500PP British LightWeights

Discussion in 'GT5 Seasonal Events' started by ZachAttack1991, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Kwicko

Kwicko

Now that we've pretty conclusively shown that taking the lead in Lap 3 is quite feasible, it's on to lowering the PP of the cars to see how low they can go. 484pp in the 111R still got the lead by Lap 3, so lower it shall go...

I tried some other cars - AC Cobra 427, Esprit V8, TVR Tuscan, etc. - and won with them all, but the little 111R just "feels" right for me on this one. That's a surprise, because I normally don't like the handling of that car. I seem to have stumbled upon a setup that's quite stable.

2. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

Try it with all the aids stripped off and at least 10pp below the max limit, that'll keep you on your toes.

3. car101

car101

500PP British LightWeights, i am running a lotus elise sport 190' 98 best lap 1:15
    could only get 3rd so i watch the replay to see what the lead car was doing also a
    lotus elise sport 190'98. because of the starting pole at number one first lap was 1:02
    2nd lap 1:18 3rd lap 1:17 4th lap 1:17 no way was i gong to overtake the leader with
    such a head start

4. parabulla

parabulla Premium

I had a rough go of it initially with the TVR T350C running at 497pp. Switched over to the Evora at 485 and it made things a heckuva lot easier. Such a well-balanced car.

5. basswerks1

basswerks1

Antmeg26 tune for the 111r is fantastic !! Thanks buddy!!

6. Dinamix

Dinamix

Sure does.

Though I stay clear of ballparks and usually drive on the road.

7. Dinamix

Dinamix

Like maybe you and Kaiser should record it and show us as evidence.

8. Kwicko

Kwicko

I'm just not that handy with the DS3 controller! I can tiptoe the car around with TCS off and SRF disabled, but the braking just kills me. My thumb has no "feel" for the brake pedal! :)

9. Giulietta73

Giulietta73

Try it with brake balance F2 R1. For some reason the suspension feels more alive with ABS off; going into a slide feels more predictable and more controllable. For me it has rejuvenated GT5 and, like you, I use a DS3:tup:

10. Denz3b

Denz3b

You should reassign your buttons. Personally I use L2 R2 for acceleration and braking. That might help you

11. Tay94

Tay94

I used the Standard TVR Tuscan to Gold all 5 races. Didn't have any glare at Toscana, either.

12. StirlingMoose

StirlingMoose

Having had a go at this I must say that is seriously impressive. It's probably not the ideal situation for my first foray into ABS=0 driving but what a difference. I've heard it said before that ABS in GT5 is more than just ABS IRL and I have to agree. I was trying to brake in a straight line and come off the brakes before turning in and the back end still came flying round. What's that all about?

13. Giulietta73

Giulietta73

What's your brake balance? I've followed the advice in one of the ABS Off threads to bring the balance down to 3:2 or 2:1 or less. This really takes a lot of the twitchiness while braking. In the Enzo I was down to 1:0 to dial out the erratic back end!!! Great fun!!:tup:

14. Rotorist

Rotorist

I fully agree!!! :tup:

15. Kwicko

Kwicko

Oh, I've got those mapped as well, but I've been playing this way since the very first Gran Turismo, and my fingers don't want to re-learn where things are! :)

16. StirlingMoose

StirlingMoose

BB was 3:2. I tried fiddling with the LSD and ballast to try to improve things but to no avail. The strange thing is it seems to have less grip even with no brake applied. It's as if when I come off the brakes the back has no grip at all. I'm not sure I'd describe it as fun but it's interesting and I'll certainly have another go but next time I'll try in a car that's not handling like it's on snow anyway.

To cheer myself up I put ABS back to 1 and had a blast round Toscana. I had to check that I hadn't put SRF on by mistake it was so different. I now have even greater respect for the ABS=0 masochists.

17. Zippysalt

Zippysalt

Thanks for this. It accomplished two things for me, golds and allowed me to really enjoy driving a car I used to loathe. I will replay this seasonal a few more times with this tune.

18. krasch27

krasch27

Try raising the rear ride height. I found it relieved throttle-off oversteer. Go crazy- raise it 20pts.

19. Dalone

Dalone

Regarding ABS and aids in general, in the first two games, GT1 and 2, I never used the brakes at all, ever, and it was late in GT3 that I started using them. And 100% both games, GT3 as well. Never managed to gold the Red Toyota race car at Cote in one of the licence races before GT5 arrived. Perhaps I should go back and do it now. One day.

Looking back I expect that when I first started playing my ABS was off, and I knew little about any tuning matters and left most things alone back then. And in those days I always played with Auto transmission and only went to manual late in GT4. Can't even imagine playing auto now. Back then I usually always used ASM and SRF for every race, without really understanding their function.

And I only started using the hand brake in GT5.

Interested in the brake balance info by Giulietta, will give that a try.

20. Dalone

Dalone

Nope, will never become an ABS deficient aficionado.

But again, for those who are, you have my respect.

21. wc420pro

wc420pro

Accomplished it with Elise 111R '04 tuned by sheene76 much easier than thought it would be:tup:

22. sheene76

sheene76

I'm really glad it helped my friend, it's always cool to find a car that you can have some fun with as well as win races.

23. sheene76

sheene76

With a tune that matches the car, anything is possible, glad it helped.

24. waddy2001

waddy2001

Dying to try the Elise tune above but I bought the Jag race car last night so I have to grind just a bit to even get an oil change! My Audi R8 in the seasonal B-spec at Suzuka better win!

25. Dalone

Dalone

Should be a new Time Trial today, had enough of this Seasonal for now.

26. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Maybe it will be a TT/Drift event with the new Vette. PD could easily make it available for everyone just for these events. One of those non-tuning events like we had with the Nissan awhile back.

27. Fat Buff Guy

Fat Buff Guy

I used to think I was pretty good at GT5. After reading all 9 pages of this thread I think I might go crawl in a hole lol.

Guess I'll spend some time tonight in time trial lol.

28. Kwicko

Kwicko

Ha-hah! It's a new TT for 480pp or less Lotus non-racecars!

Hey, all that practice in the 111R came in pretty handy for golding it on Lap 1! :)

29. Kwicko

Kwicko

I took it into the 620pp Supercar Challenge at 529pp (did an oil change) and scored 1.4 mil by winning at 130% payout. Let's just say I'm liking the new 'Vette so far! :D

30. Kwicko

Kwicko

When you're done with the Lotus time trial, go back to the British Lightweights event and clean up on the easy money! :D