600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 270 comments
Oh YES! The ts030 is as fast as the 2J here!? I'm buying one

I wouldn't go that far as the fastest time set so far with the Toyota (user V32R in 7th @ 1'09.014) is still 1 second slower than the guy (Wolf_Aono) in P1 with a time of 1'07.922 using the 2J. I've used the Toyota many times before and I do agree that it may be faster in over all speed, but I think the 2J really holds the advantage here because of its downforce. Would be interesting though to see what the faster guys can do with it, especially Wolf since he holds a .700 lead over P2. He's really able to get the 2J to rotate pretty well which makes for his awesome lap. I'm going to try the Toyota myself to see if I can match or even beat my time. It already has a decent tune on it from an earlier TT at Red Bull Ring I think it was a while back. If I remember right though, the 2J ended up being the go to car for that TT as well. At any rate, I think the Toyota is a good alternative if you're looking to use a car other than the 2J, I just don't think its good enough if you're going for P1 or even a top 10. If other Aliens start participating in this event, I don't even think it'll be good enough for a top 10 in my opinion. I haven't seen only but a few of the regular aliens participating in this one yet so we'll see. Just my 2 cents. :cheers:

One way to find out. It's a awesome car though, and the fact I attend the Le Mans 24H every year makes me want to get to know it intimately :sly:

I used my Nomad Diablo, one of the rare occasions I got Gold on my first lap, then in a few laps shaved it down to a 1:18.267, with more to give. Fun car if, like me, you prefer not to downtune faster cars to meet the PP. Handling can be a little lively on tighter tracks but it's perfect for this. Didn't see many others using it in the leaderboards though. Will now try it with my GTR Touring Car, a little slower but way more stable :)

Wow I'm not late to the party this time. Broke out the Chapparal 2J '70 adjusted the power and suspension a tad. Made a great car, easy Gold, and if you push it could be a contentder. I pulled a 1:11.575 *current rank 423rd :D* only 0.432 behind mr @GTP_CargoRatt and I was level with or slightly in front of him most of the lap, lost him at the left hand sweeper and at the final chicane they are my undoing at Apricot.

Wow I'm not late to the party this time. Broke out the Chapparal 2J '70 adjusted the power and suspension a tad. Made a great car, easy Gold, and if you push it could be a contentder. I pulled a 1:11.575 *current rank 423rd :D* only 0.432 behind mr @GTP_CargoRatt and I was level with or slightly in front of him most of the lap, lost him at the left hand sweeper and at the final chicane they are my undoing at Apricot.

Don't get too excited, I've only just begun. :P Tried the Toyota and couldn't even come close to keeping up with my 2J ghost so as far as I'm concerned, the 2J is still the go to car if you're searching for a top spot.

New update for the TS030 , 1:09.868 but with 598PP, needed oil change....:lol: i´ll try again later.
TOYOTA TS030 HYBRID `12 //600PP // RACING HARD TIRES
I had to re-learn how to drive this after moving to the updated tune. I dropped from 1:11.136 to 1:10.787 despite feeling sick today. I will break 1:09 with this tune when I feel better. It has much better turn in, and a looser rear while trail breaking--and I haven't quite adapted to take advantage of those traits.

I can't get the 2J around this track faster than the mid 1:12's. Who has a good tune? This thing (2J) wore out my arms and hands trying to put it in it's place!

Don't get too excited, I've only just begun. :P Tried the Toyota and couldn't even come close to keeping up with my 2J ghost so as far as I'm concerned, the 2J is still the go to car if you're searching for a top spot.
The fact I was even able to keep up with you at all is a feat for me :)

Edit;grammar

Last edited:
Got frustrated and gave up. 1:10.515, but I can gain about 0.300 in the first sector and lose it in the hairpin and chicane. Grrr....

1:08.839 for 4th place with the one on the left.

image.jpg

I've managed to get my time down to 1:11.859 in the TS030. Got gold on my first lap. This car is so fun to drive. Will try a few tunes from the good folks here to help get that time down.

@WhoosierGirl would you possibly share your tune with us? Is it 'off the peg' or tailor made for this track?

Your replay looks amazingly controlled, lots of part throttle and part brake. The line isn't perfect...oh no...that means you're going to go even faster! :nervous:

Anyone else remember when this track was new, in GT2? The final Super License was using the TS020 around here, with the ultra strict target times they had back in the day. Guiding the TS030 around here is wonderfully nostalgic - they have similar characteristics but so much more finesse in GT6 physics compared with GT2. It's a delight! Thank you PD.

Please please beat those 2Js with this beautiful machine.

Driving Options (DS3 Novice)
TCS: 7 [sorry!]
ABS: 1
Steering: 5
Active Steering: None
ASM: Off

@PASM tune for 623pp stiffly sprung max downforce TS030, just reduce power and don't do oil change. (Or do oil change and reduce it further.)

After getting 1:11s easily with this I tried the @praiano63 tune with 600pp min sprung max ride height TS030. At first I kept max rear downforce for traction. Changed the LSD to 10 10 10 and Brakes 8 5 and it came alive! With that it's definitely faster down at 750 and this gave my best time.

I like to rotate the car a little during the braking phase so these balance settings will be for taste. The PASM tune with reduced power is very very easy to drive fast if you are struggling with DS3.

After many laps, completed a valid 1:09.971 good for an early 49th place. 0.7s ahead of Messrs @SW__10 and @GTP_CargoRatt both in 2Js so I'm chuffed to bits!

Their times will tumble of course, hopefully by using the fantastic TS030. :gtpflag:

Transmission
Set the power so you're at 601pp then click left until the moment it rounds down 600pp.
Final: 4998 [will change again later]
Max. Speed: 240 [all the way left - do not change this again]
1: 3.500 [not used]
2: 2.525 [only at hairpin]
3: 1.950 [balances the grunt with the grip out of the hairpin]
4: 1.625 [could try 1.600 to avoid 5th before the long fast left in middle of lap]
5: 1.400
6: 1.225 [power curve is flat across the top end]
Final: 3.875 [just into the red at end of start/finish straight]

@WhoosierGirl would you possibly share your tune with us? Is it 'off the peg' or tailor made for this track?

Your replay looks amazingly controlled, lots of part throttle and part brake. The line isn't perfect...oh no...that means you're going to go even faster! :nervous:

Anyone else remember when this track was new, in GT2? The final Super License was using the TS020 around here, with the ultra strict target times they had back in the day. Guiding the TS030 around here is wonderfully nostalgic - they have similar characteristics but so much more finesse in GT6 physics compared with GT2. It's a delight! Thank you PD.

@PASM tune for 623pp stiffly sprung max downforce TS030, just reduce power and don't do oil change. (Or do oil change and reduce it further.)

After getting 1:11s easily with this I tried the @praiano63 tune with 600pp min sprung max ride height TS030. At first I kept max rear downforce for traction. Changed the LSD to 10 10 10 and Brakes 8 5 and it came alive! With that it's definitely faster down at 750 and this gave my best time.

I like to rotate the car a little during the braking phase so these balance settings will be for taste. The PASM tune with reduced power is very very easy to drive fast if you are struggling with DS3.

After many laps, completed a valid 1:09.971 good for an early 49th place. 0.7s ahead of Messrs @SW__10 and @GTP_CargoRatt both in 2Js so I'm chuffed to bits!

Their times will tumble of course, hopefully by using the fantastic TS030. :gtpflag:

Transmission
Set the power so you're at 601pp then click left until the moment it rounds down 600pp.
4: 1.625 [could try 1.600 to avoid 5th before the long fast left in middle of lap]

Great job my friend, well done. :bowdown: I wouldn't be too chuffed about being ahead of me, I'm no one special and definitely no one who you should be comparing your lap times to as I'm just an average driver running average lap times. You are in a league of aliens so you're better off comparing yourself to them and chasing their times rather than my mediocre times. Good luck to you friend, pulling for you to get a good finish. 👍 :cheers:

Transmission

The best I did with my own setup was (1:09.029) I added @praiano63 setup and within 3 laps beat my time. It is very easy to drive and very fast, not a one lucky lap setup.

image.jpg

I changed to my tried and true LSD of 14/12/16 and dropped to 1:08.839. I was two tenths off in the first sector so I gave a little away so there is some time to gain.

I was in good rhythm so I switched to the 2J, just to see which is fastest. It wasn't to long and I was leading my Toyota ghost coming to the finished line. I paused the game and spent a few minutes debating between improving on the leaderboard or my dislike of the toaster, toaster lost...lol.

EDIT, 2J lap was a 1:08.636

The best I did with my own setup was (1:09.029) I added @praiano63 setup and within 3 laps beat my time. It is very easy to drive and very fast, not a one lucky lap setup.

View attachment 259958

I changed to my tried and true LSD of 14/12/16 and dropped to 1:08.839. I was two tenths off in the first sector so I gave a little away so there is some time to gain.

I was in good rhythm so I switched to the 2J, just to see which is fastest. It wasn't to long and I was leading my Toyota ghost coming to the finished line. I paused the game and spent a few minutes debating between improving on the leaderboard or my dislike of the toaster, toaster lost...lol.

EDIT, 2J lap was a 1:08.636

And instead of going for more you probably tried to gold with the Prius Touring Car, Whoosier your killing me! I would wear the pink for either of those laps.

I am just pulling your leg Whoosier, :cheers:

Using Priano's updated (read, amazing) tune for the TS030, I managed to get into the low 1:10's which was enough for the top 100 this morning... couldn't get it down into alien territory though. What's more, I have a sneaking suspicion that after 6-odd years of wear and toil, my DS3 is finally starting to give up on me... :(

Speaking of wear & tear, I just discovered while logging in for the bonus that my TS030 was down to 595 pp from bad oil, and I also needed my rigidity restored. No wonder I was losing my 1st sector gains from the hairpin through the chicane, and my ghost was pulling away on the straights. I'll have to try again later because I KNOW I can break into the 9's.

1'09.217

Finally got it tuned so I am able to hold it wide open going through that last sweeper coming to the line. As soon as I was able to do that, I picked up a load of time.
Any chance of posting that tune Cargo?

I was interested in changing 1st gear on the 2J so as not to have to change up and down so much on those early corners, Rajman's tune fixed that although I adjusted his final.

Back