6 months in and the dailies still have no N-class racing, or tuning.

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 77 comments

Would you like N class racing and tuning in the dailies?

• Yes, I want to see both

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • Yes, I want N class racing, but no tuning

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • Yes, I want tuning, but I don;t care about the street cars

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • No, I like it the way it is. No tuning and no street cars.

Votes: 24 17.9%

• Total voters
Yeah I’ve been doing random lobbies quite a bit lately and there’s often a significant disparity between racers even in the same car in a straight line! (The gearbox flattening has got to go!).
You need to be able to allow for wheel users and controller users.
Even balancing that is quite a task, never mind adding tuning into the mix.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind tuning but I think there would be much, much fewer close races.

What if I do a Tuesday night series where my tune is posted and folks are free to use it as long as the gearbox remains stock. My issue with not allowing tuning on street cars is that they feel like junk in stock form.

Who would be interested in this car?

200 hp, race hard tires

I' open to any configuration of tire wear, fuel consumption and race length.

Since multiquoting the same thing isn’t working...

“The 911 is still one of the best cars in the class despite it's gearing, just think of the advantage that car would get just from gearbox tuning alone over the rest of the field.”

Just think of how that transmission or suspension will become nothing when all the cars have access to the same settings.

”A lot of these cars that 'drive on ice' are still very fast, you just need to adapt your driving to them accordingly and they start handling much better as well.”

Why should I have to change my driving style when half of these tunes are horrible and don’t help it in any way, shape, or form?

Just to clarify, I don’t really care if daily races ABC continue to be fixed to pander to those who truly believe it’s “equal,” but they need to add a daily race for tuning, and it’s silly to not allow tuning in the FIA championships because like I’ve said in other threads, I don’t know of a single Motorsport outside of one-makes that doesn’t allow any sort of suspension or transmission tuning when there’s multiple different car options.

Last edited:
Since multiquoting the same thing isn’t working...

“The 911 is still one of the best cars in the class despite it's gearing, just think of the advantage that car would get just from gearbox tuning alone over the rest of the field.”

Just think of how that transmission or suspension will become nothing when all the cars have access to the same settings.

”A lot of these cars that 'drive on ice' are still very fast, you just need to adapt your driving to them accordingly and they start handling much better as well.”

Why should I have to change my driving style when half of these tunes are horrible and don’t help it in any way, shape, or form?
How about someone tries and test the idea of tuned BoP cars through time trials? 💡

Not me though since I don't care enough to devote my time to it

Why should I have to change my driving style

I think your main issue isn't with a lack of tuning, just refusing to do what every racing driver in the world has to do.

The FIA Championships are designed to find the best drivers in the game. The best drivers adapt to what they are given and don't take the easy option and start blaming game design for poor performance.

Anyway in real life the driver isn't left all by themselves to do setup. Their job is to drive as fast as they can and give feedback on how the car behaves so the engineers and mechanics can make the setup changes as required. I don't see PD giving us all race engineers in the near future, so this is the fairest way to ensure as level a playing field as possible.

Personally, I'd like to see tuning in the Dailies... most cars have way too much understeer stock, and even if you can't tune yourself, there will be decent tunes available on here in no time at all (there will also be loads of **** tunes as well :lol:)

However...

It won't make any difference to which cars are fastest - the fastest cars will benefit just as much from tuning as the slowest cars.

It won't allow DRB drivers to compete with Aliens; The fundamental limit to how fast you can go is how much rotation a car has - the more it rotates, the faster you get to the apex and the faster your exit. And the more skilled the driver, the more rotation they can handle, and the gap will to the rest of the field will simply increase disproportionately.

Do you think a pro driver would use the same techniques in every car they drive? You have to adapt your approach to suit the cars characteristics.

Despite the differences in how the cars handle, and how quick each one is, @Tidgney BOP testing shows the grp3 cars are all pretty closely matched if you have the skill to drive them.

I think your main issue isn't with a lack of tuning, just refusing to do what every racing driver in the world has to do.

The FIA Championships are designed to find the best drivers in the game. The best drivers adapt to what they are given and don't take the easy option and start blaming game design for poor performance.

Anyway in real life the driver isn't left all by themselves to do setup. Their job is to drive as fast as they can and give feedback on how the car behaves so the engineers and mechanics can make the setup changes as required. I don't see PD giving us all race engineers in the near future, so this is the fairest way to ensure as level a playing field as possible.

@TetsuKobura This ^^^

Plus this is a game, not real life. You cannot "exploit" gearbox, ride height or gearbox glitches in real life.

A great driver drives around issues in non compliant cars, and I want to jump in and race. I played GT5 & 6 to death online but spent far to much time tuning. I don't want that anymore.

PD could help by tweaking some of the bad stock tunes granted, but to open it up for exploitation by the masses? No thanks. I can tune by the way, so let's not have the "I can't do it so don't want it".

PD could help by tweaking some of the bad stock tunes granted
This has been on my mind for a while now (ever since I first played GTS)
Have a popular tuner like praiano or the like tune the car and have that tune locked instead. Not really gonna happen, nor am I expecting it at all- just thought it's a fun idea :)

This has been on my mind for a while now (ever since I first played GTS)
Have a popular tuner like praiano or the like tune the car and have that tune locked instead. Not really gonna happen, nor am I expecting it at all- just thought it's a fun idea :)

The problem is, tuning is really about tailoring to your driving style. I ran with some quick guys in GT6. We'd run Lotus Elise 500pp (if I remember correctly) and our tunes were night and day different but achieved the same goal. We stabilised the crap out of it and it became OP as hell in lobbies.

All tuning will do is make BOP ineffective, open up exploits and produce new OP cars, while killing the characteristics of each car. The Elise I mentioned above no longer felt like an MR by the time it was tuned. You could make most cars behave the same, which then took away cars feeling different and having their own character.

It was tough learning the 458 GR3 and I was desperate to change front spring rates, tweak the diff and toe. After a few weeks, I fast with it now and it doesn't need a tune.

Base tune tweaking should be left to PD, but then if they fundamentally change a car someone has mastered so it feels very different, just because someone else feels it's to difficult, isn't fair on the person learning a cars traits(?)

The problem is, tuning is really about tailoring to your driving style. I ran with some quick guys in GT6. We'd run Lotus Elise 500pp (if I remember correctly) and our tunes were night and day different but achieved the same goal. We stabilised the crap out of it and it became OP as hell in lobbies.

All tuning will do is make BOP ineffective, open up exploits and produce new OP cars, while killing the characteristics of each car. The Elise I mentioned above no longer felt like an MR by the time it was tuned. You could make most cars behave the same, which then took away cars feeling different and having their own character.

It was tough learning the 458 GR3 and I was desperate to change front spring rates, tweak the diff and toe. After a few weeks, I fast with it now and it doesn't need a tune.

Base tune tweaking should be left to PD, but then if they fundamentally change a car someone has mastered so it feels very different, just because someone else feels it's to difficult, isn't fair on the person learning a cars traits(?)
Oh I'm not talking about opening up tuning. It's that have the popular tuners do the base tunes themselves. Like get hired at PD and do it. BoP can then be adjusted around the tune that say praiano has made for them

You could make most cars behave the same, which then took away cars feeling different and having their own character.

This... In GT6, you could make a FR feel like a MR and a MR feel like a FR if you knew what you were doing.

All GTS needs on most race cars is the rear toe reducing (from 0.5/0.6 to <0.2) and the front toe setting to zero... plus LSD decel reducing where appropriate. This would massively improve the way the cars drive, whilst still keeping the base traits.

This... In GT6, you could make a FR feel like a MR and a MR feel like a FR if you knew what you were doing.

All GTS needs on most race cars is the rear toe reducing (from 0.5/0.6 to <0.2) and the front toe setting to zero... plus LSD decel reducing where appropriate. This would massively improve the way the cars drive, whilst still keeping the base traits.

Agreed.

I'm all for adding different N class vehicles and enabling tuning. Maybe, as some have already suggested, adding a separate daily race would be ideal. That way, others can still have their daily BOP races. I see no reason that both camps can't be appeased.

What if I do a Tuesday night series where my tune is posted and folks are free to use it as long as the gearbox remains stock. My issue with not allowing tuning on street cars is that they feel like junk in stock form.

Who would be interested in this car?

200 hp, race hard tires

I' open to any configuration of tire wear, fuel consumption and race length.

Always up for this however the global MX5 Race cars on have 140bhp.

Always up for this however the global MX5 Race cars on have 140bhp.

Yeah, I did go a little overboard when I went with 200bhp, lol. The car was still manageble without TCS though.

How about we meet half way and set it up with 170bhp? I read somewhere that they were 155+ by.

Leave the tuning open but ask that transmissions and differentials remain untouched. Of course there is no way to control that but I think folks would most likely cooperate. Or, we could ask folks to share their transmission set ups. They may not want to but this is all in the spirit of cooperation and good fun on track.

How do people feel about DON voice chat. I can' take the silence. Do folks around here usually avoid using voice chat?

Yeah, I did go a little overboard when I went with 200bhp, lol. The car was still manageble without TCS though.

How about we meet half way and set it up with 170bhp? I read somewhere that they were 155+ by.

Leave the tuning open but ask that transmissions and differentials remain untouched. Of course there is no way to control that but I think folks would most likely cooperate. Or, we could ask folks to share their transmission set ups. They may not want to but this is all in the spirit of cooperation and good fun on track.

How do people feel about DON voice chat. I can' take the silence. Do folks around here usually avoid using voice chat?

Its 140bhp i raced with them like that and they were perfect, they also don't have custom gears or a diff

Just looked it up:

158bhp - 147lb/ft

I know about sealed transition and differential. That's what I would like to run. No transmission tuning or differential tuning but still allow suspension tuning (ride height, toe, camber, bump, damper, etc.)

Just looked it up:

158bhp - 147lb/ft

I know about sealed transition and differential. That's what I would like to run. No transmission tuning or differential tuning but still allow suspension tuning (ride height, toe, camber, bump, damper, etc.)

Found my thread take a look at this

I also wanted to do NASBUS - but sadly it was never going to gain interest -

20180107220601-jpg.706974

Back