600PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 136 comments
Another sweet ride in the XJ Jag for Gold.....

IMG_8264.JPG

This car never ceases to amaze me đź‘Ť

Oh c'mon now, there was no such thing as a driving line in 1966. :sly:

And Suzuka was only 4 years old at that point. Opened 1962. I learned that today.

Nabbed P30 in a TS030, sweet, but I'm still 2 secs behind @hotsaucer! :crazy:

And, as @bone_tone just pointed out, one place behind @Kossie :mischievous:
Well done CC - fantastic lap!

I'm sure @Kossie will reply.

Managed to improve my time too - 2 hours to find out I'm still 4 seconds off the pace.....:boggled:

Last edited:
1.51 something in the HSV

1.46.676 in the washing machine. PO 36.

Great time in the TS CC give it a go later

edit - 1.46.367 - PO 22 - down the back straight with @saucer 0,7 sec behind, messed up the left hander, that's damn difficult to judge when you wetting yourself.

Only managed a 1.49 something in the TS

Last edited:
I tried this last night and every lap I turned was gold and 🤬 red. I was much faster but kept getting DQ'd for clipping a little too far over the rumble strips. So I gave it a rest until today. My trusty 2J did it for me again. Gold and done.

I've also been playing on my youngest son's account but didn't get in on the money glitch so the only 2 cars I have to run this one is the AE RD18 or the AE Ultra RMS. I believe the RD18 will do it but can't find a tune and stock is no where close to a good lap. So if anyone has a tune for the AE RD18 or could suggest another AE car that is capable please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20170421_164147.jpg
    20170421_164147.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 16
I tried this last night and every lap I turned was gold and 🤬 red. I was much faster but kept getting DQ'd for clipping a little too far over the rumble strips. So I gave it a rest until today. My trusty 2J did it for me again. Gold and done.

I've also been playing on my youngest son's account but didn't get in on the money glitch so the only 2 cars I have to run this one is the AE RD18 or the AE Ultra RMS. I believe the RD18 will do it but can't find a tune and stock is no where close to a good lap. So if anyone has a tune for the AE RD18 or could suggest another AE car that is capable please let me know. Thanks in advance.

The R18 is very slow for that class of car, probably the slowest modern Le Mans car. If you're running a 1:58 with the 2J, you won't get anywhere close to gold with the R18. I haven't used the R8 Ultra LMS very much but seem to remember that was slow too.

I'd recommend grinding some credits on the last set of race seasonals until you can afford something better. They pay big, so it shouldn't take too long til you can afford a fast car. The quickest for 600PP are usually the 2J or Toyota TS030. I'd also recommend looking up setups if you're struggling to get gold. When I get the chance, I'll post my Nomad Diablo setup.

The R18 is very slow for that class of car, probably the slowest modern Le Mans car. If you're running a 1:58 with the 2J, you won't get anywhere close to gold with the R18. I haven't used the R8 Ultra LMS very much but seem to remember that was slow too.

I'd recommend grinding some credits on the last set of race seasonals until you can afford something better. They pay big, so it shouldn't take too long til you can afford a fast car. The quickest for 600PP are usually the 2J or Toyota TS030. I'd also recommend looking up setups if you're struggling to get gold. When I get the chance, I'll post my Nomad Diablo setup.

Many thanks @spikyone for the info. I was able to get bronze with the RD18, but I agree with you that both of the AE Audi's are slow. I have been grinding the rain event, but nowhere close to the 20 mil for a 2J. I've always liked the Nomad Diablo so I''l buy one and wait for your tune. Thank you again for the support.đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť You are just another perfect example of what a great community :gtplanet: is.

The Toyota TS030 is very interesting in this event. I realized 1'51'956 with my Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 .

I had to use my 2J but I just squeaked ahead of you on my friends list by .1XX, ...lol
It's this kind of competition that keeps me coming back to this game, I know I can't keep up with the aliens out there but I keep trying to match or better my friends. It's a lot of fun :cheers::cheers::gtplanet:

Many thanks @spikyone for the info. I was able to get bronze with the RD18, but I agree with you that both of the AE Audi's are slow. I have been grinding the rain event, but nowhere close to the 20 mil for a 2J. I've always liked the Nomad Diablo so I''l buy one and wait for your tune. Thank you again for the support.đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť You are just another perfect example of what a great community :gtplanet: is.

The 2J is only 4.5 million Racin510s, use Mad Max Pain's tune above and go man go!!:lol::lol:

Interesting the 2016 pole at Suzuka for SuperGT500 was in the 1:47.6 range, well below the 2:00 gold standard here, maybe that's with RS tires? And the latest GT500s share the formula with DTM in Europe, which has superseded the GT6 2014 universe.

I'm happy with a 1:57 in my HSV-010, I note a doppelgänger @mittu96 in Japan has my exact same time to the .001 sec with the same car, alone in a herd of 2J. I salute thee bro!

The 2J is only 4.5 million Racin510s, use Mad Max Pain's tune above and go man go!!:lol::lol:

Thank you @Retiree for that bit of info.:dunce: I had forgotten that the 2J was 4.5 and not 20 mil. I'll grind the rain event a few more times and I'll have enough to buy it and put the parts on it. I'll be sure to post once I get the gold. Again the :gtplanet: community comes to the rescue!đź‘Ť

Here's my settings for the Nomad Diablo. I run all my race cars with stock power and weight, this one didn't even have an oil change thanks to the PP limit. No transmission flip either. Tune is for a DS3 using ABS=1, TC=1, on RH tyres:

Suspension:
60/60
15.80/18.86
7/7
7/7
1/1
0.0/0.0
-0.20/0.70

Brakes:
6/4

Transmission:
Set to 193 (no other changes)

Diff:
7/6/15

Downforce:
350/535

I ran about the same laptime as your 2J, but with a scruffy lap. I'm also not an alien, so it has a bunch more speed in it, but that means it isn't too nervous. You have to trust that the sharp turn-in will settle into something that's easy to control. Good luck!

Watching hotsaucer lap he carries so much more speed than me into the fast left in the final sector, but his lap looks beautiful well done buddy!!
Wolf set a 1:44 flat last time this was out so I reckon he like to go smash that, I really need to find where im losing that time, 1:44.665 for me for now

I finally ran the Rain Event on my son's account to get enough to buy the 2J. Many thanks to @o0Maxx0o for the tune as I beat my own time in my main account. There are just slight differences to the tune I used to gold this event on my main account. It almost makes me want to run this tune on my main account to see if I can improve my time which is something I hardly if ever do. Way to go @o0Maxx0o :cheers:

Also I want to apologize to @spikyone for not using the tune for the Diablo yet. After golding both Super Laps I'm going to buy the Diablo and run the event with the @spikyone tune. I'll add the results here unless too much time passes before I run the event.

Attachments

• 20170423_161408.jpg
    20170423_161408.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back