550pp Rally Car Super Lap: Chamonix West

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 193 comments
I wanna share my setup for the Audi quattro S1 Rally Car´83.

Iam not a pro Tuner, so this is a very simple and radical Setup. Its not perfect but this setup is good for 2:06,495 / 129 th. (and another second for improvement)

Suspension:
165/165
6,48/7,18
3/3
2/2
5/6
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/ 0.20

Brake balance: 5/6

Transmisson:
Highspeed only set up to 155mph

LCD
10/10
60/60
10/10

50/50

Turbo 3

Full Downforce

If your are suggestions for improvements you are welcome !

Dank sche recht narrisch, gö!? :bowdown:

This SetUp is even better than the Praiano SetUp, but in my Hands it improved me from 2:19,9xx to 2:15,xxx only.
2:06,xxx is definitely out of reach for me, I would already be VERY happy with a 2:10,9xx to beat one of my friends, but I'm afraid this time HE wins (for the 1st time ever in more than 1 year).:confused:

However, many thanks for the SetUp, maybe I can still find 1 or 2 seconds (once I learn to drive).:mad:

Dank sche recht narrisch, gö!? :bowdown:

This SetUp is even better than the Praiano SetUp, b

Thx, but Praiano´s SetUp´s are very good. But the setup he did was not build for snow ! He built it for the Nordschleife

Thats the reason why you can´t handle this setup.

And i also started in 2:24,000 than 2:22 than 2:19 than 2:17 and so on ...

@praiano63 tune for the Audi Quattro s1 Rally Car '86 (which I used for the Nürburg 24' races too) is very good.
Rallying is not really my most beloved activity, but I managed 2:11,414 after some 10 tries (easy gold on the second try, after being disqualified for "touching" a ribbon at the end of lap 1).
1645 th place at this moment, but I might give it another try. Really love the car...

Edit: with a few changes I managed 2:09,282 for place 1142.
Tried ALL rally cars, but the audi is still the fastest!
The other good thing: I nowhave free snow tires on all rally cars, without having to buy them :D

Last edited:
hsv
Simply, some people are more casual than others, some are still new and learning, so if the event allows for certain aids then I don't see why it's frowned upon to use them.

think of it like a sport.
in golf, getting a -5 and your buddy getting a -5, but only because he has a 30 handicap.
in baseball, you have the leading stolen base record, but get put to second because someone outdid you because he juiced and didn't get caught....

No, its not the same. but same ballpark.
using driver aids? I say go for it, because everyone else in the game has those same options, if they chose not to use them that's thier decision. but winning by going off track when th AI doesn't have that same option? yeah, thats cheating.
being disqualified because you accidently hit the wall? thats just B/S. but cutting corners? yeah, just because you can get away with something doesnt make it right. (see the baseball refrence above)

Last edited:
Well, this isn't the first nor the last time that people will try to cheat. I remember a recent quick match (the one with the Toyobaru twins on Fuji) when some smart@sses found out that it was quicker to cut corners 10 and 11 full throttle and take the time penalty rather than properly taking those corners. Sadly I saw the habit spreading as days got by. That's just stupid.

Well, this isn't the first nor the last time that people will try to cheat. I remember a recent quick match (the one with the Toyobaru twins on Fuji) when some smart@sses found out that it was quicker to cut corners 10 and 11 full throttle and take the time penalty rather than properly taking those corners. Sadly I saw the habit spreading as days got by. That's just stupid.
Again, how is using an open and always legal area of track that anyone is free to use cheating?

hsv
Again, how is using an open and always legal area of track that anyone is free to use cheating?

And again, just because its open doesn't mean its legal. The chicanes at Monza are open too, so I suppose you are going to say its legal to short cut those as well. :rolleyes: In GT5, there was a big hole in Top Gear Test Track that was left open but it was surely an oversight on PD's part on not fixing it so just because it has always been that way doesn't make it legal. The road is there for a reason, drive on it. Everyone knows that PD's track boundaries/penalties are messed up at some tracks, this is just another classic example. If you want to resort to cutting the corners, then go right ahead. I, and others obviously, choose not to and take pride in knowing that I don't have to resort to such tactics to get the job done.

hsv

The Fuji example I gave is clearly a game exploit. That falls under "cheating" in my book.

While the Chamonix case is a bit more ambiguous (as one could argue that since there's the space to do it and no time penalty when using that shortcut it can be considered as an "alternative line"), I think we have every reason to believe that being able to use that part of the track for a time gain was never intended by the developers.

But that's just it: It IS legal BECAUSE it's open! The ball is really at PD's end here. Now, i've got the job done: 2:10 without cornercutting, could i be allowed to play with climbing on the leaderboard just for the competition?
EDIT: Not saying i will...

But that's just it: It IS legal BECAUSE it's open! The ball is really at PD's end here. Now, i've got the job done: 2:10 without cornercutting, could i be allowed to play with climbing on the leaderboard just for the competition?
EDIT: Not saying i will...

And like I just said, the chicanes at Monza are open too, so does that mean they are fair game as well? I don't think so. The way I see it, it is just another oversight on PD's part in implementing proper barriers/penalties.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't remember being able to cut the chicanes in a Monza-Seasonal-TT!? But yes: If you don't get Redlapped, it's legal -stupid as it may be.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't remember being able to cut the chicanes in a Monza-Seasonal-TT!? But yes: If you don't get Redlapped, it's legal -stupid as it may be.

There for awhile, not sure if its still that way, you could go way on the Green part with both wheels/sides of the car. Clearly the rumbles are the track limits in most places, but this Green part is well back of that. I guarantee you that if it were some official competition, there would be cones at both tracks. Just because there's not though, doesn't make it legal. Again, its just an oversight/laziness on PD's part to properly implement barriers/penalties.

I see points on both sides.
You already know my take, from the post a few up I made, that said;
IF it is a solo race, as in, the races on your game you do not need to be online to race, OR the repeatable seasonals, like the solo- low-medium-expert cash grinders, then have at it. Do whatever you want, cut whatever, who cares. You are the only person looking at yourself in the mirror on those, so if you are fine with it, then more power to you.

IF, its not solo, . . .
This is a game based on a sport, that records times on laps around a coarse. Every coarse has lines, much like regular roads, to show the "rules" of the sport. Do you want to cheat? -disqualified-
Its not fair.

No, I've no respect for cheaters and i would never resolve to it when i race with my friends in Danish GranTurismo racing -series -or in any other game for that matter! And i would love for the game boundaries to match the tracks.

Last edited:
I see points on both sides.
You already know my take, from the post a few up I made, that said;
IF it is a solo race, as in, the races on your game you do not need to be online to race, OR the repeatable seasonals, like the solo- low-medium-expert cash grinders, then have at it. Do whatever you want, cut whatever, who cares. You are the only person looking at yourself in the mirror on those, so if you are fine with it, then more power to you.

IF, its not solo, . . .
This is a game based on a sport, that records times on laps around a coarse. Every coarse has lines, much like regular roads, to show the "rules" of the sport. Do you want to cheat? -disqualified-
Its not fair

And that is my whole point. 👍

It's a fictional circuit on a video game, and the video game considers the so-called 'shortcut' to be a legitimate part of the track. That makes it fair game for me at least. I do understand why others might not see it that way, but my desire to strive for the best lap times makes me want to use the fastest possible line that the game will allow me to...

Last edited:
Does anyone have a tune for the Mitsubishi Super Rally Car?

I got a quick one that will be rewarding with a smooth style and progressive throttle input. I'm at 2:07.224 as of last week without the shortcutting.

No oil change or chassis strengthening

160/120
7.20/6.24
4/4
4/4
3/4
0/0
0/0

Wanting all that torque I left transmission gears stock but went to 4.750 final gear

10/15
40/30
15/20
40:60

Engine stage 3 at 98.7%
2.72 kg/hp

Aero is 120/200

Not bad, but not cutting edge sharp style. Stay smooth and fast.

Last edited:
audi quattro rally car 86 lap 2.04.050 yesterday 30 world

165 70
7.20 9.15
7 8
7 8
0.00 0.00
-0.15 -0.31

brake 5 6
gears standard 220 km final 3671

lsd
8 8
18 33
6 6
43 57 distribution

heig turbo no oil change

aero 150 348
ballast 172kg -10
chassis reinforzament

Last edited:
A couple of laps for me here also just to bag the credits... I used to enjoy rally and snow events but only in a policed event! who really wants to wall bash and corner cut there way around a track when there is a track layout there 👎 imo it makes it look like a bit more skill was involved if they stay on the track and contact free whilst watching the top runners replays

Sorry until these are driven entirely on the track then they are a bit pointless other than quick credits! no competitive value whatsoever :P Shame it's 2 weeks before hopefully a more competitive event replaces it :(

Had fun with the Audi, so I purchased the Lancia Delta S4 for 1.45 million credits only to find out the I can't use the manual shifter on my G27. Disappointing. I wonder what gives? :confused:

Sorry until these are driven entirely on the track then they are a bit pointless other than quick credits! no competitive value whatsoever :P
Why is it not competitive? Everybody is still driving the same track and therefore, everyone has the same ability to take the 'alternate route' (I'm not even calling it a shortcut if the game doesn't treat it as one) at the hairpin in question...

Basic ethics should tell you that isn't a legit part of the track. If that doesn't explain why some people will never take your 'alternate route' than you should go in to politics.

Let's address the problem - not the people addressing the problem. :)

The line between reality and fantasy gets blurred when there are layers of competitiveness.
When there are layers of competitiveness the reality (or fantasy) is not the same for everybody.

Here we have a puzzle that has an equal number of clues for everybody.

The objective is to get to the finish line as fast as possible without being penalised.

The objective to be first while doing it one way or another is not built into the puzzle;
for that Players have to make their own puzzle and set their own realities. Or fantasies.

Further:
The data may be viewed in various ways when plotting waypoints for the programming of future races after the results. What the devs will do with unorthordox drivelines can only be imagined. Unless one is a dev themselves.

I can understand drivers who would like to compete in a 'real' fashion; I guess this event is not for them - unless they make up their own competition within the puzzle; one with their own objectives.

That would make for an interesting Leaderboard within the chaff.

DS3 novice here, used Praiano's 550pp tune for normal Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car but applied it to the 15th Anniversary edition model, as that's the one I have. Tremendous!

2m09.323s puts me 543rd in the world and top of my friends list. It won't be for long but sweet while it lasts. :D

No shortcuts, naturally. (Look at the penalties in 2014 WRC events to understand 'shortcut' in the world of rallying.)
TCS: 0 [you don't really get wheelspin in PD's dirt physics, just like GT2]
ABS: 1 [try to straighten it a bit before you start braking, coast and remember to downshift up to the apex]
Steering: 5

Drivetrain (Transmision)
Tranny trick (Final all the way right, Max Speed all the way left, then do the below)
1: 1.875
2: 2.150
3: 1.775
4: 1.500
5: 1.275
6: 1.100
Final: 3.750
Change up before the red, if you get a chance to look across!

Drivetrain
Centre Differential: 50:50 [as recommended throughout this thread for snow]

Body
Downforce: 150 300 [bit more rear helped me control it at high speed, found it a bit snappy at 250 rear]

Bumpy straight is a lottery with this setup. Sometimes it was smooth, other times crazy. I went left of the middle of the track then pointed slightly right before the bumps. It landed with a bit of a tank-slapper (weaving left and right) but the wheels where on the ground, which I find tends to help with control.

The advice to use softer dampers to, well, dampen this part probably sound. The surface is bowling green smooth elsewhere, so you might lose time in other areas.

I'm now going to bury my head in the sand snow and pretend I'm faster than @SW__10 and @Roweer1 and @nowcontrol and @Johnsmith147 and @WhoosierGirl and @GTP_CargoRatt and you can't stop me!

A friend of mine gave me a SetUp for the Audi Quattro S1 Ralley Car 15th Anniversary Edition, with which I found 1,8 seconds in the first 2 laps I did with this SetUp.
As is generally known, I'm not the best of drivers, so
my current best lap with this SetUp is: 2:12,481
but I know that there are many out there who would want to get such a time (I was one of them until short).
So please find the "Tune" below, courtesy of "SpeedyFizzi":

Audi Quattro S1 Ralley Car 15th Anniversary Edition SetUp
© SpeedyFizzi
550 PP
394 kW
1.265 kg
Weight Distribution: 44:56
574 Nm

Suspension:
145/145
9,00/8,20
4/4
4/4
3/3
0,0/0,0
1,00/1,00
Brake-Balance: 7/8

Diff. Gear:
10/10
20/50
10/20
Torque-Distribution: 40/60

Power:
Limiter: 100%
Mid RPM Turbo

Bodywork:
Downforce: 120/200 (or Max. 150/350 if maximum downforce fits your needs better)
Ballast: 175 Kg @ +50

Gearbox: STOCK (!!!)
Top Speed: 260 km/h (or lower [250 km/h] is possible)
1st 3,494
2nd 2,427
3rd 1,805
4th 1,404
5th 1,144
6th 0,975
Final Gear: 4,059

I had a go a this challenge myself and did a 02:05:745, for rank 104 (at least yesterday evening).
Much room for improvement, fun challenge. Yes, I took the shortcut, but I personally don't see any problem with that, as @Roweer1 said everything that doesn't redlap you is okay for me.

Had fun with the Audi, so I purchased the Lancia Delta S4 for 1.45 million credits only to find out the I can't use the manual shifter on my G27. Disappointing. I wonder what gives? :confused:

It's a standard car with a custom gearbox, isn't it? That must be the reason why you can't use the manual shifter. We need an update...

Back