• Thread starter et_
  • 615 comments

Should @JogoAsobi return to GTP?

• #comebackjogo!

Votes: 95 73.1%
  • Who is Jogo?

Votes: 35 26.9%

• Total voters
I have the top right button on my G27 set to switch ghost on/off. I switch it on/off through the lap depending on where I am.

Ahh, I just look at the map when Im on a straight to see if Im ahead or not.

Are you kidding me Dennis? :lol:
The answer is in the text that you quoted me.

No i was serious :lol: :ron:

I assumed there was no drop off power anymore since GT6 and no braking in anymore. Also haven't had any drop of power in GT6 yet. But i never spend serious amount in seasonals since GT6. I have spend some serious time in offline TT's for WRS. Never had change the oil once. So i was surprised to read that there was a drop of power and noticed it last night when i lost 3pp. Did the drop of power came with an recent up-date or is there a difference between offline and online on that part. I also never used chassis reinforcement in GT5. So i thought let's do the chassis reinforcement while i'm changing the oil. And man that made a difference in how the car handles.

I have the top right button on my G27 set to switch ghost on/off. I switch it on/off through the lap depending on where I am.

+1

But mine is on the left side :lol:

Dunno, never look at the time, just where I am vs my ghost/top lines... on a good lap, I can exit turn 1/2 with nothing in front of me, and be c. one car length down at T1 split.

On my current best lap, I have an ordinary T1 and a rubbish T2... T3 is OK though.

On my lap, I was at 19.4 at sector 1 which was 2 tenths down from what I had when I did my 1:15:548. Basically I made up those 5 tenths in Turns 5, 6, and 10. Pretty sure turn 6 was perfect and the other two were really good...

Anyway, my point is you can make up a lot more time than you think even if you're down on your previous best lap. Just a reminder so you can go out there and get that 1:14:xxx

Anyway, my point is you can make up a lot more time than you think even if you're down on your previous best lap. Just a reminder so you can go out there and get that 1:14:xxx

True but the problem is if you nail every sector and loose 2 tenths in one sector. Your theoretical best lap is stil 2 tenths faster and you want those tenths also :lol: And once you have those there is a big change you theoretical best laptime dropped also in the meantime cos you find some time somewhere. And it go's on and one and on. Welcome to the live of a TT-er :lol:

DTM
And it go's on and one and on. Welcome to the live of a TT-er :lol:

Hahahha, yeah, tracks like Spa are total heaven, or a nightmare in that matter :lol: and let's not even get started whit nürburgring :scared:

Ok, would somebody please give me something to work whit on turn 3, I mean it's driving me completely insane. Couple of times I have thought I have some sort of idea how to drive to it but it's no use, no matter what sort of approach I try... Most of the time I going wide because I'm not turning enough, and if I drop my speed any further to get the car rotating I loose that 2 tenths anyway.... Currently my technique on turn 3 is to coast from the start of the curb on the left and start carefully turning in, and just a tap on the brake when I see the apex... Works like 1 time out of a 100 :lol:

Should I go immediately to the left after turn 2 and get my car aligned whit the left curb, or should I go gently gently to left and start turning right in a very wide line?

Damn corner :mad: I think I could almost l̶o̶v̶e̶ (love is a bit strong word for this occasion :D) like this track without it...

Last edited:
et_
Oh, ok, Sry, you're right, that was a bit unfair of me, but I tried it the day after and it was, in my opinion, indeed worth 3 stars (maybe 4) it was slightly faster than expected. but had you not responded I would have been able to change it to 4 stars, but since you responded, it just said I could'nt do so once the author had responded.

GT is making me very cockey, I'm sat here watching the F1 qualifying thinking "I could be more precise", "I could do better than that", "Haha, Alonso, what a noob!" - Not true but it was what I was thinking nonetheless (apart from the Alonso bit) xD

I'll go for a 14.X today (Current 15.0xx) - improved another couple of tenths yesterday. 1500K's on the dash now!

ODB
Hahahha, yeah, tracks like Spa are total heaven, or a nightmare in that matter :lol: and let's not even get started whit nürburgring :scared:

Ok, would somebody please give me something to work whit on turn 3, I mean it's driving me completely insane. Couple of times I have thought I have some sort of idea how to drive to it but it's no use, no matter what sort of approach I try... Most of the time I going wide because I'm not turning enough, and if I drop my speed any further to get the car rotating I loose that 2 tenths anyway.... Currently my technique on turn 3 is to coast from the start of the curb on the left and start carefully turning in, and just a tap on the brake when I see the apex... Works like 1 time out of a 100 :lol:

Should I go immediately to the left after turn 2 and get my car aligned whit the left curb, or should I go gently gently to left and start turning right in a very wide line?

Damn corner :mad: I think I could almost l̶o̶v̶e̶ (love is a bit strong word for this occasion :D) like this track without it...

Going out of the 2nd corner, approaching the 3rd, you'll see on you're left hand side two white markers, first is to brake and on the 2nd make you're turn. Approaching this corner stay near the cerb, for a better entry angle through the apex!

You have two options to go the right hander,;
• brake from 5th, that you're coming to this corner and go down to thirt gear and in the middle of the corner full throttle.
• brake on the first marker, gear down to 4th and hit the second marker for the corner. While you're turning to the right brake the car. you're car will slide bit, which is good, so, control you're entry speed with braking, in the middle of the apex you'll see red line on a cerb, on that line full throttle! Exit of the apex is that you go on the cerb, bringing all the speed out of the corner, to corner 4. Here is the same, two markers on the left, brake bit, to the 2nd marker and go in 5th through that corner. If you do it right, you will go on the exit on a cerb with Max possible speed.

Hope this helps!

The red markers are your friends!

Also make sure you keep your rigidity up! Better chassis= later braking, powering down sooner, and better cornering!(for those who didn't know like myself until last night)

The red markers are your friends!

Also make sure you keep your rigidity up! Better chassis= later braking, powering down sooner, and better cornering!(for those who didn't know like myself until last night)

When I make the **** it will be my second in 1300km on my dashboard!! :D

Damn Honda!!!!! 490.000 credits for body rigidity, just to much!

Decided to take another crack at this after a few days rest. Back is still hurting like a 🤬, but after seeing I had dropped back into the 100's, I couldn't resist. After about 30 minutes and a gear tweak, I came up with this.

1'16.161 Still leaving a lot out there, but kinda hard to piece it all together when the pain is so bad I can hardly concentrate. I would quit for now, but my girlfriend just left and so there is no one to help me out of my seat. :lol: Guess I'm stuck here for the next few hours till she comes back. :eek: :lol: (9-1-1) :lol:

I think I am right in saying that most of the top runners are not using turbo, just a stage 3 engine?

I think also that both me and @praiano63 have setups that recommend a turbo (he recommends Stage 1 Turbo 3 and myself Stage 3 Turbo 2).

I am also absolutely sure the car can do a low 14, possibly a 13.9 as an ultimate pace.

Are any of the top runners going to throw a turbo on their car (with their own tunes obviously) to see if they're going to reach it?

It is great to see everyone pushing each other to go faster, I just want to push you guys even more!!!

I think I am right in saying that most of the top runners are not using turbo, just a stage 3 engine?

I think also that both me and @praiano63 have setups that recommend a turbo (he recommends Stage 1 Turbo 3 and myself Stage 3 Turbo 2).

I am also absolutely sure the car can do a low 14, possibly a 13.9 as an ultimate pace.

Are any of the top runners going to throw a turbo on their car (with their own tunes obviously) to see if they're going to reach it?

It is great to see everyone pushing each other to go faster, I just want to push you guys even more!!!

I´ve tested engine 3 , turbo 2 and 3... all have a very similar performance. Turbo 2 and 3 gives a wide range of power but also a huge torque that have his vantage and disvantage.
Engine 3 allow a higher LSD accel that you can use full gas out corner, turbo 2 and 3 need a lower LSD accel to better manage all the torque. If not you can spin or at least generate a little oversteer that will slow your driving line.
The good thing of the torque is that you can have a better accel in a lower RPM range, this is a good help down to cork screw to regain speed as fast as possible and where high RPM means out of the road, even with the engine 3 option.
This is just my point of view about the 2 options. I´ve run both with the same performance anyway.

Going out of the 2nd corner, approaching the 3rd, you'll see on you're left hand side two white markers, first is to brake and on the 2nd make you're turn. Approaching this corner stay near the cerb, for a better entry angle through the apex!

You have two options to go the right hander,;
• brake from 5th, that you're coming to this corner and go down to thirt gear and in the middle of the corner full throttle.
• brake on the first marker, gear down to 4th and hit the second marker for the corner. While you're turning to the right brake the car. you're car will slide bit, which is good, so, control you're entry speed with braking, in the middle of the apex you'll see red line on a cerb, on that line full throttle! Exit of the apex is that you go on the cerb, bringing all the speed out of the corner, to corner 4. Here is the same, two markers on the left, brake bit, to the 2nd marker and go in 5th through that corner. If you do it right, you will go on the exit on a cerb with Max possible speed.

Hope this helps!
Thanks mate, I've been bathing my brains in vine (I meant wine, it seems like it's working tough since I can't even remember how to spell the name of my favorite beverage :D) for two days and it's time for them to regroup. Hopefully I have forgotten everything from last week and now I'm trying to draw a new mental picture for the corner the way you described it. I think I have to change my third gear a bit (what sort of numbers you guys have for the 3rd and 4th gear[I use eclipsee gears final @2600]) because if I drop to third gear my speed goes down too much, or the problem may just be that I'm not on gas pedal fast enough...

Last edited:
Now at 1:16,601 with the Raybrig HSV '12. (ABS1 and DS3)

With tune from praiano63 and gearbox setting from eclipsee. (Thanks for sharing :cheers:)

For me: Only turbo3 works best. Even though with engine stage 3 and oil change the car is much easier to handle at corner exits, due to lower torque, but I can't match my turbo time.
The corkscrew really is the place to screw up a proper lap.

Can't login to PSN. Wanted to do a couple of laps before F1 started. Any one else having problems with PSN?

OBD, I eventually found that turn 3 was similar to turn 1 at the Spa. Remember that?
On Spa that turn 1 wasn't this bad, at least there I had some sort of success most of the time, but here the turn 3 is a major issue since I loose 2 tenths there and don't even really know what I'm doing wrong...

DTM
Can't login to PSN. Wanted to do a couple of laps before F1 started. Any one else having problems with PSN?

Can't log in either... And my wheel didn't go trough it's initial set up (when you start the game wheel sets it self up) WTF is this now then??

¿¿¿Que pasa PD???

Phew, at leas my wheel worked on the second try, PSN doesn't seem to work...

EDIT: Ok PSN seems to be back!!

Last edited:
ODB
Thanks mate, I've been bathing my brains in vine (I meant wine, it seems like it's working tough since I can't even remember how to spell the name of my favorite beverage :D) for two days and it's time for them to regroup. Hopefully I have forgotten everything from last week and now I'm trying to draw a new mental picture for the corner the way you described it. I think I have to change my third gear a bit (what sort of numbers you guys have for the 3rd and 4th gear[I use eclipsee gears final @2600]) because if I drop to third gear my speed goes down too much, or the problem may just be that I'm not on gas pedal fast enough...

Yo need a few last to see how do you need got brought the corners as described.

I'm using @eclipsee's gearbox, 2570 by me I thing. Don't worry about the gear ratios, out of the T2 or T3 when you do it right, speed will be optimal, so, you don't need do mess with the gear ratios!

Yo need a few last to see how do you need got brought the corners as described.

I'm using @eclipsee's gearbox, 2570 by me I thing. Don't worry about the gear ratios, out of the T2 or T3 when you do it right, speed will be optimal, so, you don't need do mess with the gear ratios!
Ok, just after couple of tries I think I finally understand the damn corner 3 👍 I mean a little tap on the brake on the first marker and the speed is perfect and it seems to take me to a right path automatically!!

Thanks a million times, this actually helped a lot!!! I think a great problem on doing a million laps a row is that sometimes I learn my corners in a totally wrong way, and after that it's quite hard sometimes to reset my thinking on that particular corner :ouch: sometimes it feels like my brain is thick as a Berlin wall :D maybe little less drinking and I could actually learn something new every now and then :lol: :lol:

:cheers: :gtpflag:

Ok, just after 20 min. I was able to shave off over a tenth off my previous PB and now that turn 3 seems actually quite easy to me I think I just might do some more laps next week.

Congratulations @Konnichiwa, you just made me quite happy :)

Last edited:
ODB
Ok, just after couple of tries I think I finally understand the damn corner 3 👍 I mean a little tap on the brake on the first marker and the speed is perfect and it seems to take me to a right path automatically!!

Thanks a million times, this actually helped a lot!!! I think a great problem on doing a million laps a row is that sometimes I learn my corners in a totally wrong way, and after that it's quite hard sometimes to reset my thinking on that particular corner :ouch: sometimes it feels like my brain is thick as a Berlin wall :D maybe little less drinking and I could actually learn something new every now and then :lol: :lol:

:cheers: :gtpflag:

Ok, just after 20 min. I was able to shave off over a tenth off my previous PB and now that turn 3 seems actually quite easy to me I think I just might do some more laps next week.

Congratulations @Konnichiwa, you just made me quite happy :)

Great to hear that!!

That's just so, if you drive million times the corner on you're way but this way is but"wrong", then there's no wonder that you can't improve you time. Now you've to practice and squeeze the maximum!

Just keep up my friend! :)

Great to hear that!!

That's just so, if you drive million times the corner on you're way but this way is but"wrong", then there's no wonder that you can't improve you time. Now you've to practice and squeeze the maximum!

Just keep up my friend! :)

Yeah, this isn't first time nor it will be the last that this happens, but this one seemed really tough and the fact that I was struggling so much on just one corner almost made me go berserk, there's a lot to enjoy on this track and I really think I'm gonna give it a go each day next week :)

DTM
Thanks @ODB. But still nothing here :grumpy:
Oh, it did give me a notice that I can't sing in, but when I tried again by opening the seasonal events it singed me in. I think I played like an hour and did not have trouble.

ODB
Oh, it did give me a notice that I can't sing in, but when I tried again by opening the seasonal events it singed me in. I think I played like an hour and did not have trouble.

Ah thanks. Tried it that way and it works 👍

FFS... just spent an hour on the phone to SKY.

My network is FUBAR and won't stay up for more than a few minutes at a time... can use the internet sporadically, but can't connect to PSN. 3-5 days to fix.

Might not get another chance to run this again :(

Back