600PP Italian Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 222 comments
Yeah Ed have always stable tunes 👍

RuSTeD
'' and using x as acceleration button'' What else you must use with a controller?

@Kossie
Do you still use x, too? For me it's R2 for acceleration and L2 for braking.
GT4 abused my x-thumb waaay too much so when I had to learn with L2/R2 for an other game I liked it and kept it... and despite manual gearing is not possible for me that way driving without x became finally much more chilling for me!

@Kossie
Do you still use x, too? For me it's R2 for acceleration and L2 for braking.
GT4 abused my x-thumb waaay too much so when I had to learn with L2/R2 for an other game I liked it and kept it... and despite manual gearing is not possible for me that way driving without x became finally much more chilling for me!
Yes I use the x to give gas, It's the best way imo. But I use now manual gearing. So: x: accel breaking with the kubus and gearing with l1 and r1.

Yes I use the x to give gas, It's the best way imo. But I use now manual gearing. So: x: accel breaking with the kubus and gearing with l1 and r1.

I can't imagine all the countless kilometers in TT's... your thumb must be very very strong... 👍 :lol:

In the later times of GT4 I had to cut a thumb from a whoolish glove and then used it as protector when driving - the effect was small but better than nothing and it clearly prevented my thumb from exploding at one of the licence tests on the Nordschleife... :dunce: :scared:
btw: I had 5 or 6 different types I used...

Last edited:
Ed Night car and tune is the bess.

@Ed_Night fixes the Lamborghini

Finally I joined the '06 club. 2.06.891
Thanks to @HansDampf for the tune

Edit. Ooooops 2.06.348 :gtpflag:

@HansDampf fixes the Ferrari

German engineering at its finest
:cheers::bowdown::cheers:

Edit: Improved from 2:06.171 to 2:06.08x to 2:06.030, decided to give it one last try before turning the active steering thingamajig on, first lap red, next lap despite being a whole half second up at t2, scraped a 2:06.018, resisted throwing the controller, PS3 and the misses (had to blame someone - luv her really ;)) out the window and had a nice steady 2:05.833

3Tkf8KPYJDvPjFSUA_0.jpg

Halleluya :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Yeah Ed have always stable tunes 👍

RuSTeD
'' and using x as acceleration button'' What else you must use with a controller?
Well, using the right stick for gas and the left stick for steering could make me faster. But i don´t like this kind of "driving style" so i´ll stick with x for acceleration. Sometimes it´s hard for me because i´m a very good example for what a "pedal to the medal" driver is :dunce: but i just drive like this for 16 years now (i´m 22) so i most surely won´t change anything of my setup (of course a different story when i´ll buy an decent steering wheel :P )

Well, using the right stick for gas and the left stick for steering could make me faster. But i don´t like this kind of "driving style" so i´ll stick with x for acceleration. Sometimes it´s hard for me because i´m a very good example for what a "pedal to the medal" driver is :dunce: but i just drive like this for 16 years now (i´m 22) so i most surely won´t change anything of my setup (of course a different story when i´ll buy an decent steering wheel :P )

Btw: Do you use active steering? I do my first steps with it in these two actual TT's and I have to admit that it can be quite helpful, but you have to adjust your setup for it to work...

This is no disregard off hans dampf TT lap time , but iff you look on what hans dampf uses off aids compared too the TRL guys , I would say that there is a BIG diffenrence , I myself used active steering too start with and iff I still did I would probaly get a faster TT laptime , but I think it`s more fun going without the help and then I can compare my TT lap too the TRL guys , not that I do though , it would just melt my selfconfidence hehe

So too the guys who tryid hans dampf setup and found it a handfull , try it with active steering on , then maybe it isn`t , just a guess offcourse

Turned the steering babysitter on just to see what all the fuss was about. Improved sector 1 from mid to low 36's to mid to high 35's and sector 3 went from mid-low 45's to mid 44's for 2:05.2 at the line.

Still had plenty of hooliganism in the lap though, the thing I noticed was that it allowed me to get off the brakes and on the gas sooner through Sebring corner, the car is still a riot to drive though 👍

If anyone is having trouble doing this event with the Ferrari, I was also. Couldn't get below 2:20 if my life depended on it. I am an amateur compared to a lot of people who posted on this thread. However, I gave the Lambo a try and because of the 4WD I was able to get silver on my first lap. Within an hour I got the gold.

I highly recommend the Lambo for this race if you are not an expert at this game. Just use someone else's tune and you should be golden.

205.879. Now is gonna be hard to find the room for climb the ranking :rolleyes:

Edit. 2.05.231 P 96 :D
It was my best but also strangest lap. I drove the first sector in 36.2 which is a good but not excellent time, then I kept on driving without any pressure instead of restarting, and got my first (temporary) top100 :cheers:
It also means that I have room for high 2.04, so now I have the pressure to improve further :lol:

Last edited:
I think a common problem is that when someone does a bad 1st sector they just restart the lap, but it's beneficial to practice the entire lap and not worry about the lap time, in the end you will be faster that way.
also..
Pretty sure half the posts in these TT forums are people saying: "EDIT: 2:08xx, EDIT: 2:07.5, EDIT: 207.2". Is that what this place is supposed to be? Just looking through the laguna forum there's only a handful of useful posts.

This was me about 2 years ago. Switched to triggers and it really improved my braking, getting the car to turn in sharper and more consistently thanks to blending the controls.

That was with button steering, too! :dunce:

Moved to stick steering with triggers for an endurance series. You have to keep driving when 10 friends are in the room with you. Even though I hardly practiced, the track time in reacts with the same car improved my ability all lot.

I joined WRS and started doing a handful of laps in the given combination each week.

After another sprint series I went right stick gas, still left trigger brake and left stick steering. I used right stick gas and brake with button steering in GT2 as bouncy wheelspin was such a feature and the traction control was pretty useless! I went back to GT1 with this and demolished many if my Griffith and Viper gold licence records. Grand valley and SSR11 were memorable improvements.

So there are a lot of things you can try with DS3 without 'cheating' with Active Steering or glitching SRF into Quick Matches. :P

Now I can get podium on CM tyres driving a historic FR with maxxed out power. And TCS:0! Unthinkable before my mixed stick and trigger setup. It's taken a couple of casual series and longer WRS and seasonal sessions. But if I do half an hour every day I can maintain a driving level I am happy with.

As for this combo, the Lambo SV with Ed Nights tune and early braking, blending off early and turning in gradually, has let my time crew down in the steps @hotsaucer describes. :D

EDIT: I was always manual gears since halfway through GT1. When I switched to trigger gas and brake, I moved gears to L1 and R1. Rear view became R3 with light flashing L3. Could use that for horn if you prefer road cars. Other control spread around, such as X for reverse as it's close to right stick and is still a gas button, sort of.

Square for windscreen wipers. Right arrow for lights mode light GTA5. Right stick left/right to look at either side for lack of a pair of buttons within reach.

Last edited:
Btw: Do you use active steering? I do my first steps with it in these two actual TT's and I have to admit that it can be quite helpful, but you have to adjust your setup for it to work...
Hey, sorry for the late response. No, i don´t use any unrealistic assist, only tc and abs 1. I hate those assist and i wished they wouldn´t exist, because i know sooo many people who brag about how awesome they are, and then i see they´re using active steering strong and tc 3-5 :lol: So ridicolous, at the beginning i just beat their time and in most cases they went quiet, but now i don´t bother anymore because i know, if they are faster than me then only because they were using active steering.
As an beginner i can understand the use of active steering though. As long as they don´t stick to it and count on it on every situation where they overestimate themselves and they don´t brag about how "awesome" and "unbeatable" they are...
This was me about 2 years ago. Switched to triggers and it really improved my braking, getting the car to turn in sharper and more consistently thanks to blending the controls.

That was with button steering, too! :dunce:

Moved to stick steering with triggers for an endurance series. You have to keep driving when 10 friends are in the room with you. Even though I hardly practiced, the track time in reacts with the same car improved my ability all lot.

I joined WRS and started doing a handful of laps in the given combination each week.

After another sprint series I went right stick gas, still left trigger brake and left stick steering. I used right stick gas and brake with button steering in GT2 as bouncy wheelspin was such a feature and the traction control was pretty useless! I went back to GT1 with this and demolished many if my Griffith and Viper gold licence records. Grand valley and SSR11 were memorable improvements.

So there are a lot of things you can try with DS3 without 'cheating' with Active Steering or glitching SRF into Quick Matches. :P

Now I can get podium on CM tyres driving a historic FR with maxxed out power. And TCS:0! Unthinkable before my mixed stick and trigger setup. It's taken a couple of casual series and longer WRS and seasonal sessions. But if I do half an hour every day I can maintain a driving level I am happy with.

As for this combo, the Lambo SV with Ed Nights tune and early braking, blending off early and turning in gradually, has let my time crew down in the steps @hotsaucer describes. :D

EDIT: I was always manual gears since halfway through GT1. When I switched to trigger gas and brake, I moved gears to L1 and R1. Rear view became R3 with light flashing L3. Could use that for horn if you prefer road cars. Other control spread around, such as X for reverse as it's close to right stick and is still a gas button, sort of.

Square for windscreen wipers. Right arrow for lights mode light GTA5. Right stick left/right to look at either side for lack of a pair of buttons within reach.
Respect for driving with button steering, had to be awful at the time. And also respect for being so patient with learning :D Thanks for the little story :) I totally agree with you. It´s only a learning process. But i don´t really have the time and patience to learn a new DS3 setup. I rarely am online because of the lack of internet (only have internet when i visit a friend/family, which rarely happens) and i only play GT6 for fun and collecting all cars (of course not the various duplicates :P ). Sometime (probably when GT7 is released) i´ll get a full setup with an PS4 an decent wheel and maybe a decent raceseat with a decent screen (though it´s last on my wishlist because it´s less important for me than the other stuff) but that will take a while because at the moment i have some real life threats i have to get rid of. :indiff:

I've seen in the replay of TRL_Immortal that his engine control lamp is red - I understand why you all wear down your Hybrids but I wonder what advantage you have there?
Dirty oil = less PP = more engine power parts = faster? Is it something like that?

I try to make if you want. I do not promise you anything because it is a car very difficult to control and very unpredictable.
high gears,low Rpm helps very,very much on tha
Thx for your hint! 👍 - but I have to admit that it's not that easy to do with controller and automatic gears... :confused:
he he I see that problem yes,but try manuell,i used aut. for a long time becase i was thinking that it was a big deal to change,it is not,few hours on manuel was all,never tried aut again actually,it will not happend.. The whole driving experiense becomes much better with manuel.. in my wiew at least it does,test it and see for your self..

Thx for your hint! 👍 - but I have to admit that it's not that easy to do with controller and automatic gears... :confused:
yes i see that,did not think over that many use controller and automatic,then i cant help any.. Mayby another car,or test manuell gears.. :0)

Wow man... this is still hard. I think I can make a 2:05 lap. I gonna try it before Thursday. Train today on the track and make a couple 2:09 laps. Very tricky track.

Well done opi, Nice time 👍👍 I only play 10 laps I think, I make a 2:09 yesterday( with many many many mistakes).

Back