600PP Italian Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 222 comments
Well I've tried the FERRARI FXX '07 (GhostRider tune). Not much luck with it. Better luck with the Lambo Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 (Ed's tune).
Just about ready to give up with this godforsaken time trial. Time trials are the devil.

David, I learned really quick on the slippery TT's to avoid overdriving the corners. It feels faster, but it's WAAAYYY slower.
Brake early, let it roll the corner and smooth into the power, avoid big slides.

You might already know this, but it never hurts to rethink it. :)

I did it! Fastest in the Nordic countries with a 2:06.301 for #63, and I think there's at least a good 0.6 or 0.7 still in there. I can't remember which tuners I've looked at, and it's a bit of a mish-mash, but it works for me. So here it is, if anyone's interested:

No oil, no rigidity, wash car
AS - Strong
TC - 1
ABS - 1

Suspension
100 100
7.45 11.15
3 2
2 4
7 7
0 0
0 0

Brakes
5 3

LSD
5 10 5

Gearbox
(Final 5000 Max speed 320)
1. 4193
2. 2808
3. 2043
4. 1560
5. 1250
6. 1050
Final 2840

Power limiter 71.4%
Clutch kit - Stage 3 Weight reduction - Window

573bhp 600pp

Stay in third as much as possible through the corners, only drop to second during the two hairpins, far over the curbs and be smooooth :)

If you've tried all the different setups for the FXX and they haven't been working for you then you might try adjusting How you drive that car.
You mentioned that top "robot" times seem slow, that's because they're inputs are only as fast as they need to be so as to not overwhelm the sh tires in any way.

It sounds weird but try slowing down to go faster.

Your a couple seconds faster than me, :bowdown:
but I cut a couple of seconds off of my time by concentrating on slowing my inputs to match what the tires could do and then adjusting my lines to compensate.
Bingo!! There's the trick,, for we mere mortals (and that's in no way a slam to our esteemed "aliens"!) we simply have to keep in mind the capabilities of SH tires and be willing to run lap after lap until we hit that one lap that nets us a decent time. For me and on SS or Race tires it's typically lap 4 or 5, but on the SH tires it takes many, many more.

I did it! Fastest in the Nordic countries with a 2:06.301 for #63, and I think there's at least a good 0.6 or 0.7 still in there. I can't remember which tuners I've looked at, and it's a bit of a mish-mash, but it works for me. So here it is, if anyone's interested:

Stay in third as much as possible through the corners, only drop to second during the two hairpins, far over the curbs and be smooooth :)

I'm ALWAYS interested to learn what setups other drivers use. You've run a 2:06 - I have not,, therefore I'm for certain open to trying another set up! Thank You for sharing!!

I tried more laps with the Pagani Zonda and got a best of 2.10.xxx. So I tried the Lambo Aventador 4x4, man that thing pushes off power, ALOT! Required wild set up tweaks to get where I liked it. Best of 2.09.7xx. So I got out the FXX, tweaked on it a bit and got a best of 2.08.8xx for P298...with about 3 big mistakes and a half dozen smaller mistakes, like braking a little late, or a little too much of a slide here and there.
I think it's got a 2.07 in it for me. I'd be ecstatic with a 2.06. Think I'll try argawildas setup and see how that goes tomorrow night.

Can't remember lol
It was some tune posted on the last time trial here, I find the way i did the lap was the easiest way to get a good lap in that's why it look so easy ahahah

Watching your replay and the top spot, I see two turns where he was a little tighter and a few spots he slid a tiny bit less. Clean those up and you can be close to P1....Awesome driving btw! Wish that's all the improvement I needed, lol.

AS - Strong
TC - 1
ABS - 1

Suspension
100 100
7.45 11.15
3 2
2 4
7 7
0 0
0 0

Brakes
5 3

LSD
5 10 5

Gearbox
1. 4193
2. 2808
3. 2043
4. 1560
5. 1250
6. 1050
Final 2840

Power limiter 71.4%

573bhp 600pp

That's a damn good time. Cheers.
Just to be sure, since you didn't state, which car is this? Is this with the FERRARI FXX '07 or the Lambo Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09?
Despite my fussing, I'd like to give it a shot. You know how it is. Sucker for punishment. :)

I tried more laps with the Pagani Zonda and got a best of 2.10.xxx. So I tried the Lambo Aventador 4x4, man that thing pushes off power, ALOT! Required wild set up tweaks to get where I liked it. Best of 2.09.7xx. So I got out the FXX, tweaked on it a bit and got a best of 2.08.8xx for P298...with about 3 big mistakes and a half dozen smaller mistakes, like braking a little late, or a little too much of a slide here and there.
I think it's got a 2.07 in it for me. I'd be ecstatic with a 2.06. Think I'll try argawildas setup and see how that goes tomorrow night.

Watching your replay and the top spot, I see two turns where he was a little tighter and a few spots he slid a tiny bit less. Clean those up and you can be close to P1....Awesome driving btw! Wish that's all the improvement I needed, lol.
Yes I was trying a few tweaks wasn't my best run, I expect to be closer in few days

AS - Strong
TC - 1
ABS - 1

Suspension
100 100
7.45 11.15
3 2
2 4
7 7
0 0
0 0

Brakes
5 3

LSD
5 10 5

Gearbox
1. 4193
2. 2808
3. 2043
4. 1560
5. 1250
6. 1050
Final 2840

Power limiter 71.4%

573bhp 600pp

Good

I know I kinda sold my fxx out of a fit of anger. I had a bit of a temperfit over this one and I wanted to apologize for my temper. I'm gonna take a week off of this challenge and try again. Collect myself and refresh myself and give it another shot
That's the right attitude to have bud 👍, when it gets to ya - back off, remember it's only a game - nothing in it to lose or gain but some fun. This one's a challenge :nervous:, but a challenge we just can't let go of until we run a lap we feel we're capable of running. Lots of drivers have set some blazing times :bowdown: but they've learned the line and proper blend of power, throttle and brake control. 👍👍 Just takes a good attitude:), a decent tune and a heck-uva-lot more laps than others need! ;)

At last. Gold. Lord amighty that wasn't easy.
argawilda's tune for the FXX wasn't working out. Transmission settings wasn't adding up for some reason, probably wasn't clear enough between metric or the other system. Car was lacking stability.
Eventually went back to the Lambo Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09 (Ed Night's tune) and finally got Gold. Amen and Amen. Think I'll take a little break now and a celebration drink later.

That's the right attitude to have bud 👍, when it gets to ya - back off, remember it's only a game - nothing in it to lose or gain but some fun. This one's a challenge :nervous:, but a challenge we just can't let go of until we run a lap we feel we're capable of running. Lots of drivers have set some blazing times :bowdown: but they've learned the line and proper blend of power, throttle and brake control. 👍👍 Just takes a good attitude:), a decent tune and a heck-uva-lot more laps than others need! ;)
I've ran Ascari before for one of the timed races and use it to test cars on a lot but this challenge is a real pain

Cor blimey guv!

GTO '84 @ Ascari [2'15.000].jpg

:lol:

AS - Strong
TC - 1
ABS - 1

Suspension
100 100
7.45 11.15
3 2
2 4
7 7
0 0
0 0

Brakes
5 3

LSD
5 10 5

Gearbox
1. 4193
2. 2808
3. 2043
4. 1560
5. 1250
6. 1050
Final 2840

Power limiter 71.4%

573bhp 600pp

Gave it a try, fishtailed everywhere and died 4 times on the first lap.:lol:

Came back to double check the tune and then noticed it's an AS strong tune. Written right at the top and plain as day. I completely missed it.

I put AS on strong to gave it another go and any correction I needed to make, the AS beat me to it and I had to keep correcting the corrections of the corrections.:crazy: It actually felt like someone else was in control of the car. A very weird feeling.

Thank you for posting the tune though.👍

Gave it a try, fishtailed everywhere and died 4 times on the first lap.:lol:

Came back to double check the tune and then noticed it's an AS strong tune. Written right at the top and plain as day. I completely missed it.

I put AS on strong to gave it another go and any correction I needed to make, the AS beat me to it and I had to keep correcting the corrections of the corrections.:crazy: It actually felt like someone else was in control of the car. A very weird feeling.

Thank you for posting the tune though.👍

I gave up long before even making one lap. I think there's either some mix up in the settings or something is not quite clear. Wish he would clear it up though.

I gave up long before even making one lap. I think there's either some mix up in the settings or something is not quite clear. Wish he would clear it up though.

I think they're tuned with strong active steering in mind so if you don't use it as well, you're in for a rude awakening.

They have the feeling to drive smooth in corners, I see Beau driving and it was smooth and clear. I cant do it, But much respect to this dudes. On fast tracks with fast cars i can follow that guys, But on this tracks they blow me away.

I'm the same as you with using an automatic gearbox and it's very frustrating waiting for the revs to drop off or pick up for the gears I want for the corners. We're missing out on the short shifting as well. Very handy for the lower grip tires and technical tracks.

You regularly finish higher than me in these TT's and you really seem to enjoy them but an auto gearbox is always going to hold you back from your true potential. Time to take your driving to the next level and get used to manual?

On a side note, I was up a second on my ghost and looking at a low 7. Choked on the start/finish straight and ran over the outside concrete for a 7.2 red lap. Jeez, these TT's are frustrating.

Latest Posts

Back