520PP Super GT/GT300 Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 434 comments
"I have actually increased the slip for acceleration"?
Slip differential (LSD) acceleration, when increased the outside wheel will spin more easily instead of inside wheel, thus making tail bit more loose on exit but at the same time it prevents me from smashing the throttle too early because the car will spin....

But yeah, do not let the wheels spin, just maintain throttle control so that wheels never starts spinning so you have plenty more traction coming out of corners 👍

thank you ! Do you remember my final ranking a subaru vgt ?By the way anyone have a good suspension set up to advise me ? because i would like my care more stable for the last 5 corner . thank you

I saw u in P1 for a while then 3rd or 4th! If u can cope with the understeer on entry then im runnin

55/45
13.10/12.13
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
+0.15/+0.35

3/7 brakes

8/5/8 lsd

Adjust toe higher for more understeer etc, lower if u req a bit more turn in or rotation.. All depends on how good ur entry line is... The understeer helps keep the back end a little more planted and helps get on throttle for a faster exit... Does feel lazy at times but when u get it right.. Its good 👍 try the open diff at 5/5/5 like @Stotty suggested... That helps. Run toe at 0.00/0.03.... That was enough for me... Went higher just to gain on exit...

Had another run yesterday, tried @SW__10 setup, spent 20 minutes or so circulating thinking to myself "wow this thing is unbelievably stable" but it's not to different to my own so why is there so much more understeer?
Turns out I had left the down-force on it's default settings, so, I changed that and it was incredible, so much smoother than my own but, it had a strange wobble on corner exit. On Thursday I'd been playing with the AS setting offline to see what all the hype was about and what difference it made... Had forgotten to turn it off :banghead:

Didn't improve my time though so no damage done. It is a very good setup though, I'm almost certain once I'm feeling better (my entire household has either a cold or flu (or man-flu in my case)), I can improve again, @SW__10 your gearing is spot on.

Also had a go at the Tsukuba seasonal in the GSX-R (Horrible car), put about 20 minutes into that one to set my current fastest time only to find out I'd forgotten to turn the traction control off :banghead:

Not my best day lol.

Edit:
Current setup.

Suspension:
55/45
11.30/14.10
1/3
3/3
4/7
0.3/0.3
0.22/0.15

Brakes:
3/6

Transmission:
Initial FG: 3300
Max speed 112mph (min)
1: 5188
2: 3846
3: 3095
4: 2695
5: 2334
6: 1990
FG: 2500

Differential:
10/6/5

Power:
No Oil change
Low RPM Turbo
Limited: 98.4%

Body:
Downforce 350/600
No body rigidity improvement (works equally well with).

A massive thank you to @praiano63 for the base suspension settings and to @SW__10 for the gearing.

Last edited:
I saw u in P1 for a while then 3rd or 4th! If u can cope with the understeer on entry then im runnin

55/45
13.10/12.13
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
+0.15/+0.35

3/7 brakes

8/5/8 lsd

Adjust toe higher for more understeer etc, lower if u req a bit more turn in or rotation.. All depends on how good ur entry line is... The understeer helps keep the back end a little more planted and helps get on throttle for a faster exit... Does feel lazy at times but when u get it right.. Its good 👍 try the open diff at 5/5/5 like @Stotty suggested... That helps. Run toe at 0.00/0.03.... That was enough for me... Went higher just to gain on exit...

Really nice tune, I believe I just made my fastest first 3 sectors on your setup and even carried some pace over the finish line 32.023 it wasn't a big improvement, but it was after ten minutes on your setup, doesn't seem so bad :dopey:

Could be also the fact we did 5 lap "24 hour race" on wet nurb with @IBZ6L20VT yesterday :dopey: this feels rather easy after driving on nurburgring at night, someone like @IBZ6L20VT on your tail :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, congrats for @IBZ6L20VT fot the fastest lap :cheers: (I won heheheheh :lol:)

Last edited:

55/45
13.10/12.13
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
+0.15/+0.35

3/7 brakes

8/5/8 lsd

Ok i will try that ;)

I'm looking for help finding rear traction coming out of the slow corners, anyone got an adjustment to my setup HERE or maybe just some advice in general?

I seem to be able to match the top few drivers into and around the corner, just not on the exits and it's agonizing watching their ghosts just creep away from me lol.

@ODB Pleased to help mate, nice time!

I'm looking for help finding rear traction coming out of the slow corners, anyone got an adjustment to my setup HERE or maybe just some advice in general?

I seem to be able to match the top few drivers into and around the corner, just not on the exits and it's agonizing watching their ghosts just creep away from me lol.

@ODB Pleased to help mate, nice time!
EDIT: heh, I was suppose to quote @Evo19uk post, sorry mate!! But yeah, try that tune, it's great!!

Well, without seeing your lap or how you deal with corners is pretty hard to give some advice. But the key, and even more in a wet track, is smoothness in the inputs. Also, be aware that sometimes is better to maintain half throttle more time than smash it earlier. When I began to improve in the leaderboards and made a big leap, was in this very track. I improved when I realised that half throttle is really important to obtain great times. Also, if you see top drivers braking late, is because they release the brake while turning in the early stage of the corner to rotate the car. This allows a later brake. Also, despite ABS on, you don't need to smash the brake pedal.

Hope you find some piece of advice useful. And of course, if I said something wrong, everybody is free to correct my mistakes.

Thanks for the input and advice! Seems I'm heading in the right direction, based on what you mentioned, just very frustrated at times. Hope to get some more laps in this one before it's over. :cheers:

I kinda had the most luck w/ that braking technique at Suzuka and did quite well overall. So, I am really glad you pointed it out so I can make it a focal point to work on as a "skill" and not just a hit or miss. 👍

55/45
13.10/12.13
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
+0.15/+0.35

3/7 brakes

8/5/8 lsd

In an earlier post I think I remember you possibly (and others) mention adding ballast for stability. If so, are you currently using added ballast along w/ the above setup?

Thanks for the tune! :cheers:

Amazing how fast this car can go. Just seem to mess up the last corner a lot costing me quite a few tenths, otherwise would have had a good chance of getting into top 10 again. I find most annoying though G27 starts overheating just as I get into the rhythm, going to now switchover to the T300. Hopefully it works and I can drive well enough to beat my current time with it but will likely be a big change as I've used a G27 wheel and pedals for over 3 years now. Worst case scenario, go back to G27 for this TT and hope to do a decent lap.

In an earlier post I think I remember you possibly (and others) mention adding ballast for stability. If so, are you currently using added ballast along w/ the above setup?

Thanks for the tune! :cheers:
No ballast mate

Great work on this seasonal guys. Nice to see so many of us up there and fighting together. Hope theres many more like it (obviously with you lot under me) ;)👍

Awesome job @nicokin89 proved me right about the 30s ;):bowdown:

Gunna put some hours into this tommorow and try and gain, sort of been naughty and left it alone for some 650pp racing instead :D

Last edited:
Well did try the T300 GTE but pedals have massive deadzone and hard to reach the due to wheel being so big in size and pedals lift up when pushing on them. Must say FFB does feel very different compared to the G27. Out of interest @SW__10, what steering wheel settings are you running on this event?

Well did try the T300 GTE but pedals have massive deadzone and hard to reach the due to wheel being so big in size and pedals lift up when pushing on them. Must say FFB does feel very different compared to the G27. Out of interest @SW__10, what steering wheel settings are you running on this event?

I'm running torque 2 sensitivity 3.
I settled on this as it gave me plenty of info, but I could still move the wheel fast...
.... without having to have a brawl with it..:lol:..👍.....I lift weights if I want to work out :lol:.

I think you already know I'm using the G27 pedals with my T300rs...:dopey:...👍.

There is a fix for the pedal deadzone in the T300 thread 👍

:cheers:

I'm running torque 2 sensitivity 3.
I settled on this as it gave me plenty of info, but I could still move the wheel fast...
.... without having to have a brawl with it..:lol:..👍.....I lift weights if I want to work out :lol:.

I think you already know I'm using the G27 pedals with my T300rs...:dopey:...👍.

There is a fix for the pedal deadzone in the T300 thread 👍

Managed a 1:36 with them pedals, problem was it wasn't braking when I had low inputs. Going to return it and hopefully the latest batch have pedals fixed and any other problems resolved. Is your wheel noisy at all? I started off with the 6/10, same as G27, doesn't feel as easy to feel limit of tyres but quite good to countersteer. I imagine it feels more like a real racing car wheel though.

Yep, them G27 pedals are really good. I switched to some T500RS pedals now and they are much more easier to reach than the T300 pedals and don't appear to have as much deadzone although to me the feeling of brake pedal is not as good as the G27 but maybe because I'm not used to it. Managed to do .5XX first sectors with wheel so hopefully I can get better and more consistent with this wheel and will try your settings and see if it can provide more subtle info 👍.

@Saidur_Ali : T300 noise....... I mostly wear headphones while I'm driving :lol:......
.....But, when I have driven without headphones. The fan kicks in after a short while, but other than that it's very quiet.

I hope you get the pedals sorted 👍. Mine are put away as spare. In case of emergencies :lol:.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone at the top of the leader-board who is sharing their tunes. I am sitting at a 1.33.662 and seem to have a hard time finishing a lap once I realize I am ahead of my ghost. I am left wondering, what kind of ranking I should be aiming for in these seasonal events to have a chance in GT Academy. I was hoping to finish at a top 100 spot, but it doesn't look like that will happen with the time I have left.

Had a good session today and improved my time by over .200 :dopey:.

I changed to Low Turbo with no oil change and a small tweak to the LSD 👍.

Full updated tune here.

I'll try high turbo tomorrow! :dopey: :dunce:...:lol:.

Do you mean high turbo or medium turbo? Up until you posted this update I have been using medium turbo and thought it helped, although using this latest update seems to be quicker. Time will tell.
I did try high turbo a while ago but found it didn't help me, not sure whose tune I was using.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone at the top of the leader-board who is sharing their tunes. I am sitting at a 1.33.662 and seem to have a hard time finishing a lap once I realize I am ahead of my ghost. I am left wondering, what kind of ranking I should be aiming for in these seasonal events to have a chance in GT Academy. I was hoping to finish at a top 100 spot, but it doesn't look like that will happen with the time I have left.

Great time 👍. Have the same problem, to not mess up the last few fast corners when your up on your own ghost.
(although I'm quite a bit slower than you) I always turn the map off completely to not get distracted by your own personal best.

Regarding the GT Academy rankings, these seasonal's are not really a good indication for GT Academy. So many top players are not even trying their best or have stopped with GT6 (for now) and switched to AC (for example).
Once GT Academy starts you will see a whole different competition.

The last 5 months I usually end up in the top 750 (with DS3, ABS1). But for example when there is a new VGT model with a TT a lot of players join to see this new car and I struggled to reach the top 1500.

In no way I want to discourage you or bring your hopes down but this is from my experience the last couple of years.

Regarding the GT Academy rankings, these seasonal's are not really a good indication for GT Academy. So many top players are not even trying their best or have stopped with GT6 (for now) and switched to AC (for example).
Once GT Academy starts you will see a whole different competition.

What Mike says above is spot on... I typically rank top 20-30 in the world in Seasonals, but I'd struggle to reach the UK Academy finals.

And the amount of time and commitment required (for me at least) to get there is very high... When I qualified back in 2010 I pretty much ran sessions every day; 1-2 hours after work on week days, longer sessions on weekends.

To give you an idea of how to judge your performance; I'd say to have any chance of reaching your National Academy Finals you would need to be able to consistently be within 1 second of the #1 ranked time on regular Seasonal Events. But this is somewhat event dependent - in this particular event for example, the gaps are closer and you'd likely need to be <0.5s off the top ranked time.

Last edited:
Bugger me this ones frustrating. :banghead: Just had a 20 minute session. Round the back of the circuit I was evil, coming from behind my friends list, to in front in 2 corners. Then today my bogey corner was the second to last!! Any tips for me?

Did 2 1:31.9's in a row, then lost the groove :nervous: Really hoping I can make a good gain before the end. Well done to @Stotty @SW__10 and @Evo19uk for their great gains :cheers:

Well I can't see me taking the time to attempt Academy races, too much fun right here, not that I'm in Academy class anyway.
Still using SW_10's updated tune and have had a small success, now on 1:33.977, (#267) over 2 tenths better and into the 33's.
Now just .114 behind Nowcontrol.

Improved again today :dopey:...👍...shaved off almost 2 tenths again :dunce:..:dopey:..:lol:.

only changed LSD to 10/7/10.

I tried the High turbo...didn't like it....went back to the Low turbo.

I´ve noticed this improvement this afternoon following your blue line. I improved also 2 tenths :).
Great lap amigo

Well iv beat my old 31.796 about 5 times clean... And still only gained to a 31.674 haha... Got my tune and consistency running well now, usually a tenth up on MTTI coming out the second to last corner... HOWEVER... The only corner my setup doesnt like is the final one and that little rascal creeps back in front of me before the finish line :lol: hell im gunna keep going till i get a .4! Great job @SW__10
Get my ferrari add on wheel for the t500 on wednesday too, no more stretching for the paddle! May get to try it out in this seasonal for a few hours at least :D

Back