600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 270 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

R5P0afM.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 20/11/2014 – 04/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 20/11/2014 – 18/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
PP: 600 or less
Tyres: Racing Hard or less
Categories: Racing Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 120,000
Silver: Cr. 78,000
Bronze: Cr. 36,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT CHROME 010-W paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:21.000
Silver: 1:23.000
Bronze: 1:28.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Apricot Hill Raceway
Track Length: 2.40 miles / 3862 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 by shaunm80

Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06 by Thorin Cain

Mazda Furai '08 by nowcontrol

Chaparral 2J '70 by krenkme

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 by trustjab

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 by praiano63

Chaparral 2J '70 by Otaliema

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 by SW__10

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Break out your rolling cigarette packs folks...
Well it was fun while it lasted, I was in the top 20. That was fleeting...

Last edited:
After winning the new Subaru Vision GT (which drives insanely!), I decided to throw it at this event. Wow. Got Gold without a ton of effort on lap 3 (I clipped a corner on lap 2, invalidating my time).

I swear the trick to getting a better laptime in that fake Subaru is to just keep driving more and more like an idiot. The car just seems to figure out what you want to do and does it. I'm assuming it must recharge its hybrid system when you let off the gas, because on a lot of high speed corners, that seemed to be all I had to do to slow it down. The car just seemed unshakable.

Easy gold with TS030. Got my highest ranking ever of 111th with a 1:12.389, after just a couple of laps. Tumbling down the list now though!

Used the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 with a tune from @shaunm80
Tune is here
only things i changed
Power limiter to 88.5% ( i tried adding ballast, that was a bad choice)
and final gear from 2.920 to 3.075
First full lap 1:14,842
Automatic gears
traction=1
Abs=1
DS3=6
shot0003.png
shot0005.png

With this one it felt like the gold was set at a very easily attainable time... didn't feel like much of a challenge to gold. :ouch:The gold chrome is very nice.:cool:

@nowcontrol ... love your work.... been lurking around your seasonal threads and it always makes for a good read:cheers:

I had $11 mil so splurged out and bought a TSO30 Hybrid '12 and a 2J to boot, bound to need one some day anyway.
Found a tune for the Tojo by Bhowe83 and made a few changes which gave me a 1:13.257 however I just found that one of the boys who had been playing earlier had not saved my stuff and so my amended tune has 'gone bush'.
Might try the 2J if I can find a quick tune for it.

Thanks as usual for keeping up the seasonal threads @nowcontrol, top job!

I know most of you will be looking to the 2J or Toyota hybrid for this event (as usual;)) but if you fancy trying something that will get you gold and isn't one of them, this should do it quite easily.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/nissan-z-gt500-base-model-06.375/

1:17.145 on lap 1 with a little mistake or 2 using only ABS on DS3 with X and sqr. There's a good bit of time left there too but I'm off to try some others.

Good luck everyone! :cheers:

I got gold on this 1st lap. I love Apricot Hill, but I have to give a big:tup:👍👍 to @nowcontrol for his set up on the Mazda Furai. I only changed the the final gear. Finally I've got a gold and a good paint chip.

I am pleased it has worked for you, perhaps it can be helpful for others who would like to 'feel the Furai'...

:lol:

I may even have a run with it myself later today.

:D 👍

How many cars can run a 1:21 at Apricot? Stock GT500? GT3?

I will try my trusty GT500 '97 Castrol Supra.

Last edited:
Apricot Hill ... not my track.
Golded this with my Toyota Yellowhat on the first lap and wanted to leave, but there was this blue line ...
Took the Chappy and shaved 6" off, 0:00:03 behind the blue line ... oh well ...:D

Easy gold in the Alfa 155 Touring car. This seasonal seems a lot more forgiving compared to some of the later time trial seasonals.

For the first time (I think), I got gold on the first lap in a Superlap/TT:tup::cheers:

I used the Impreza GT300 Base Model with only an adjusted transmission. Other than boosting power to the right PP of course.

Just took out my 2J and improved by a few seconds after initially Golding this with my Honda HSV. Even though this car (2J) is over used in these events, I still have a soft spot for this odd little car. People treat it like a Red-headed step child but I just think of it as a great piece of automotive history that was ahead of the times. :)

Hi guys! Well, I finally made my goal to get into the Top50! Im super excited and hope I can stay at least in the Top100 until the end of the event. Im currently rank 31 with 1:10:275

Last edited:
I'm usually rubbish at these super laps so I thought I'd go at with the Toyota ts030..
Kinda wish I hadn't.. 1st lap 1.18.. Game over..

Just took out my 2J and improved by a few seconds after initially Golding this with my Honda HSV. Even though this car (2J) is over used in these events, I still have a soft spot for this odd little car. People treat it like a Red-headed step child but I just think of it as a great piece of automotive history that was ahead of the times. :)
And exactly what's wrong with a red-headed step child?:(:lol:
They're usually a lot better to look at than that washing machine on wheels at least.

Although it is a brilliant piece of engineering to be sure.👍

Back