600PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 136 comments
Dropped another 0.3 tonight after a few more laps...

IMG_8585.JPG

Used Cory's rear damper settings with the rear ARB set to 5. Was running 3 and 2 with the ARB at 7 but found the 1, 1 dampers gave far better flexibility, especially through the esses. Yet to test the front.

:cheers: Cory for posting your setup.

👍

:cheers: Cory for posting your setup.

👍

I tried quite a few ARB settings, including much stiffer in the rear. Tried some damper settings also. Felt like I was messing up the car more than helping so I went back to what the numbers are now, then used rear aero tweaks to get what I like, and that also helps with how fast the car goes down the straights. I've gone much lower in the rear aero (and front), but it didn't grip as well. And the toe settings are for quicker turn in, and better exit grip.

👍

I tried quite a few ARB settings, including much stiffer in the rear. Tried some damper settings also. Felt like I was messing up the car more than helping so I went back to what the numbers are now, then used rear aero tweaks to get what I like, and that also helps with how fast the car goes down the straights. I've gone much lower in the rear aero (and front), but it didn't grip as well. And the toe settings are for quicker turn in, and better exit grip.

With the setup I put together the aero got as low as 540 front and 680 rear! A little crazy but it helped with cornering (and speed of course). However, when changing to your posted suspension settings the Toyota was all over the shop :lol:

What has been interesting is that the suspension setup I was running is relatively close to that posted but after the changes gave a better handling car. Was running without rear toe too but a little in the back helped greatly, especially in the first corner which needed a little accelerator control upon exit otherwise.

:cheers: again!

I finished with 1:46.118 (73rd on the list - my top ranking so far) - top3 of those steering with directional buttons.
Never expected to go that fast, thanks to the @hotsaucer tune.
Found really good line around Hairpin and Spoon and that gave me the extra boost, also on my best lap I managed to do a truly miracle last sector which I never repeated again.
With an ideal lap 45 would be possible.

Latest Posts

Back