60/60/60 is fully locked, data logger evidence inside - also full LSD explanation.

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 111 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though, the paragraph you (Smoke) quoted is very wrong. (Not that you were saying it, but you were just interested).

Drifting is all about maintaining control while sideways. Yes, when it comes to competitions sometimes you tend to go for the highest amount of traction possible without losing the drift. But to be 100% fair, trying to get to that 'state' of just being on the edge of wheelspin, is really troublesome for tandems. It's dangerous, and is solely used for speed.

A much easier way to gain proximity is to either follow a line that is a little more shallow, or just decrease the angle you are drifting with a little.

Same point as before:

To rephrase once more, at this point I do not believe there is a difference between a locked (in your opinion 60 60 60), and a 2 way differential. (Which, very likely also is 60 60 60.) =D

Not trying to start anything, just pointing it out, considering you didn't respond to my last post.
I didn't respond for a reason.

That reason being, you contradicted yourself... Again...

It was definitely 5-60-60 in GT5, I'm 100% sure of that. I've been trying 60 60 30 on GT6 recently, and it could be possible that PD changed the Initial Torque setting. Making 5-60-60 in GT5, become 60-60-60 in GT6, and vice versa.
I then quoted TTCH stating the opposite.

If this is the case, then PD definitely swapped it, because it's not like that now, as has been previously covered.

This quote from our very own @TwinturboCH says otherwise though...

Taken from here

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/general-lsd-settings.167026/

I've read on numerous occasions that a clutch type lsd (as provided in game) is always preferable in full on motorsport applications.

My car has a helical (torsen) type lsd, shared with the dc2 integra, the dc2 in game uses a clutch type that simulates how a torsen
works.

Viscous diffs are popular in OEM stuff (Haldex audis and focus RS mk 1), and again, the ingame stock diffs try their best to replicate how they work in real life.

I suppose my point is that PD felt all diffs were simulate-able with the clutch type.
You then contradicted your original statement of

It was definitely 5-60-60 in GT5, I'm 100% sure of that. I've been trying 60 60 30 on GT6 recently, and it could be possible that PD changed the Initial Torque setting. Making 5-60-60 in GT5, become 60-60-60 in GT6, and vice versa.
With

TTCH was correct in GT5. But back then, there wasn't as much clarity as we have now with the data logger and we dubbed a 5-60-60 lsd a 2-way, and a 60-60-60 a locked (welded) diff.

Problem with this is that even though a 5-60-60 in GT5 felt like a full on locked differential to me (considering I don't use a clutch), and I never really tried 60-60-60. Maybe I should go back for some testing but I don't care enough I guess.

Nowadays, I use 60-60-30, 99% of the time. It feels best. If it is locked or a 1.5 way, I'm not sure. The reason why I'm unsure is this:

I can't dip the clutch so I can't test this theory ingame and I would LOVE for somebody to try it.
What exactly did you mean by 'It was definitely 5-60-60 in GT5, I'm 100% sure of that.' ?

The paragraph @SmokeNrubber quoted included 'stability mid slide' and and 'I', stating that it was my personal opinion.

I know you love wheelspin, but I like some form of traction and forward thrust.

We were also talking about drifting in general, not just tandeming.

@SmokeNrubber PM'd me and we are having a disscusion about it currently.

Here's a little quote from our conversation

FussyFez said:

Some people want endless wheelspin, using steering inputs as the main angle/line adjuster, others want a controlable wheelspin to use both steering and throttle control to adjust angle/line.

I am aware that some people like endless wheelspin when drifting, but it doesn't make my opinion wrong.

I didn't respond for a reason.

That reason being, you contradicted yourself... Again...

That's the thing. I know I never contradict myself. So, you must be mistaken about something.

I then quoted TTCH stating the opposite.

TTCH never quoted any opposite. I got my differential numbers from drifting with him. Why would they suddenly be wrong considering I never changed them?

You then contradicted your original statement of

With

What exactly did you mean by 'It was definitely 5-60-60 in GT5, I'm 100% sure of that.' ?

TTCH was correct in GT5. But back then, there wasn't as much clarity as we have now with the data logger and we dubbed a 5-60-60 lsd a 2-way, and a 60-60-60 a locked (welded) diff.

Nowadays, I use 60-60-30, 99% of the time. It feels best. If it is locked or a 1.5 way, I'm not sure. The reason why I'm unsure is this:

I can't dip the clutch so I can't test this theory ingame and I would LOVE for somebody to try it.

To rephrase once more, at this point I do not believe there is a difference between a locked (in your opinion 60 60 60), and a 2 way differential. (Which, very likely also is 60 60 60.)

And I can't relate this issue to GT5, simple because:

Problem with this is that even though a 5-60-60 in GT5 felt like a full on locked differential to me (considering I don't use a clutch), and I never really tried 60-60-60. Maybe I should go back for some testing but I don't care enough I guess.

Quick Re-cap:

GT5: 5-60-60: 2-way differential.
60-60-60: Welded differential. (I didn't test it myself, so it's 'hear say'.)
BOTH of these differentials are considered locked, mid-drift.

GT6: 5-60-60: Unknown
60-60-60: 2-way differential. (Due to no proper clutch testing/usage, I believe this is ALSO a welded differential.)
Once again, BOTH of these differentials are considered locked, under the right circumstances.

As far as I know, a locked differential means that the function of the differential is being applied to a maximum, regardless of the type of differential.

The paragraph @SmokeNrubber quoted included 'stability mid slide' and and 'I', stating that it was my personal opinion.

I know you love wheelspin, but I like some form of traction and forward thrust.

We were also talking about drifting in general, not just tandeming.

@SmokeNrubber PM'd me and we are having a disscusion about it currently.

Here's a little quote from our conversation

I am aware that some people like endless wheelspin when drifting, but it doesn't make my opinion wrong.

It doesn't make you wrong, but it makes your post lacking, that's why I added to it. The fact that you added to it in private messages, is not something I can see, right? Or do you really expect me to be able to read them?

And tandeming is 90% of drifting. It's the whole point of drifting in the first place. Without tandems, there is no point in drifting solely apart from having fun on your own. Which, can also be done by driving very fast for example.

That's the thing. I know I never contradict myself. So, you must be mistaken about something.

TTCH never quoted any opposite. I got my differential numbers from drifting with him. Why would they suddenly be wrong considering I never changed them?

And I can't relate this issue to GT5, simple because:

Quick Re-cap:

GT5: 5-60-60: 2-way differential.
60-60-60: Welded differential. (I didn't test it myself, so it's 'hear say'.)
BOTH of these differentials are considered locked, mid-drift.

GT6: 5-60-60: Unknown
60-60-60: 2-way differential. (Due to no proper clutch testing/usage, I believe this is ALSO a welded differential.)
Once again, BOTH of these differentials are considered locked, under the right circumstances.

As far as I know, a locked differential means that the function of the differential is being applied to a maximum, regardless of the type of differential.

It doesn't make you wrong, but it makes your post lacking, that's why I added to it. The fact that you added to it in private messages, is not something I can see, right? Or do you really expect me to be able to read them?

And tandeming is 90% of drifting. It's the whole point of drifting in the first place. Without tandems, there is no point in drifting solely apart from having fun on your own. Which, can also be done by driving very fast for example.
Okay

Even though, the paragraph you (Smoke) quoted is very wrong. (Not that you were saying it, but you were just interested).

Drifting is all about maintaining control while sideways. Yes, when it comes to competitions sometimes you tend to go for the highest amount of traction possible without losing the drift. But to be 100% fair, trying to get to that 'state' of just being on the edge of wheelspin, is really troublesome for tandems. It's dangerous, and is solely used for speed.

A much easier way to gain proximity is to either follow a line that is a little more shallow, or just decrease the angle you are drifting with a little.

Actually, my interests in said paragraph were more about FussyFez' slight misconception of drag racing in GT.
I'd already stated I'm from a drag racing background and don't have a huge interest in drifting.

At any rate, he has been kind enough to engage me in PM's in off topic matters that are of interest to me.
No need for this to go any further.

However I did find this humorous.

It doesn't make you wrong, but it makes your post lacking, that's why I added to it
:confused::confused:

Last edited:
Actually, my interests in said paragraph were more about FussyFez' slight misconception of drag racing in GT.
I'd already stated I'm from a drag racing background and don't have a huge interest in drifting.

At any rate, he has been kind enough to engage me in PM's in off topic matters that are of interest to me.
No need for this to go any further.

However I did find this humorous.

:confused::confused:

@Streeto , @SmokeNrubber
English is your native language correct?

You know what the subject of a sentence is, right?

Even though, the paragraph you (Smoke) quoted is very wrong.

It doesn't make you wrong, but it makes your post lacking, that's why I added to it. [/COLOR]
See what I did there?

Both sentences said EXACTLY the same thing. ;)

Last edited:
@Gonales, did you actually say "I know I never contradict myself"??????

How is the interwebz still functioning?? How has the universe not imploded :confused:???

I don't. And I dare you to prove otherwise. (Prove decently, not like this 'smart' Australian guy did.)

I don't. And I dare you to prove otherwise. (Prove decently, not like this 'smart' Australian guy did.)

Easily. Ask yourself, "Am I a Human Being?"

If you answer "Yes", then, as a condition that comes with being Human, you contradict yourself from time to time....we all do.

If you answer "No", then you might be correct in saying that you never contradict yourself. If this is truly the case, I feel pretty excited right now, as this is the first time I've had a back and forth conversation with a non-human. What planet, galaxy, universe, or dimension do you come from? Or are you human created AI? Have we reached the singularity already??? Omg, where have I been, how did I not know???

Easily. Ask yourself, "Am I a Human Being?"

If you answer "Yes", then, as a condition that comes with being Human, you contradict yourself from time to time....we all do.

If you answer "No", then you might be correct in saying that you never contradict yourself. If this is truly the case, I feel pretty excited right now, as this is the first time I've had a back and forth conversation with a non-human. What planet, galaxy, universe, or dimension do you come from? Or are you human created AI? Have we reached the singularity already??? Omg, where have I been, how did I not know???

I don't contradict myself on these forums. As such, I know neither you, nor anybody else can prove me contradicting myself. I sometimes contradict myself in real life, mostly because I can not remember everything I ever said.

But because of the fact that I over-analyse what I, and other people type on this forum I can remember what I said in the most cases.

I know neither you, nor anybody else can prove me contradicting myself.

But saying you never contradict yourself is like saying that the sun never shines. Everyone that is human, possibly even alien, does it at some point in their life.

But saying you never contradict yourself is like saying that the sun never shines. Everyone that is human, possibly even alien, does it at some point in their life.

What is it with people and NOT reading posts? Read my last post? :/

What is it with people and NOT reading posts? Read my last post? :/

That is my fault I didn't read the entirety. :dopey: I guess selective hearing just went to selective reading. xD

But in all honesty, my bad. I apologize.

@Streeto , @SmokeNrubber
English is your native language correct?

You know what the subject of a sentence is, right?

See what I did there?

Both sentences said EXACTLY the same thing. ;)

Last time I checked I was reasonably capable of reading, writing and speaking English.
Was there any part of my previous posts that suggested otherwise?

Now it seems not only do you not understand the meaning of word contradictory, but also struggle with the simple word 'exactly'. :crazy:

I can post the meaning of both if it would be of benefit to you.

No wonder people in this thread seem frustrated with your responses. :banghead:

.... Gladly returning to the drag forums.

Good day gentlemen.

Hint of racism or?? Why not just say who your talking about...
Last time I checked I was reasonably capable of reading, writing and speaking English.

Now it seems not only do you not understand the meaning of word contradictory, but also struggle with the simple word 'exactly'. :crazy:

Good day gentlemen.

Don't worry fellas just walk it off down to the pub and have a pint of beer or two ;) See you guys there :lol:

Good day gentlemen.

I'm sorry, but I've even used different colors in my text to point out to you that you need to learn grammar. You're wrong. Period.

And if you don't understand why, go back to primary school, thank you.

Who's the 'smart Australian' ?

I'm done with trying to communicate with you on this subject.

I honestly don't care anymore.

The other person I'm responding to in this message. The person trying to be 'smart', but actually totally isn't.

Maybe, if you're doe trying to communicate, try to read. Learn something. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I've even used different colors in my text to point out to you that you need to learn grammar. You're wrong. Period.

And if you don't understand why, go back to primary school, thank you.

The other person I'm responding to in this message. The person trying to be 'smart', but actually totally isn't.

Maybe, if you're doe trying to communicate, try to read. Learn something. Thanks.
Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back