5th Gear

  • Thread starter Thread starter DQuaN
  • 125 comments
  • 10,823 views
New series starts on five soon.

April 10th @ 8.00

Not as good as TG but atleast it will give me my fix of hot cars, and VBH
 
I missed the first episode, pity with it covering the motorshow, but I saw this one. Some good stuff in it, I liked the two modern classic look-a-like's.
 
I thought that tonights episode was quite good,

- The Q7 was an interesting one, quite a wierd car chase but it does seem to corner well....I like the lane departure assist lights on the wing mirrors....

- That Forester STI looked like a tank but man did it go fast! which that had won so they could have given it away for the 5th gear competition!

- My favourite bit of the episode was about that car washing bloke... possibly the most over the top in the world.... like 42 steps or something!! using 6,000 pounds car wax!, special neutral ph soap, special wheel cleaner.... that sensor that detects the flatness of the paint! etc etc... although the results at the end were amazing on the MC12! he must get loads of amazing cars passing through there! .... costs 5,000 a wash! wonder if its worth getting that wax for my vauxhall corsa :lol:

Good Episode I thought for 5th gear, they are really making an effort!
 
Imo a big problem with the Q7 was that it's got all these gadgets, and like Ford said you'll becmoe too relaint on them, what happens when your suddnly trying to reverse into a tight space in a car that doesn't have that reversing guide system, same with blind spots, if you got too used to the ligths you might find your looking in the mirrors but then chang lane without checking the blind spot because you didn't see the warning lights flashing.
 
live4speed
Imo a big problem with the Q7 was that it's got all these gadgets, and like Ford said you'll becmoe too relaint on them, what happens when your suddnly trying to reverse into a tight space in a car that doesn't have that reversing guide system, same with blind spots, if you got too used to the ligths you might find your looking in the mirrors but then chang lane without checking the blind spot because you didn't see the warning lights flashing.

Yeah, I totally agree.... features like this are distroying peoples own judgement, skills and ability to drive.... I bet driving instructors hate this kind of stuff... people will just start to totally ignore everything around them and as you said just pull out or lane change without looking!.... when they say this features assist people get the impression that they replace!
 
i watch it only for VBH. she has an amazing voice, (GT prologue)...and is a sexy baitch.

DQuaN
Monday had the first in the new series of 5th Gear in the UK.

.
 
Guys we should not be talking about torrents in here.
 
TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Guys we should not be talking about torrents in here.


That was 5 months ago, and it was a Supermod that asked. I don't think he needs telling. Torrents are only against the rules if you are talking about copyrighted material. I'm not sure what the deal with final gear and 5th gear is.


TurboSmoke
i watch it only for VBH. she has an amazing voice, (GT prologue)...and is a sexy baitch.

VBH was in Prologue?
 
DQuaN
VBH was in Prologue?

Yhe she did the voice over for the DVD and for the Test's and yeh I think she is great too, and she can drive better than allot of other presenters. The Q7 looked quite nice, but the senario they placed it in sucked, they should have gone to London and tried to drive it around there.

And the remade oldies were very cool, I would love one of them for fun driving.
 
Next ep on in 2 mins

edit: Well, this is looking like it could possibly be the single worst feature I've ever seen on 5th Gear. They're doing a Land Rover G4 event with cycling, climbing and land rover driving. What's the point in that? This is 5th gear, not blue peter. Hopefully the Z4 M Roadster and F430 challenge will go some way to relieving the boredom! :lol:
 
Was a relativley good episode, yeh the LR G4 thing was a pile, butthe rest seemed ok, the f430c was great, and the Maybach was silly. but overall was ok and worth watching.
 
Never got to see the end of it, went out to play pool. Might catch the re-run for the F430 Challenge.
 
It was quite a good episode, liked the maybach bit.... was really interesting. The Ferrari was amazing although I agree with VBH it didnt have a super loud roar to it because of its strait through exsaust system.....
 
Fifth Gear got awsome I have to say! They have made big improvements to their show and now they have this nice HQ. I used to hate their show but now it got really nice. In comparison with Top Gear, its cooler because they have a girl test driving the cars, and thier more of a people show - less official....
 
I like the show, and I actually think it is more eclectic that Top Gear. But sometimes, they p*** me of with those little bits, like that unconscious guy in the Land Rover. They keep telling you over and over again, and when you finally get there, it's a set up! How cheap is that? It's like "don't stop watching our show, cause the interesting bit will be shown at the end!". Those are the moments when Top Gear is so much better.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
This weeks episode is quite good. Drifting A BMW M3 and Audi RS4 was cool and the RS4 sounds better too, but alot of understeer. The exotic car sharing scheme in America is a really good idea if you have got the cash. The new Alfa sucks, and also look rubbish IMO, Ive always hated the looks of Alfa cars.
 
Yeah this week was great, great feature on the RS4 and M3, also they got some info on that Pipeline cheaper fuel scheme, might eventually be worth taking part in, but not yet.
 
I loved the testing of the M3 against the RS4, and i knew in my mind that the RS4 would win most of the tests. Since the RS4 is one of those sleeper cars on the looks part.

Until they see the RS sign next to the four.
 
I love the bit in the A-class...

VBH - "how do you turn off the traction control?"

Cameraman - "DONT!!!"

:lol:

Next weeks episode looks like it going to be good..... and Top Gears starting soon!
 
RS4 vs M3 CS section was good and Vicki's looking hot this week in the mini-MPV comparison.
 
Tonights episode was the best this series. That guy with all the cars just made me envious, wish I had the cash hes got.
 
I missed it. Forgot it was on. I'll have to catch a repeat at some point.
 
Yeah it was a good episode, that GT40 repilca was awesome to see on the track.
 
Im suprised no one commented on last weeks episode, was really good and interesting.......

It was good to see the world of the car spyshot photographer..... In the midlands there tends to be loads of covered up cars driving around (what with jag and land rover round here).....

I think the Eos is a gimmic...... I looked so much better in concept and I dont see why anyone would pay such a higher price tag when there are so many small hard top convertable cars around for much cheaper...

The Gumball thing was ace..... I dont know where you can see any coverage of it on UK TV..... (like the normal 5 channels)

Racing the skoda and golf in reverse was a waste of time, they should have just done it the normal way....... you dont see topgear messing with lap times like that..... should be a proper test.....

Whe I saw the corvette the first thing that sprung into my mind was top gear covering it like a week before...... hmm copying. Nice car thou.

The best bit by far in the episode was Tom driving the fuel cell honda on that Japaniese research island...... that was so interesting and fun, he is a great presenter and Im loving the run of these "interesting car related things from round the world" that 5th gear is doing eith him, so far he has seen the exclusive car club in texas, seen what its like to buy a maybach, been to the geneva motorshow, been to the US to test the Q7 and now Japan, very worldly and I think this that repest is the section of the programme that beat top gear..... they hardly ever go anywhere outside europe and they just go to test cars not find out interesting stuff.......

I found the bit at the end where they slighty take the piss of BBC's planet earth really funny, nice little addition......

Was a good episode!

Robin
 
They didn't copy TopGear with the Z06, it's just scheduling, both features were filmed before either went on the air, it just seems that TopGears schedule is further forwards than 5th gears. You have to remember, the fact the 5th gear episode airs earlier in the week than TopGear makes it seem like it's two episodes apart sometimes, but really it's normally just one. You have to remember that when an episode of 5th gear that airs on a Monday, it isn't after the TopGear on the Sunday before, it's actually before the Topgear on the sunday after.
 
live4speed
They didn't copy TopGear with the Z06, it's just scheduling, both features were filmed before either went on the air, it just seems that TopGears schedule is further forwards than 5th gears. You have to remember, the fact the 5th gear episode airs earlier in the week that TopGear give TopGear makes it seem like it's two episodes apart sometimes, but really it's normally just one. You have to remember that when an episode of 5th gear that airs on a Monday, it isn't after the TopGear on the Sunday before, it's actually before the Topgear on the sunday after.

Yeah that makes sense, although both tend to review the same cars in the same weekly slots probably more to do with the availability and release of the car at the time.....

What did you think of the episode and this ever increasing quality 5th gear are seeming to do?
 
I thought it was very good, I do think 5th gear is getting better and better all the time. I hope they don't take too much out of TopGear and fit it into their show, because I don't want to watch the same show twice if you know what I mean, but where they are right now is very good. I agree with the twists they put on the races, I don't care about how easy it is the do a lap of Anglsey in reverse, I want to know how good the cars are properly. That's really the only gripe with the last episode though.
 
This was another good episode, enjoyed the Aston Martin DBRS racing and seeing the 888 Astra against the VXR. Interesting to see the Lexus Hybrid, Plato could be right in saying that eventually all the Toyota's be hybrid powered......
 
agreed, last nights was a good episode, I liked the GT racing, and VBH racing the Vauxhual's was good, the rest was a bit pants, but thats 5thGear.
 
Dunno why, but I enjoy fifth gear more (since the eight season) than top gear. The presenters in top gear seem abit over enthusiastic, and they seem to speak too much about non car related stuff, and include strange factors when reviewing cars for example "ferrari spyder is bad because the people outside can see your gray/bald hair."

Also fifth gear seems to include more sensible and normal cars than top gear.

I've watched some of the old top gears and they seem better then the new ones in my opinion.
 
Back