550pp Rally Car Super Lap: Chamonix West

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 193 comments
Improved to 2:09.772. #681 for now.
Just wonder how many is driving with Directional button?
Wery hard to improve much with that.
As a 56y beginner i am not pleased with that couse i am a former rally driver and love this game.
have big problem to find a controller with steeringweels that feels natural.
I always used the directional buttons until I started using my G27 wheel a week or two ago.
I am doing OK with the wheel on the snow but not as well on the other track, Tsukuba on bitumen.
Don't think I tried this one (snow) with the DS3 buttons but I can still do better with it at Tsukuba.
Incidentally I'm 67.
PS, I did OK with the buttons, usually around pos #500 mark and often better. Currently I'm sub #300 with my wheel on the snow.

Last edited:
Improved to 2:09.772. #681 for now.
Just wonder how many is driving with Directional button?
Wery hard to improve much with that.
As a 56y beginner i am not pleased with that couse i am a former rally driver and love this game.
have big problem to find a controller with steeringweels that feels natural.

I´ve been playing with DS3 bottons until 2 months ago. Now I use Thrustmaster T300RS and I improved 2 or 3 seconds and I have more fun

:cheers:

Still using DS3 and presently at 2:07:776. (While using the track :mad:)
If I read the posts above I should really start looking for a proper wheel.....

Thanks again to everyone sharing their tips and tunes :cheers:

Finally getting around to doing this one. Got a 2:28 as my first full valid lap. I can do 2:21, but I hit at least one barrier.

This one's interesting because it's a relatively long track and you have to drift the whole thing while not hitting the walls. Good challenge.

Finally getting around to doing this one. Got a 2:28 as my first full valid lap. I can do 2:21, but I hit at least one barrier.

This one's interesting because it's a relatively long track and you have to drift the whole thing while not hitting the walls. Good challenge.
Some of it has to do with easing off before some corners while you straighten up a bit, the old adage, 'slow in fast out' applies to a number of corners here. Have you looked at a top 10 replay? Might help although I'd ignore the corner cutting. Good luck.

:P The gap should have been bigger as I was almost half a sec up on both mine and your ghost on the back straight and up to the final split, but I was over cautious in the last sector slowing way too much and stupidly threw away those tenths. :banghead: :ill:

Great battling with you for the top spot tho. 👍 I spent much more time here than I did at Tsukuba. :D

Last edited:
Hmmm out of 3 tries with my 550 pp Lancer Evo X Rally Car, 2 landed against the barrier and one gave me 2:30.305, that's more than 10 seconds away from gold. :P I'm using the stock tune setup but purchased every upgrade, left the high rpm turbo out, turned power down to cap at 550 pp and set transmission to 50:50.

I suck at rally driving though but if anyone could give a good tune specifically for this circuit I'll give it another goal. Would be fun to reach gold but I wonder if it's even possible for me.

Ooh yeah I bought the game in dec '13 but didn't play much, left it untouched for over a year but picked it up again now. Needless to say I don't have much credits or cars so buying another (better) rally car is something I rather avoid. :P

Tj's advice IF you are like me,a newb in Rally,use the S1 '87 Pikes Peek !! I found it to be very,very much easyer to drive than any other car,IF you are newb in rally,it is week'r but also weigh's less. If you are an experiensed Rally driver,it is probably to week but for newbs i think this car offers the shortest way to a ok time,it will take you to 2 07 pretty easy,i dont think it can get you to top 50 but top 500 should be no problem,it handle like a dream compared to for example the S1 Rally version and i used 2 days with it to get from 2 13 to 2 07 and that was my first time in a Rally event in gt6 ever,with the S1 rally i would probably not even get there at all no matter how much work and time i had put in..The S1 Rally verson have 100 HP moore but it is(in MY weiw ass newb) like a dilligence to drive and i will say that those 2 cars compared the Pikes pretty much drives it self,!!!

Tj's advice IF you are like me,a newb in Rally,use the S1 '87 Pikes Peek !! I found it to be very,very much easyer to drive than any other car,IF you are newb in rally,it is week'r but also weigh's less. If you are an experiensed Rally driver,it is probably to week but for newbs i think this car offers the shortest way to a ok time,it will take you to 2 07 pretty easy,i dont think it can get you to top 50 but top 500 should be no problem,it handle like a dream compared to for example the S1 Rally version and i used 2 days with it to get from 2 13 to 2 07 and that was my first time in a Rally event in gt6 ever,with the S1 rally i would probably not even get there at all no matter how much work and time i had put in..The S1 Rally verson have 100 HP moore but it is(in MY weiw ass newb) like a dilligence to drive and i will say that those 2 cars compared the Pikes pretty much drives it self,!!!
Please, you can atleast TRY to use proper grammar and spelling.
And this thread is 2 YEARS old, why do you feel the need to resurrect it when there is a perfectly good thread for this TT on the first page?

Please do not post here, not even to reply to me. instead do it in the new thread.

Back