600PP Italian Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 222 comments
messed about with acceleration sensitivity, 50 on front and 60 on the rear to see what it would do. All splits were faster, just never on the same lap, then strung them together

IMG_20160921_131626.jpg

"Nothing to do with setup": top 5 are all TRL drivers. Repeatedly dodges my questions about setup.

Obviously the times have much to do with set-up, have any of these "TRL" drivers beat this race in a stock F40.... No matter, no one is under any obligation to share any of their tunes, that's why none of these races mean anything. The only races in GT that mean anything are the ones you can't manipulate.

Not saying I believe that, maybe TC10? But regardless, I made you work :D. Now do it with a DS3!
TCS on 10 would be far, far slower and more difficult for me just because of how much the traction control would interfere with my driving. I always have it on 0 because it feels the most natural to me.

I hope that TRL drivers stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the other TT event :lol:.

Edit: Doodle it was stock??

Yeah it's stock. Took me two laps to get gold with my wheel. I lost 1.5 seconds from bad driving trying to learn how the car behaves.

Now I did try with a controller because I like a good challenge. :P Got this in 15 minutes after not using my controller for over 3 years on GT5/6 and automatic transmission (because my controller is a little messed up and changing gears is almost impossible)

proof Screenshot 2016-09-21 12-57-46.png

Like the change to Riccardo in shot :cheers:. Maybe his controlled aggressive driving is growing on you :);)

Great driver and person. My second fovorite. Max Can learn from him. But I think... I think that... Ricciardo go to ferrari when Kimmi stops(also a great driver). Then you have the fantastic 3 teams. Set Gasly(mark my words) next to Max and its party time :gtpflag:

Last edited:
The stock F40 is a handful. I did about 5 or 6 laps at got a 15.6xx and decided, nevermind!

Where it gained on some people on my friend list was interesting. Got killed on anything resembling a straight. When/if I could keep it straight.

I've tried a couple FXX tunes but all of them were not stable enough for me esp with the corners, even with Active Steering on "Strong" and TC 1, ABS 1. Even increased TC and ABS didn't help. Pretty much gave up after a while.

I try to make if you want. I do not promise you anything because it is a car very difficult to control and very unpredictable.

Thx to @Ed_Night for his great Murcielago tune for this event! 👍

Usually never driving on this track I surprisingly achieved gold with my first completed lap in 2:12,777.
After adjusting breaking balance (5/3) and adding toe (-0,05/+0,03) I improved within the next 2 laps to 2:09,889 and p943 at that moment. As usual much room for improvement and much slower than most of you but I'm really happy with that for now - still have to try the FXX for a wild ride... :D

Update: The FXX with @HansDampf tune was - as expected - too much to handle with my skills on my controller... detuned it a bit to get it more stable and got an easy gold - but not exactly a fun ride with the FXX, too slippy for me at all. Would rather take the smooth Lambo again, but FXX is clearly faster if you're able to drive it at the limit - I'm not... :dunce:

But respect for all of you who ride this crazy horse at that level... :bowdown:

Last edited:
I've seen in the replay of TRL_Immortal that his engine control lamp is red - I understand why you all wear down your Hybrids but I wonder what advantage you have there?
Dirty oil = less PP = more engine power parts = faster? Is it something like that?

Last edited:
Hello what is stock brakes
Stock = Original like it is when you buy the car !

You are on fire in both TT's. :bowdown:👍
so you dont recomend Stock brakes,suspension,gear like many seem to use??

Thx to @Ed_Night for his great Murcielago tune for this event! 👍

Usually never driving on this track I surprisingly achieved gold with my first completed lap in 2:12,777.
After adjusting breaking balance (5/3) and adding toe (-0,05/+0,03) I improved within the next 2 laps to 2:09,889 and p943 at that moment. As usual much room for improvement and much slower than most of you but I'm really happy with that for now - still have to try the FXX for a wild ride... :D

Update: The FXX with @HansDampf tune was - as expected - too much to handle with my skills on my controller... detuned it a bit to get it more stable and got an easy gold - but not exactly a fun ride with the FXX, too slippy for me at all. Would rather take the smooth Lambo again, but FXX is clearly faster if you're able to drive it at the limit - I'm not... :dunce:

But respect for all of you who ride this crazy horse at that level... :bowdown:
On FXX use high gears and keep low Rpm,then it is pretty stabil and not that "slippy" at all but with high Rpm = oversteer! Is how i solved it but then again it kills acceleration so .. But it got very stabil and easy to drive,but if it is the "answer" i dont know but it worked for me!! :0)

Last edited by a moderator:
On FXX use high gears and keep low Rpm,then it is pretty stabil and not that "slippy" at all but with high Rpm = oversteer! Is how i solved it but then again it kills acceleration so .. But it got very stabil and easy to drive,but if it is the "answer" i dont know but it worked for me!! :0)

Thx for your hint! 👍 - but I have to admit that it's not that easy to do with controller and automatic gears... :confused:

Here is my Set for the FXX . My time is 2:01,891 . P3 in the moment

115 90
5,70 8,77
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0 0 Br. 6 3

Dif 5 30 5

Final 5500
260 kmh (min)
Final 4300

Powerlimiter: 73,7, no body rigidity ,1.074 kg

Hope it helps, Jens :cheers:
Thx for the tune! Finally got Gold with it. 2.13.4xx though the car is super slippery for me but i'm a DS3 User with AT gears TC1 and using x as acceleration button :boggled: But anyway that's it for me. Hate the track hate the car (thought with Racing Hards this car has an Incredible handling) so probably won't try to improve my time. Greetings from Germany :gtpflag:

Here is my Set for the FXX . My time is 2:01,891 . P3 in the moment

115 90
5,70 8,77
1 1
1 1
7 7
0 0
0 0 Br. 6 3

Dif 5 30 5

Final 5500
260 kmh (min)
Final 4300

Powerlimiter: 73,7, no body rigidity ,1.074 kg

Hope it helps, Jens :cheers:

Gave it a shot (couple actually) but dayuuum that FXX is still too unstable, turnwise, on that track with Sport Hards. Eventually sold the car again in frustration.

Back