500PP Lancer Evolution/Impreza Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 189 comments
Not very long to go now, just an hour or so, so I'll have a last few cracks at it.
A couple of days ago I snuck in front of Nowcontrol and yesterday he improved to within .003 of my time.
I have been up over a tenth on some sections so I know there is still improvement to be made but I doubt I'll manage to do so before the finish.

Edit.......Aha, now I remember why I stopped playing yesterday. The brake (G27) keeps coming on by itself. Any gear anytime, not full on but enough to slow you right down.
This is the second time it has happened. That is it happened with my new G27 and I thought I may have done something to it when I installed the GTEYE heavier brake spring using the short cut method (not removing the back).
In any case I switched the pedal set up a few weeks ago with the second hand one (G27) I had but could never use as I was unable to steer in a straight line. That was when I was only using the buttons on the controller and was still happy using them, late last year I think that was.
So now I have the brakes coming on when using both pedal setups. That's a killer. Anyone have any suggestions? And the brake light on the dash shows red even though my foot is nowhere near the pedal.
Check the GTEYE spring inside the red canister tube, because the spring could be broken because I had this problem not so long ago with the brake staying on so I check the spring and it was broken in half in the red tube.

Last edited:
What? Could that be correct? Surely there would be hundreds of people talking about it?
I know how to check that, tomorrow I'll try some different races and see if it happens. I hope it is the game rather than my G27's, but I somehow doubt it.
I don't think it's normal that it's consistently happening in this TT and not in other races (from career to the other TTs or online races)

Check the GTEYE spring inside the red canister tube, because the spring could be broken because I had this problem not so long ago with the brake staying on so I check the spring and it was broken in half in the red tube.
I'm using the s'hand pedals at the moment and pulled the brake apart to check it and only found a bunch of fluff etc, nothing that looks like it would cause any problems. The spring was good so I put it all back together again but even though it seemed good for a while it reverted back to coming on for no apparent reason.
Funnily enough my modem is also on the blink and I can't use the internet to play Seasonals as it drops out every few minutes. Telco company is sending me another modem (router) next week.
Nothing but trouble at the moment.

And Vitessekid, as I can't currently play online (Seasonals) I just did some of the other games and found the same thing happening with the brakes. So it must be something apart from the T Trials.

I'm using the s'hand pedals at the moment and pulled the brake apart to check it and only found a bunch of fluff etc, nothing that looks like it would cause any problems. The spring was good so I put it all back together again but even though it seemed good for a while it reverted back to coming on for no apparent reason.
Funnily enough my modem is also on the blink and I can't use the internet to play Seasonals as it drops out every few minutes. Telco company is sending me another modem (router) next week.
Nothing but trouble at the moment.

And Vitessekid, as I can't currently play online (Seasonals) I just did some of the other games and found the same thing happening with the brakes. So it must be something apart from the T Trials.
When the brake light comes on the dash is the brake pedal releasing properly to its full extension ?.

When the brake light comes on the dash is the brake pedal releasing properly to its full extension ?.
As far as I can tell Hall. Giving it a quick firm tap/push removes the light (and releases the brake) but after a while it's back to the same thing.
I had about half hour or so today with offline games and the brake didn't come on by itself.

As far as I can tell Hall. Giving it a quick firm tap/push removes the light (and releases the brake) but after a while it's back to the same thing.
I had about half hour or so today with offline games and the brake didn't come on by itself.
Dose this always happen online with the brake problem.

Dose this always happen online with the brake problem.
Yes. It has been doing so for a week or so, using the old pedals and the new pedals with the GTEYE spring.
The only thing I didn't do was to pull out the connection from the pedals into the wheel and replace it again. I'll do that.
My internet connection has been good for about 1l2 hour or so now, so I'll try that first then try a Seasonal and see how it goes.

edit. Well I tried the new TT and it all worked well for quite a while, maybe nearly an hour, but then the brake started coming on again and after that the internet connection started dropping out like has been happening regularly. J
Just have no idea what it is.

Last edited:
So, I wasn't around when this Time Trial happened, and completely missed out on it, but, given that Tsukuba is the track I know best in the entire game, I was really grouchy about missing out on this TT, and decided to see kind of vicariously roughly how fast I could've been, by trying out a WRX at 500pp with one of the setups from this thread in Test Drive mode on Tsukuba (not perfectly scientifically accurate I guess, since it's weather-variable) (by the way, the reminds me, does anyone know what the exact temperature and time of day was for the official Time Trials event for this?)

Anyway, so, so far I've only tried one setup. Natty Tom's setup (the Spec C '09), except I just used the stock transmission, since I couldn't get his gear ratios on it.

On my very first lap, I ran a 59.0. 2nd lap was another 59.0, and 3rd lap was a 58.7. Was kind of a wakeup call to me of just how huge of a difference it can apparently make if you know a track really really well going into it, compared to if you don't. I mean, 3 minutes into attempting it, I was already getting close to a Top 250 time, on my 3rd attempted lap.

Then it took about half an hour and dozens of lap attempts to beat that 58.7, though (lol), so, that calmed me down a little and brought me back to the real world, hahaha. For a second I was thinking I'd just be lapping my way down to a 56.9 or something by a few laps later, with how easily those fast laps were coming right off the bat.

Only did about a 45 minute session for day 1, and then had to stop, since my funnybone sensation in my arms was already acting up by then.

On the 2nd day, did a half hour session, and got down to a 58.33, and then quit after that lap, since that was a pretty good improvement over my next best of that day, which was like a 58.7 or something.

3rd Day I did about a 1 hour session, and ran a whole bunch of laps in the 58.3-58.5 range. I could tell from the sector times that I already had around a 57.8 in me, just based on adding the best sector times together, though, but never put together a really good lap with 3 great sectors, so, didn't improve my time beyond 58.3 on that day.

I think I didn't do any runs on day 4 or maybe day 5 or so, but yesterday, which I think is around day 6 or 7, I decided to try to address my transmission issue, and didn't bother looking for a really detailed gear setup on here, but at least went from using the literally stock transmission the car comes with from the dealership, to using the fully customized transmission and adjusting the "max speed" setting down to like 150-something (I think the stock one was the equivalent of it being set to 190 or something ridiculous, lol).

This seemed to instantly make an important difference (like, on the exit of the first corner, I had a scenario where my fastest lap ghost was pulling ever so slightly away from me in the first 20 meters or so out of the curve, but then m car slowly reeled it back in and pulled ahead of it, just purely from accelerating faster than the ghost car with the super loose gearing ratios, so, that right there tells me just how much I was giving up by having a crappy transmission, lol).

Only put in about a 20 minute session with the new transmission, because my funnybone nerve sensation thing happened really quickly this time unfortunately, but, was already able to drop to a 58.2 with the new trans, and best of all, it made a big difference in how fast my new fastest sectors are. Like, I was usually running a 13.9-14.1 first sector, with my fastest being a 13.8 first sector, on the old transmission, whereas on the new one I was AVERAGING around a 13.80-flat on the first sector, and had multiple laps where I had a 13.7-low on the first sector, and even had a 13.6 one time. Also faster on the 2nd and 3rd sectors, to where now if I add all my fastest sectors together, it comes out to faster than the #1 time that won the TT! (57-low!). Holy crap!

Still haven't even tried any other setups yet either, so, I guess I'll probably first try to see if I can get my sectors together and get a 57-mid on this thing, and then after that, assuming the last couple tenths after that are gonna start getting a lot harder to get, I might start trying out some other setups and fine tuning the gearing a lot more and everything.

I guess once it gets to where I'm consistently doing 57.x laps, I might have to go set up a camera so I can record a youtube vid where it shows that my car is actually set to 500pp and is the one I'm using in the Free Run lap, so that if I set a record lap, people won't have to wonder if I was cheating and using like 520pp or something, or softer tires or whatever, lol.

Anyway, this was a pretty big wakeup call. I had no clue that I was capable of being anywhere near that fast on the DS3, with only being able to put in such short sessions cuz of the nerve thing. I guess I underestimated just how important it is if you already know a track really well before a TT event begins for that track, compared to if you learn it from scratch starting when the TT starts. Like, on that 450pp GT-Arena TT from last month, I went into it not knowing that track at all, and it took me a TON of sessions and a ton of lap attempts just to even get below 33 (not even Top 1,000) seconds, and then even a gazillion more just to get down to finish the event with a 32.0 (Top 650 or so), and my fastest sectors still only added up to around a 31.1 or something I think, which wasn't even top-10 worthy even if I had put them all together in one great lap.

Whereas, on this one, I was already doing better than my best lap of the entire month long TT of that GT-Arena thing on my THIRD LAP I ever ran on this event (well, re-creation of the event, technically), 3 minutes in, lol. Wtf!

So, I guess I'm realizing now that, in theory, if I get to know some of the other tracks as well as I know Tsukuba, in theory, I could potentially have a Top 10 time within me, even if I can only put in these 30 minute, 45 minute types of sessions once per day or once every other day.

Really happy about this, because for a while I was kind of bummed out, and was the reason I didn't even bother playing much these past few years until just starting up again these past couple months, because I just assumed that, given the whole arm-nerve problem stuff limiting how long/many attempts I could put in, the best I'd ever be able to do was maybe a barely-top-250 type of time, even on a track I'm good at.

But, now I'm starting to think this might not be the case!

I guess I should try to learn some more tracks as well as I know Tsukuba, so that if one of the future TT events ever happens to use one of those tracks that I know really well, I'll be able to put up a really high result hopefully.

So, I wasn't around when this Time Trial happened, and completely missed out on it, but, given that Tsukuba is the track I know best in the entire game, I was really grouchy about missing out on this TT, and decided to see kind of vicariously roughly how fast I could've been, by trying out a WRX at 500pp with one of the setups from this thread in Test Drive mode on Tsukuba (not perfectly scientifically accurate I guess, since it's weather-variable) (by the way, the reminds me, does anyone know what the exact temperature and time of day was for the official Time Trials event for this?)

Anyway, so, so far I've only tried one setup. Natty Tom's setup (the Spec C '09), except I just used the stock transmission, since I couldn't get his gear ratios on it.

On my very first lap, I ran a 59.0. 2nd lap was another 59.0, and 3rd lap was a 58.7. Was kind of a wakeup call to me of just how huge of a difference it can apparently make if you know a track really really well going into it, compared to if you don't. I mean, 3 minutes into attempting it, I was already getting close to a Top 250 time, on my 3rd attempted lap.

Then it took about half an hour and dozens of lap attempts to beat that 58.7, though (lol), so, that calmed me down a little and brought me back to the real world, hahaha. For a second I was thinking I'd just be lapping my way down to a 56.9 or something by a few laps later, with how easily those fast laps were coming right off the bat.

Only did about a 45 minute session for day 1, and then had to stop, since my funnybone sensation in my arms was already acting up by then.

On the 2nd day, did a half hour session, and got down to a 58.33, and then quit after that lap, since that was a pretty good improvement over my next best of that day, which was like a 58.7 or something.

3rd Day I did about a 1 hour session, and ran a whole bunch of laps in the 58.3-58.5 range. I could tell from the sector times that I already had around a 57.8 in me, just based on adding the best sector times together, though, but never put together a really good lap with 3 great sectors, so, didn't improve my time beyond 58.3 on that day.

I think I didn't do any runs on day 4 or maybe day 5 or so, but yesterday, which I think is around day 6 or 7, I decided to try to address my transmission issue, and didn't bother looking for a really detailed gear setup on here, but at least went from using the literally stock transmission the car comes with from the dealership, to using the fully customized transmission and adjusting the "max speed" setting down to like 150-something (I think the stock one was the equivalent of it being set to 190 or something ridiculous, lol).

This seemed to instantly make an important difference (like, on the exit of the first corner, I had a scenario where my fastest lap ghost was pulling ever so slightly away from me in the first 20 meters or so out of the curve, but then m car slowly reeled it back in and pulled ahead of it, just purely from accelerating faster than the ghost car with the super loose gearing ratios, so, that right there tells me just how much I was giving up by having a crappy transmission, lol).

Only put in about a 20 minute session with the new transmission, because my funnybone nerve sensation thing happened really quickly this time unfortunately, but, was already able to drop to a 58.2 with the new trans, and best of all, it made a big difference in how fast my new fastest sectors are. Like, I was usually running a 13.9-14.1 first sector, with my fastest being a 13.8 first sector, on the old transmission, whereas on the new one I was AVERAGING around a 13.80-flat on the first sector, and had multiple laps where I had a 13.7-low on the first sector, and even had a 13.6 one time. Also faster on the 2nd and 3rd sectors, to where now if I add all my fastest sectors together, it comes out to faster than the #1 time that won the TT! (57-low!). Holy crap!

Still haven't even tried any other setups yet either, so, I guess I'll probably first try to see if I can get my sectors together and get a 57-mid on this thing, and then after that, assuming the last couple tenths after that are gonna start getting a lot harder to get, I might start trying out some other setups and fine tuning the gearing a lot more and everything.

I guess once it gets to where I'm consistently doing 57.x laps, I might have to go set up a camera so I can record a youtube vid where it shows that my car is actually set to 500pp and is the one I'm using in the Free Run lap, so that if I set a record lap, people won't have to wonder if I was cheating and using like 520pp or something, or softer tires or whatever, lol.

Anyway, this was a pretty big wakeup call. I had no clue that I was capable of being anywhere near that fast on the DS3, with only being able to put in such short sessions cuz of the nerve thing. I guess I underestimated just how important it is if you already know a track really well before a TT event begins for that track, compared to if you learn it from scratch starting when the TT starts. Like, on that 450pp GT-Arena TT from last month, I went into it not knowing that track at all, and it took me a TON of sessions and a ton of lap attempts just to even get below 33 (not even Top 1,000) seconds, and then even a gazillion more just to get down to finish the event with a 32.0 (Top 650 or so), and my fastest sectors still only added up to around a 31.1 or something I think, which wasn't even top-10 worthy even if I had put them all together in one great lap.

Whereas, on this one, I was already doing better than my best lap of the entire month long TT of that GT-Arena thing on my THIRD LAP I ever ran on this event (well, re-creation of the event, technically), 3 minutes in, lol. Wtf!

So, I guess I'm realizing now that, in theory, if I get to know some of the other tracks as well as I know Tsukuba, in theory, I could potentially have a Top 10 time within me, even if I can only put in these 30 minute, 45 minute types of sessions once per day or once every other day.

Really happy about this, because for a while I was kind of bummed out, and was the reason I didn't even bother playing much these past few years until just starting up again these past couple months, because I just assumed that, given the whole arm-nerve problem stuff limiting how long/many attempts I could put in, the best I'd ever be able to do was maybe a barely-top-250 type of time, even on a track I'm good at.

But, now I'm starting to think this might not be the case!

I guess I should try to learn some more tracks as well as I know Tsukuba, so that if one of the future TT events ever happens to use one of those tracks that I know really well, I'll be able to put up a really high result hopefully.
I enjoyed reading this :cheers:, this is what I do is to just practise and on each track.

I enjoyed reading this :cheers:, this is what I do is to just practise and on each track.

Awesome! Thanks man:cheers:

I'll try to remember to update in here if I break into the 57.x's (hopefully on my next session or the one after that, given the improvements from adjusting the transmission!). And also maybe make a youtube vid if I start getting into Top 10 territory or faster. (gonna have to go look for my camera tripod in the garage, lol!)

I'm also excited to try out some old replica-TT's from Midfield and from Deep Forest, since those are the other tracks I already know fairly well (although I'm much rustier on those, but, back in the day I knew those two tracks about as well as I currently know Tsukuba, so, I'm guessing I'd get back up to speed on those pretty quick).

And yea, I guess it would be a great way for me to learn some of the more random tracks that I have almost no experience with whatsoever, and don't even have fully track-memorized yet or whatever. So, I'll probably try some of that as well, at some point or another :)

Awesome! Thanks man:cheers:

I'll try to remember to update in here if I break into the 57.x's (hopefully on my next session or the one after that, given the improvements from adjusting the transmission!). And also maybe make a youtube vid if I start getting into Top 10 territory or faster. (gonna have to go look for my camera tripod in the garage, lol!)

I'm also excited to try out some old replica-TT's from Midfield and from Deep Forest, since those are the other tracks I already know fairly well (although I'm much rustier on those, but, back in the day I knew those two tracks about as well as I currently know Tsukuba, so, I'm guessing I'd get back up to speed on those pretty quick).

And yea, I guess it would be a great way for me to learn some of the more random tracks that I have almost no experience with whatsoever, and don't even have fully track-memorized yet or whatever. So, I'll probably try some of that as well, at some point or another :)
If you get into top 10 territory, might as well do the same in the current seasonal!

If you get into top 10 territory, might as well do the same in the current seasonal!

True! Lol. (well, only on ones where I already know the track pretty well at the time the TT begins. For the ones that are on tracks I have to learn from scratch, I'm now realizing that like, that's why I kept only finishing in the 250-500ish range. Whereas that I have more like top 50 or maybe even Top 10 ability if it's a track that I am extremely familiar with before it begins.) So, I guess the moral of the story is I need to become a lot more familiar with a lot more of the other tracks, so that way no matter which random tracks get picked for future TT events, all be ready to come out swinging right off the bat! :sly:

True! Lol. (well, only on ones where I already know the track pretty well at the time the TT begins. For the ones that are on tracks I have to learn from scratch, I'm now realizing that like, that's why I kept only finishing in the 250-500ish range. Whereas that I have more like top 50 or maybe even Top 10 ability if it's a track that I am extremely familiar with before it begins.) So, I guess the moral of the story is I need to become a lot more familiar with a lot more of the other tracks, so that way no matter which random tracks get picked for future TT events, all be ready to come out swinging right off the bat! :sly:
Just remember Arcade mode or free Run mode you will get different times than online Time Trials times.

Just remember Arcade mode or free Run mode you will get different times than online Time Trials times.

Arghhhh. I was worried that might be the case. I remember back on Motor City Online it was like that.

Well, not sure how I really compare in that case, but, just ran a 58.168. Had a good first sector (13.7, and then an okay-ish 2nd sector (17.2), and kind of a crappy last sector (27.3). I've been at least a couple tenths fast on the 2nd sector, and like half a second faster on the last sector before though, so, I know I can go a lot lower than this if I just put in enough laps to get one without all good sectors.

So, are the Free Run laps usually faster than in the TT, or slower, or what? I assume at the minimum, I need to set the temperature and time of day to be the same as it was in the TT for it to be more similar, but that maybe even that won't make it identical?

I guess I'll just need to learn some more tracks so I can make a serious attempt in one of these actual TT's next time. Hopefully the tracks for next month won't be long ones! I can't really do the longer tracks with how my arms are. If the next one is Nurburgring, I'm screwed! :lol:.

Arghhhh. I was worried that might be the case. I remember back on Motor City Online it was like that.

Well, not sure how I really compare in that case, but, just ran a 58.168. Had a good first sector (13.7, and then an okay-ish 2nd sector (17.2), and kind of a crappy last sector (27.3). I've been at least a couple tenths fast on the 2nd sector, and like half a second faster on the last sector before though, so, I know I can go a lot lower than this if I just put in enough laps to get one without all good sectors.

So, are the Free Run laps usually faster than in the TT, or slower, or what? I assume at the minimum, I need to set the temperature and time of day to be the same as it was in the TT for it to be more similar, but that maybe even that won't make it identical?

I guess I'll just need to learn some more tracks so I can make a serious attempt in one of these actual TT's next time. Hopefully the tracks for next month won't be long ones! I can't really do the longer tracks with how my arms are. If the next one is Nurburgring, I'm screwed! :lol:.
Free run and the arcade TT mode are a bit slower slower, what I do is when a TT seasonal goes online I practise in the free run and then go online and then make some minor setting changes to suit the condition, Is it alright to send a friends request to you latter on.

Wait, slower? So you mean if I got a 57.4 or something, then that's like even better than a 57.4 in the TT, or do you mean the TT is slower? When you first said it, I thought you meant the other way around (as in like, even if I got a 57.4, it's not really worth quite that fast of a time if it had been in the actual TT).

Oh ****, this would be pretty sick then, if this is true, lol!

Anyway, I've never added a friend before. Do you mean on here on this website, or do you mean on GT6 on the playstation in the game?

What does it do?

Oh, also, my screen name on there for GT6 isn't "pentaxfun", it's "QuasarFun1142". Pentaxfun was my name on GT5, but I couldn't remember any of my stuff anymore after all these years when I downloaded GT6 a couple months ago, lol, so I just made a new name of "QuasarFun1142".

I haven't been participating in the current TT though at all, other than just did a few laps in the ZZII to get a gold on the Eiffel one to get the money and the prize car lol. Didn't feel like learning a whole new track from scratch after having to learn that GT-Arena track from scratch for the previous month's TT. Figured I would just try to learn some of the other tracks during this month in hopes that maybe for the next TT the track will be one that I'm more familiar with (kind of a gamble, lol).

I think you can still see my 32.021 from the old GT-Arena TT, since the Closed Event rankings thing for it is still in the seasonal lobby, so you can see that's really me in 613th place in that one or whatever lol.

Wait, slower? So you mean if I got a 57.4 or something, then that's like even better than a 57.4 in the TT, or do you mean the TT is slower? When you first said it, I thought you meant the other way around (as in like, even if I got a 57.4, it's not really worth quite that fast of a time if it had been in the actual TT).

Oh ****, this would be pretty sick then, if this is true, lol!

Anyway, I've never added a friend before. Do you mean on here on this website, or do you mean on GT6 on the playstation in the game?

What does it do?
It's the opposite. Sorry for the hype.

Oh, also, my screen name on there for GT6 isn't "pentaxfun", it's "QuasarFun1142". Pentaxfun was my name on GT5, but I couldn't remember any of my stuff anymore after all these years when I downloaded GT6 a couple months ago, lol, so I just made a new name of "QuasarFun1142".

I haven't been participating in the current TT though at all, other than just did a few laps in the ZZII to get a gold on the Eiffel one to get the money and the prize car lol. Didn't feel like learning a whole new track from scratch after having to learn that GT-Arena track from scratch for the previous month's TT. Figured I would just try to learn some of the other tracks during this month in hopes that maybe for the next TT the track will be one that I'm more familiar with (kind of a gamble, lol).

I think you can still see my 32.021 from the old GT-Arena TT, since the Closed Event rankings thing for it is still in the seasonal lobby, so you can see that's really me in 613th place in that one or whatever lol.
Sorry @Vitessekid is right sorry , I do not like Monday mornings.

A friends request is on the PS3. 👍

Hey, did you send it to "QuasarFun1142" or did you send it to "pentaxfun"

Cuz I don't know how to log into "pentaxfun" (that was my name on GT5 way back a few years ago), but my name on GT6 is "QuasarFun1142"

I checked and it still shows zero friends lol. I have no friends! Ahhh!!! I'm a loser! hahaha. :(

Hey, did you send it to "QuasarFun1142" or did you send it to "pentaxfun"

Cuz I don't know how to log into "pentaxfun" (that was my name on GT5 way back a few years ago), but my name on GT6 is "QuasarFun1142"

I checked and it still shows zero friends lol. I have no friends! Ahhh!!! I'm a loser! hahaha. :(
I will send a friends request now.

I saw a little message in a gray box pop up from fordlaser, but I checked in "community" and it doesn't show any friends or any messages. :confused:
It will be in the message box on you PS3 home screen first, but not on your GT6 community.

Back