500PP Lancer Evolution/Impreza Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 189 comments
Down to 58.024!

Argh, soooo close to that sub-58!

Also had a 58.168 and 58.149, in a couple of the laps just before/after that one, so, feeling pretty good about my chance of getting into the 57's pretty soon here. Hopefully fairly deep into them if I can put all my sectors together for once. Always have had at least one blatantly bad sector on all my fastest laps as of so far, sigh.

congratulation !

If you like i can make your day by doing a "one on one" with a 700PP for me and a 500PP for you 5 seconds in advance for me and hard Comfort tyres for you.
I bet you still beat me by 15 seconds.

never the less its good to read that others also struggle against laptimes , although on a very very higher level then me.

this 58 was with the 500PP you emntioned above ??

Down to 58.024!

Argh, soooo close to that sub-58!

Also had a 58.168 and 58.149, in a couple of the laps just before/after that one, so, feeling pretty good about my chance of getting into the 57's pretty soon here. Hopefully fairly deep into them if I can put all my sectors together for once. Always have had at least one blatantly bad sector on all my fastest laps as of so far, sigh.
What car are you using?

What car are you using?

It was this one, with Natty Tom's setup, from page 4 from this thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...p-tsukuba-circuit.333359/page-4#post-10933628

Except, I couldn't get his gears to work, so, at first I was just using the regular stock transmission that the car came with from the dealership, and then eventually I realized that the gearing on that trans was wayyyyy too long, so I used the fully customizable transmission and just lowered the Top Speed setting from like 190 or whatever it was down to 155. Not exactly the most optimally perfect gearing, lol, but seems to be few tenths quicker than jusing the ridiculous bone-stock transmission that I was using at first, lol.

Anyway, yea it was the very first car and setup that I tried, actually. Initially my plan was to try a whole bunch of different ones out, but, I loved its handling characteristics so much that I've just been using that exact same setup (other than the transmission gearing I mean) this whole entire time.

It's got the best of both worlds it seems like. On one hand, if you don't sling it overly hard into the corners, it can be very very fast. Not quite knife-edged, but still pretty damned fast. But, at the same time, it's EXTREMELY forgiving, so, when you do enter a curve a little too fast, instead of just completely spinning out, it just nice and relaxedly kind of swings its tail out just a little, and lets you bleed off not too much more speed than you wanted to, to get down to the appropriate speed for the curve. (This comes particularly in handy on that big final curve leading into the start/finish line (I tend to try to take it about as aggressively as I can without flying off the track, and, if it weren't for the handling characteristics of the car, I honestly think I'd have about half as many completed laps as I ended up having. So, even if it gives up a tenth or two in forgiving-softness, I think down till I'm around the mid 57's, it's "worth it" in terms of simply being able to get more clean, completed laps down on the table.

Once I'm down in the mid 57's though, I think I will probably have to start trying some other setups, and/or fine tuning this one a bit, to make it a little less forgiving, and a little more knife-edged, to eek out every last drop of time. But, until I get to that point, I'm gonna just enjoy this setup exactly the way it is.

edit: I forgot to mention though, I've been using Active Steering Strong and Traction Control set to 5, so, I have no clue how it handles on other settings. But, on these settings, it's been working extremely well for me.

Also, I use a DS3, and automatic transmission, so, not sure how it would feel on a wheel. But, as for the DS3, this is about as DS3-friendly of a tune as I've ever driven so far.

Last edited:
Your car is a GIFT.
Big pleasure many thanks (had to do only little adjustments)

From the scratch without any adjustments i made it on 2nd in the Matterhorn intermediate RaceEvent with 0.6 delay although i messed up this little bend on the first straight three of four times ... always got out with 20 km/h less than i should. Another track wich i had Problems on.

Does anyone know which tracks comes next in the seasonal events ?

Latest Posts

Back