600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 270 comments
And exactly what's wrong with a red-headed step child?:(:lol:
They're usually a lot better to look at than that washing machine on wheels at least.

Although it is a brilliant piece of engineering to be sure.👍

Not a thing in my book, its just a slang type expression used in this country (U.S.) basically to described the unwanted or unloved. Please see link.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=red headed stepchild

Please forgive me if I offended you in anyway, that was certainly not my intent.

Used the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 with a tune from @shaunm80
Tune is here
only things i changed
Power limiter to 88.5% ( i tried adding ballast, that was a bad choice)
and final gear from 2.920 to 3.075
First full lap 1:14,842
Automatic gears
traction=1
Abs=1
DS3=6
Try that setup but with 575 front downforce, 0.0/-.10 toe angle. Much easier to turn in.

Still haven't got around to putting a tune on my 2J and giving it a run yet. Thought I'd have a few quick runs with the Tojo first for comparisons sake and improved to 1:12.833.
Now I might put Praiano's tune on the 2J and see how it goes.

OK, using the 2J with Praiano's tune (mostly) and am down to 1:12.157, third on my friends list behind Zona and Cargo.

Better still, 1:11.913. Praiano never touched the gears, I'm not sure they are perfect for this track.

Last edited:
Set a 1:20.3 in the vgt subaru. It is very fast in a straight line but it was very understeery before i start changing the settings. It is not that hard to make it behave how you want it to be since it got four wheel drive.

Still haven't got around to putting a tune on my 2J and giving it a run yet. Thought I'd have a few quick runs with the Tojo first for comparisons sake and improved to 1:12.833.
Now I might put Praiano's tune on the 2J and see how it goes.

OK, using the 2J with Praiano's tune (mostly) and am down to 1:12.157, third on my friends list behind Zona and Cargo.
I am also third on my friends list behind those two rats. :lol:

Not a thing in my book, its just a slang type expression used in this country (U.S.) basically to described the unwanted or unloved. Please see link.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=red headed stepchild

Please forgive me if I offended you in anyway, that was certainly not my intent.
No problems at all, and no offence taken my friend. I've heard the expression plenty of times. Was having a joke, I thought that would have been clear from the little faces. Sorry for the confussion Mitch, my bad I'll have to work on my e-humour a bit more.

No problems at all, and no offence taken my friend. I've heard the expression plenty of times. Was having a joke, I thought that would have been clear from the little faces. Sorry for the confussion Mitch, my bad I'll have to work on my e-humour a bit more.

No no, not your fault at all, just making sure there was no confusion as I know things can get lost in translation from country to country. We're all good. :cheers:

@hall90 Sorry :guilty:.........no I'm not. :P

I keep getting disconnected from the damn server. :banghead: Everything was fine until after I updated the PS3 and downloaded the update. Now sometimes I can't even connect and when I do, I end up getting disconnected after 20 minutes or so. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
No no, not your fault at all, just making sure there was no confusion as I know things can get lost in translation from country to country. We're all good. :cheers:

I keep getting disconnected from the damn server. :banghead: Everything was fine until after I updated the PS3 and downloaded the update. Now sometimes I can't even connect and when I do, I end up getting disconnected after 20 minutes or so. Anyone else having this problem?
Perhaps your Modem is your problem just reset it and see what happens. 👍

:cool:

Now about your problem, one of my friends had the same thing after the updates. However, before the update one of the others had that same issue and has been fine since the update.

The same things have been happening since GT5 amongst my friends, some can never see each other on track, some get disconnected from servers every time they join any rooms. And every now and again something happens and it affects different people and the others are all of a sudden perfectly fine.

I have no idea what causes it or how to help unfortunately. Sorry I can't be a bigger help, I know it's :mad::banghead: Hope you get it sorted soon.:cheers:

Perhaps your Modem is your problem just reset it and see what happens. 👍

Nah, its not the modem. My internet is fine. Can sign into PSN just fine and surf the internet otherwise, it just seems to be PD's servers that I can't keep connected to for some reason. I have reset my modem just in case, but just as I thought, it didn't fix the problem. Like I said, everything else is fine as far as my internet goes, its just staying connected to the server which was never a problem before the latest software update for the PS3.

Man, I thought I was happy with a 1:15.8xx in the HSV '12... but obviously people are destroying that time! Maybe I should expand my choices a little! :lol:

But seriously, some seriously fast times out there and it's great to read about them in one spot... thanks so much @nowcontrol

Cheers

Nah, its not the modem. My internet is fine. Can sign into PSN just fine and surf the internet otherwise, it just seems to be PD's servers that I can't keep connected to for some reason. I have reset my modem just in case, but just as I thought, it didn't fix the problem. Like I said, everything else is fine as far as my internet goes, its just staying connected to the server which was never a problem before the latest software update for the PS3.
Strange.

@GTP_CargoRatt the next time you turn on your PS3, scroll to the left until you get to SETTINGS. Then scroll down to NETWORK SETTINGS and select that. Then select INTERNET CONNECTION TEST. You should get back "Type 2" for NAT Type. If you have anything else there, especially if it's blank, that will be your problem. Also, it's a good idea to have UPnP enabled.

I was experiencing issues a few months back after installing a PS3 update and for some reason it changed some of my PS3 Network Settings. I ran through the INTERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS again, and just made sure everything was set the way I expected it to be and that took care of my issues. Good luck...

Oh...I haven't tried either of these new Seasonal Events yet. I think I'll give this one a go in a few minutes.

EDIT: Ran 2 laps in my Toyota TS030 Hybrid 1:13.668. I just couldn't use the 2J again...I have nothing against the car. It's an engineering marvel! I just get tired using it over and over again. Same with the Suzuki GSX/R-4.

Last edited:
TOYOTA TS030 @600PP

Vehicle stats

463hp (83.4%)
902kg (+2kg)
Weight Distribution 50:50

Suspension

Ride height; 55/60
Spring rate; 22.25/22.50
Dampers; 5/7 & 6/8
Roll bars; 3/5
Camber; 0.0/0.0
Toe angle; 0.00/-0.10
Brakes; 8/8

Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 3.496
2nd 2.685
3rd 2.055
4th 1.670
5th 1.407
6th 1.224
Set final gear to 3.600

LSD
5/10/20

Downforce
600/720

Able to do 1:10's with ds3 with only abs set to 1.

Is that for the 2J ?, because I am using @praiano63 tune and I am in the high 1:11s.

I used his tune yesterday and got it down into the 1:14s, then mucked around with the lsd settings then I got it down it the 1:12s which last time I saw it was placed me in 175th on the leader board, just need a good gear tune for it and should be able to shave a second of my time

@GTP_CargoRatt the next time you turn on your PS3, scroll to the left until you get to SETTINGS. Then scroll down to NETWORK SETTINGS and select that. Then select INTERNET CONNECTION TEST. You should get back "Type 2" for NAT Type. If you have anything else there, especially if it's blank, that will be your problem. Also, it's a good idea to have UPnP enabled.

I was experiencing issues a few months back after installing a PS3 update and for some reason it changed some of my PS3 Network Settings. I ran through the INTERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS again, and just made sure everything was set the way I expected it to be and that took care of my issues. Good luck...

Oh...I haven't tried either of these new Seasonal Events yet. I think I'll give this one a go in a few minutes.

EDIT: Ran 2 laps in my Toyota TS030 Hybrid 1:13.668. I just couldn't use the 2J again...I have nothing against the car. It's an engineering marvel! I just get tired using it over and over again. Same with the Suzuki GSX/R-4.

Thanks for the advice here but with my knowledge of internet networking and all, (went to school for 2 years and am A+ certified) that is the first thing I looked at. That's not the problem and it seems to be the way my PS3 is connecting to PD's servers. I have a few things I'm going to try as soon as I get woke up here. I'm wireless right now so I'm either going to have to find a way to hard wire my PS3 or I can try putting it in DMZ. Its funny though as I didn't have any problems at all until the latest PS3 software update a few days ago. Thanks again for your willingness to help, much appreciated.

@gtp CargoRatt "I keep getting disconnected from the damn server. :banghead: Everything was fine until after I updated the PS3 and downloaded the update. Now sometimes I can't even connect and when I do, I end up getting disconnected after 20 minutes or so. Anyone else having this problem?"

Weird :confused:, I had the same problem before updated, after doing the update did not have that problem anymore.

Thanks for the advice here but with my knowledge of internet networking and all, (went to school for 2 years and am A+ certified) that is the first thing I looked at. That's not the problem and it seems to be the way my PS3 is connecting to PD's servers. I have a few things I'm going to try as soon as I get woke up here. I'm wireless right now so I'm either going to have to find a way to hard wire my PS3 or I can try putting it in DMZ. Its funny though as I didn't have any problems at all until the latest PS3 software update a few days ago. Thanks again for your willingness to help, much appreciated.
Oh okay...I thought it was worth a shot. It IS strange that this problem has only been affecting you since that PS3 update. I know how frustrating it is. I'm fairly handy with networking as well and I never thought that my Networking Settings would have changed due to an update. That's why I didn't even check mine for a couple of days. This was several months back, however. I won't make that mistake again!

I know this is different from your problem, but I have been experiencing my own strange problem with GT6 recently. There is a small group of us who race on Saturdays. For two weeks in a row now, when I go to join the room I can not get in. The room is set for 16 maximum participants and there is usually about 5 in the room. Two weeks ago it kept saying "Room is full". This past weekend it just kept saying "Request Timed Out." (I think)... I was finally able to get in two weeks ago when everyone else left the room. It's extra embarrassing because I am the new guy in this group and I only knew one other racer in the group when I joined up with them. I'm praying I do not have the problem this weekend.

Back