lap times for Grand Valley to compare. And especially those who doubt that gaining 1st place on lap 3 is possible. Thanks.

Just did a first lap 1:14.642, followed by a 1:13.xxx and three in the :12s, with a low of 1:12.178. Took first early in Lap 4, had a couple offs. Also set the top speed too low and bounced off the rev limiter down about half the front straight... :)

ETA: A few adjustments, a first lap of 1:14.022, and a string of :11s after, with a low of 1:11.152. Took first place at the end of Lap 3, so yes, it absolutely can be done, even by a hack like me.

Last edited:
Used the Vauxhall VX220 at 470pp, added a few bits on & ballast adjusted to 50/50. Won each race first time. Have to say the Toscana track this time is a great flowing track. I took the pp down to 450 easily & I reckon it could go lower?

Back