600PP GT500 Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 239 comments
1.19.291 in the Lexus Jeje, I think I must've done an oil change, not a lot of hp. That's after 3 laps, I'll give the Nissan a shot later but I gotta stop doing the same times as you!!:lol::lol::cheers:

Thanks a lot my dear friend Lindsey for having tested and used this car. It's a real pleasure for me when you use my car .:cheers: :cheers: Thanks again my dear friend

A bit late to the party but we have a saying in Germany which basically translates "The deeper the night the greater the guest." :sly: :lol: - so I hope it's ok. Most important ... I want this car ( HSV ) in real life. I'd take it to the historic Solitude racetrack which is 'round the corner from where I live and speed through the infamous Glemstal section, a 4 km stretch of neverending midspeed bends :eek: !

The Autumn Ring TT is fun but this is even better. Shaved five tenths from my 18 months old time and there's still more in it, if I can nail the last section. I'm very pleased for now and look forward to give it another go.

1.15.781 / P48 atm :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

PS
Even if TRL_IMMORTAL would have been my ghost, I still could have seen him after Corkscrew :dopey: !!!

@KimVieira
I noticed you steer with directional buttons ... I simply can not imagine to go that fast with 'em :bowdown: .

Last edited:
1'17'406 with my Honda Weider HSV-010 '11 600 PP (RH) with no TC and final gear at 4.800
15053835930031510903869.jpg

Good Drive and enjoy :cheers:

1'17'406 with my Honda Weider HSV-010 '11 600 PP (RH) with no TC and final gear at 4.800
View attachment 672630

Good Drive and enjoy :cheers:

Nice time Jeje, I'll give it a burl tomorrow and see if I can beat you. I like the Nissan tune but again no hp, I must have changed the oil in everything I've got. 1.19.3xx yesterday and today, been .5 up but as usual I lose it at the corkscrew. Think it should have a name change to "I screw you" :lol::lol:

A bit late to the party but we have a saying in Germany which basically translates "The deeper the night the greater the guest." :sly: :lol: - so I hope it's ok. Most important ... I want this car ( HSV ) in real life. I'd take it to the historic Solitude racetrack which is 'round the corner from where I live and speed through the infamous Glemstal section, a 4 km stretch of neverending midspeed bends :eek: !

The Autumn Ring TT is fun but this is even better. Shaved five tenths from my 18 months old time and there's still more in it, if I can nail the last section. I'm very pleased for now and look forward to give it another go.

1.15.781 / P48 atm :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

PS
Even if TRL_IMMORTAL would have been my ghost, I still could have seen him after Corkscrew :dopey: !!!

@KimVieira
I noticed you steer with directional buttons ... I simply can not imagine to go that fast with 'em :bowdown: .
Well, that's hard (after two hours daily session my fingers r quite painful), but it's the result of 10 years practice since the gt4. I'm world number 2 with directional buttons & chasing a greek pilot (number 1). Anyway, your time is quite good; congrat

Well, Kim, that's very special, congrats. I'm even more special though, 'cos I'm number 1 in the world sitting cross-legged on the floor when driving :cool::lol::cool::lol::cool::lol: !!! ( After one hour daily session my ass is quite painful :crazy: )
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

@Jeje6410
You've tuned and driven different HSV models now - do you think there are differences between them in a way that one of them should be a goto car ?

I do not think there is much difference between the Weider HSV-10 '11 and the Keihin HSV-010 '12. Before doing my best time with the Keihin it was with the Weider. I will try to make a lot of versions that you find here or in my garage but I think this Keihin HSV-010 '12 is my better version

I do not think there is much difference between the Weider HSV-10 '11 and the Keihin HSV-010 '12. Before doing my best time with the Keihin it was with the Weider. I will try to make a lot of versions that you find here or in my garage but I think this Keihin HSV-010 '12 is my better version

So you think your different laptimes are due to different tunes and better / worse driving, right ?

So you think your different laptimes are due to different tunes and better / worse driving, right ?
It all adds up:
Driver skill is the most important thing, then comes setup, and least important is the car choice (if you choose between the HSV's)

But even if the car choice is the least important aspect, you still need the fastest car to get the best possible time. I would never take the '11 model, as I try to get the best possible time I want to give myself the best possibility to do so. So I take the fastest car, no matter how small the difference is.
And the simple fact is, the '12 models have more grip and sacrafices power compared to the '11 models. On a short track like laguna seca, the '12 models will be faster.
All '12 models are similar (I think), tho I get the feeling the base model has some sort of small edge... but that could just be placebo.

It all adds up:
Driver skill is the most important thing, then comes setup, and least important is the car choice (if you choose between the HSV's)

But even if the car choice is the least important aspect, you still need the fastest car to get the best possible time. I would never take the '11 model, as I try to get the best possible time I want to give myself the best possibility to do so. So I take the fastest car, no matter how small the difference is.
And the simple fact is, the '12 models have more grip and sacrafices power compared to the '11 models. On a short track like laguna seca, the '12 models will be faster.
All '12 models are similar (I think), tho I get the feeling the base model has some sort of small edge... but that could just be placebo.

I had just been asking, 'cos I noticed a lot of the top guys use the Raybrig '12.
Thanks for your estimation, would have thought quite similar.
Always great to hear a big gun talk about it though :) !

Last edited:
To do 17 you need to drive calm, to do 16 you drink juste Ă  coffee, to doing 15 you need to have good driving skill and to do 14 you need to paint yourself in green color like the Alien xD.
Me myself i stop at 1.15.865 with room for more but i am already happy with my time.
I Belive i can do 15.300 but i lost my patience xD

Last edited:
For the first time ever on GTP, posting a laptime having not used a wheel! Probably could do each corner quicker, but not all in the same lap. Also ds3 controller = massively reduced patience :lol:

View attachment 672977

Guys in the top 100 using controllers though, and even directional buttons, crazy :eek:
I saw you'd been using a controller, knew you usually used a wheel. Haven't seen much of you lately?

Weider HSV-010 '11

600pp 575 bhp 1100 kg 50:50 weight R.H Tyres

Body: 400/580 no body Rig

Power: high Turbo @ 81.6 % Do not change oil

Diff: 8/11/5

Trans: F.G. 3000 Top speed min, 1st 5868 2nd 4212 3rd 3464 4th 2897 5th 2431 6th 2055 F.G. 2530 or a bit less

Susp: 70/64 min/14.00 1/1 1/2 7/7 0/0 -0.04/-0.30 Brakes 6/7

I have reached a time of 1:15.735 with a tad more there.

Don't know if you will like it
icon_e_confused.gif
Have fun all and happy frustrations
icon_e_surprised.gif

Back