600PP Italian Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 222 comments
That car was way too heavy for my liking, I couldn't even finish a lap.

I decided to challenge myself with the F40 instead :). Took me almost 2 hours, but I got it.

F40%202.jpg

F401.jpg
Well done Lurker, 👍👍:bowdown: I ran the F-40 7 or 8 laps and parked it. I could see there was no way, no way in the world could I get to 2:15 in that car. However,, now that you've shown us it can be done,, hmmmm may have to burn a couple hours and see if I can. Seems I remember a 550pp TT at Apricot Hill - last year I think - where the F-40 worked - but it was a hand full. Looks like you've thrown the gauntlet! :cheers:

I ran the F-40 7 or 8 laps and parked it. I could see there was no way, no way in the world could I get to 2:15 in that car.

I thought the same thing, it's why I forced it to happen, I get in those moods sometimes. I think I re-started 10+ times before I finished a lap, and it was 9 seconds behind gold :D. If I can run the car to a 2:14 with a DS3 then there are guys here that can run it 2:08 with a wheel for sure. Have fun!

The secrets to getting a good time with the FXX seems to be shortshifting. That, and going very deep over the curbs.

Agree 100%. I am running the next gear up than I normally would. The lowest gear I use is 3rd for this event, even at the hairpin.

This is a true pilot event and hitting all of your marks (braking points, apex points and then getting the power down on exit) and being smooth is the key to a good time.

Aventador quick enough for sub 2:15s just staying on the track after driving a RH car was a test, cutting off the red dequal laps. Brake early and also transmission for 174 mph should be enough.

Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3

1473536533249-1170206228.jpg

The setup:

P_20160910_225007.jpg
P_20160910_224705.jpg
P_20160910_224717.jpg
P_20160910_224732.jpg
P_20160910_224804.jpg

For the transmission:

-Buy the fully custom transmission.
-Set speed to 240kph (lowest setting).
-Set the ratios shown in picture #3.

No oil change.

Sorry for the bad quality.

Last edited:
To me no matter what tune I put on the fxx it steers like a tank... Fast as snot but steers like a tank
Edit: after spending all 10 laps in absolute fear of being dq'd I got bronze and am getting very angry

Last edited:
Not wanting to jump on the FXX bandwagon just yet, been trying various cars in my garage. Ran a 2:10.663 with
Lamborgini Gallardo. This was a surprise and is quicker than the SuperVeloce (at least for me). The key at Ascari is to brake early enough to get through the corner clean and power out. Don't over drive the car on sport hard tires.

Lamborgini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08

600pp, 721hp, 1170kg

Stock suspension
Stock brakes (4/5)
Stock transmission
Stock LSD and Center Diff
Triple plate clutch
Carbon drive shaft
Engine stage 2, sport computer, semi-racing exhaust, intake tuning
Power limiter 100%
Weight reduction stage 3

Assume oil change as have had car for awhile.
No chassis renforcement

PS, Have seen many wash their cars, is there a reason for this?

I can't crack the FXX, and it is imperative that I do! I'm at 2:07.879 with the Super Veloce, and I think there might be another 0.5 in there, but the thing is, for the last 5 months, I have been fastest in Denmark in the time trials, but I have been dethroned by 1.3 seconds byt another Dane in an FXX. It's a matter of pride, and utter content and unwaranted sense of superiority over my countrymen, so here I am, asking for help.

It's not that I can't match my times in the Ferrari, I just can't seem to make it go any faster than the Lamborghini. It's not that it's more difficult to drive that's bothering me, it just doesn't feel faster to me. I've tried the setups in this and the old thread, I've tried looking at replays of the top drivers (which look so slow and composed that I'm beginning to question whether they're all robots), but I still can't figure it out. I've tried TC 1-5, Active Steering, more horsepower, less horsepower, I've excersized my chemistry, everything.

So, would any of you fine folks be so kind as to share your setups, tips and tricks? It would be most appreciated!

*edit 2.07 - Thanks :)

Last edited:
I can't crack the FXX, and it is imperative that I do! I'm at 2:07.879 with the Super Veloce, and I think there might be another 0.5 in there, but the thing is, for the last 5 months, I have been fastest in Denmark in the time trials, but I have been dethroned by 1.3 seconds byt another Dane in an FXX. It's a matter of pride, and utter content and unwaranted sense of superiority over my countrymen, so here I am, asking for help.

It's not that I can't match my times in the Ferrari, I just can't seem to make it go any faster than the Lamborghini. It's not that it's more difficult to drive that's bothering me, it just doesn't feel faster to me. I've tried the setups in this and the old thread, I've tried looking at replays of the top drivers (which look so slow and composed that I'm beginning to question whether they're all robots), but I still can't figure it out. I've tried TC 1-5, Active Steering, more horsepower, less horsepower, I've excersized my chemistry, everything.

So, would any of you fine folks be so kind as to share your setups, tips and tricks? It would be most appreciated!

*edit 2.07 - Thanks :)
I have the same problem. Having finally managed to keep the FXX on the track for a good few laps, I find that it’s not as fast for me as the Lambo. In the Lambo I run ahead of all of my friends in their FXXs, until the last 2 or 3 corners, which I always mess up!

Not wanting to jump on the FXX bandwagon just yet, been trying various cars in my garage. Ran a 2:10.663 with
Lamborgini Gallardo. This was a surprise and is quicker than the SuperVeloce (at least for me). The key at Ascari is to brake early enough to get through the corner clean and power out. Don't over drive the car on sport hard tires.

PS, Have seen many wash their cars, is there a reason for this?

I can't say for all cars, but for some the Car Wash really does make them quicker. A few weeks back we had a 630pp (I think??) TT at LaSarthe. Our group were running the 2D to see who could run the quickest lap. When I did the car wash on that car I picked up almost 20mph on Mulsane (sp) and gained well over .5 seconds. It's ony a few credits and worth a try eh??

I don't see how you guys are driving that pig Lamborghini, it's worlds away from the FXX IMO.

It's not that I don't agree that it's faster, because it clearly is, just not for me. I've tried every different style of setup I could think of, but it just isn't as quick when I drive it, which is why I asked here, hoping someone could point me in the right direction, or help me figure out what I'm doing wrong :)

If you've tried all the different setups for the FXX and they haven't been working for you then you might try adjusting How you drive that car.
You mentioned that top "robot" times seem slow, that's because they're inputs are only as fast as they need to be so as to not overwhelm the sh tires in any way.

It sounds weird but try slowing down to go faster.

Your a couple seconds faster than me, :bowdown:
but I cut a couple of seconds off of my time by concentrating on slowing my inputs to match what the tires could do and then adjusting my lines to compensate.

This TT is real hard. The most stable car and tune I've found so far is the Lambo Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 with Ed Night's tune. Already done a good couple tries and most I've been able to make is Silver, and that wasn't easy at all.
Going to try the FERRARI FXX '07 in a while with GhostRider tune to see if it makes a difference.

My FXX tune. I am not a tuner, i just play one on the internet. This is the tune I've used to get a 2:06.856 so far with another .500-.750 in it for me.

110/112
8.60/17.00
7/5
9/9
5/7
-.14/+.05
BB 4/2
7/5/22

All weight reductions, tune your gear box on your own, can't recall what I did to get to the one I'm using now.

Hope this helps someone and smooth is faster with the FXX.

This TT is real hard. The most stable car and tune I've found so far is the Lambo Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 with Ed Night's tune. Already done a good couple tries and most I've been able to make is Silver, and that wasn't easy at all.
Going to try the FERRARI FXX '07 in a while with GhostRider tune to see if it makes a difference.
Ed Night tune is very stable, very driveable - just have to remember to brake early, and then get the power on as soon as you can!

Last edited:
Tried the FXX, but couldn't crack gold. Kept coming in a fraction of a second off. Tried two tunes, but neither felt right to me.

Switched over to the Murcielago and got gold with a few seconds to spare.

Looking at the leaderboard...some wizards, man. Wizards.

Hi,

the FXX with stock-settings is horrible to drive.

Try this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/ferrari-fxx-07.1840/ tuning from @GhostRider65

I need five or six attempts with this tune to earn gold.

D.

Edit: set ABS=1 and TC=3 makes it easier
I think I'm looking at this challenge the wrong way. I think I'm trying to focus more on raw speed instead of cornering
Edit: sold the fxx. Done. I guess I'll settle for bronze. I did try an aventador and kept getting dq'd every other lap and a murcielago and dq'd as well. I guess this challenge isn't for me.

Last edited:
Managed to improve some more to a 2:10.480, I'm still finding time but also messing up in other areas.

It's when you spend a couple of hours at it, and finally improve your time by 0.04 seconds, you know you're wasting your time!

Try letting off the gas when you turn in for the corner, for me if I try throttling it seems to understeer but if I lift off the gas for a moment it seems to turn where I want it to go.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 29
Back