600PP GT500 Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 239 comments
I saw you'd been using a controller, knew you usually used a wheel. Haven't seen much of you lately?

Yeah my system has been packed away, just in a rented room while I find a new flat at the moment, so space is a premium and trying not unpack too much! Decided to set up though as been a while, and just have a little blast just with controller. I should be back to wheel (and space) soon :)👍

Yeah my system has been packed away, just in a rented room while I find a new flat at the moment, so space is a premium and trying not unpack too much! Decided to set up though as been a while, and just have a little blast just with controller. I should be back to wheel (and space) soon :)👍
Ah, well welcome back - look forward to you being fully operational soon!

Weider HSV-010 '11

600pp 575 bhp 1100 kg 50:50 weight R.H Tyres

Body: 400/580 no body Rig

Power: high Turbo @ 81.6 % Do not change oil

Diff: 8/11/5

Trans: F.G. 3000 Top speed min, 1st 5868 2nd 4212 3rd 3464 4th 2897 5th 2431 6th 2055 F.G. 2530 or a bit less

Susp: 70/64 min/14.00 1/1 1/2 7/7 0/0 -0.04/-0.30 Brakes 6/7

I have reached a time of 1:15.735 with a tad more there.

Don't know if you will like it
icon_e_confused.gif
Have fun all and happy frustrations
icon_e_surprised.gif
Tried the other race but it was totally spoiled for me due to boost, too much to worry about on the wheel. Golded and finished with it.

Thanks for posting your tune Lisa, improved to 1.16.355, took a tenth off.

But I cannot match your power. All I can get is 571bhp @ 77.1% power. Tried changing oil to bring it up but didn't help.

Your 81.6% would be great if I could get it.

Tried the other race but it was totally spoiled for me due to boost, too much to worry about on the wheel. Golded and finished with it.

Thanks for posting your tune Lisa, improved to 1.16.355, took a tenth off.

But I cannot match your power. All I can get is 571bhp @ 77.1% power. Tried changing oil to bring it up but didn't help.

Your 81.6% would be great if I could get it.

Did you put tune on an old car ? maybe already had oil change previous ? Mmm all i did was put high turbo on and then power but that was on a new car....Cheers Norm

:cheers::cheers:
Back to Laguna Seca TT after a couple of days with Autumn TT and some novice drifting attemps, then I grabbed 0.1:

1:15.832 - 53 ATM - PAD/AT

I cannot see the @ROCKET JOE ghost but I smell his burning rubbers :D:cheers:

ciao

Should be a bit harder for you now to still smell my burning rubbers :D !
Just to keep it short and maybe have a little time left for racing tonight :

1.15.556 and P37 atm ( ODO 290 km )

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Weider HSV-010 '11

600pp 575 bhp 1100 kg 50:50 weight R.H Tyres

Body: 400/580 no body Rig

Power: high Turbo @ 81.6 % Do not change oil

Diff: 8/11/5

Trans: F.G. 3000 Top speed min, 1st 5868 2nd 4212 3rd 3464 4th 2897 5th 2431 6th 2055 F.G. 2530 or a bit less

Susp: 70/64 min/14.00 1/1 1/2 7/7 0/0 -0.04/-0.30 Brakes 6/7

I have reached a time of 1:15.735 with a tad more there.

Don't know if you will like it
icon_e_confused.gif
Have fun all and happy frustrations
icon_e_surprised.gif
Not to bad mate a 1:16.847 after 3 laps :cheers: using your tune, in my Honda HSV-010 base model 12 I can do a 1:16.557 but with your car it is faster in some sectors than my car, but I will stick with your car because it is quick in some corners :):cheers:.

Did you put tune on an old car ? maybe already had oil change previous ? Mmm all i did was put high turbo on and then power but that was on a new car....Cheers Norm
Looks like you nailed it Norm, I bought a new one and put your tune on it and it worked out correct, thanks.

However, having a second look at the leader board I see the top 19 or 20 are still using the Raybrig. Now there MUST be a good reason for this, at least a good reason why TRL_IMMORTAL is using it (everyone else may just be copying him) so I decided to put your tune on a new Raybrig. It couldn't make 81.6% power though, only 81.1%.

While I only managed to take off some hundredths, now on 1.16.305, I'll persevere with it for a while when I fire up next time, definitely left some time on the track. Thanks again and Cheers.

:cheers::cheers:

Should be a bit harder for you now to still smell my burning rubbers :D !
Just to keep it short and maybe have a little time left for racing tonight :

1.15.556 and P37 atm ( ODO 290 km )

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Great time, congrats!

Too busy with family this weekend but it will be funny to hunt you in the next days.
Well, I counted 9x beers in your message and then I discover your booster...

ciao and :cheers:

Looks like you nailed it Norm, I bought a new one and put your tune on it and it worked out correct, thanks.

However, having a second look at the leader board I see the top 19 or 20 are still using the Raybrig. Now there MUST be a good reason for this, at least a good reason why TRL_IMMORTAL is using it (everyone else may just be copying him) so I decided to put your tune on a new Raybrig. It couldn't make 81.6% power though, only 81.1%.

Old oil = more bhp perhaps, well known trick but you have to put miles on them,plus i think the newer models handle a bit better and yes all these cars can have the same tune on them but handle different.I only used the older version to be different :odd:

While I only managed to take off some hundredths, now on 1.16.305, I'll persevere with it for a while when I fire up next time, definitely left some time on the track. Thanks again and Cheers.

You remember that ? v

It all adds up:
Driver skill is the most important thing, then comes setup, and least important is the car choice (if you choose between the HSV's)

But even if the car choice is the least important aspect, you still need the fastest car to get the best possible time. I would never take the '11 model, as I try to get the best possible time I want to give myself the best possibility to do so. So I take the fastest car, no matter how small the difference is.
And the simple fact is, the '12 models have more grip and sacrafices power compared to the '11 models. On a short track like laguna seca, the '12 models will be faster.
All '12 models are similar (I think), tho I get the feeling the base model has some sort of small edge... but that could just be placebo.

That VW probably would be worth a go Rocket Joe but I'll stick to the Honda for now. I finally joined the Raybrig Brigade and after only a couple of laps had 2x16, laps I'm down to 1.16.758. Great tune Lisanorm, but I'm like Fordie, I've got to get a corner right, the one from the start line to the finish line.:lol::lol:

That VW probably would be worth a go Rocket Joe but I'll stick to the Honda for now. I finally joined the Raybrig Brigade and after only a couple of laps had 2x16, laps I'm down to 1.16.758. Great tune Lisanorm, but I'm like Fordie, I've got to get a corner right, the one from the start line to the finish line.:lol::lol:

You're right, Laguna Seca is a neverending corner :D.

Back