520PP Super GT/GT300 Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 434 comments
Hope so. Never driven ascari, it's one I need to learn!
Wow, well there's nice track to learn, quite fun track to grind, at least it's very different from more traditional circuits.. Very nice lap killer bends at the end also, and the first chicane, oh man, I just remembered, that first chicane has been a nightmare in every car :lol: but yeah, it's been a while it has been on the "menu" but I'm afraid it's gonna be big willows and some Suzuki action on the side again next week :banghead: :lol:

I tried the positive toe route last night and whilst it helped with the exits, it killed rotation... ended up running an open diff (5,5,5), which pretty much allows full throttle on the exits as long as you're not on the kerbs... might even go a click or 2 higher on accel and still allow the same level of traction.

I'm already using max front/min rear ride and very high rear brake bias, so not too many other options to get the rotation, but I did find stiffer dampers helped a bit (can't remember the exact combo).
Good setup :) ill run mine tonite and try n get my 31.5 and post my tune

I don't count the top 2 times either 👎 so roughly .300 separates the top 15... should be a nail biting end to the week :D Good luck guys! :cheers:

Off to work and back on this in the wee small hours 👍

If anyone is interested. This is my tune for the RX7 👍.

Many thanks to @praiano63 for the suspension settings :cheers:.

RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 @ Brands Hatch GP.

520pp, 352bhp, 1100kg.

NO OIL Change

Racing: Heavy wet tyres.

55/45
12.00/14.50
1/2
2/1
4/7
0/0
0.00/0.07

Brakes 5/5

Trans

Initial FG: 3300
Max speed 112mph (min)
1: 5188
2: 3846
3: 3249
4: 2740
5: 2334
6: 1990
FG: 2500

LSD: 10/7/10

Power 98.4%. low turbo

DF 350/600

Hope it helps a few people out 👍. Updates: In Bold

:cheers:

Last edited:
If anyone is interested. This is my tune for the RX7 👍.

Many thanks to @praiano63 for the suspension settings :cheers:.

RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 @ Brands Hatch GP.

520pp, 347bhp, 1100kg.

OIL Change

Racing: Heavy wet tyres.

55/45
12.00/14.50
1/2
2/1
4/7
0/0
0.00/0.07

Brakes 5/5

Trans

Initial FG: 3300
Max speed 112mph (min)
1: 5188
2: 3846
3: 3249
4: 2740
5: 2334
6: 1990
FG: 2500

LSD: 10/7/20

Power 92.5%. low turbo

DF 350/600

Hope it helps a few people out 👍.

Definitely interested mate, I'm comfortable with the setup I'm using (modified @praiano63 setup) but I'm almost certain it could be better so, I'll look forward to giving yours a run out tomorrow.

Cheers buddy :cheers:

Another pic of the cheating here... this time of the second place car which has the exact same hacked tyres as Bruno in 1st and so we can only assume that this is either an alias/2nd account of his or it is a friend of his.....

My normal car...
normal-width_2.jpg

2nd place hacked car...
cheating-cxxt-bruno-width_2.jpg

Come on PD, Take them down and ban them! :mad:

Does anyone know anywhere you can view the seasonal leader boards online without having to sign onto the PS3? I know you used to be able to do it on mygranturismo.net but it doesn't cater for GT6.

Oh, just thought, @SW__10, have you tried running your setup without the oil change? I'm running the same low pressure turbo but without the oil change and getting 352bhp compared to your 347bhp, may be a little time there?

Definitely interested mate, I'm comfortable with the setup I'm using (modified @praiano63 setup) but I'm almost certain it could be better so, I'll look forward to giving yours a run out tomorrow.

Cheers buddy :cheers:
I´m always very impressed how you or others top drivers are driving my car. Perhaps it´s a bit too safe for you, myself i don´t have super skills , i´m just a fast average GTPlayer and i need a safe car to go fast around a track.
This is good for me but i think that people like you who can manage a very responsive car with more pivot can go faster with a sharper one.
Congratulations everybody.

Does anyone know anywhere you can view the seasonal leader boards online without having to sign onto the PS3? I know you used to be able to do it on mygranturismo.net but it doesn't cater for GT6.
Unfortunately no. PD used to have the leaderboard on the website for GT5, but they didn't bring that back. :(

Oh, just thought, @SW__10, have you tried running your setup without the oil change? I'm running the same low pressure turbo but without the oil change and getting 352bhp compared to your 347bhp, may be a little time there?

I had a quick go without oil change, with low and high turbo today.....
.......surely you all have two RX7 GT300's on the go?....:dopey:....:lol:....👍.

I found high turbo to be slightly better in the last half today, against my ghost.
It could be the torque needs to be looked at. Too much wheel spin in the wet :dopey:.

I only ran about 1 hour on it.....takes me that long to get back in the groove :lol:....
...could be that I used High turbo second, when I was settled in...:lol:.

Over the weekend I will give it another big session and see what I can do..
...I'm not sure I will take that much off my PB. Maybe a tenth at the most.

I will update my tune if I find I improve with anything different 👍.

I will be leaving AS off though. 🤬 to all you rascals out there!...;)...:lol::lol:...👍.

Good luck everyone!

I´m always very impressed how you or others top drivers are driving my car. Perhaps it´s a bit too safe for you, myself i don´t have super skills , i´m just a fast average GTPlayer and i need a safe car to go fast around a track.
This is good for me but i think that people like you who can manage a very responsive car with more pivot can go faster with a sharper one.
Congratulations everybody.

I think that's about the biggest compliment I've ever been given when it comes to GT, thank you @praiano63, but I wouldn't count myself as a top driver, just lucky with the seasonal combination. As it goes though, whatever my ability as a driver, your setups are always the first I go too if I can't find a balance I'm happy with on my own (which is often the case), they are nearly always a great base to build on, given that each driver has their own style, a setup that suits one person won't always work for someone else, the fact that your setups are so popular and work for so many other people either on their own or as a base is a credit to your ability not only as a tuner but as a driver too.
I honestly can't thank you enough for the amount of work you put into finding good setups for so many cars to make drivers like me look good, your a credit to GTPlanet.

Unfortunately no. PD used to have the leaderboard on the website for GT5, but they didn't bring that back. :(

That's typical PD, make one thing better but miss a trick by leaving something good out... Thanks for letting me know so quickly @Doodle, I won't bother trolling the internet in vein lol.

@SW__10 Regardless of whether or not you improve over the weekend, let us know how you get on, will be interesting to read your opinions of the differences you find. Good luck mate.

Kinda' late start on this one, which is probably a good thing...not too great in the wet. But, it seriously has to be doing some good as far as (at least) throttle control XP that should pay off at some point.

Hats off to everyone!! Some awesome laps put up! 👍 I wish I had even half an idea how... >> Often, same set up/car, seems like I'm light years behind.

Switched on AS to mess around w/ it. Thought I turned it back off and the set up changes were just good for a 1:35.983. Was highly disappointed to see it was on. Haven't tried to improve w/ it on, just try to improve w/ it off. The best I could do so far w/ it off is 1:36.2xx.

I know I am way behind in the amount of time I can spend turning laps, but there has got to be some key ingredient I'm missing. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

It seems like, according to the replays, I'm always braking to early. But, If I brake later and closer to where the top drivers are...I end up in the sticks. Is there some sort of magic flick of the wheel formula I need to learn :lol:

Edit/Update.

Finally made a 35ish lap w/ out the AS, 1:35.856. Very satisfied to at least been able to accomplish that, at the moment!

Nothing against those using the AS. Personally, just want to reach as high as I can w/ out it...just want to improve as a driver. Will probably turn it on for the last couple go rounds before it's over :lol:

Last edited:
I tried the positive toe route last night and whilst it helped with the exits, it killed rotation... ended up running an open diff (5,5,5), which pretty much allows full throttle on the exits as long as you're not on the kerbs... might even go a click or 2 higher on accel and still allow the same level of traction.

I'm already using max front/min rear ride and very high rear brake bias, so not too many other options to get the rotation, but I did find stiffer dampers helped a bit (can't remember the exact combo).

Tried your diff settings and improved over .300. Along with that I changed to the low rpm turbo instead of the high turbo. Don't know which made the difference, lsd or turbo, but it was a big improvement for me at this stage. Down to 1:32.111 now with not much more left. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Decided on a whim to take a go at this tonight again after a few days of trying and not being able to string a lap together :ouch:. I knew their was plenty of time to gain. Finally relaxed enough tonight and beat my 33.036 by almost 7 tenths for a 32.361 :D.

Hopefully that was my mental barrier shattering for this TT. Still have a half a second or more to gain because I slid the car turns 5 & 6 and can clean up turn 8 I believe. So far only have 350 miles in the TT.

I know I am way behind in the amount of time I can spend turning laps, but there has got to be some key ingredient I'm missing. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Well, without seeing your lap or how you deal with corners is pretty hard to give some advice. But the key, and even more in a wet track, is smoothness in the inputs. Also, be aware that sometimes is better to maintain half throttle more time than smash it earlier. When I began to improve in the leaderboards and made a big leap, was in this very track. I improved when I realised that half throttle is really important to obtain great times. Also, if you see top drivers braking late, is because they release the brake while turning in the early stage of the corner to rotate the car. This allows a later brake. Also, despite ABS on, you don't need to smash the brake pedal.

Hope you find some piece of advice useful. And of course, if I said something wrong, everybody is free to correct my mistakes.

Another pic of the cheating here... this time of the second place car which has the exact same hacked tyres as Bruno in 1st and so we can only assume that this is either an alias/2nd account of his or it is a friend of his.....

My normal car...
View attachment 300264
2nd place hacked car...
View attachment 300266

Come on PD, Take them down and ban them! :mad:

Please DO NOT mistake, many use it sneaky way . means that if I do not change width of tires would you believe made time? banning useless to have to fix the game soon !

Please DO NOT mistake, many use it sneaky way . means that if I do not change width of tires would you believe made time? banning useless to have to fix the game soon !

So, you're basically saying that you did the hack, deliberately obviously, to show PD that it's going on?

The seasonal leaderboards are now totally pointless then, because of people who can elevate their performance without getting found out.
Roll on March and Projectcars, this games had it.

Show me one other person in the top 10 that does this to get to where they are (not including your other account). So there is a way to cheat in GT6, that's great but, it wouldn't be a problem if people like you didn't do it in the first place would it?

You want banning pal, not just your PS3 but your IP and MAC address too so you can't just buy another PS3 and, you certainly don't deserve to be a member of a GT community like GTPlanet.

Well, without seeing your lap or how you deal with corners is pretty hard to give some advice. But the key, and even more in a wet track, is smoothness in the inputs. Also, be aware that sometimes is better to maintain half throttle more time than smash it earlier. When I began to improve in the leaderboards and made a big leap, was in this very track. I improved when I realised that half throttle is really important to obtain great times. Also, if you see top drivers braking late, is because they release the brake while turning in the early stage of the corner to rotate the car. This allows a later brake. Also, despite ABS on, you don't need to smash the brake pedal.

Hope you find some piece of advice useful. And of course, if I said something wrong, everybody is free to correct my mistakes.

Two days ago I was close to you but suddenly you made a big jump mate. Congratulations. I will try your advices and maybe I see you soon on the leaderboards :cheers:

:lol: hahahahaha.....

Look everyone, Bruno has come here to defend his cheating.

Bruno, you would not make those times without cheating, I can believe that you might just be able to scrap together a top 20 lap without cheating, but you've spoiled your chances to prove it.

I don't care what you do with your PS3/GT6 offline, that's your business. But there is NO EXCUSE for bringing that crap to the online leader-boards, it's pathetic and you should be ashamed, as should anyone else who does it.

I really hope your PS3's explode in your faces next time you go online with a hacked car.

Show me one other person in the top 10 that does this to get to where they are (not including your other account). So there is a way to cheat in GT6, that's great but, it wouldn't be a problem if people like you didn't do it in the first place would it?

You want banning pal, not just your PS3 but your IP and MAC address too so you can't just buy another PS3 and, you certainly don't deserve to be a member of a GT community like GTPlanet.

:lol: hahahahaha.....

Look everyone, Bruno has come here to defend his cheating.

Bruno, you would not make those times without cheating, I can believe that you might just be able to scrap together a top 20 lap without cheating, but you've spoiled your chances to prove it.

I don't care what you do with your PS3/GT6 offline, that's your business. But there is NO EXCUSE for bringing that crap to the online leader-boards, it's pathetic and you should be ashamed, as should anyone else who does it.

I really hope your PS3's explode in your faces next time you go online with a hacked car.

claapping.gif

Latest Posts

Back